Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I enjoyed 3 more than NV.

NV has better mechanics but 3 had a more interesting setting
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    However, i will say this: Google monocle or I feed.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    my favourite post-apocalyptic setting is STALKER's

because it's not the fallout style EVERYWHERE IS A MAD MAX DESERT NOW AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY which is ludicrous on both counts

it's not really post-apocalyptic, since said apocalypse was kind of a very local one.

Dude, FO is a world that is rebuilding. Look at how much change there is from FO1 to FO2. Bethesda fucked up with their "200 years after the war everything is still terrible" world, but Bethesda fucks up everything.

I haven't played FO1 and FO2. I don't want to, because mother of god is that setting dull.

If you only played FO3, you can't judge the setting. Of anything else about FO. Because FO3 isn't fallout.

It's bad fanfiction of fallout.

Doesn't work. They aren't fans. Half the team never played the original games.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    help it's too hot in this office
    Also! I was a 20yr old badass with a smokin hot girlfriend and no kids in 1996.

I would go back there and hang out! Especially since the girlfriend is now my wife.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    TehSloth wrote: »

because it's not the fallout style EVERYWHERE IS A MAD MAX DESERT NOW AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY which is ludicrous on both counts

it's not really post-apocalyptic, since said apocalypse was kind of a very local one.

Dude, FO is a world that is rebuilding. Look at how much change there is from FO1 to FO2. Bethesda fucked up with their "200 years after the war everything is still terrible" world, but Bethesda fucks up everything.

I haven't played FO1 and FO2. I don't want to, because mother of god is that setting dull.

If you only played FO3, you can't judge the setting. Of anything else about FO. Because FO3 isn't fallout.

FO3 was a pretty bad entry. I almost wish I hadn't played it because my main complaint about NV is how much level architecture got re-used, but it was otherwise a fantastic game. I don't think I ever got more than a few hours into 2 but 1 was amazing. I should probably re-play both, I picked up the collection over the weekend, but I'm super busy this week.

1 is better than 2, but 2 is much bigger and has many more things to do. Both outstanding games. FO3 is one of he worst games ever made.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
  • DaemonSadiDaemonSadi Registered User regular
    Had a disturbing dream last night.

Some sort of bizarre mutation disease was going around making people crazy and murderous. Was holed up in a cafe with some people. And for some awful ass reason my brain decided some kittens would contract it and they started attacking.

So I chopped them up with a butchers knife.

It even felt awful within the dream.

What the fucking fuck brain?

Uggghhhh
    archer2.png

this was an intentional choice i guess, they figured the east coast would get fucked way harder than the west coast

frankly i'm fine with bethseda having their east games and obsidian doing west games because

1) The East can keep the Brotherhood of Steel and Super Mutants and all that, the West's factions are way more interesting and it seems like Obsidian deliberately lowered the numbers of Mutants and
    is having the Brotherhood die out slowly

so that there's no overlap, so the East can keep doing.... what ever they're doing

and 2) I want the story of the NCR to unfold without Bethseda getting their hands in it, so let them keep the East Coast
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

It's bad fanfiction of fallout.

Doesn't work. They aren't fans. Half the team never played the original games.

That explains quite a bit.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • TavTav Registered User regular

FO3 was a pretty bad entry. I almost wish I hadn't played it because my main complaint about NV is how much level architecture got re-used, but it was otherwise a fantastic game. I don't think I ever got more than a few hours into 2 but 1 was amazing. I should probably re-play both, I picked up the collection over the weekend, but I'm super busy this week.

1 is better than 2, but 2 is much bigger and has many more things to do. Both outstanding games. FO3 is one of he worst games ever made.

no
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Is it just me or is the dialogue in The Old Republic insanely bad and corny a lot of the time.

choo choo all above the hyperbole express
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    you are like one of those people complaining about the Star Trek reboot not true Star Trek
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I do not give a single fuck how goofy google glass is. Fuck it man, I know Armani will come out with Molly style auto-shades like in Neuromancer but I'm not waiting.

Wearing that shit as soon as I can get them. I hope they come with a Bluetooth earpiece because reality is bullshit and needs to be augmented.

Well, we know sartorial aesthetics and technology have no overlap for you because of the Bluetooth thing.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Couscous wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the dialogue in The Old Republic insanely bad and corny a lot of the time.

It's not just you.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    you are like one of those people complaining about the Star Trek reboot not true Star Trek

Vault full of Supermutants...
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

this was an intentional choice i guess, they figured the east coast would get fucked way harder than the west coast

frankly i'm fine with bethseda having their east games and obsidian doing west games because

1) The East can keep the Brotherhood of Steel and Super Mutants and all that, the West's factions are way more interesting and it seems like Obsidian deliberately lowered the numbers of Mutants and
    is having the Brotherhood die out slowly

so that there's no overlap, so the East can keep doing.... what ever they're doing

and 2) I want the story of the NCR to unfold without Bethseda getting their hands in it, so let them keep the East Coast

Brotherhood if steel is based on West coast. It makes no sense that try migrated across the country and became good guys in the process. Super mutants are not the product of radiation, they are made with FEV, which should not be in the east coast. Basically, every single thing about FO3 is wrong.

• HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    idea for an mmo

or maybe not mmo but persisten multiplayer

a generation ship travelling to some star system or other

all the players are on it

the ship is very very large

see what happens to it.

Shut up. This is my completely original, non-derivative idea that I came up with.

Except the emphasis is less on the sci-fi and more on the inner workings of an entire city contained within a space ship. Very Gangs of New York, in terms of the wheeling and dealing, marked class distinctions (as established by occupation aboard the ship), a rarified bridge that you never see (because within the context of the ship, the captain may as well be the POTUS) but whose own wheelings and dealings affect you directly or indirectly...

Oh man Nerdgasm™.
    network_sig2.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

Vault full of Supermutants...

twig for a minigun
    Yes you are right, there being super mutants and bos on the east coast is dumb

it's not worst game of all time dumb
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I am still on the starting planet and want to punch the writers. Everyone is some sort of cliche taken to 11.
    Chanus wrote: »
    I do not give a single fuck how goofy google glass is. Fuck it man, I know Armani will come out with Molly style auto-shades like in Neuromancer but I'm not waiting.

Wearing that shit as soon as I can get them. I hope they come with a Bluetooth earpiece because reality is bullshit and needs to be augmented.

Well, we know sartorial aesthetics and technology have no overlap for you because of the Bluetooth thing.

Sartorial aesthetics can jump in a mud puddle. Technological clothing always wins!

Fuck the analog police.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Also! I was a 20yr old badass with a smokin hot girlfriend and no kids in 1996.

I would go back there and hang out! Especially since the girlfriend is now my wife.

I was five in 1996

I want to go back there and hang out

talk about pokemon and cool minerals
    xlh6c3.png
    Now I will meet some recruiters and make them find me a job. Woooooooo
    So, I'm just going to bring in a spare monitor from home and have two monitors because fuck the police.

Do you need two video cards for two monitors, or can I use the onboard and my one card... or can I plug them both into the same card (like one HDMI and the other DVI or VGA or whatever)?
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Eh, after 200 years? DC is an obvious target, it makes sense we would get pretty much obliterated in any nuclear war. But if the DMV was so devastated they couldn't live there, why wouldn't they get the fuck out and go elsewhere? And if it was safe enough for them to live, why didn't they rebuild more? I know their water supply was fucked, and that would make a lot of limits to their civilization, but it doesn't prevent them from building a decent home.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I read some thing yesterday that said that portland's job market blows

and now I am worried that if my wife gets this job I will not be able to find one
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    idea for an mmo

or maybe not mmo but persisten multiplayer

a generation ship travelling to some star system or other

all the players are on it

the ship is very very large

see what happens to it.

Shut up. This is my completely original, non-derivative idea that I came up with.

Except the emphasis is less on the sci-fi and more on the inner workings of an entire city contained within a space ship. Very Gangs of New York, in terms of the wheeling and dealing, marked class distinctions (as established by occupation aboard the ship), a rarified bridge that you never see (because within the context of the ship, the captain may as well be the POTUS) but whose own wheelings and dealings affect you directly or indirectly...

Oh man Nerdgasm™.

I was thinking a very undirected experience

basically just toss the players into the ship and go like, right, let's see if you make it

(it would probably end up with the ships in about fifteen pieces too many and all of them on fire in like, a week)
    xlh6c3.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Now I will meet some recruiters and make them find me a job. Woooooooo

Hey. Hey. Not before you give me your entire budget.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    So, I'm just going to bring in a spare monitor from home and have two monitors because fuck the police.

Do you need two video cards for two monitors, or can I use the onboard and my one card... or can I plug them both into the same card (like one HDMI and the other DVI or VGA or whatever)?

so long as the card has two outputs you can use the same card.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular

and now I am worried that if my wife gets this job I will not be able to find one

g1334162200194053614.jpg
    network_sig2.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    *yawn* should go to bed but I cant
    This Frozenyo self-serve frozen yogurt place near my office is dumb. Why would I want self-serve at an actual frozen yogurt stand? I'm paying a premium so I don't have to do the work myself, that's the whole point of these places!
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Here in London, capital of the Anglosphere it is finally Spring and the people have settled in the many parks where I sneeze upon them, for the pollen to work It's magic, it must irritate.
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Reality is perfect.

*sips green tea*

You must augment your expectations.
    eokNV.jpg
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    I played Neverwinter on and off all day yesterday. The combat is intoxicatingly fun
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Here in London, capital of the Anglosphere it is finally Spring and the people have settled in the many parks where I sneeze upon them, for the pollen to work It's magic, it must irritate.

Sorry, New York is capital of the Anglosphere. London gave up that title when the UK decided to stop being a superpower.

Just start pickling shit and selling it off your bike like everyone else in Portland.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I played Neverwinter on and off all day yesterday. The combat is intoxicatingly fun

I agree, cant wait untill tonight so I can try out dungeons
This discussion has been closed.