Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Haha I forgot I don't know how to fighting games.

I bought injustice for the story not to 2,2,1 a, b select start shit.

Oh well won't be getting any online cheevos for this game!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    So is Neverwinter combat like WoW at all?

Not really, kind of like a weird wow/diablo/third-person shooter hybrid. Like, your main abilities (at-will) are going to be on left and right click, then the rest of your occasional abilities (encounter and daily powers) are keyboard presses. You've got a targeting reticle that you use to select who you're going to use your powers on. I can't imagine that system doing particularly well with really large-scale or hectic encounters, but we'll see I guess.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    My mum brought me some of the cinnabon things from Burger King the other day. I had to throw it out.
    Shit was so disgusting
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    echo thanks that sounds super cool

It also takes a dump on the Holy Trinity. Sure, there's a tanky class and a healy class, but there's no dedicated tank/healer, and the tank certainly won't be keeping aggro on the whole room.

The healer deals damage and throws out incidental heals (like a debuff that heals anyone that hits the target etc). There are very few direct heals.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    is that like, a mix of pasta and rice/beans

it looks like an attempt at penne alla vodka
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, Strip Search is making me depressed. I'm 28, so with the most recent elimination and the whole "being 30 and unable to make friends thing" I'm like "oh god that's basically me!"

huh? deets.

just watch it!
    erika moen said that bit in one of the talking heads sequences.

I LOVE ERIKA MOEN <3

I will watch it, but I have a feeling it'll bum me out I'm not where I want to be at my age~
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I want some baked penne >:C
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    meng, i don't know about other grey areas of guns and gun rights and such but
    man
    it sure seems horribly irresponsible to give a four year old a .22 caliber rifle, regardless of your stance
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/05/03/crickett_keystone_sporting_arms_watch_an_ad_for_my_first_rifle_the_gun_a.html
    thats not even kindergarten
    kids in kindergarten can't even color in the lines half the time

i too was given a gun very young (and not much later it was my responsibility to clean and maintain it and such, so it was totally supervised) and i don't think it was a good idea
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

You just received a steak and asked for ketchup
    TTODewback wrote: »
    My mum brought me some of the cinnabon things from Burger King the other day. I had to throw it out.
    Shit was so disgusting

on the drive to houston this weekend we pulled through burger king for breakfast

a) the chicken biscuit there is horrible

b) I tried some latte thing and I couldn't drink it, it had a really strong chemical/plastic taste
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i ate a yo gurt
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    The combat seems alright in Nw but I wish it were more action-y like Tera's. it still feels a little MMO-clunky and I get events having questionable timing which seems to be universal in my Cryptic-MMO experience.

It feels kind of strange after so many fantasy games to play one which is actually set in D&D.

I think the Foundry tools for creating your own quests are going to be a big draw, but personally I find it tougher to think of any good stories for a fantasy world than a future-y one.
    but on sunday I had a p good pork hash for breakfast with a couple of poached eggs
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Movie maker is pretty good for compressing video
    Couscous wrote: »
    What do I need memory for?

Couscous no

Put the google glasses down!

• CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Create some sort of horror themed dungeon, only for it to turn out to be some giant machine controlled by a shiba inu.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    80% of my enjoyment with Skyrim has been as a hiking simulator.

Oblivion too, really. Although I did really like Shivering Isles.
    xlh6c3.png
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    What do I need memory for?

Why do you need to learn to parallel park? Everywhere you go has valet.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    Cass, the combat is kind of Tera light. I think Echo described it as semi-MOBA like which makes sense.

You have two basic attacks on your mouse, 3 encounter powers which are short cooldowns on qwr, a special on tab and a daily which is a long cooldown/action points based on 1.

