Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• TavTav Registered User regular
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmW7ejFYX_8
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    oh shit

this girl I know called her kid Archer

like, after the show

Will you buy him his first turtleneck?

due to reasons, no

lets just say I am not surprised that she is a single mother in her early 20's raising a child she named after a TV show

Sounds like she's making the most of it.
    2ezikn6.jpg
    tumblr_m0otofssmI1qzfx3go1_500.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    SG: Monetary Survey: Money Plus Quasi Money
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User regular

As expected, the man has an excellent idea, and the woman's idea is frivolous.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
    SKFM annoys me the most on this board.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Dropbox images don't like appearing at work. :(
    Dropbox images don't like appearing at work. :(

http://i.imgur.com/eNyusfK.jpg

As expected, the man has an excellent idea, and the woman's idea is frivolous.

I approve of both of their ideas.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    "I hate Lady Gaga, she doesn't put any effort into her music, unlike a real artist like KE$HA."

- Shit Your Soon To Be Former Friends Say.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    Lady Gaga and Kesha still exist?
    Zephiran wrote: »
    "I hate Lady Gaga, she doesn't put any effort into her music, unlike a real artist like KE$HA."

They both put effort into their bad music.
    I love it when:

People think I'm an immigrant because of my complexion and super-massive Swedish dialect.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    having to put together a resume to apply for a promotion sucks.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Yeah I haven't heard much from lady Gaga lately.

I don't think it makes much sense to judge pop stars like gaga or ke$ha as musicians. They barely even claim to be musicians. They need to be judged as entertainers/pop stars. You wouldn't say a band sucks because they are terrible at dancing or have bad stage shows, because that isn't what they're about.

"There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses. If it would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favors alike on the high and the low, the rich and the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing." -- Andrew Jackson
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I love it when:

People think I'm an immigrant because of my complexion and super-massive Swedish dialect.

what kind of dialect do you have where your countrymen think you're foreign?
    xlh6c3.png
    I judge artists by their stage show. A decent album is nice and all but if you can't reproduce it on stage, chances are it was overproduced and not representative of their ability as musicians.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    my eyes have been watering non stop for the last three days.

i feel like a Bichon or one of those dogs with the tear stains. looks like i've been crying all day and night. wheeee

took a zyrtec but NOTHING
    DasUberEdward on
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.

I don't think it makes much sense to judge pop stars like gaga or ke$ha as musicians. They barely even claim to be musicians. They need to be judged as entertainers/pop stars. You wouldn't say a band sucks because they are terrible at dancing or have bad stage shows, because that isn't what they're about.

gaga is actually a pretty good musician. Which, yeah, is mostly irrelevant.
    xlh6c3.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    that anime with the giants that eat people is kind of depressing
    override367 on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Yeah I haven't heard much from lady Gaga lately.

Apparently Gaga disappears when she's not promoting a new album cause she is fully aware people get sick of her
    why are those titans such a huge threat

I've read the wiki synopsis

why don't we just y'know

shoot them
    xlh6c3.png
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

gaga is actually a pretty good musician. Which, yeah, is mostly irrelevant.

I agree with the first part, but the second part depends on what you're expecting. I enjoy poppy, dancy stuff, I don't really need much else.

That said, the music video for Allejandro was awesome.
    2ezikn6.jpg
    I love it when:

what kind of dialect do you have where your countrymen think you're foreign?

I'm a southern Ostrobothnian Finlandswede.

Finnish speaking people think I'm an immigrant because they can't parse even the simplest of phrases spoken the way I do and start assuming things because of the way I look.

Swedes think I'm Finnish or a foreigner because they can't parse even the simplest of phrases spoken the way I do and start assuming things because of the way I look.

Though it should be mentioned that people of actual foreign country origin commit the same mistake. When vacationing in Turkey and Morocco, the locals thought my father was an oil sheik or something.

I guess it doesn't help that both he and I bear a striking resemblance to the old King Hussein of Jordan.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

What titans are you talking about?

The ones in Attack on Titan?

Basically, they're a thread because nothing short of canon-fire stops them, and even then, it doesn't kill them. The only way to kill them is to slice them deep in the back of the neck.
    I judge artists by their stage show. A decent album is nice and all but if you can't reproduce it on stage, chances are it was overproduced and not representative of their ability as musicians.

Interesting. I never go to live shows so I could not care less. I just want to listen to music I enjoy.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Speaking of musicians, I am going to see Reggie Watts in London next month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0RU_Nyr4l4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4m6BVl7LKk
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I dare anyone to say "F*** the police" when looking at the future generation of public order officers

article-2050367-0E6BFD7700000578-47_964x378.jpg
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited May 2013

why don't we just y'know

shoot them
    like was said they regenerate unless you blow through their neck, but I get the complaint, in the show they've got like a few dozen cannons

Given the extent of the threat you would assume they would build absolutely goddamn enormous cannons at various points on the wall that could be turned

or like, giant spiked pits or something at least. this is explainable enough by the government not being all that bright I suppose
    override367 on
    go to shows

it is basically the only way artists make money

also they are fun

I was lucky enough to see Devin Townsend on Saturday and it was the most fun I've had in ages!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sDc233bOKM

why don't we just y'know

shoot them
    like was said they regenerate unless you blow through their neck, but I get the complaint, in the show they've got like a few dozen cannons

Given the extent of the threat you would assume they would build absolutely goddamn enormous cannons at various points on the wall that could be turned

or like, giant spiked pits or something at least. this is explainable enough by the government not being all that bright I suppose

Has it even been explained how the walls were built in the comic yet?

Because until it is, I'm guessing the walls were built by fucking magic and that's why there's only cannons on the top.

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

Basically, they're a thread because nothing short of canon-fire stops them, and even then, it doesn't kill them. The only way to kill them is to slice them deep in the back of the neck.

but like

we have a lot of cannons

they walk

so like

bombard them until a round hits them in the neck

or just until nothing is left
    xlh6c3.png

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

people being massive morons for no reason is a very poor explanation of things happening in fiction!
    xlh6c3.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I'
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I dare anyone to say "F*** the police" when looking at the future generation of public order officers

article-2050367-0E6BFD7700000578-47_964x378.jpg

They will obey their racist masters and get a surprisingly high amount of hits on black and latino people.
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

people being massive morons for no reason is a very poor explanation of things happening in fiction!

Yeah, just in reality.
    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

Has it even been explained how the walls were built in the comic yet?

Because until it is, I'm guessing the walls were built by fucking magic and that's why there's only cannons on the top.

Well in the comic spikes along the walls seem to be pretty effective since most of the giants are dumb as a sack of rocks

Deep pits with spikes and bridges for foot traffic and other passive defenses seem like they'd be way more effective against a dumb foe (once immobilized commence with the stabby)

But the same can be said about the entirety of zombie fiction so

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

but like

we have a lot of cannons

they walk

so like

bombard them until a round hits them in the neck

or just until nothing is left

Resources are pretty limited, though.

if they had unlimited cannonballs and unlimited cannons and unlimited gunpowder, that could be a strategy.

They don't, though.
    Richy wrote: »

why don't we just y'know

shoot them

Yeah, just in reality.

That almost never happens in reality.

There are always reasons.
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.