Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Sarksus wrote: »
    We need to go to Mars

Because who wouldn't want to go to Mars

People who play FF7 in a basement subsisting on Cheetos don't. Is that who you are, Will?

i am on the horns of a dilemma, it seems

for some reason i always thought there were more types of people in the world...
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Also 'prestige' shit like landing on the moon does things for humanity other than concrete practicals it spurs creativity and wonder and shit pragmatism never does.

really?

like what?

what did a moon landing do for humanity that, say, 300 hoover dams wouldn't?

conspiracy theories.

also do you even have places to build 300 hoover dams and why haven't you done so like half a century ago already, then?

hydroelectric power be making the mad greens, yo

i think that there's no way we have 300 places for hoover dams in the us right now

there are probably plenty of places in south america, africa or asia that could benefit though.

i don't know much about cambodia except that it's one of the most populous nations on earth and that tons and tons of people die in floods every damn year

They already have dams

they are building dams

hydro power is the oldest industrial power source yo
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Find some other life. Maybe have a star trek or two, I don't know, these are soft plans, we'll see.

you xenofetishist motherfucker

if wanting to bone an orion girl is wrong

then i am wrong

the wrongest wronger to ever get something wrong
    919UOwT.png
  • KageraKagera Registered User regular
    I fundamentally disagree with the idea that we fund the arts 'for fun'. There is a quantifiable benefit in supporting creative works and I am not seriously believing I actually have to say that shit. Apparently humans can become mindless automatons though only thinking in practicality and rationality and I can't wait to see the utopia that blooms from it when you guys figure out how to implement it!
    _J_ wrote:
    If we only allowed pedophiles to be parents, then we would never have to worry about children being left alone, unwatched.
    XBL: Fanatical One AIM: itskagera
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    We need to ban abortion so Shepard can be born to save us all from the Reapers.

I, for one, welcome our Reaper overlords.
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular
    I don't mind spending a few billion in taxpayer dollars so I can fuck an alien

I Just want you to know that I am printing this out and laminating it

Skippy D. Truck, 5/6/2013
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    art and poetry are a waste of time and I hate them

and I'm not just saying that because I got a C- on my art test for failing to recognizing the types of painting produced various paintings
    override367 on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I want more space stations.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/ISS_after_STS-124_06_2008.jpg

I mean look at that regal motherfucker.

xlh6c3.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    If we wait another 200 years before going to mars the reapers will arrive before we're advanced enough to be noticed by them and we'll get to avoid ME3's shitty ending

I rest my case

But but asari
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Seriously, though, i'm planking and push-uping and gonna do jumping jacks starting today...

How could that not help me?
    I don't know how much you weigh, or if your knees and lower back are good for taking shock... but there are other really good body weight exercises you can do at home.

Leg lifts, crunches, bicycle crunches, mountain climbers, bodyweight squats, squats while holding milk jugs, chair dips...

lots of free, do-it-at-home stuff.
    meat.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Also making a NW character.

Of course the beast slider is set to maximum by default.

go full beast

Full is the left side right

Because I went pretty close to that.

For someone who's like millimeters from flat on the bar, she sure is busty.

You're not thinking like a game developer.

"Flat" is around D-cup, and busty is "Twice the size of your head".

Hmm.

They should extend both ends.

Flat can be flat and busty can be half of the character's volume. A compromise where everyone wins.

What is depressing is, were you to make an MMO with a bust slider that at the extreme just morphed the character into a giant ambulatory boob, the number of people that would do just that.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    ok i have a calculus books and its accompanying solution manual

all i need is some cocaine and i can get to work
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    art and poetry are a waste of time and I hate them

poetry is good for wooing alien ladies
    Okay, enough yammering, time for me to do what has to be done and become the guy who does the thing that makes me not be fat anymore forever.

Time to do my awfully weak workout.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Huh, kinda surprised they didn't go with .25ACP rather then .22LR. Pressure in the camber for .25ACP is quite a bit lower.

I heard the new pistol was shooting .380

.22lr would make a lot more sense, might be that they are trying to accommodate more calibers and don't want to pigeon-hole themselves into rimfire. Not sure how different the mechanisms are.

From the gun perspective, it's really just a matter of where the firing pin is aimed and firing pressures. I use a conversion kit for my Glock that lets me shoot .22. It changes the firing pin, a bit of the assembly behind it and adapts the barrel to .22. It takes like 5 minutes for me to switch back and forth. Centerfire rounds tend to have high pressures and thus require a bit sturdier structure. And .380 is a goofy round for a pistol to shoot.
    Feral wrote: »
    Overpopulation is not a problem.

Yes it is. The idea of it triggers waves of undergrads who read Malthus for the first time and freak the fuck out.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I fundamentally disagree with the idea that we fund the arts 'for fun'. There is a quantifiable benefit in supporting creative works and I am not seriously believing I actually have to say that shit. Apparently humans can become mindless automatons though only thinking in practicality and rationality and I can't wait to see the utopia that blooms from it when you guys figure out how to implement it!

