Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    You know what I've been thinking about...

Why can't "fire mages" -- in the most generic fantasy sense of that concept -- ever just not be "hotheaded" and impulsive? I feel like it's such a dumb, overdone trope.

Fire mages are dicks because fire is a dick.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    @mim, watch All Over Me and The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love.

They are not only the best lesbian romance movies that I've seen, they are also the only lesbian romance movies I've ever seen.

Show Me Love was pretty good.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular

Why can't "fire mages" -- in the most generic fantasy sense of that concept -- ever just not be "hotheaded" and impulsive? I feel like it's such a dumb, overdone trope.

So's every other element a mage would bother with!
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

What about a made who controls the element of Heart?

Hearts are dicks.

All... breaking and shit.

And also suffering massive infarcts.

He would be hotheaded because love is a battlefield.
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    @mim, watch All Over Me and The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love.

They are not only the best lesbian romance movies that I've seen, they are also the only lesbian romance movies I've ever seen.

Show Me Love was pretty good.

I also saw something called Saving Face that was pretty likable, with Asian lesbians in New York.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    wanderlust has a lot of laughs

best thing is during the outtakes but there's some damn funny stuff in the movie
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    todays oglaf was fantastic!
    edited May 2013
    Variable wrote: »

best thing is during the outtakes but there's some damn funny stuff in the movie

Malin Akerman is really pretty for someone I have no interest in whatsoever.
    Robos A Go Go on
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    @Donkey Kong

I sent InMethod support (the AirVideo developer) an email describing my situation and router/server setup. They said I need to figure out how to forward the specific port I chose on my modem. Need to get on the horn with Comcast about that tomorrow. If I can, then my issues with not being able to access my (video) media remotely will be completely solved, and I have you to thank for turning me onto AirVideo!

Though I really wish it worked with MP3s, or that there was some other app/program that did the same thing for them.

Aha, you have a modem that acts as a router plus an additional router. Double NAT. Networking is the worst. There are a few things you can do. You need to either get your modem in bridge mode, turn off DHCP on your router and let your router act as a simple wireless bridge, or configure your modem to put your router's IP in its DMZ.

No idea which is the easiest for you, it all depends on specific equipment. If the above sounded like CSI technobabble, just hire someone. It'll take 10 minutes and everything will work better. Getting Comcast to fix it is a non-starter. They will just run through phone scripts over and over and try to get you to rent more equipment from them.

I tried my router in bridge mode, and it didn't work. I also panicked when I couldn't access 192.168.1.1 because it was in bridge mode.

I can access my modem's web interface, but to get to the "Advanced" page I have to input a "password of the day." I don't know if that's something Comcast would be willing to give me over the phone -- and if even a Comcast tech would do for me. They don't normally come out for issues not specifically related to problems with your service, do they?
    ronya wrote: »

well they could kickstart an entire industrial revolution that turns into expansionist conquest

Nope. The first rule of high fantasy settings is that time is frozen in a quaint, benevolent feudal monarchic stage and never advances.
    network_sig2.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I want to play/make a game where you play a kingmaker, with the kings you install are other players and have their own objectives.

There was a D&D campaign setting based on this sort of concept, which spawned it's own forgettable video game adaptation.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Malin Akerman is really pretty for someone I have no interest in whatsoever.
    she's beautiful yeah
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular

I might one day watch "All Over Me" but "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love" is a no-go for me due to certain memories.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I want to play/make a game where you play a kingmaker, with the kings you install are other players and have their own objectives.

There was a D&D campaign setting based on this sort of concept, which spawned it's own forgettable video game adaptation.

hey now, that video game is actually pretty darn good.

And it's really a different concept. Birthright is about the players being in charge of "domains". These could be political (counties, nations etc...) but could also be a temple, wizards guild, gang of thieves etc...
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    I like my neverwinter character so far. Blue weapon drop yay!
    totally brainstorming ideas to make a campaign in Neverwinter,

I should totally make it [chat] themed
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    So I forced my parents to drink good handmade margaritas instead of shitty premixed stuff

My mom got plastered and my dad had to go take a nap

All the food came out great

I am a good son, sometimes
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come

there is a pretty good 4th ed Neverwinter book.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

The Siege of Cocksdickslol Castle
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    @Donkey Kong

I sent InMethod support (the AirVideo developer) an email describing my situation and router/server setup. They said I need to figure out how to forward the specific port I chose on my modem. Need to get on the horn with Comcast about that tomorrow. If I can, then my issues with not being able to access my (video) media remotely will be completely solved, and I have you to thank for turning me onto AirVideo!

Though I really wish it worked with MP3s, or that there was some other app/program that did the same thing for them.

