Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Why not sew a Bluejays logo onto that first hat?

Or would that look stupid?
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    So I own a lot of these

m7LstIq4rzwzmR9ELKXBn9A.jpg

Which are my regular headwear in the kitchen

But the standard in this kitchen appears to be this

41VguxD960L._AA160_.jpg

Which is fine, and I've been thinking of making the transition myself

But I've taken to standing in the service window and working, where diners can see me

And they get major boners from seeing a cook look 'chefly', which the top hat definitely does

Don't be scrub tier. chef-hat.jpg or I walk out of your restaurant.
    See? Proof! Don't be an ally of the elitist entrenched white male patriarchy!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I picture @hamurabi digging up half-rotten Cat to re-bury it deeper.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Why not sew a Bluejays logo onto that first hat?

Or would that look stupid?

Oh it's not particularly about the logo, but the style.

Though mine go completely non-defaced, because I am a professional. :D

This is one way to make the hemline index concrete:
    Kanon Mori, Yuki Sakura, Hinako Kuroki and Jun Amaki have been following the Nikkei 225 stock average obsessively since Prime Minister Shinzo Abe took office in December. The oldest of the foursome is Mori, but she is still only 23. The youngest is Kuroki, 16 and still in high school.

None of them are studying for a degree in economics, let alone playing the stock market. Instead, the four are members of a new idol group, Machikado Keiki Japan, and stocks play an important part in their performances.

“We base our costumes on the price of the Nikkei average of the day. For example, when the index falls below 10,000 points, we go on stage with really long skirts,” Mori explained.

The higher stocks rise, the shorter their dresses get. With the Nikkei index ending above 13,000, the four went without skirts altogether on the day of their interview with The Japan Times, instead wearing only lacy shorts.

While some have raised eyebrows over the group’s daring concept, Mori explained that they are merely letting the economy take charge of how they dress — mimicking economic trends of the past.

…Machikado Keiki Japan (roughly translated as Economic Conditions on the Streets of Japan) released their debut single, “Abeno Mix,” on April 7. It pays homage to Abe’s ultraloose economic policies that have been dubbed “Abenomics” by the media.

“Fix the yen’s appreciation. Quantitative easing. Don’t forget public investment,” a line in the dance-pop tune goes. “Monetary easing. Construction bonds. Let’s just revise the Bank of Japan Law.”

The group’s fans — who not surprisingly are 95 percent male, from high school to their 50s — have special chants that they perform during the song’s interlude.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Free market invisible hand school girls and tentacles.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    This is one way to make the hemline index concrete:
    Kanon Mori, Yuki Sakura, Hinako Kuroki and Jun Amaki have been following the Nikkei 225 stock average obsessively since Prime Minister Shinzo Abe took office in December. The oldest of the foursome is Mori, but she is still only 23. The youngest is Kuroki, 16 and still in high school.

None of them are studying for a degree in economics, let alone playing the stock market. Instead, the four are members of a new idol group, Machikado Keiki Japan, and stocks play an important part in their performances.

“We base our costumes on the price of the Nikkei average of the day. For example, when the index falls below 10,000 points, we go on stage with really long skirts,” Mori explained.

The higher stocks rise, the shorter their dresses get. With the Nikkei index ending above 13,000, the four went without skirts altogether on the day of their interview with The Japan Times, instead wearing only lacy shorts.

While some have raised eyebrows over the group’s daring concept, Mori explained that they are merely letting the economy take charge of how they dress — mimicking economic trends of the past.

…Machikado Keiki Japan (roughly translated as Economic Conditions on the Streets of Japan) released their debut single, “Abeno Mix,” on April 7. It pays homage to Abe’s ultraloose economic policies that have been dubbed “Abenomics” by the media.

“Fix the yen’s appreciation. Quantitative easing. Don’t forget public investment,” a line in the dance-pop tune goes. “Monetary easing. Construction bonds. Let’s just revise the Bank of Japan Law.”

The group’s fans — who not surprisingly are 95 percent male, from high school to their 50s — have special chants that they perform during the song’s interlude.

Your move, @21stcentury

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
    @ronya - there is a lot of lore (which is impossible to substantiate or disprove, as far as I am aware) that the mafia is one of the causes of the underfunded state of multiemployer pension funds, and that there are still funds carrying non-existent investment properties on their books. Is there a similar conception of this type of behavior in Europe, Pre-statutory plans?

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    sitting here trying to do work and instead my brain decides this is a good time to give me a flashback to some pretty shitty memories

so not being very productive and now im getting tired. thanks for nothing brain.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    @ronya - there is a lot of lore (which is impossible to substantiate or disprove, as far as I am aware) that the mafia is one of the causes of the underfunded state of multiemployer pension funds, and that there are still funds carrying non-existent investment properties on their books. Is there a similar conception of this type of behavior in Europe, Pre-statutory plans?

If that's true then the police/FBI need to get on that.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    sitting here trying to do work and instead my brain decides this is a good time to give me a flashback to some pretty shitty memories

so not being very productive and now im getting tired. thanks for nothing brain.

Scumbag brain.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Brains are dicks : (
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    oh my god, there are so many girls from BSG in The L Word.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Ravenhpltc24

I'm going to bed! And not because you've once again pummeled me into submission. That last move barely makes sense!

