Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    but, yes

the 200 years after nobody has even godamned taken a broom out

was so fucking silly.

Also nobody has gone to the effort of trying to establish any kind of industrial base, and reuse of scavenged materials is limited to bashing them together with bolts and rope.
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    my favourite post-apocalyptic setting is STALKER's

because it's not the fallout style EVERYWHERE IS A MAD MAX DESERT NOW AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAYwhich is ludicrous on both counts

it's not really post-apocalyptic, since said apocalypse was kind of a very local one.

That isn't really the fallout style

U8q0R.jpg

This is the NCR in southern california.

Fallout 3 was a special kind of silly, it was 200 years after the bombs and everything felt like it was maybe 10 years later instead
    override367 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    tumblr_mm8mrlbMcE1spaymdo1_1280.jpg

this guy not giving a fuck

could wear a dead skunk on his head
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

because it's not the fallout style EVERYWHERE IS A MAD MAX DESERT NOW AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY which is ludicrous on both counts

it's not really post-apocalyptic, since said apocalypse was kind of a very local one.

Dude, FO is a world that is rebuilding. Look at how much change there is from FO1 to FO2. Bethesda fucked up with their "200 years after the war everything is still terrible" world, but Bethesda fucks up everything.

I haven't played FO1 and FO2. I don't want to, because mother of god is that setting dull.

If you only played FO3, you can't judge the setting. Of anything else about FO. Because FO3 isn't fallout.

FO3 was a pretty bad entry. I almost wish I hadn't played it because my main complaint about NV is how much level architecture got re-used, but it was otherwise a fantastic game. I don't think I ever got more than a few hours into 2 but 1 was amazing. I should probably re-play both, I picked up the collection over the weekend, but I'm super busy this week.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I kinda wanna give GW2 another shot to see if it sucks less now
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    @casual I just came across a flapjack Anzac biscuit hybrid, called a 'Cranzac'
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

because it's not the fallout style EVERYWHERE IS A MAD MAX DESERT NOW AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAYwhich is ludicrous on both counts

U8q0R.jpg

Fallout 3 was a special kind of silly, it was 200 years after the bombs and everything felt like it was maybe 10 years later instead

well that sure is brown.
    xlh6c3.png
    I enjoyed 3 more than NV.
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Screw him and screw his jetson up skirt video feed glasses
    but yes while ugly that doesn't have the fallout 3 thing, yeah.

and yeah, for the most part the stupid in the setting is from 3

it's just that the setting kind of bores me to death.
    xlh6c3.png
    edited May 2013

[img][/img]

well that sure is brown.

Well sure its not realistic, in that, a nuclear war wouldn't kill all the grass in the first place. It is however on its way to being "Back", an San Fransisco in fallout 2 is basically untouched. People have farming settlements and mines and power plants and are building industry

Edit: I like that most of the structures in the southwest in Fallout 2 are new structures built using baked clay or something. One thing that really, really bugged me about Fallout 3 is the lack of new construction. Building dwellings is something that you should be able to pull off when you have lots of time on your hands
    override367 on
    idea for an mmo

or maybe not mmo but persisten multiplayer

a generation ship travelling to some star system or other

all the players are on it

the ship is very very large

see what happens to it.
    xlh6c3.png
    hmmm

my grades this semester were about as expected but it doesn't look like they did the gpa tabulation? it's only showing my old stats
    edited May 2013
    New Vegas had a lot of brown in it too but I'm guessing that's because they had to re-use assets, it also fits because Nevada sucks. I did like the mountain/alpine area though

I want a fallout game set in the midwest or canada and not have it look all mad maxy
    override367 on
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    hmmm

my grades this semester were about as expected but it doesn't look like they did the gpa tabulation? it's only showing my old stats

how did you do?
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    hmmm

Maybe there's a delay before your GPA is tabulated? Wait a week or so after the last day of finals and the semester is officially over before you worry.
    Irond Will wrote: »
    hmmm

how did you do?

