Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'm not gonna begrudge Fox for canceling shit I like, like Wonderfalls

Because, I mean, it's a show about a girl who talks to inanimate objects that give her advice to correct people's lives

Who the hell else was gonna do that show? No other network, for sure. Maybe a premium channel.

Anyway, for those who don't watch Arrested Development, that episode had the narrator saying things like "Please tell your friends about this show" and the characters making off-hand references about having their business bought out by the "Homebuilder's Organization" (HBO) and then saying it was "Showtime! We should put on a show for a fundraiser." It's also brought up between a couple characters that other people "don't see us as relatable"

And then the episode ends with this:
    Michael: "Well, um, I was going to say that you don't know who my father really is and that what has happened to us is a great injustice, that we were never really given a fair chance. But that's not the truth. We've been given plenty of chances. And maybe the Bluths just aren't worth saving, maybe we're not that likable, you know. We're very self-centered. And my father may be the worst of us. Me, too. You know, I seem to... I threaten people who I don't feel support me. He poisons them. Anyway, here's my advice to you. Go ahead and take yourself a goody bag and get out of here while you can."

That's a nice little summation and a pretty excellent attitude to have from the show's creator. Also a smart way to not burn bridges.
    UnbreakableVow on
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • GoatmonGoatmon RAWR RAWR RAWRRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That actually looks pretty good. And it's on Fox, so I'm guessing it'll be canceled after 13 episodes.
    Fringe lasted 100 episodes, dogg.

Barely.
    but fox canceled firefly and futurama! they never give sci fi shows a chance!!!!

Fox has cancelled plenty of sci-fi shows.

It's not sci fi, but I'm still a little bitter that they never even aired the pilot for Locke and Key.
    GeneralGuyandStiltGuys_zpsf382f684.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    hughjackmannicholashoult1973.jpg

Is that Future or Past Wolverine? Looks like he's wearing 70's-ish clothes.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    It seems like people get all upset and pissy when any show gets cancelled

Something like Firefly where the network actively contributed to why it got poor ratings, sure

but I've seen shit like "Oh this show only got 3 seasons what the fuck"

that's like, 60 episodes!

That's a lot of episodes!

I am more than happy if a show I like goes on that long. Not everything can last for 12 seasons.
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla We were the best, Richard No matter what they sayRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Past, it seems what with Beast being there.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    How is that barely

it got 5 goddamn seasons

an hour long sci-fi drama about alternate realities and time travel and insane bullshit getting 5 seasons is a pretty cool thing and Fox should be given credit where it is due

I'm not saying Fox shouldn't get credit for doing that but it wasn't a smooth ride for Fringe. It got very close to being cancelled last season.
    Joolander wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Because they're terrible

Seriously. It's an obvious idea. All of the (most of the) coolness of Batman and his villains, from an interesting perspective, with a fraction of the budget.
    How many episodes did Birds of Prey last?

Birds of Prey sucked. It wasted a fantastic concept. With SHIELD it looks like an actually good show.
    edited May 2013
    Also, Pushing Daisies got shit for ratings, which is a fucking shame for how much effort and crazy creativity went into it.

It just wasn't a hit, despite how fantastic it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GyE21TYvzo
    Goatmon on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Considering that Nicholas Hoult there is looking 70's as hell
    How is that barely

it got 5 goddamn seasons

an hour long sci-fi drama about alternate realities and time travel and insane bullshit getting 5 seasons is a pretty cool thing and Fox should be given credit where it is due

I'm not saying Fox shouldn't get credit for doing that but it wasn't a smooth ride for Fringe. It got very close to being cancelled last season.
    Joolander wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    Because they're terrible

Seriously. It's an obvious idea. All of the (most of the) coolness of Batman and his villains, from an interesting perspective, with a fraction of the budget.
    How many episodes did Birds of Prey last?

Birds of Prey sucked. It wasted a fantastic concept. With SHIELD it looks like an actually good show.
    So it almost only got four seasons

That is still a perfectly healthy and lengthy run
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Well, that was ABC, not Fox, to be fair

Also it really seemed like they did their part, I remember Pushing Daisies getting a huge advertising push before it first aired
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    I fucking love how goddamn over the top 70s everyone looks so far

then again the 70s are like my favorite decade pop culture wise so
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Oh, man.

