Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Dota 2] Yep, still in beta.

• Wicked Uncle ErnieWicked Uncle Ernie Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Got new Nature's Prophet mythical taunt. Of course, equipping it crashes the game for everyone.

I suppose I could wait until it's obvious we're going to lose, then equip it. The ultimate deny.

I unboxed and equipped the Axe one today, is this a known issue across all of them? Would explain the trouble I had getting a game started earlier.

I have the spider shuffle and as soon as I click Play after hero selection I get a connection issue. Problem was solved by unequipping it, so all taunts seems to cause it.

I have Axe's taunt equipped, I was playing no problem last night, taunting like a fool.
    steam_sig.png
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    I played against a competent Treant for the first time yesterday. Not fun...
    In the past I have never had to consider Treants much more then creeps that can stand still.
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Yeah, he's totally back to pub stomping master. They might as well just give him back the old passive and be done with it.
  • SicariiSicarii Registered User regular
    The influence is subtle though: teammates buy less consumables, stay in lane longer, escape ganks, dive towers...

combined with enemies being unable to take towers without a dedicated team effort before 30 minutes in.

You're the ultimate unsung support. I finished my last treant game 0-2-2 with only mek and boots and the game was a total stomp...
    korrasig2.jpg
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    See thats my problem with Treant, he just never does enough of anything to get items. Refresher Orb? I'm happy if I manage to finish some boots...
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
    carmofin wrote: »
    See thats my problem with Treant, he just never does enough of anything to get items. Refresher Orb? I'm happy if I manage to finish some boots...

The cd on his ulti is really low now. He really doesn't benefit from refresher like he used to.
    korrasig2.jpg
  • AuralynxAuralynx Registered User regular
    Sicarii wrote: »
    carmofin wrote: »

The cd on his ulti is really low now. He really doesn't benefit from refresher like he used to.

Two in a row is still two in a row, but you may honestly be better off trying to leverage his hysterical base damage now, yeah.
    Playing in:
    World's Largest Dungeon 4E as Torbera
    BSG Exodus Game 17 as Tom Zarek
    Twilight Imperium Game 7 as Muaat
    edited May 2013
    The base damage means you can easily farm, though most of the time you won't be doing it. (Though holy crap can you harass enemy heroes at lvl 1) When I play him now, I just sit in lane and constantly spam living armor. You'll give your team such a wild ass advantage early that most enemy teams will never come back from the deficit.

You do have to know how to abuse his invis though. I see people play him all the time and they never use it. Because you can cast spells and use items without popping the invis, you can do some amazing shit.
    Dark_Side on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    The base damage means you can easily deny

fixed
    (Mostly) Competitive Gaming Blog Updated May 3rd. Ramblings!
    Just lost 2 games in a row to him.
    korrasig2.jpg
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    The cost of living armor combined with his innate mana regen at lvl 1 means you can essentially chain cast the armor and not run out of mana. Makes the early laning stages really delightful.
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I played a match of ogre magi last night and was having pretty good luck.

This is what it was pretty much:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4AFQc4ZrvA
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So I played a game as treant.

Hilarious, just spamming living armor all over the field while pulling and occassionally walking into lane to help the dude I was "laning" with. And once teamfights started I just walked into the middle, ulted and waddled out barely surviving, making sure to spam living armor on whoever was ending up focused. We had a qop who did so many crazy ballsy things and just got away due to it.
    SC2EU/US: Frozenzen.437 Steam: Frozenzen
  • reVersereVerse The shadow's come to stay Registered User regular
    GD Studio stream wins with a surprise cat.
  • BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    Man i love watching the pro games in client.
    Steam ID : BigKev87
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Anyone having problems connecting?

gamertag: Canadianllama
  • mtsmts Registered User regular
    GD studio has a good casting team. enjoyed them.

anyways, i think the days of aL being a high tier team is past, they really have had issues with a lot of up and coming teams
    camo_sig.png
  • DomhnallDomhnall Registered User regular
    Disco11 wrote: »

Yeah, I can't connect.
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Domhnall wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »

Yeah, I can't connect.

Pretty sad. Have a random day off today and was exited that I could chill and watch some live games but It's not looking like that will happen.

gamertag: Canadianllama
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I was able to connect to the first match but this other match I can't seem to get anything.

It seems really problematic for this courier to upgrade based on "watching games" if the watch system is capped at ~40k viewers from the looks of it.
    Corp.Shephard on
  • Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 Registered User regular
    Seems like the courier is still getting "games watched" even though I can't connect either. Mixed results from people right now, but yeah, shit's fucked.
    "Famished dogs follow slowly as my own paws drag me to a dock, / to the last plank where I struggle to deny myself the path that every Pisces craves, /
    ... and I cough for every crater that I could see, / on the surface of that coffin we've come to call the moon." Circle Takes the Square
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    You can still get games watched from replays. You do miss out on item drops, but 1 in 50k is pretty long odds anyway.
    edited May 2013
    It started working again as the game was starting. [Retracted] should have won that game, I'm regretting picking them as my 2nd in the west.
    BigKev on
  • milskimilski Registered User regular
    That whole "don't say the results of matches unspoiled" thing should still be in effect for this international, right?
    Steam ID: Milski
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying playing as lich in a support role. I'm not enjoying trying to play support in PUG.
  • SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    Lich is a beast, half of the time he ends up carrying in pugs.
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    For the most part I'm not interested in the qualifiers. I do want to watch all the LGD.cn games since they're much better than everyone else. If they lose that'd be one hell of an upset. If they win, I get to watch lgd.cn murder everybody which would be fucking awesome:).
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    That whole "don't say the results of matches unspoiled" thing should still be in effect for this international, right?

I hope so.

Indications as to which games are most worth watching are always welcome, however.
    edited May 2013
    milski wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot. Will do.

BigKev on
    Sirson wrote: »
    Lich is a beast, half of the time he ends up carrying in pugs.

That's what I've found in a couple games. Also tired of getting bitched at when I back away from a teamfight when I'm being focused. I'm dead in 3 seconds otherwise, buddy.
    ok , dddota vs empire is probably not worth watching

however if you like awesome puck play watch game 2
    scandal of empire was insane, and was the entire team for a while but had no support
    camo_sig.png
    Lich is awesome until someone rushes pipe.

Oh boy, that was not something I was aware of. Yeah, pipe would make his ultimate useless. I guess the counter would be a refresher orb so you can go 2 ult's back to back?
  • king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »

Oh boy, that was not something I was aware of. Yeah, pipe would make his ultimate useless. I guess the counter would be a refresher orb so you can go 2 ult's back to back?

Or just wait it out. Nothing says you need to throw your ult right away unless it's to stop a black-hole or something. Make sure ice armor is up, throw out your nuke, and when the pipe drops (assuming there aren't waves of creeps around) throw that shit out.
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
    Seems like the guy with the pipe would be waiting to see the orb go from the ult no? (Assuming lich was the only guy around worth using pipe for)
    Nah, I wouldn't go refresher. If pipe shows up early, which it won't in a pub, you will have be more judicious about when you ult. Lich is an early game monster, he falls off a bit late, and since in most pubs pipe doesn't ever show up early, you probably don't have to worry. If it does, you just buy up utility aura items.
    OH MAN , this game second round of west quals
    OD, treant, saving dudes, melting faces
    camo_sig.png
    Living armor is RIDICULOUS!!!
    BigKev wrote: »
    Living armor is RIDICULOUS!!!

I am still kind of surprised by how well
    DD is playing, I had not really heard anything about them. the score didn't really show it, but man did they control the game
    camo_sig.png