Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'll be the first to say I didn't ever give a shit about Iron Man until RDJ. The mainstream audience knows who Iron Man is now, and that's due to him. That movie would not have had the impact it had with a Tom Cruise or any other kind of bland good looking type. It wasn't that RDJ looked the part (which he does), it's that he oozes charisma out of every pore. He made people like Iron Man, even when his character was kind of an asshole early on.

And the new TMNT series on Nick might be the best incarnation put out. And I've been a Turtles fan since the original comic. You can feel the love that everyone making that series puts into it. The writing is unbelievably good.

Don't sell the concept and characters short. Downey Jr. is a fantastic actor but he didn't make everything from scratch with movie Tony Stark. Without the comics as a foundation he'd have nothing to work with.

But considering how those movies were made, if they didn't have someone like RDJ in the lead role and able to work with Favreau and Bridges in really key ways, that movie could have bombed hard

Or at least it wouldn't have been the surprise smash hit that propelled Marvel into the film industry in a serious way

That movie, yes. Though even that wasn't built on nothing. Lots of people worked on the comic mythology to adapt and numerous scripts were completed before it to that stage. The movie wasn't an improv skit from Saturday Night Live. Underselling the property that gave Downey Jr. the opportunity feels like its doing a disservice to the creators who weren't Downey Jr. and the property itself IMO. Iron Man can be a success and very entertaining without a big budget movie, like in the comics and Armored Adventures and Avengers: EMH. While not on the movie's level of success this isn't an IP that was completely worthless.

edit: The movies did do an outstanding Pepper Potts and improved Stane from the comics
    Harry Dresden on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    yo where the fuck is battlecat

Off to the side dealing with Krypto?
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Not quite Superman Vs Goku but...

pEKUWpr.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:
    After over 30 years since their first encounter, Superman and He-Man will once again face off in a new DC Comics miniseries. Debuting in "DC Universe Vs. Masters of the Universe" by Keith Giffen and Dexter Soy is a six issue miniseries pitting the best of the DCU against the champions of Eternia, who find themselves mysteriously in the DC Universe.

"DC Universe vs. Masters of the Universe" #1 hits stores August 28.

The fuck is this shit
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i don't even think it is possible to stand in the position that Girl He-Man is standing in
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
    I believe that's Teela.
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    yo where the fuck is battlecat

Off to the side dealing with Krypto?

if a man owns/is friends with a ferocious tiger and does not fight alongside him that is a barely a man
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I did not know until recently that Battle Cat could talk.
    I was not aware of that at all.
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Not quite Superman Vs Goku but...

pEKUWpr.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:
    After over 30 years since their first encounter, Superman and He-Man will once again face off in a new DC Comics miniseries. Debuting in "DC Universe Vs. Masters of the Universe" by Keith Giffen and Dexter Soy is a six issue miniseries pitting the best of the DCU against the champions of Eternia, who find themselves mysteriously in the DC Universe.

"DC Universe vs. Masters of the Universe" #1 hits stores August 28.

The fuck is this shit

A crossover. And like the quote from CBR said, Goat, this isn't the first time they've met.

AfpBYxv.jpg

lm2XRJC.jpg
    Owenashi on
    I believe that's Teela.

and of course she has to be fighting wonder woman, can't have intersexed fights, nossir
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    i don't even think it is possible to stand in the position that Girl He-Man is standing in

how else are you supposed to draw a heroic woman exerting herself if not by thrusting her ass impossibly outward
    02YsrWP.jpg
    I believe that's Teela.

and of course she has to be fighting wonder woman, can't have intersexed fights, nossir

The fighting poses look ridiculous, too. WW: "May I?" Teela: "Sure. Why not?"
    also I fucking hate Superman's new hair. just fucking awful
    edited May 2013
    I believe that's Teela.

Yeah, they aren't even the equivalent to each other on their own teams, this is dumb.
    Goatmon on
    edited May 2013
    what's actually insane about the actor salary thing is that a guy with all the leverage in the world is using it to help out some of his less-compensated peers rather than make an extra couple percentage points for himself, and dudes like the movie screenwriter ask "I wish my union had the power to do that."

edit: Goatmon - done.
    Harry Dresden on
    You should probably not quote the entire post when you're only editing a small part of it.

yeah, he can talk. not like scooby doo talk either. real understandable words.
  • sarukunsarukun Carl Edgar Blake II Nerd-King of BaconRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Not in the reboot.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Poor Keith Giffen.

Is this what it's come to?
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    The chucklefucks over at Latino Review have decided to go big or go home, saying that he has a "grid" that shows Marvels upcoming filming schedule and that Black Panther starts filming next year.

Which is so blatently stupid a rumor I wonder if there isn't someone at Marvel purposesly trolling him, rather than him making shit up.
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Registered User regular
    Is Saoirse Ronan Marvel's Model for Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2?

Intresting. A young Scarlet Witch, i can see her being a good fit.
    Is Saoirse Ronan Marvel's Model for Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2?

Intresting. A young Scarlet Witch, i can see her being a good fit.

Fuck yes!
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    Ugh, I wish they'd keep them Eastern European.
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt w o r s h i p c a t g o dRegistered User regular
    I would much rather they be Eastern European

but Saoirse Ronan is a pretty cool choice
    02YsrWP.jpg
    sarukun wrote: »

Not in the reboot.

who cares about reboots of He-Man?

Not I.
    talking animals is a slippery slope to bestiality
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I like He-Man

that kind of sci-fi is my dea
    IQ41voQ.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Not in the reboot.

who cares about reboots of He-Man?

Not I.

It was pretty good actually!

From what little I remember anyway
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman is also in a horrible battle pose there, jesus.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
    Honestly that image looks like they had two group shots and someone was told to make it look like they are fighting each other.
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Wonder Woman is also in a horrible battle pose there, jesus.

it turns out it's hard to fight when your ass and chest are both being thrust outward

who knew?
    not dc apparently
    Kilroy on
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    The chucklefucks over at Latino Review have decided to go big or go home, saying that he has a "grid" that shows Marvels upcoming filming schedule and that Black Panther starts filming next year.

Which is so blatently stupid a rumor I wonder if there isn't someone at Marvel purposesly trolling him, rather than him making shit up.
    Yeah, Marvel has announced movies all the way through late summer early fall of 2015.

The idea of a Black Panther movie filming next year is both ridiculous and logistically impossible.

It is all coming from that El Miyambe guy who is just throwing shit around. The last half dozen of his scoops have been incredibly bullshit
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Oh what the fuck
    daft2.gif
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I really thought that was a Onion article at first.
    Nope! Real!
    Someone thought that was actually a really good idea.
    PartyPat.jpg
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    "My job is to entertain people"

yeah

by showing movies
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Guys, c'mon, obviously he was just cosplaying as the beloved darkhorse character Soldier Number 3 featured prominently in this film!
    Seriously though what the fuck where you thinking.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

Hundreds were entertained? Who the fuck was entertained by some doofus in combat gear?

This is so fucking stupid.
    detail-1.jpg
    My Band "The Wicked Girls"