Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I have always been too good for 4chan.

Always.

That said, I expected better out of SA. I had always figured it was just PA but bigger.

But they're also much angrier, spergier, and more Marxist.

they have pretty great stuff for lifestyle- you might not like their WAYWT type threads (super hipster, if that's not your thing) but they have very information-dense, good megathreads on watches, suits, weightlifting, running, etc

I actually started getting into the men's fashion subreddits and started trying to do more of that while I was away. I would like to believe my wardrobe is at least 70% more hipster than previously.

For instance, I have started wearing skinny jeans. My legs look fucking fantastic.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    @desc sounds good yo!

@Dread Pirate Arbuthnot I fell asleep :P but it's here!
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    i moderate GameFAQs, specifically the 3DO and related forums
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    4chan is fine

people overplay how awful it is

desk is right about not having to craft an internet persona

i don't even post there

i'm just glad it's a place that exists on the internet

it probably does save the fbi a lot of time
    I could never be a moderator.

I would have to be an extremerator.
    vspgsp.jpg
    i didn't really post anywhere before here i don't think.

i think i got my start posting in really early NYT forums, back when they did those? i can't think of anywhere i posted before then.

i posted for a little bit at styleforum, but the people there are pretty horrible so i stopped.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    internet is for nerd
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    4chan is fine

people overplay how awful it is

desk is right about not having to craft an internet persona

i don't even post there

i'm just glad it's a place that exists on the internet

it probably does save the fbi a lot of time

uh huh

• CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    I was on 4chan, then NeoGAF and was there for awhile and then I was on an off shoot forum for awhile where I was a mod (big mistake) and then I started focusing on PA.

First I tried AC before settling on D and/or D and trying to fit in with the cool kids.

wow

you must have had a great time on 4chan, what with not being white or male and all

It was worse on NeoGAF and the forum that I moderated after that.

trust me.

that must be quite a claim to fame for them

"we're even more toxic than 4chan, seriously don't come here"
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    I personally blame 4chan for an entire generation of American pedophiles.

I don't care if this is entirely accurate, I'm sure they at least didn't help.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i posted on some idiotic rp something forum when i was in late elementary school or something
    back in aol days

bahaha
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

Always.

That said, I expected better out of SA. I had always figured it was just PA but bigger.

they have pretty great stuff for lifestyle- you might not like their WAYWT type threads (super hipster, if that's not your thing) but they have very information-dense, good megathreads on watches, suits, weightlifting, running, etc

I actually started getting into the men's fashion subreddits and started trying to do more of that while I was away. I would like to believe my wardrobe is at least 70% more hipster than previously.

For instance, I have started wearing skinny jeans. My legs look fucking fantastic.

one thing to note- and this may or may not be important to you- is that r/malefashionadvice is extremely, extremely safe. that can be totally ok and maybe you have a subdued style and it's the exact thing you need to make you not make easy mistakes.

but their 'recommended outfit' is extremely predictable and they can be a little hostile to fashion forward ideas.

so like, they're gonna want you to get a pair of beeswax desert boots by clarks, and then brown AE strands. then it'll be a pair of levi's 511s and uniqlo or jcrew shirts- with a jcrew or brooks brothers or something sweater. they're going to tell you to take it easy with colors, get a good bottom-top contrast but nothing too loud or adventurous.

ain't nothing wrong with going crazier than that, lots of interesting outfits that fall outside those specs.

icy could add a functionality "to infract post, punch the monitor"

oh this is important

winky I was arguing with someone while you were gone

my memory says it was my ap kogmaw that caused you to punch monitor

this other person thinks they were the cause

who is right

Always.

one thing to note- and this may or may not be important to you- is that r/malefashionadvice is extremely, extremely safe. that can be totally ok and maybe you have a subdued style and it's the exact thing you need to make you not make easy mistakes.

but their 'recommended outfit' is extremely predictable and they can be a little hostile to fashion forward ideas.

so like, they're gonna want you to get a pair of beeswax desert boots by clarks, and then brown AE strands. then it'll be a pair of levi's 511s and uniqlo or jcrew shirts- with a jcrew or brooks brothers or something sweater. they're going to tell you to take it easy with colors, get a good bottom-top contrast but nothing too loud or adventurous.

ain't nothing wrong with going crazier than that, lots of interesting outfits that fall outside those specs.

