Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Somebody buy me a lady. From someone who delivers at 04:30.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I am constantly astonished that LPs for games are popular and a thing anyone goes out of their way to find and watch. If it's high concept (The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing) or short and done with professional comedians / creator commentary, then sure. But just like, watching some guy play through all of a new AAA title? What on earth is the point?
    dkmouthsig.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    21st, how far are you into your academic journey

I have one more year of university before i have my bachelor's in admin. i have nothing to do until the classes start again in august...

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

i wish i had a job, though..

Speaking of which, i need to start calling therapists, find one and get therapy so i can hold a jerb.

Also get a driver's license.

Driver's license yes. Job, no, no, no, you sweet summer child, I was you a year ago, desperate not to be one of the unemployed, one of the scorned, the huddled masses, the despised leeches

but now I am employed and it has made me need a therapist but I don't have time for one because of the job. You don't need to be sane to get a job but you have to be crazy to keep it

Oh man, real life sounds scary as hell. :(

Ok well i don't men to terrify you or anything cause I know you are like me, i.e. very anxious about unknown factors to a degree deemed unreasonable by outside observers

(dear outside observers stfu)

everyone's life is different of course and most people really don't have a problem with their jobs, and even enjoy them, oddly enough, and with any luck that will definitely happen to you after you graduate (if that's your goal), and you shouldn't let my bitterness taint your decisionmaking, because I am admittedly not in the greatest place right now

everyone has to go through shitty jobs i guess, it is a rite of passage for being a human adult person

anyway sorry i am making this more about me than you

21st you will be ok and what I recommend you spend this free time doing if you don't wanna sit around all day playing vidja games is START RESEARCHING YOUR FUTURE CAUSE 22ndCENTURY WILL THANK YOU FOR IT
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Pacific Rim game incoming! (xbla/PSN)

K2AXzXW.jpg

:o

TAKE MY MONEY, PLEASE.

Edit: Wait, upon closer examination, there seems to only be 5 playable characters?

Okay, i'm skeptical now.
    21stCentury on

I have one more year of university before i have my bachelor's in admin. i have nothing to do until the classes start again in august...

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

Speaking of which, i need to start calling therapists, find one and get therapy so i can hold a jerb.

Driver's license yes. Job, no, no, no, you sweet summer child, I was you a year ago, desperate not to be one of the unemployed, one of the scorned, the huddled masses, the despised leeches

but now I am employed and it has made me need a therapist but I don't have time for one because of the job. You don't need to be sane to get a job but you have to be crazy to keep it

Ok well i don't men to terrify you or anything cause I know you are like me, i.e. very anxious about unknown factors to a degree deemed unreasonable by outside observers

everyone's life is different of course and most people really don't have a problem with their jobs, and even enjoy them, oddly enough, and with any luck that will definitely happen to you after you graduate (if that's your goal), and you shouldn't let my bitterness taint your decisionmaking, because I am admittedly not in the greatest place right now

everyone has to go through shitty jobs i guess, it is a rite of passage for being a human adult person

21st you will be ok and what I recommend you spend this free time doing if you don't wanna sit around all day playing vidja games is START RESEARCHING YOUR FUTURE CAUSE 22ndCENTURY WILL THANK YOU FOR IT

Yeah, i should start looking at job listings and such...
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    tumblr_mmcus1dYDb1rm7iyxo1_1280.jpg

The goblins have been assembled!
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    There is no Beholder in the Neverwinter Foundry

This will NOT stand!

I will give them a little time. But I think they will be added as things go.
    falasig.png
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

What happened to your old lady? You didn't tell me about it and now I'm offended.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Sarksus wrote: »

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

Hakkekage chose a field that eats its young apparently. There are better and worse fields you can choose!

I am not in the field I chose cause them's the breaks, kid :(
    also, i know gwyneth paltrow has some weirdo crazy nutrition shit going on but

goddamn those abs right

She has a weird crazy "completely has no perspective on how normal people have to structure their daily lives without obscene amounts of disposable income and single digit daily responsibilities" shit

yeah she's totally a bit nutty but

those abs!

You can have them too! Just follow this recipe:

1 highly paid nutritionist
    1 world class trainer
    1 full-time nanny
    24/7 hours of scheduling flexibility
    1 industry dedicated to mythologizing your physical attributes
    $texas
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    I am constantly astonished that LPs for games are popular and a thing anyone goes out of their way to find and watch. If it's high concept (The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing) or short and done with professional comedians / creator commentary, then sure. But just like, watching some guy play through all of a new AAA title? What on earth is the point?
    Well, for a game you're curious about, or one that you like but not enough to buy, it's pretty handy. Of course, the trick is to find one that doesn't suck.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mazzyx wrote: »

This will NOT stand!

I know but it just seems to Iconic not to have there :(

Same with Gelatinous Cubes!
    bloodyroarxx on

AS A LET'S PLAYER...

I agree with you, most let's plays are crap, but if you want to check out a game without buying it or playing it, it can be interesting to follow.
    Mazzyx wrote: »

This will NOT stand!

I know but it just seems to Iconic not to have there :(

Same with Gelatinous Cubes!

Gelatinous cube I understand. Mostly due to how combat works.

They have mindflayers so I bet there will be Beholders as they go.
    falasig.png
    Mindflayers are okay, but Brainfondlers, now those guys are dangerous.