To the rest of you, good night as well! And as of 6 minutes ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

Mim...let me give you some advice. Don't watch the L Word unless you really love Pam Grier. At which point you still don't have a good reason to watch the L Word.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    @Ravenhpltc24

I'm going to bed! And not because you've once again pummeled me into submission. That last move barely makes sense!

To the rest of you, good night as well! And as of 6 minutes ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW I'M NOT CHEATING! I just try a whole bunch of things until one works. Not how you'd play on a physical Scrabble board, but totally legal!
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    ahh, raven is a plugger?

hopefully you are consistently breaking 400 pts then or i am gonna be disappoint
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

I'd do it, too.

Because if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

But yeah, burying neighborhood cats in our backyard now puts a slightly morbid tinge on those times I call my sister a Crazy Cat Lady.
    network_sig2.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    @mim, how are you liking The L Word so far?

I don't even remember the BSG ladies.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Wow, the Game of Thrones show is really being more explicit about some of the mysterious elements of the plot than the books were

And they're bending the story to do it
    Hamurabi wrote: »

I'd do it, too.

But yeah, burying neighborhood cats in our backyard now puts a slightly morbid tinge on those times I call my sister a Crazy Cat Lady.

They deserve a decent burial. Poor cats :(

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I bought new dishwasher soap that had the words BLEACH in giant block letters on the front of the bottle.

"Guaranteed to chemically burn the shit out of any food residue!" chirped the cheerful marketing. "Caustic. Avoid contact with skin and eyes" mumbled the fine print.

It's the greatest. Now I can be double lazy washing dishes and flush out any doughboys entrenched in my kitchen.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    As someone who has suffered in Scrabble I find Raven to be deplorable and I repudiate her.
    The most immediate and obvious agency risk is the potential for fraud, misfeasance,
    malfeasance, or outright theft of assets. High visibility incidents such as the Maxwell case in the
    U.K., the diversion of union pension funds in the U.S. by organized crime syndicates in the 60's and
    early 70's, and more recently the disappearance of self designated “pension funds” in the former
    Soviet Union have repeatedly brought this problem into sharp focus....

So apparently it is more than rumours. I suspect that European money laundering attempts have better options that trying to bribe pension fund managers, though.
    Wow, the Game of Thrones show is really being more explicit about some of the mysterious elements of the plot than the books were

Yeah, they are. Everyone's motivations are getting spelled out explicitly. It's alright, the books got p confusing and if shot as written would have probably lost a lot of the audience.
    dkmouthsig.png
    Sarksus wrote: »
    As someone who has suffered in Scrabble I find Raven to be deplorable and I repudiate her.

AS IF YOU NEED A REASON.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    So annoyed my mom left the crazy dog with me.

Yes leave the dog with separation anxiety and a whole other host of issues when you leave for a week. That is a brilliant idea.

Because this dog doesn't freak out when you are late coming home, never, ever.

Ugh.
    falasig.png

Yeah, they are. Everyone's motivations are getting spelled out explicitly. It's alright, the books got p confusing and if shot as written would have probably lost a lot of the audience.

I certainly ain't got time for too much subtext. I haven't read the books but I think the series is very well put together.
    Sarksus wrote: »

AS IF YOU NEED A REASON.

NOW I HAVE DOUBLE REASON

"Do you know who I am, where we are, and why I'm torturing you?"

"No, please remind me."

This is literally an exchange from tonight's episode.
    network_sig2.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So annoyed my mom left the crazy dog with me.

Yes leave the dog with separation anxiety and a whole other host of issues when you leave for a week. That is a brilliant idea.

Because this dog doesn't freak out when you are late coming home, never, ever.

Ugh.

You're looking at it all wrong. This is your chance to become the dog's new favorite person.

Who was there when she abandoned you? Who brought you for walks and fed you an entire pizza? That's right, forget her face.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Yeah I think the series is doing it deftly and GRRM is right there advising, so they shouldn't fuck up any future plot threads
    I've noted a corresponding tendency for US pension funds to be more subject to self-serving moral panics - think grandiose "we should signify our support for cause X by diverting funds to it" internal moves, rather than arms-length professional fund management. So it would intuitively make sense if organized crime found this gullibility useful.
    @mim, how are you liking The L Word so far?

I don't even remember the BSG ladies.

It's kind of dull and I am sad about Jenny/Tim/Marina. I don't think anyone is going to care about the spoiler (and if you do then let me know so I can edit post haste) but I wish they had kept Jenny as bisexual throughout the series.

I'd do it, too.

They deserve a decent burial. Poor cats :(

I dunno. I feel like people devote too much time and attention to animals -- but then, I never really understood Pets as A Thing. They're not a common feature of places that aren't the first world.
    network_sig2.png
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »

Mim...let me give you some advice. Don't watch the L Word unless you really love Pam Grier. At which point you still don't have a good reason to watch the L Word.

I like the drama!

Also, boobs.
    do you think GRRM will release the last book(s) before the TV series gets to that part of the plot
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Edited because there might be show only people reading chat
    knitdan on
    I want to play/make a game where you play a kingmaker, with the kings you install are other players and have their own objectives.

"Do you know who I am, where we are, and why I'm torturing you?"

"No, please remind me."

This is literally an exchange from tonight's episode.

To be fair:
    That entire conversation was lies to add a psychological element to the torture. That little sociopath is Roose Bolton's illegitimate son. I honestly cannot remember if the show ever introduced him properly but it's not a secret.
    dkmouthsig.png
This discussion has been closed.