Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I love it when:

People think I'm an immigrant because of my complexion and super-massive Swedish dialect.

what kind of dialect do you have where your countrymen think you're foreign?

A girl from Göteborg (that's Gothenburg to you weirdo English-speakers) once asked me if I was German.

that's got-hen-burg right?

göteborg is roughly the place where the goths came from. It's Goth-en-burg.
    xlh6c3.png
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    S9Ra5ws.jpg

this is the queue to get into my college library earlier

I am glad I didn't spend an hour on the bus going in
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Man, Strip Search is making me depressed. I'm 28, so with the most recent elimination and the whole "being 30 and unable to make friends thing" I'm like "oh god that's basically me!"

huh? deets.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    I'm pouty today

The number 4 GIS hit for this may be a Kardashian. Establishing whether it is really a Kardashian feels like it would lend them undue credence.

Gross

I take it all back if google glasses can just filter the Kardashians from my awareness.
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tav wrote: »

are they lending out blowjobs in there or something?
    815165 on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Man, Strip Search is making me depressed. I'm 28, so with the most recent elimination and the whole "being 30 and unable to make friends thing" I'm like "oh god that's basically me!"

huh? deets.

IT'S ALL ON YOUTUBE GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I have a friend doing policy work in the federal government

He says it is profoundly frustrating because every single thing - even policy everyone agrees on - takes years to make it into the real world

He did some thing about making it illegal to sell stolen car parts because it used to be a big loophole, and it took years while everyone who saw it was like "oh yeah that's perfect, exactly what we need."

Probably even worse with international stuff

I did pols and law with a view to going into policy, along with some interning and then I realised the frustration wasn't for me. Most of my friends stuck to the plan though and seem to find it worthwhile, despite things like delay
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Billboards suck
    The Internet is full of dumb ads
    Buying goggles to further cocoon oneself from reality is the least progressive thing I can possibly imagine
    Why is our culture reverting to a larva

Japan is like 20 years ahead of the rest of the world in this regard.
    network_sig2.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I hate spicy food so much. It makes me sweaty, and then I feel like I need to wash my face or something.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Sorry. Work stuff. Yes. I have no problem saying that Neverwinter's combat is better than GW2. It's snappier. Now, is Neverwinter overall a better game? Too early to tell. I can tell you the VA and storylines are better in GW2 thus far.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    815165 wrote: »

exams start tomorrow
    I have a friend doing policy work in the federal government

He says it is profoundly frustrating because every single thing - even policy everyone agrees on - takes years to make it into the real world

He did some thing about making it illegal to sell stolen car parts because it used to be a big loophole, and it took years while everyone who saw it was like "oh yeah that's perfect, exactly what we need."

Probably even worse with international stuff

That's what I hear.

You go in fresh out of grad school/dissertation defense/post-doc, with all the idealism in the world... and then the machinery of governance slowly whittles away at your optimism and soul.

Still wanna do it, though! More idealism for the idealism god.
    network_sig2.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Registered User regular
    mim

had any awkward lesbian conversations yet?
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Wrath Registered User regular
    One hour until Dennis Dyack steals all my money.
    sigvf.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Sorry. Work stuff. Yes. I have no problem saying that Neverwinter's combat is better than GW2. It's snappier. Now, is Neverwinter overall a better game? Too early to tell. I can tell you the VA and storylines are better in GW2 thus far.

HOW DARE YOU

*downloads*

Actually I caught son gameplay and it did seem "snappier". The particle effects were also un-retarded.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

One thing I REALLY like in Neverwinter is that I can just hit accept on the quest screen and then the voice reading the quest text stuff just stays down in the little corner so I can go on my merry way and still hear what is going on.
    Is this Neverwinter Online you nerds are talking about?

My WoW sub ran out yesterday, and I'm wondering whether or not I should reup.
    network_sig2.png
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod

I'm liking it a lot.