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

no that's not what I mean. Those job listings won't be around when you are actually graduating. I mean long term. I mean, what do you want to do?
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular

Some of us can no longer play video games due to reasons and / or insufficient hardware and must live vicariously through others, DK! :P
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i have found that jobs suck but suck slightly less than not having a job. it of course also depends on just how bad your life is when you don't have a job (your living situation, safety net etc)
    Well, for a game you're curious about, or one that you like but not enough to buy, it's pretty handy. Of course, the trick is to find one that doesn't suck.

I would just watch the Giant Bomb quicklook. Those tend to be the right balance. They're short, they show a bunch of the game, the people are funny, you don't want to castrate yourself just to replace your ears with testicles.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

like, I keep thinking you live in a country where all you need to do is get yourself certified as an emotionally deranged shut-in, and the state will rent them for you.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
    i have found that jobs suck but suck slightly less than not having a job. it of course also depends on just how bad your life is when you don't have a job (your living situation, safety net etc)

this is also true. It's really a YMMV situation. It just happened that MMiBS

(My Mileage is Bullshit)
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Here is what LPs are good for, I think:

1) Watching someone who's a good storyteller play one of the XCOM games with forum members for soldiers.
    2) Maybe something else but I'm not sure I haven't seen it
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i am unemployed right now and probably about as unhappy as i've been in my life excepting like, the week after a breakup or family death
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Well the day of shitty value margaritas and equally shitty wannabe Mexican food is over.
    hoorahhhh
  • VanguardVanguard for the Night is Dark and Full of Big Areolas Registered User regular
    Everything is gravy

Except the people arguing on my stoop

They should stop
    I'm giving away a free copy of The Burning Wheel rulebook for free RPG Day 2013! Click here for details.

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

no that's not what I mean. Those job listings won't be around when you are actually graduating. I mean long term. I mean, what do you want to do?

oh, I already know that... Ish...

My goal is to get a job as a videogame producer.

i just don't know precisely how to get experience to get that job...

Or if you don't have a console or time to play a video game or you suck at games or maybe just you somehow find yourself burning through an entire Skyrim LP on youtube just cause

>_>

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

1)Find some on twitter
    2)Ask for advice
    3)???
    4)Job Get!!
    Classic games or Speedruns are the only LP's worth watching

FACT

and now im off to work
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Curse you, Raven! *shakes fist*

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

1)Find some on twitter
    2)Ask for advice
    3)???
    4)Job Get!!

Good advice. Probably.
    I tend to watch Let's Plays of games I do not own and probably won't own. These tend to be things like Gears of War and Halo since I don't own an X-Box and don't really care to buy one just for a couple games.

I have also used them to catch up on a series where the first game is something I played a bit ago but don't remember.

And I watch stuff like Civ5 because everyone's style is different and I learn from it and it is fun to watch someone play a different style since I get caught in my own rut.

Rules of let's play:

1. Person can't suck or at least be worse than me. I can't stand watching people miss obvious "secret rooms" or just play horribly.

2. Voice must not grate.

3. No stupid music. Ugh, I want to hear the game and well done commentary not your favorite Limp Bizkit song.

Some of the better ones are actually well edited. The Uncharted Movie series is a great example of this. Beagle Rush's stuff is well done because he is entertaining. I watched Day[9] play through HotS and a few other games because he gets excited and it is adorable.
    falasig.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I have finally found a logical reason for opponents of same-sex relationships to rally behind:

Talking about a couple with the same gender-pronouns gets confusing!
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

That ended up being closer than I would have liked. You should have seen my letters though, I had three 'i's and two 'u's for the second half of the game.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

WHAT A PROBLEM TO HAVE

GOD

THE HUMANITY

[/seething]

Well you know what NOT to do--do not get a job with irrelevant experience to offer, unless it is like ridiculous money and you have plans to bail on it soon (and are prepared to)

square one baby
    1.) Wear skimpy clothes to job interview
    2.) "???"
    3.) Become employed
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    I have finally found a logical reason for opponents of same-sex relationships to rally behind:

No it doesn't!

Also my mom calls that pronoun gymnastics.

It's kinda funny watching her get tripped up talking about me.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

That ended up being closer than I would have liked. You should have seen my letters though, I had three 'i's and two 'u's for the second half of the game.

I was just pleased when I was able to use both the Q and Z - I hate having both.

... Best 4 out of 7? :o

And failing that, best 5 out of 9? >_>
    edited May 2013
    1.) Wear skimpy clothes to job interview
    2.) "???"
    3.) Become employed

Chu i'm offering you an ownership stake in my new venture, Wasted Pasties Strip Club & Bakery
    Hakkekage on
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I watch/read LPs as a hobby, possibly my nerdiest hobby

I like the way some people present the games and I never really get the urge to play video games but I like the medium, so LPs are perfect for me

I generally follow completionist and nuanced LPers and also LPers with accents because listening to the way people speak English soothes the linguist in me
    Eddy on
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »

No it doesn't!

Also my mom calls that pronoun gymnastics.

It's kinda funny watching her get tripped up talking about me.

It so does!

She this, she that. Which she are we talking about? Who knows.

This never happened in traditional relationships.

And it was even simpler in traditional traditional relationships where you didn't even have to acknowledge the wife.
This discussion has been closed.