It is real time and requires some dodging and attention. Each class plays different. My rogue is mostly balls to the walls damage while my wizard ccs half of the things and nukes the rest. Guardian fighters have an active block. Clerics heal and call down holy fire. Great weapon fighters I think charge and aoe.
    falasig.png
    hiking simulator is not a negative thing.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I would rather bathe my tongue in hotsauce than eat spice food!

wait....
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

I'm not saying I like WoW combat, it's just been standard for the last few years
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I hate spicy food so much. It makes me sweaty, and then I feel like I need to wash my face or something.

it is the best. you need to learn to live.

i've gotten really into spicy food- mostly from finding an authentic sichuan place i love. but my problem is it makes other foods less enjoyable by contrast. my ceiling keeps getting higher and other flavor profiles seem bland, sometimes.
    moba mechanics in an rpg sound like it would be fun
    Sarksus wrote: »

I'm not saying I like WoW combat, it's just been standard for the last few years

I'm watching you
    TehSloth wrote: »

Not really, kind of like a weird wow/diablo/third-person shooter hybrid. Like, your main abilities (at-will) are going to be on left and right click, then the rest of your occasional abilities (encounter and daily powers) are keyboard presses. You've got a targeting reticle that you use to select who you're going to use your powers on. I can't imagine that system doing particularly well with really large-scale or hectic encounters, but we'll see I guess.

It felt kind of hectic doing a dungeon last night. I don't know if it gets more technical and controlled and wow-raid later, but it was pretty chaotic.
    That combat seems interesting though. The less skill juggling the better.
    80% of my enjoyment with Skyrim has been as a hiking simulator.

Oblivion too, really. Although I did really like Shivering Isles.

There is nothing wrong with hiking simulators. The gameplay in Morrowind is p. bad, but it doesn't matter at all, because the world is gorgeous to walk around. It's also full of interesting things. Oblivion was too bland (both in design and in having interesting things in the world) but Skyrim nails both, IMO.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    Skyrim had well... not very good roleplaying in the traditional sense of going around and talking to people and shit.

(stats and numbers have nothing to do with roleplaying in my book)

but I was walking around, hunting things and making a living that way, slaughtering (and robbing) the occasional thalmor or imperial patrol.

Stopping at inns for the night. It was very immersive.

and good roleplaying in that way. My role was a simple one, but very enjoyable.
    xlh6c3.png
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Once I started paying attention to it, I realized that basically everything I eat in a given day is heavily salted. Not just the processes food either; a friend who came over to eat once (he loves South Asian food) said our stuff is pretty heavily salted overall, which upon some reflection I can't disagree with.

Need to start downing lots of potassium.
    network_sig2.png
    also there were more than a couple really fun quests.
    xlh6c3.png
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I hate spicy food so much. It makes me sweaty, and then I feel like I need to wash my face or something.

i've gotten really into spicy food- mostly from finding an authentic sichuan place i love. but my problem is it makes other foods less enjoyable by contrast. my ceiling keeps getting higher and other flavor profiles seem bland, sometimes.

chase that dragon, chu
    eokNV.jpg
    i ate a yo gurt

Should have eaten a go gurt. More efficient use of time.

edited May 2013
    Organichu wrote: »

Slowly becoming more desensitized

Eventually you can barely mister up the energy to chew unless you're watching an Eastern European woman forced to eat a ghost chili at the same time
    desc on
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    WoW is great. I'm willing to call it the best MMO.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Morrowind wasn't a good hiking simulator.

It's a cliff racer hunting simulator.
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

This isn't the life I asked for!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »

It felt kind of hectic doing a dungeon last night. I don't know if it gets more technical and controlled and wow-raid later, but it was pretty chaotic.

Reading the thread my understanding is epic dungeons are basically more mooks. Like you put a dps on the boss and the rest deal with the flood of mooks. The unending tide of mooks. So many mooks there are mooks on mooks.
    falasig.png
    Skyrim had well... not very good roleplaying in the traditional sense of going around and talking to people and shit.

(stats and numbers have nothing to do with roleplaying in my book)

but I was walking around, hunting things and making a living that way, slaughtering (and robbing) the occasional thalmor or imperial patrol.

Stopping at inns for the night. It was very immersive.

and good roleplaying in that way. My role was a simple one, but very enjoyable.

It's just fun to be a freebooter exploring the world. It actually reminds me very much of the excellent Divine Divinity (the original).

This discussion has been closed.