Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I played Steam Birds for several hours today. I have a terminal case of the casuals.
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Curse you, Raven! *shakes fist*

That ended up being closer than I would have liked. You should have seen my letters though, I had three 'i's and two 'u's for the second half of the game.

I was just pleased when I was able to use both the Q and Z - I hate having both.

... Best 4 out of 7? :o

And failing that, best 5 out of 9? >_>

Go for double or nothing!

If When you lose, assume losing has a negative value and break out the math.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I like the Endless Ocean LP on SA since all the guys doing it are divers, so they discuss their experiences diving, and talk about random sea life.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Oh, sorry Hakkekage. I didn't know the specifics of your job.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have finally found a logical reason for opponents of same-sex relationships to rally behind:

Talking about a couple with the same gender-pronouns gets confusing!

No it doesn't!

Also my mom calls that pronoun gymnastics.

It's kinda funny watching her get tripped up talking about me.

It so does!

She this, she that. Which she are we talking about? Who knows.

This never happened in traditional relationships.

And it was even simpler in traditional traditional relationships where you didn't even have to acknowledge the wife.

I said never to call me on my home phone! The house might be listening. You know, the house. When it gets upset it burns the toast and sighs discontentedly about the squandering of its potential trapped inside the immaculate gilded cage of its own walls and starts giving really unsatisfying handjobs.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    that's a swell offer, hakkes
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have finally found a logical reason for opponents of same-sex relationships to rally behind:

Talking about a couple with the same gender-pronouns gets confusing!

No it doesn't!

Also my mom calls that pronoun gymnastics.

It's kinda funny watching her get tripped up talking about me.

It so does!

She this, she that. Which she are we talking about? Who knows.

This never happened in traditional relationships.

And it was even simpler in traditional traditional relationships where you didn't even have to acknowledge the wife.

But, like, I've had a lot of conversations about members of gay relationships, and I don't know if this has ever actually been a thing.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Neighborhood cat died just past our driveway.

My sister's first reaction is, "We have to bury it."

"Fine."

"You have to do it."

"What? Why?"

"Because I can't. Don't be weird, just do it."

So it turns out I don't actually know how to Dig A Hole. Like, I presumed that I should jam the shovel as hard as possible into the packed dirt to break it up, then tilt the shovel like a wedge to get it loose. My sister and dad are watching the whole time. When I think it's big enough, I take the cat out of the bag I'd put it in... and the hole's too small. Take the cat out, set it aside, make the hole longer and deeper. My sister's other hojillion cats keep walking up in the meantime. Finally get the hole big enough, dump the cat in there, then cover it up and pat down the dirt.

There's gotta be a better way to do that. My initial thought was to leave it in the trash bag and put it in the dumpster... but I don't think cat goes in dumpster. My sister would have protested, in any case. Could alternatively have left it somewhere far away from the house (with or without bag) so as not to stink up the place, but the HOA would probably have complained.

Damn animals.
    Hamurabi on
    network_sig2.png
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Oh, sorry Hakkekage. I didn't know the specifics of your job.

NEITHER DO I ahahahahh hohohoho heeheheeeeheheheeeheheh ahhhhhhhhhh god kill me now
    Organichu wrote: »

You're welcome doll, now let's see those nips in action, and don't forget the confectioner's sugar
    So I'm at my dad's and his kitchen is not really suitable for real cooking. I bought a DiGornio "pizzeria" pizza. It's new.

I hope it doesn't crush my spirit. Or my dad's ancient oven doesn't crush my body, with burning fire, figuratively speaking.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I will stay up until just past midnight, I will giggle happily to myself, and then I will sleep. That is tonight's plan.

Also Raven we now have 2 scrabble games going at the same time and I blame you for it!

Twice the opportunity for Narwhalian victory! Or terrible defeat!
    Hamurabi wrote: »

"Fine."

"You have to do it."

"What? Why?"

So it turns out I don't actually know how to Dig A Hole. Like, I presumed that I should jam the shovel as hard as possible into the packed dirt to break it up, then tilt the shovel like a wedge to get it loose. My sister and dad are watching the whole time. When I think it's big enough, I take the cat out of the bag I'd put it in... and the hole's too small. Take the cat out, set it aside, make the hole longer and deeper. My sister's other hojillion cats keep walking up in the meantime. Finally get the hole big enough, dump the cat in there, then cover it up and pat down the dirt.

There's gotta be a better way to do that. My initial thought was to leave it in the trash bag and put it in the dumpster... but I don't think cat goes in dumpster. My sister would have protested, in any case. Could alternatively have left it somewhere far away from the house (with or without bag) so as not to stink up the place, but the HOA would probably have complained.

Damn animals.

D:

• MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

"Fine."