You're right, I'm sure having Detroit starve and collapse in on itself is a great thing for the nation.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    the ISS is actually a CIA black site, you know

they take terrorists up there and put them in the airlock and threaten to open it if they dont talk
    919UOwT.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I want more space stations.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/ISS_after_STS-124_06_2008.jpg

I mean look at that regal motherfucker.

this looks like shit

it should be in the shape of a lotus or a baby's smile or something

@desc is raging right now
    Corehealer wrote: »
    If we wait another 200 years before going to mars the reapers will arrive before we're advanced enough to be noticed by them and we'll get to avoid ME3's shitty ending

I rest my case

But but asari

pfft within 30 years japan will have made to order sex robots that can look like whatever the fuck you want them to look like

just buy an asari and use your cyberdick to orgasm for 12 straight hours
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    The ISS is kind of a waste but only because we put it up there and then half-assed it. The whole world did, really.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Elimination of smallpox is vastly more inspiring that sending a man to the moon to spite some motherfuckers in another country.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

go full beast

Hmm.

Flat can be flat and busty can be half of the character's volume. A compromise where everyone wins.

What is depressing is, were you to make an MMO with a bust slider that at the extreme just morphed the character into a giant ambulatory boob, the number of people that would do just that.

I would do it because it's silly and hilarious.
    syndalis wrote: »
    Seriously, though, i'm planking and push-uping and gonna do jumping jacks starting today...

I don't know how much you weigh, or if your knees and lower back are good for taking shock... but there are other really good body weight exercises you can do at home.

Leg lifts, crunches, bicycle crunches, mountain climbers, bodyweight squats, squats while holding milk jugs, chair dips...

Leg lift = lifting your body on one leg, right?
    edited May 2013
    the ISS should look like a penis, vagina, tits, or I feed
    override367 on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular

You're right, I'm sure having Detroit starve and collapse in on itself is a great thing for the nation.

Spending money on arts and sciences isn't what keeps us from spending money in places like Detroit.

NASA and the NEA aren't causing kids to starve to death for fuck's fucking sake.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular

That's hopping.
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular
    Dams also wouldn't stop monsoons

therefore not a great way to control flooding in Cambodia

just saying
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

go full beast

Hmm.

I would do it because it's silly and hilarious.

For like twenty seconds, maybe.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    We don't know if aliens exist, or what they'll look like, or if they will be sexually compatible with us or even made of the same basic elements like carbon. They most likely won't be Orions, Twi'leks or Asari, or any other recoloured homo sapien surrogate.

But I reserve judgement until after I've seen their equivalent of a female. I'm open minded.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).

Spending money on arts and sciences isn't what keeps us from spending money in places like Detroit.

NASA and the NEA aren't causing kids to starve to death for fuck's fucking sake.

WELL THERE'S NOWHERE ELSE TO TAKE MONEY FROM

*steps in front of defense spending, frantically motions toward nasa*
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Elimination of smallpox is vastly more inspiring that sending a man to the moon to spite some motherfuckers in another country.

The worst part of the moon landing was they couldn't actually get their dicks out and wave them at Russia. Made the whole trip completely pointless.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

This one - its an ab exercise and its glorious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VTU1jVkCMg

edit: the video kind of sucks cause she never does them continuously, but you get an idea of the form.
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular

Meh, I don't think the government should be supporting the arts. I don't think that's really the government's role.

I see it as a poor substitute for a decent social safety net.

Artists shouldn't have to face starvation and homelessness - but neither should anybody else.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular

You're just a pawn of the NEA, mmmaaaaaannnnnn
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Gawd, i don't know what I should do for my work-out routine...

Why is this shit so complexific?

I rest my case

But but asari

pfft within 30 years japan will have made to order sex robots that can look like whatever the fuck you want them to look like

just buy an asari and use your cyberdick to orgasm for 12 straight hours

You know, that's probably not far from true.

The future is tits. Literally.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    we bioengineer 200 IQ people

they end up watching the adventure time spinoff and complaining about how school is too easy

america sinks in to the sea
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    We don't know if aliens exist, or what they'll look like, or if they will be sexually compatible with us or even made of the same basic elements like carbon. They most likely won't be Orions, Twi'leks or Asari, or any other recoloured homo sapien surrogate.

But I reserve judgement until after I've seen their equivalent of a female. I'm open minded.

217533671_TbUSk-L-2.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm gonna start doing planking and pushups too.

Tonight. I will def do that tonight.

also I think I'll go for another swim tomorrow. Need to go often enough to make it a habit. Which isn't far off now.

Not that I have to force myself because I don't enjoy it, I do, I feel like a million bucks after a good swim and then some chilling in the sauna. I have to force myself because doing things I know I will enjoy is hard.
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.