Aha, you have a modem that acts as a router plus an additional router. Double NAT. Networking is the worst. There are a few things you can do. You need to either get your modem in bridge mode, turn off DHCP on your router and let your router act as a simple wireless bridge, or configure your modem to put your router's IP in its DMZ.

No idea which is the easiest for you, it all depends on specific equipment. If the above sounded like CSI technobabble, just hire someone. It'll take 10 minutes and everything will work better. Getting Comcast to fix it is a non-starter. They will just run through phone scripts over and over and try to get you to rent more equipment from them.

I tried my router in bridge mode, and it didn't work. I also panicked when I couldn't access 192.168.1.1 because it was in bridge mode.

I can access my modem's web interface, but to get to the "Advanced" page I have to input a "password of the day." I don't know if that's something Comcast would be willing to give me over the phone -- and if even a Comcast tech would do for me. They don't normally come out for issues not specifically related to problems with your service, do they?

On your router, when you open its web interface, what does it say your WAN IP is? If it gives a LAN type IP (192.168.*.*, 10.*.**) then you can actually just do this.

Change your router's IP and subnet to match the modem's LAN-type IP. So if the WAN gateway according to your router is 192.168.0.1, change your router's IP to 192.168.0.2 (just the next number up from the modem), subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and then turn off the router's DHCP service. Next, take the cable that runs from the modem to the WAN (or "Internet") port on your router and move it to one of the regular ports that you'd just use for a computer.

This seems weird, but it'll work beautifully. Your modem will talk straight through the router and hand IPs directly to all your computers, even those connecting over wireless. The router will just act like a dumb hub. Then you can configure the port forwarding directly on the modem, which hopefully does not require a password of the day. Which is the most insane bullshit to me. They're locking you out of your own device?
    dkmouthsig.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

The Siege of Cocksdickslol Castle

You're on a quest to free S-Czech?
    network_sig2.png
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular

I want to run through that dungeon again

this time finding ALL SECRETS
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

hey now, that video game is actually pretty darn good.

And it's really a different concept. Birthright is about the players being in charge of "domains". These could be political (counties, nations etc...) but could also be a temple, wizards guild, gang of thieves etc...

The thing is that it was centered around the action being more political in nature, rather than "stick pointy object into random orc".
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
    Mim wrote: »

I might one day watch "All Over Me" but "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love" is a no-go for me due to certain memories.

Ugh, memories. Fuck memories.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Dating would be more fun if I didn't have to wake up at 6am :p

My night: dinner, margaritas, kissing socially awkward girl, wishing she was as slutty as I am (or maybe she is but she has to a of studying this week?)

How is Sunday Night [chat]ball?
    I really should group up in Neverwinter now that Im able to do the first dungeon

Not knowing anything about either your memories or that film I am warily curious

Is it something bad?
    Elldren wrote: »

Yes. I am ready to run it whenever needed this week. I got an awesome drop so let's get everyone geared.
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I want to play Neverwinter with you jerks

But I need to get some sleep. And then tomorrow night Steven Wilson in concert (in case it's not blindingly obvious I am what you would call a huge fan). And then Tuesday night work stuff. So it'll be like Wednesday at the earliest.
    AresProphet on
    Sabin is a dick.

"Current's fast."

"No kidding."

"But if we don't jump, we won't see our friends again!"

....he says to Gau who was thrown out as a baby and has no one, and Cyan whose family and all his friends literally died in front of him yesterday and he just saw them board the phantom train to the other side.

Yes. I am ready to run it whenever needed this week. I got an awesome drop so let's get everyone geared.

is this the first dungeon the level 16? one?

Not knowing anything about either your memories or that film I am warily curious

Is it something bad?

Girl problems, man.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Fuck yes. Love my hangovers when I've been drinking good beer. Wake up feeling like death and one glass of water later I'm fine.
    i am going to go pee and then hit the sack

night [chat]!
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I have Neverwinter installed. I just can't play it for the next three days.

And by then I'm betting most of you will have moved on.
    edited May 2013
    Got my new wizard up past where my gw fighter was in neverwinter.

Such a difference. On the fighter by level 9 I was out of potions and spending all my money buying more. On the wizard i have like 30 of the things on hand just from drops.
    RiemannLives on

Is it something bad?

Girl problems, man.

hugs
    Sabin is a dick.

"Current's fast."

"No kidding."

"But if we don't jump, we won't see our friends again!"

....he says to Gau who was thrown out as a baby and has no one, and Cyan whose family and all his friends literally died in front of him yesterday and he just saw them board the phantom train to the other side.

Woolsey did that translation in record time. 30 days, I think he said.

Its rough patches are part of the charm. The GBA translation (which became the "official" one for everything after) feels so sterile and literal by comparison.
    edited May 2013
    Im totally down for Dungeon running tommorow night and late Tuesday night

Ill bring the healz
    bloodyroarxx on
This discussion has been closed.