"You have to do it."

"What? Why?"

Damn animals.

Viking. Cat. Funeral.
    Thank god for my iPhone. I even watched Justice League Unlimited last night here on Netflix.
    So I'm at my dad's and his kitchen is not really suitable for real cooking. I bought a DiGornio "pizzeria" pizza. It's new.

I hope it doesn't crush my spirit. Or my dad's ancient oven doesn't crush my body, with burning fire, figuratively speaking.

Sarksus-kun. When did you give up.
    dkmouthsig.png
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

You're welcome doll, now let's see those nips in action, and don't forget the confectioner's sugar

i'm gonna need you to take a few steps back and orient yourself at about a 3/4 profile to me

these things uh... they don't take prisoners
    When we buried our dog we put it in an airtight container and buried it a couple of feet I think.

Hopefully no animal digs that cat up.

"Fine."

"You have to do it."

"What? Why?"

Damn animals.

Viking. Cat. Funeral.

We do live behind a canal...
    network_sig2.png
    21st bottom line is the only good jobs blow
    get it

cause it's blowjobs

those are the only good jobs

do you understand

do you get it
    See what having a job has done to my humor

Shit closes on Sunday, otherwise I would get fast food.
    When we buried our dog we put it in an airtight container and buried it a couple of feet I think.

I don't think they will. I mean, there's not much more than 6-7 inches of dirt between it and daylight, but the only beasts around here are other cats.

Also why'd you guys do a container? I thought the whole point was to let the worms get at the corpse ...?
    network_sig2.png

What the eff, do you really have the Sunday is the Day of the Lord and All Useful Establishments Will Cease Commercial Activity in Observance of His Divine Weekly Birthday
    We mummify our pets
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Before I left for work today, I said goodbye to my nephew

I leaned down, and he gave me a big smile

Then as I was giving him a kiss on the forehead, he balled one of his hands into a tiny fist and punched me in the jaw

He knew what he was doing

I don't think they will. I mean, there's not much more than 6-7 inches of dirt between it and daylight, but the only beasts around here are other cats.

Also why'd you guys do a container? I thought the whole point was to let the worms get at the corpse ...?

a) smells

b) 6-7 inches is nothing

c) you will be seeing a lot more than cats being drawn to a)

What the eff, do you really have the Sunday is the Day of the Lord and All Useful Establishments Will Cease Commercial Activity in Observance of His Divine Weekly Birthday

Like at 9 everything except gas stations and supermarkets close. I think McDonald's is open but I didn't want to drive that far. My dad lives in a fast food wasteland.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    I will stay up until just past midnight, I will giggle happily to myself, and then I will sleep. That is tonight's plan.

Also Raven we now have 2 scrabble games going at the same time and I blame you for it!

The one you started is an illegitimate bastard Scrabble game. Kill it.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

a) smells

b) 6-7 inches is nothing

c) you will be seeing a lot more than cats being drawn to a)

200px-StephenKingPetSematary.jpg

?
    network_sig2.png
    NCIS taught me the minimum burial depth to deter animals
    edited May 2013

Like at 9 everything except gas stations and supermarkets close. I think McDonald's is open but I didn't want to drive that far. My dad lives in a fast food wasteland.

Um

produce...and...actual food...available here...y u digornio

y sarks

y
    Hakkekage on
    Before I left for work today, I said goodbye to my nephew

I leaned down, and he gave me a big smile

Then as I was giving him a kiss on the forehead, he balled one of his hands into a tiny fist and punched me in the jaw

He knew what he was doing

Bury him.
    network_sig2.png

The one you started is an illegitimate bastard Scrabble game. Kill it.

Oh very well.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    i'm off to bed.

tomorrow, i will get up early, i will do a workout routine and I will work on my card game.

OR ELSE.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    i'm off to bed.

tomorrow, i will get up early, i will do a workout routine and I will work on my card game.

OR ELSE.

Do ittttttt

Good night 21st! :)
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I played Steam Birds for several hours today. I have a terminal case of the casuals.

i tooled around with spiral knights last night

it's pretty low slung and also you level up

it's probably one of those things that eventually ratchets up into a full-time job tho
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    Holy shit I made so much food tonight

Bacon cheddar biscuits

Grilled cheese sandwiches on whole grain bread with ham and tomato

Bacon and mushroom pasta

Chocolate cupcakes

Cranberry orange muffins

I'm especially happy with the baked goods
    CDIOl.png
    Is fast food less shameful than frozen pizza?

Um

produce...and...actual food...available here...y u digornio

y sarks

y

As I said, it is against the laws of physics to properly cook in my dad's kitchen.

Did you consider eating slow food?
    dkmouthsig.png
This discussion has been closed.