Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Neutral [chat] Hotel

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Anyone for Cloak Tower in Neverwinter
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mortious wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think paying for sex is overly stigmatized but, I don't think it should be your go to over relationships.

They are very different things.

Well... yeah. I think sex and relationships are too weirdly tangled up, to be honest. You shouldn't go for sex over relationships because they are different things. And if you're just in a relationship for sex...

Well I mean that's ok if it's the point of the relationship, but the idea of getting romantically involved so that you can have sex is kinda weird to me.

hi I'm abdhyius what's up.

YOU ARE WEIRD TO ME

I... think.

well to be fair it is kinda the other way around.

You have sex so that you can get into a relationship?

Ohnoes Shiv, he'll try and get pregnant to tie you down!

This is why I always wear two condoms.

and friction rendering that less reliable than just one is why I spread that false knowledge!

I know that!

But it is depressing that everyone doesn't.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Lift some weights>take a shower>go to bed

#freeweights
    Lh96QHG.png
  • ElldrenElldren Registered User regular

Is it dungeon super plus funtime?
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    the aesthetics of vice city were great

gameplay outside driving a car was garbage, but hey

whatchoo gonna do

this is my feeling on it yes

my favorite thing to do in Vice City was just drive around soaking in the ambiance and listening to the music

my favourite thing in GTA IV too.
    xlh6c3.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN CJ

Having watched that game being speedrun as much as I have this is even funnier.
    Elldren wrote: »

In an hour, want to wait until then? im cool with that
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    your 20s arent for falling in love

instead hire prostitutes
    919UOwT.png

Ha, it's not working!

So I am only hurt by the title!

People are dicks.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    your 20s arent for falling in love

instead hire prostitutes

yeah, he did have some great points in there
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
    My solution to wedding bigotry is to never get married.
    luckily humans aren't really that fertile.

so fortunately the odds are low that there's a bastard abd running around with fetal alcohol syndrome he got because the parents were that drunk at conception. Also no boy should be conceived from that shitty sex, what an awful start to a life.
    xlh6c3.png

In an hour, want to wait until then? im cool with that

Sure thingamy
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    Cylindrical_Equal-Area_Projection_Oblique_Case_Map_of_the_World.png
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I don't really pay attention to rottentomatoes this early in a film's life cycle, but I'm sort of surprised to see that The Great Gatsby is in the 30s.

Is it too early for that to mean anything?
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

l/c/s?

(Level/Class/Server)

I shall be on in 3 hours if anybody wants to do anything level 23ish.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Some of my most important lessons that I learned in my 20s were from being in a long-term relationship

I am gonna be so boss at my next one

Whenever ladies become intriguing to me again :P

... Or possibly vice-versa >_>
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

Ha, it's not working!

People are dicks.

apparently she went to another shop where they were happy to help her and there was a huge backlash against the store that refused her service

so there's that!

and i was talking to my parents about this (last time i talked something similar, my mom said she didn't believe in bisexuality. like, that it exists), and they were both disgusted by the actions of the store owner who refused to let her try on the dress

which was heartening to me
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm not talented enough to get away with being this weird.
    This is very true

9qDERN1.jpg

Ha, it's not working!

People are dicks.

apparently she went to another shop where they were happy to help her and there was a huge backlash against the store that refused her service

so there's that!

and i was talking to my parents about this (last time i talked something similar, my mom said she didn't believe in bisexuality. like, that it exists), and they were both disgusted by the actions of the store owner who refused to let her try on the dress

Yeah those are both heartening.

I'm glad to see people see bigotry for what it is, I'm just sad that there's bigotry around to see.
    now to be fair to that article

he's not saying "everyone live your life this way"

he's saying

"if you want to become a wealthy, successful business owner as effectively as possible, live this way"

it's still awful advice of course

Ha, it's not working!

People are dicks.

so there's that!

: (

bisexual erasure hurts
    pfft long term relationships

I don't want to try none of that no sir

oh god I'm so alone
    xlh6c3.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

I always liked the Dymaxion projection. But then, I <3 Bucky Fuller.

Landmass Focused:
    240px-Dymaxion_map_unfolded.png

Sea Focused:
    240px-Dymaxion_map_ocean2.png
    tea-1.jpg

Ha, it's not working!

People are dicks.

so there's that!

bisexual erasure hurts

It's so

I don't even understand how it's a thing. Like... I don't understand how one person could think that, let alone enough for it to be a memetic thing that exists.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    pfft long term relationships

I don't want to try none of that no sir

oh god I'm so alone

Girls are pretty

And like when you kiss their faces (with consent)

*dreamy sigh* 8->
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

Mercator fo life

a sphere and a plane are simply not isomorphic topologies. It is mathematically impossible to map one onto the other without distorting it in some way.

and preserving area at the expense of distorting relative position is beyond silly
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
    edited May 2013

Ha, it's not working!

People are dicks.

so there's that!

bisexual erasure hurts

she changed her mind in the interim because she is a reasonable person and when we talked about how it is silly to believe in homosexuality and heterosexuality as both being acceptable while not accepting various combinations and inbetweens

also because she sells a lot of antiques and has made a lot of friends in the LBGT community (for some reason this is a big association here?), and exposure is generally the best way to make people accept something
    Evil Multifarious on
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    Fun fact of the day (for me):

During the "War of the Currents" (George Westinghouse's AC vs. Thomas Edison's DC), Edison lobbied to have the execution chair in NY state use AC. He also tried to get people to say prisoners were being "Westinghoused" instead of executed.
    network_sig2.png
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Hey now, BF3 has a very compelling story line.

There's these people sitting on your flag, and you don't want them on your flag. Then some of your people don't want to help getting them off your flag 'cause they're noobs.

It's got Conflict and Drama!
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i dont believe in
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • PodlyPodly RUDEASS TITTIESRegistered User regular
    bucky fuller is like if you boiled down the 20th century into a sticky, nerdy concentrate

he's da bes
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    biden%20sig.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I don't really pay attention to rottentomatoes this early in a film's life cycle, but I'm sort of surprised to see that The Great Gatsby is in the 30s.

Is it too early for that to mean anything?

That depends on how much these reviewers want you to think they understand Ulysses.
    tea-1.jpg
    Nice picture the lady took tonight

525387_4977998411627_661717403_n.jpg
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    okay so super hexagon while even mildly inebriated

is fucking hard

now to be fair to that article

he's not saying "everyone live your life this way"

he's saying

"if you want to become a wealthy, successful business owner as effectively as possible, live this way"

it's still awful advice of course

It's patently awful for what it purports to be advice for as well as generally
    There's a sort of middle-trans erasure thing too but transness isn't big enough for that to be erased at large yet.

I have gotten "fucking non-dysphoric trans people ruining the language for everyone else forever" though.

And similar stuff, several times.
    edited May 2013

Ha, it's not working!

People are dicks.

so there's that!

bisexual erasure hurts

It's so

I don't even understand how it's a thing. Like... I don't understand how one person could think that, let alone enough for it to be a memetic thing that exists.

most people are driving squarely in one lane. And being people, some of them do the easy thing of dismissing things not easily intuitively grasped through extrapolation of their own experience.
    Abdhyius on
    xlh6c3.png
This discussion has been closed.