Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    I prefer my my human-robot cop shows to have a touch more noir.
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    Geth knows what's up.
    redoctober2.png
    SE++ Forum Battle Archive | PST = Pacific Standard Time | DRUNKSTUCK: A Homestuck recap
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    when we finally get robots they are going to be so confused by how badly we want them to be our buddy cops

"Detective, I do not understand: How can one be beyond an appropriate usage date for excrement?"

"Jehosafat..."

I remember @Antimatter and I thinking there is a lot of potential in an Asimov film adaptation with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Elijah Bailey and Ryan Gosling as R. Daneel Olivaw.

JGL's a little young for the part

But I also love him to bits

So I would be willing to let that slide
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • rfilyawrfilyaw Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    No way could JGL be Elijah Bailey.

But who should it be. Hrm.

edit: Don't kill me, but I think Robin Williams could play the part if he kept the humor to a bare minimum (which he has proven he can do). Elijah always struck me as stocky. The only catch is if Robin is too old.

edit2: looking at some recent pics, I think he can pull it off.
    rfilyaw on
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Yeah in all honesty if a show gets 5 seasons, that's successful. It may still have ended too soon, and may have had plenty of steam left, but at that point it's more of a "going out on top" sort of thing.

Stargate: SG-1 getting ten seasons is basically legendary among sci-fi shows. It'll be a long time before another show manages that, and SG-1 switched networks, and had more than 1 entire season that could be described as "rough."
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ToxTox I kill threads Let Piggy Chimp decideRegistered User regular
    Anything over 3 is something to be happy about, in my mind. If you get 5, you got a great run.

I'm still pissed about NBC not following through on The Cape.
    3h5Wc.png
    Secret Satans! Post | D&D Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    It's disappointing though when the cast and crew know about the cancellation too late and the show ends awkwardly/not at all.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    I have an unhealthy love for cancelled shows

Like Touching Evil and Cupid

bless 'em
    daft2.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I have an unhealthy love for cancelled shows

Like Touching Evil and Cupid

bless 'em

Mmmmm Dark Angel.

You shitty Buffy knockoff, you.
    Goatmon on
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I like Dark Angel more than Buffy.
    jakedance3.gif
    Steam:BuckarooHolidayNNID:BuckarooHolidayXBLGamertag:BuckarooHoliday
    Twitter:@BuckarooHoliday
    3DS Friend Code:3394-3880-2299
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tox wrote: »
    Anything over 3 is something to be happy about, in my mind. If you get 5, you got a great run.

I'm still pissed about NBC not following through on The Cape.

The only reason I was sad about The Cape being cancelled was that it left Summer Glau without work and another dead series on her resume.
    Harry Dresden on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus The machine is broken. The universe is broken.Registered User regular
    I like Dark Angel more than Buffy.

get out
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    the only thing i get actively mad at fox for is ruining human target

also all of you who didn't watch the good guys can go to hell forever
    I watched part of the first episode does that count
    no go to hell i hate you
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jeeze, can't a guy make a brief joke about fox canceling TV shows without inspiring a multi-page discussion? :)
    Undead Scottsman on
    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    NO.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Puts his name on his helicoptor.. ..so everyone knows it's his.Registered User regular
    :(
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    Jeeze, can't a guy make a brief joke about fox canceling TV shows without inspiring a multi-page discussion? :)

Fox tried to save us from new seasons of Family Guy, and we didn't listen.

Who's the real villain?

(still fox)

• CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Firefly is the only show I felt was unjustly cancelled by Fox.

Maybe after Joss is done with Avengers, he can use his clout to stampede a sequel through the greenlight process.

Or fuck it, just put them in the Marvel U, have them show up in Avengers 2 as a ship that our heroes have to charter to get to Thanos.
    Ceno on
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Registered User regular
    Wasn't Firefly shown out of order during it's original release, or something?
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i'm sorry, i get people wishing shows weren't cancelled but at some point there's got to be a moment where you go "it sucks but it's never coming back"

and firefly is like the only show i've seen that isn't arrested development (which at least still had the cast/crew talking about making more the whole time) where people keep coming up with scenarios where it comes back on tv

let it go plus it's not even that good
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    jesus

overreacting?
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    That theme song is soo bad.
    dYjxf8P.jpg
    *Backwood Folk *Eve of the Ozarks *Tumblr
    firefly somehow got a movie. which no one saw. fox can only do so much, you guys.

i'll leave my fireflypinions at that.
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Honestly? The fact that people still talk about firefly being brought back, be it here or outside of this forum, is goddamn exhausting.

It sucks the show was cancelled, and it was given a rough as shit treatment, and it's fun to speculate and joke about its return. But holy shit do people not let go of that entire thing to such an extent that it's mind numbing.
    Gatsby on
    daft2.gif
    i gotta conserve my energies to work on my new post-apocalyptic ausploitation fish out of water action comedy "weekend road warrior"
    edited May 2013
    It's been 11 years. It'll be at least another two years before Joss could even THINK about working on follow-up, and probably a few years after that to get things sorted. That's too long. Sometimes you just have to let things go.

Plus if I could wish one dead scifi series back into existence, it'd be Farscape :)

EDIT: It was Universal who did the Firefly movie, was it not?
    Undead Scottsman on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    the point is, keep your fucking memes relevant or better yet don't use them at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    It was one of those shows where you wanted to live there. Like with Farscape. Despite the horrible stuff that could happen, it seemed like a fun & interesting place to live, and people can get hella attached to that vibe.

Whereas when Fringe was looking like it wouldn't get a final season, there wasn't a huge uproar. Nobody wants to live in Fringe-verse that place is scary as shit.
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    Wasn't Firefly shown out of order during it's original release, or something?

Yes. This happens too frequently with tv series.
    It's been 11 years. It'll be at least another two years before Joss could even THINK about working on follow-up, and probably a few years after that to get things sorted. That's too long. Sometimes you just have to let things go.

Plus if I could wish one dead scifi series back into existence, it'd be Farscape :)

EDIT: It was Universal who did the Firefly movie, was it not?

By that time they may as well reboot the series.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    firefly was cancelled because it sucked drop it and move on already
    xutFvZ4.gif
    Ceno wrote: »
    jesus

overreacting?

not at all

the slavering over a show that got cancelled after fourteen episodes and then had a movie that didn't make its budget back until it was on dvd is irritating as shit
    i gotta conserve my energies to work on my new post-apocalyptic ausploitation fish out of water action comedy "weekend road warrior"

who stars
    Buttlord wrote: »

who stars

colin hanks and jake busey
  • WeaverWeaver Cap'n NEW CRUNCH CITYRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    jesus

overreacting?

not at all

the slavering over a show that got cancelled after fourteen episodes and then had a movie that didn't make its budget back until it was on dvd is irritating as shit

mlyp
    ProfessionalandCommander.jpg

who stars

colin hanks and jake busey

is jake busey as weird-looking as his dad
    i mean clearly colin hanks is the fish out of water but i don't think you're taking into account how weird looking jake busey needs to be