I figure that at this stage it's probably best for me to take it safe, anyway.

You give me a pair of neon colored pants and I'm gonna have no fucking clue how to drive those things.
    vspgsp.jpg
    all the forums i posted on other than here are now defunct

this is the second forum i ever signed up to though

i guess i lucked out by randomly finding one worth staying in
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • MimMim Registered User regular

Always.

r/femalefashionadvice has actually gotten a lot more friendly to alternative fashion ideas (i.e. punk/goth styled clothes)
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I was a mod on a very popular Runescape forum and a mod on a Halo forum

I ABUSED MY POWER

did the proles bribe you with hats
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    man i just realized that I haven't had anything to eat since lunch yesterday.

how am i still a fatty
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Fashion is mysterious to me.

Always.

r/femalefashionadvice has actually gotten a lot more friendly to alternative fashion ideas (i.e. punk/goth styled clothes)

*dons hot pink sweatpants*

oh this is important

who is right

It was Kogmaw ults.

I kept walking into Kogmaw ults as Corki.

I mean, the rest of your team wasn't helping my psychological state, though.
    vspgsp.jpg
    “He doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want his core customers to see people who aren’t as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they’re one of the ‘cool kids.’”

[...]

“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,” he told the site. “Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely."

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/
    “He doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want his core customers to see people who aren’t as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they’re one of the ‘cool kids.’”

[...]

“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids,” he told the site. “Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely."

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

@feral
    ronya wrote: »
    I was a mod on a very popular Runescape forum and a mod on a Halo forum

I ABUSED MY POWER

did the proles bribe you with hats

people would not stop talking shit about ponytails
    If I remember correctly my first ever forum was the "How to Draw Manga" forum. Eventually this led me to join the PA so I could hang out at the AC. The rest is history.
    vspgsp.jpg
    Shivahn wrote: »

yup

jeans + t-shirt + hoodie + vans = legal to leave the house
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    man corki is the best champion

don't play corki winky you're ruining him
    i love fashion

i need to stop being a fat pig so i can express my fashion love in more exciting ways :3
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Tav isn't that the horrible site that was linked yesterday

I feel its credibility is ranked somewhere lower than the Daily Mail
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

Scheduling a shopping trip

Let's get frabjous
    so organichu is tav

[...]

that dude is so ugly

he looks like a fetal alcohol syndrome mr potatohead

gty_michael_jeffries_abercrombie_mi_121019_wg.jpg
    220px-Mike_Jeffries.jpeg

oh this is important

who is right

It was Kogmaw ults.

I kept walking into Kogmaw ults as Corki.

I mean, the rest of your team wasn't helping my psychological state, though.

YESSSS

now if I could just remember who I was arguing with I could rub it in their faaaaaace

fuck : (
  • MimMim Registered User regular

Always.

would wear.

i would rock the shit out of it.

i feel like you can wear anything really as long as you have the confidence to pull it off or else it looks terrible on you.
    the_man_behind_abercrombie_fitch.jpg
    really, i need to stop dressing the same way i did when i was 20

hard habit to shake though
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Tav isn't that the horrible site that was linked yesterday

I feel its credibility is ranked somewhere lower than the Daily Mail

the first quote is from a Business Insider writer, the second from the man himself

the rest of the article is a bit trashy, yes, but the quotes seem very self explanatory

Always.

would wear.

i would rock the shit out of it.

i feel like you can wear anything really as long as you have the confidence to pull it off or else it looks terrible on you.

girl, no
This discussion has been closed.