Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

world record [chat]

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I wonder what its like being a sound engineer for a horror game.

Where you sit in a dark room and make sounds for monsters you can only imagine and not see. You hope.

Did you recently watch Berberian Sound Studio?

No I'm watching a Dead Space 3 let's play, and they really nail some of the monster sounds for triggering the "oh fuck no" response.
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    No I'm watching a Dead Space 3 let's play, and they really nail some of the monster sounds for triggering the "oh fuck no" response.

Sound engineer walking into his studio.

Roll of plastic sheet over his shoulder, bag of melons in hand, asking if anyone has seen his sledgehammer
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Watching the first ep of Sons of Anarchy pretty great but I don't do well with hurt kids, making me all tear up and shit

Being a parent to a toddler does that to you I guess
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Sound engineer walking into his studio.

Roll of plastic sheet over his shoulder, bag of melons in hand, asking if anyone has seen his sledgehammer

Being a Foley artist is a really enjoyable job.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    dear matlab users:

you're writing code. what is it about non-descriptive variable names?
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Echo, recycle Jacobkosh
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Geth, don't roll 3d6
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Super Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    /me rolls 3d6 -> 6,2,6 (sum:14)
    GETH YOU HAVE DEFIED ME riot.gif
    Geth, roll 18
    I infer his silence is that I now have six 18s to play with and ten bonus feats.
    Geth, roll egg.
    Geth, roll a joint.
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Geth roll Chu.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular
    Geth, fix the goofy borders.
    Geth, 滾蛋
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Geth, Rock the Casbah
    Geth, make me a better person.
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    @kalkino

I am thinking of hastily putting together a paper on New Zealand data.

I am now pondering mysteries like "why does the Reserve Bank of New Zealand omit data from December 1986 to March 1988"

what dark events overcame the land of kiwis during that era
    Geth, Suicide, 6th of May 2013
    Awesomes every single post the user with a profile number 31680 has ever written, then self destructs.
    _J_ wrote:
    ronya wrote: »
    @kalkino

I am thinking of hastily putting together a paper on New Zealand data.

I am now pondering mysteries like "why does the Reserve Bank of New Zealand omit data from December 1986 to March 1988"

what dark events overcame the land of kiwis during that era

The entire Treasury staff experienced a crippling addiction to buying limited edition Transformers toys.
    for real, if nobody has proper data for that era, I might have to think of a third unsuspecting country
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Cinco de Mayo can fuck off if my friend's boss is gonna make her wear a tanktop that says "give in to temptation." The fucking place doesn't even specialize in alcohol, just a few light beers.

Uh

That sounds astonishingly like sexual harassment!

Yeah no shit. I want her to lawyer up and get a fairly easy pay-day out of this.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Also I guess that post is hours upon hours old. Anyway in more relevant news, today's Penny Arcade fucking rules. "Can you draw slenderman?" WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
  • EchoEcho Per Aspera Ad Inferi Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I'm giving up trying to explain to my mom that the new iPhones having a different connector isn't some corporate conspiracy they made out of spite.
    I'm giving up trying to explain to my mom that the new iPhones having a different connector isn't some corporate conspiracy they made out of spite.

Your mom sounds like some of the people who post on this forum that think Apple is the devil.
    oh the data I want might actually be online. but I have to type it out, one by one, myself.
    or pay $49 for a one week trial

hrm
    edited May 2013

well props for caring that phones have different connectors at all!
    ronya on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hmm someone assassinated the leader of a political party on Curacao.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

Well

It is Apple
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Well

It is Apple

Moreover, they pretty much just screwed up with it anyway, since the new connectors can't actually manage HDMI output.

Well

It is Apple

Told you @Echo.

Well

It is Apple

Moreover, they pretty much just screwed up with it anyway, since the new connectors can't actually manage HDMI output.

Ooh, is it that new connector that has a little microprocessor in it that decompresses video data sent over the device link into something that is almost but not quite HD video?

I remember reading about that. It seemed less than optimal. Of course, a lot of mobile devices do the same thing, they just explicitly have a separate box to do it (like the HTC media link) instead of cramming it all into the connector and then shiftily claiming that it outputs HDMI.
    Henroid wrote: »

Well

It is Apple

Told you @Echo.

Apple is the new MS. You can always get a cheap laugh out of their business practices and/or product design.
This discussion has been closed.