It's the cop show we have been promised forever.

"He's a loose cannon human detective. His partner's a robot. Can they work together, WITH THE FATE OF THE CITY AT STAKE?"

All my experience with sci-fi in sitcoms has promised me that this show will be one of the most popular programs in THE FUTURE.

And we are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Holy shit and one of them is white and one of them is black
    This thing is the total package
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You and @Blankzilla are right, I didn't even recognize that guy as Beast. His hair looks really different. Maybe I just need to watch First Class again.
    3DS: 3351-5352-0314
  • DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

And why the hell isn't he blue?
    PSN: Toxic_Cizzle Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Well, that was ABC, not Fox, to be fair

Also it really seemed like they did their part, I remember Pushing Daisies getting a huge advertising push before it first aired

True enough.

And, to be fair, they made sure the writers knew it was going to end before it was originally intended to, so they had time to wrap up the story, even if they weren't able to do everything they wanted with the show.

I remember catching the last few episodes on Netflix, and how each one I just kind of dreaded how, once I reached the end of season 2, there would be no more episodes, forever. :(

• Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    ....I

I watched birds of prey.
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Ain't nothing wrong with that

I loved Smallville through pretty much its entire run, season four excluded
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdHiZsSPjg

Postin this here mostly because it is a neat high concept sci-fi thang. Only comic book connection is Karl Urban playing another Future Cop.

Looks pretty damn cool

That looks amazing.

I guess I'll actually try to catch that when it airs.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    I am a sucker for fancy holo-tech. Oh also a robot buddy cop show that questions what humanity really is and whether it can exist within non-humans.

But man those holograms.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • Binary SquidBinary Squid One step away from squid row. Registered User regular
    I think people are both right here. Fox does cancel a lot of Sci-Fi series, but they also take chances by putting on more Sci-Fi series than other networks do. If it's your favorite series, you'd probably notice it more than the others that weren't cancelled.
    edited May 2013
    Ain't nothing wrong with that

I loved Smallville through pretty much its entire run, season four excluded

I liked Smallville well enough, when it was new and was still a monster of the week type show.

Then it cranked up the teen drama and went up its own butt, and I tuned out.
    Goatmon on
    I liked how they got the dad from Wonder Years as a pyrokinetic football coach.
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Edit nvm
    JoeUser on
    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdHiZsSPjg

Postin this here mostly because it is a neat high concept sci-fi thang. Only comic book connection is Karl Urban playing another Future Cop.

Looks pretty damn cool

That looks amazing.

I guess I'll actually try to catch that when it airs.

Holy shit

How does this show even exist

I mean it looks kinda dumb but I want all of it right now
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    when we finally get robots they are going to be so confused by how badly we want them to be our buddy cops

"Detective, I do not understand: How can one be beyond an appropriate usage date for excrement?"
    daft2.gif
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the only thing i get actively mad at fox for is ruining human target

also all of you who didn't watch the good guys can go to hell forever
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    when we finally get robots they are going to be so confused by how badly we want them to be our buddy cops

"Detective, I do not understand: How can one be beyond an appropriate usage date for excrement?"

"Jehosafat..."
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »

"Jehosafat..."

I remember @Antimatter and I thinking there is a lot of potential in an Asimov film adaptation with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Elijah Bailey and Ryan Gosling as R. Daneel Olivaw.
    daft2.gif
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    the only thing i get actively mad at fox for is ruining human target

also all of you who didn't watch the good guys can go to hell forever
    I watched part of the first episode does that count
    jBEKRTH.png
    So that's where Olivaw's name is from
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    good name, isn't it?
    personaqn.png
    It's...a name?

It's unique, I guess

Always wondered what was behind it
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    D4rChje.png
    personaqn.png
    Oh

You were doing a thing
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • Binary SquidBinary Squid One step away from squid row. Registered User regular
    Oh

You were doing a thing

Almost like he read your mind.