a hair over 3.0.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    hmmm

luckily you happen to be a wiz at statistics and can caluclate that yourself.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
    my lecturer put up two past papers

they are the exact same except in one question, he changed "Compute the probability of Pr(C=1)" to "Compute the probability of Pr(C=2)"

there is no other sample questions up

hmmmmmmmm
    hmmm

Maybe there's a delay before your GPA is tabulated? Wait a week or so after the last day of finals and the semester is officially over before you worry.

yeah i'll just wait. if i'm looking at this correctly then my cumulative stats should be:

credit hours attempted: 29
    quality points awarded: 89
    cumulative gpa: 3.07
    this is not enough of an upward trend! last semester was a 3.0, this semester was a 3.14. hopefully i can stop being an asshole and kick that up by a bunch in the fall. we'll see.
    quality point are just grade (A=4,B=3,C=2,D=1) times the number of credits for that course.
    GPA is total quality points divided by total credit hours attempted.
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    quality point are just grade (A=4,B=3,C=2,D=1) times the number of credits for that course.

that is what i did

did i do it wrong somehow
    Tav wrote: »
    my lecturer put up two past papers

they are the exact same except in one question, he changed "Compute the probability of Pr(C=1)" to "Compute the probability of Pr(C=2)"

there is no other sample questions up

hmmmmmmmm

aaaaaaand the answers are the same

this fucking guy

that is what i did

no?
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

because it's not the fallout style EVERYWHERE IS A MAD MAX DESERT NOW AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE THAT WAY which is ludicrous on both counts

Dude, FO is a world that is rebuilding. Look at how much change there is from FO1 to FO2. Bethesda fucked up with their "200 years after the war everything is still terrible" world, but Bethesda fucks up everything.

I haven't played FO1 and FO2. I don't want to, because mother of god is that setting dull.

If you only played FO3, you can't judge the setting. Of anything else about FO. Because FO3 isn't fallout.

It's bad fanfiction of fallout.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    game of throoooones
    xlh6c3.png

that is what i did

no?

oh

i thought you were explaining the correct process to me

mah bad

+ Google Glass has a bitchin' Time Travel App
    - It can only take you to 1996
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    nicolai coster-waldau is a good choice for Jaimie

one part of that is how in Headhunters he is kind of like Jaimie in the modern world

except scarier
    xlh6c3.png
    was 1996 when they said badical?

I wanna say badical

U8q0R.jpg

well that sure is brown.

Welcome to Southern California
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-director-has-a-sequel-in-mind
    Biehn, who concedes he’s not much of a gamer personally, sounds pretty amazed by the fan response to Blood Dragon to date.

“I did an Aliens game last year that just, kind of, nobody really talked about it very much and I never really heard too much about it,” he said. “I heard when it came out. Nobody ever came up to me afterwards and said, ‘Oh, that Aliens game was really good’ or whatever.”

“I’m telling you, I have more people approaching me now on the streets about this video game. Way more than they do now about, like, ‘Oh, weren’t you the guy that was in The Terminator?’ Or ‘Weren’t you the guy that was in The Victim?’ Or ‘Weren’t you the guy that was in Tombstone?’”

Biehn estimates that he’s had around 100 people approach him and ask about the game in just the last two weeks.

“I want to go out right now, actually, and I wanna go buy a system to play the game on, and I want to buy the game, and I want to learn how to play it,” he said. “There’s something about this game, and I don’t know what it is, but it has people, young people, really excited.”

neat!
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    pops sped off, left moms with a budlea
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    was 1996 when they said badical?

I wanna say badical

No one said badical without getting beaten up immediately.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    so hung over...
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    ygritte

is

the

best
    xlh6c3.png
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    ygritte

is

the

best

She's kind of a know-it-all.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I do not give a single fuck how goofy google glass is. Fuck it man, I know Armani will come out with Molly style auto-shades like in Neuromancer but I'm not waiting.

Wearing that shit as soon as I can get them. I hope they come with a Bluetooth earpiece because reality is bullshit and needs to be augmented.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
This discussion has been closed.