Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• KageraKagera Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also 'prestige' shit like landing on the moon does things for humanity other than concrete practicals it spurs creativity and wonder and shit pragmatism never does.

really?

like what?

what did a moon landing do for humanity that, say, 300 hoover dams wouldn't?
    Inspired a young man named

Neil
    Degrasse
    Tyson

So?

So um having really potentially intelligent people get inspired to further their academic education is a good thing because it benefits society as a whole instead of him becoming some paper pushing manager with a business degree? Do I really have to spell this out?

What are we going to kill funding for the arts now because they serve no tangible benefit? Never seen art feed a starving child, cut that shit!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    how will we even know about them

Imagine how much better it would've been if Bioware had an extra ten millennia to work on the ending.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Also 'prestige' shit like landing on the moon does things for humanity other than concrete practicals it spurs creativity and wonder and shit pragmatism never does.

really?

like what?

conspiracy theories.

also do you even have places to build 300 hoover dams and why haven't you done so like half a century ago already, then?

hydroelectric power be making the mad greens, yo

i think that there's no way we have 300 places for hoover dams in the us right now

there are probably plenty of places in south america, africa or asia that could benefit though.

i don't know much about cambodia except that it's one of the most populous nations on earth and that tons and tons of people die in floods every damn year
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    We need to go to Mars

Because who wouldn't want to go to Mars

People who play FF7 in a basement subsisting on Cheetos don't. Is that who you are, Will?
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    bwah
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    dk

say your piece about space

don't sit there hiding

I already did. I said the idea of going to mars was stupid, we should spend lots of public money developing spacecraft and space technologies for doing practical things around the earth like cleaning up dead satellites or doing various types of science. A lot of the development synergy could help back on earth too, purifying water, supplying power, etc.

And then maybe in 100 years when we've gotten super good at keeping people alive in vacuum and developed decent engines and power sources for the ships we can start tooling around the solar system and see where things go from there.

And then maybe take over the galaxy slowly because that would be pretty cool and is probably the only worthwhile thing we can do as a species. Find some other life. Maybe have a star trek or two, I don't know, these are soft plans, we'll see.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    how will we even know about them

the asari
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Also making a NW character.

Of course the beast slider is set to maximum by default.

go full beast

Full is the left side right

Because I went pretty close to that.

For someone who's like millimeters from flat on the bar, she sure is busty.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am happy

dolan y
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Also making a SR3 character.

Of course the breast slider is set to maximum by default.

this is how I play, anyway
    mine are like 40 out of 100

i am a sensitive soul who appreciates inner beauty
    Per3th.jpg
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular

go full beast

read my post, and yours more closely
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular
    If eliminating NASA is the only way to guarantee that the last five minutes of ME3 never become reality

then so be it
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Okay, i'll go do my workout soon...

I'm gonna add jumping jacks to my work-out routine today...

Is... is that a good idea?

lift weights instead

Yeah 21st.

Be a Man.

Nice heteronormativity, bro.

I enjoy spending time in a room full of large, sweaty men grunting and shouting at each other. When they finally blow their load on a PR lift, they slap each other's backs and sometimes embrace, and sometimes they make home videos of each other doing all this.

No hetero, bro.
    network_sig2.png
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I would settle for living on a space station if we can't do Mars
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

really?

like what?

Neil
    Degrasse
    Tyson

So?

So um having really potentially intelligent people get inspired to further their academic education is a good thing because it benefits society as a whole instead of him becoming some paper pushing manager with a business degree? Do I really have to spell this out?

What are we going to kill funding for the arts now because they serve no tangible benefit? Never seen art feed a starving child, cut that shit!

The funding for the arts is a really really bad analogy here

because one, we are discussing benefit and arts is something we fund purely for fun, basically

two, we spend like no money at all on that. It's like saying that instead of cutting defense spending the white house should shop at costco.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    things they don't tell you in engineering school: You will spend 90% of your time in meetings, answering phone calls or using basic MS office products to write reports.
    Mental midgets kill my inner child.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Seriously, though, i'm planking and push-uping and gonna do jumping jacks starting today...

How could that not help me?
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    dk

don't sit there hiding

I already did. I said the idea of going to mars was stupid, we should spend lots of public money developing spacecraft and space technologies for doing practical things around the earth like cleaning up dead satellites or doing various types of science. A lot of the development synergy could help back on earth too, purifying water, supplying power, etc.

And then maybe in 100 years when we've gotten super good at keeping people alive in vacuum and developed decent engines and power sources for the ships we can start tooling around the solar system and see where things go from there.