The biggest downside of Cryptic games is having Perfect World as a publisher.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    The rogue's daily ability will make you feel like a God.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    So is Neverwinter combat like WoW at all?
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    The rogue's daily ability will make you feel like a God.

create: usable once per day, must rest one day in seven
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    haha do you guys remember how my family went to that party bringing foods i paid for and then didn't leave me anything to eat over the weekend because 'we need it all for the party'

Photo%20May%2006%2C%2010%2041%2000%20AM.jpg

this is what they brought home, photo taken after two giant plates already eaten
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    goddamn cinnibon is disgusting

why did i think this was a good idea?

i actually feel nauseated
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

huh? deets.

just watch it!
    erika moen said that bit in one of the talking heads sequences.
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013
    So is Neverwinter combat like WoW at all?

I just described it as MOBA-like.

You have two at-will abilities on the mousebuttons (auto-attacks), you have four encounter abilities (stuff with up to 30 second cooldowns) and then two daily powers that are like ultimates you can use when you've charged a bar by dealing damage, which then drains the bar.

edit: that's what you can have slotted at once, there are more powers to pick and choose from.
    Echo on
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    mim

had any awkward lesbian conversations yet?

Nah. I told my parents I was going to watch it and they said "Okay"

I mean there was more to it, but it's too early for me to remember the details.

huh? deets.

IT'S ALL ON YOUTUBE GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.

Just give me a quick rundown! I am watching "The L Word".
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular

exams start tomorrow

EXAMS START TODAY
    dwmbm3O.gif
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    is that like, a mix of pasta and rice/beans
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    meng, i don't know about other grey areas of guns and gun rights and such but
    man
    it sure seems horribly irresponsible to give a four year old a .22 caliber rifle, regardless of your stance
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/05/03/crickett_keystone_sporting_arms_watch_an_ad_for_my_first_rifle_the_gun_a.html
    thats not even kindergarten
    kids in kindergarten can't even color in the lines half the time
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
    Cinders wrote: »

exams start tomorrow

EXAMS START TODAY
    dwmbm3O.gif

it's a bank holiday in civilization
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    echo thanks that sounds super cool
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Billboards suck
    The Internet is full of dumb ads
    Buying goggles to further cocoon oneself from reality is the least progressive thing I can possibly imagine
    Why is our culture reverting to a larva

Japan is like 20 years ahead of the rest of the world in this regard.

People who are all "oh you'll be controlled by the oligarchy through Glass" already are.

I don't even experience YouTube or Facebook like other people. It is actively disconcerting to use the not-adblocked internet.

I look forward to a future when I can also adblock reality at the eye-brain interface level.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    Yes you are right, there being super mutants and bos on the east coast is dumb

it's not worst game of all time dumb

It depends on what you want out of the game. As a FO game, it is atrocious. As an atmospheric FPS, I also think its pretty terrible. As an RPG that involves dialog? That is where I think it may be one of the worst games ever. The dialog is atrocious, the choices rarely matter, high intelligence options are flagged as being an "I win" button despite being some of the most unintelligent dialog ever written.

Bethesda has made successful open ended exploration games before (Morrowwind, Skyrim). FO3 is not one of their successes, because they don't have the writing chops to handle a game that isn't a hiking simulator, and the world they based it in is way to ugly for an enjoyable hike.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    is that like, a mix of pasta and rice/beans

well they combined it

it's what's left of the pan of baked penne and what's left of the pan of rice and beans
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Done with exams, forever!(well, until I go get a masters) One stupid little project to do for a programing class. Maybe 4 hours of work, due in 3 days.

Yay being basically done with school for a while!
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    What do I need memory for?
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    The other side of policy, at least in NZ is that you will get to see and do a lot of hugely influential work. Some of the projects my friends have worked on or led will stay in place for decades and fundamentally impact on the lives of many people yet all the substantive work was done by half a dozen or so keen young analysts. That is pretty awesome and far more than what I can point to as achievements
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.