And then maybe take over the galaxy slowly because that would be pretty cool and is probably the only worthwhile thing we can do as a species. Find some other life. Maybe have a star trek or two, I don't know, these are soft plans, we'll see.
    We launched a satellite to catch other dead satellites recently. It uses a fucking harpoon.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    i dont think they actually do anything up in space besides spy on us with big cameras to make sure we are drinking our floride mind control water

that's why i have an intricate system of tunnels in my backyard, so they can't watch me

although it doesn't let me evade the government's geophones, but what am i supposed to do? egg crate foam is expensive
    919UOwT.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I personally want to hear the rest of what is different about spool's situation vs DK's

As a profoundly self indulgent man-child, I mean, I am interested in hearing about other lifestyles

go full beast

read my post, and yours more closely

DAMN IT ARCH

>.>

Duh, always go full beast. Never halfass that.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    If we don't go to mars how will we fight the reapers
    if we don't go to mars the reapers never harvest us

the space program ended more lives than hitler and stalin put together times a hundred
    Per3th.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

go full beast

You're not thinking like a game developer.

"Flat" is around D-cup, and busty is "Twice the size of your head".
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

really?

like what?

Neil
    Degrasse
    Tyson

So?

If we managed to help the millions of impoverished Americans get the money to go to school, I'm sure you could find one or two bright people there, too. Let alone the poor in the rest of the world.
    Solomaxwell6 on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    because the only real historical benefits of sending people into space are spinoff technologies that you could get from doing less-expensive research into something actually useful.

i am all for government investment into science and technology, but believe that space is one of the worst, least efficient and most pointless ways to spend that investment.

I agree with this so hard.

At least, for manned space flight in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2HzHSeV9v8

Ugh. Ugh. Fuck this speech.

We're supposed to feel good about ourselves because we let a talented musician die in the ruins of his house, because, some years after his death, a recording of his music is floating through space?

How about we, y'know, fucking built him a new house?

You want to do something uplifting for all mankind? We could end poverty. We have the resources and the technology to eliminate extreme poverty for the entire world. Not a single human being would lack shelter, food, or clean water due to inability to pay.

Pfft, if you can't pay why do you deserve those things.

To quote Senate President of Florida Fuckbag Gaetz: "I don't feel sorry for people who choose to stay at home and play Grand Theft Auto instead of getting a job."

In related news, fuck the Florida legislature.
    Lh96QHG.png
    But all kidding aside Shiv, Neverwinter is pretty cool

Excellent.

I will be fucking things up later this week.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Maybe i should jump in on the NeverWintering...
  • redxredx Dublin, CARegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Okay, i'll go do my workout soon...

I'm gonna add jumping jacks to my work-out routine today...

Is... is that a good idea?

lift weights instead

Yeah 21st.

Be a Man.

Nice heteronormativity, bro.

I enjoy spending time in a room full of large, sweaty men grunting and shouting at each other. When they finally blow their load on a PR lift, they slap each other's backs and sometimes embrace, and sometimes they make home videos of each other doing all this.

No hetero, bro.

I really should hit the gym more.
    RedX is taking a stab a moving out west, and will be near San Francisco from May 14 till June 29.
    Click here for a horrible H/A thread with details.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Welp, TOR is a steaming pile of shit. It looks like I will go back to Neverwinter and try a different class.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Find some other life. Maybe have a star trek or two, I don't know, these are soft plans, we'll see.

you xenofetishist motherfucker
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    dk

don't sit there hiding

We launched a satellite to catch other dead satellites recently. It uses a fucking harpoon.

Set up a website.

Charge people a thousand bucks a shot.

There's NASA's funding for the next century right there.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    People should play Theme Hospital instead. Because reasons.
    japan wrote: »

go full beast

You're not thinking like a game developer.

"Flat" is around D-cup, and busty is "Twice the size of your head".

Hmm.

They should extend both ends.

Flat can be flat and busty can be half of the character's volume. A compromise where everyone wins.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    We need to ban abortion so Shepard can be born to save us all from the Reapers.
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    TOP TIP:
    Be sure to use the cold tap when pissing in
    the sink, as hot water encourages the urea in
    your piss to become a foul-smelling vapour.

TOPPER TIP
    Dont piss in the sink.
    You arent an animal.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    I don't mind spending a few billion in taxpayer dollars so I can fuck an alien
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    If we wait another 200 years before going to mars the reapers will arrive before we're advanced enough to be noticed by them and we'll get to avoid ME3's shitty ending

I rest my case
This discussion has been closed.