Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

North Country [chat]land

• LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Vodafone keeps sending me emails because some dude in the UK thinks that he has my email address. I've gotten Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards from his family members ( I notified Amazon, I am not a monster), the other day he made reservations for Hollywood Bowling (I resisted the urge to cancel for about 20 minutes) and I get his vodafone bill notifications and other spam.

I just clicked unsubscribe (again) and in the explanation field I typed this:

I don't even live in the UK you silly wankers.

That's what you say, right? Wankers?

Sod off.

You disappoint me.
    Think of all the cool shit that guy won't be buying on Amazon because you spent all his money.
    Think about when he shows up to bowl but there's a bunch of dip shit teenagers in his lane.
    Think about how the redcoats burned our sacred capitol and they deserve your torment.

But bowties are cool :(
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    My banana ice cream looks a little bit like feces, but hey, what ice cream doesn't? Super tasty though. Made entirely of bananas, cinnamon, and unsweetened cocao powder.

8720217977_bdf4fa28a4.jpg

It really does have the exact same texture as ice cream. Like, I feel guilty about eating it right now.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Still waiting on governor walker to pass a law creating jobs or do something with education that can't be described with the word "gutting'

um the gutting is how he creates jobs duh

see if we fire public sector employees that frees up that money for private sector to pay people

because there's a finite amount of money and things that can be done for money and if we employ someone that's a real job being lost somewhere, maybe 2 because they could hire 2 people for half as much

which is why we cannot end slavery because there aren't 3.9 million job openings
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    So someone explain this Neverwinter shit to me.

Like, what, they only have three seasons?
    vspgsp.jpg
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    i know an inordinate amount about the poultry industry

when i was in b-school i had to do a commercial feasibility study on a vaccine for a virus that kills chickens

I do bar related projects as often as possible.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Vodafone keeps sending me emails because some dude in the UK thinks that he has my email address. I've gotten Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards from his family members ( I notified Amazon, I am not a monster), the other day he made reservations for Hollywood Bowling (I resisted the urge to cancel for about 20 minutes) and I get his vodafone bill notifications and other spam.

Sod off.

Yeah, I have an old gmail account involving trolling and people keep trying to use it for shit, but I always just reply and ask for the account to be deleted.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
    hey you know what you can do with bananas that doesn't make it look like runny pedigree diarrhea? Stick a banana in the freezer. Eat it frozen. Same effect.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

In their world Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was just Ted's Excellent Adventure.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Sod off.

You disappoint me.
    Think of all the cool shit that guy won't be buying on Amazon because you spent all his money.
    Think about when he shows up to bowl but there's a bunch of dip shit teenagers in his lane.
    Think about how the redcoats burned our sacred capitol and they deserve your torment.

But bowties are cool :(

Good news.
    Bow ties originated from Croatian mercenaries during the Prussian wars.
    No English involvement.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I mean, if the problem was people overspending or buying junk food, the obvious solution would be more education before resorting to drastic measures.

1. You're terrible

2. I've been talking to you all day like you never left. Holy shit,you're back. Did they finally let you out of the hospital?

3. Just awful.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    hey you know what you can do with bananas that doesn't make it look like runny pedigree diarrhea? Stick a banana in the freezer. Eat it frozen. Same effect.

Freeze it then dip it in chocolate then eat it.
    h1DI1.jpg
  • FeralFeral Who needs a medical license when you've got style? Registered User regular

I appreciated this.
    I am comforted by Richard Dawkins’ theory of memes. Those are mental units: thoughts, ideas, gestures, notions, songs, beliefs, rhymes, ideals, teachings, sayings, phrases, clichés that move from mind to mind as genes move from body to body. After a lifetime of writing, teaching, broadcasting and telling too many jokes, I will leave behind more memes than many. They will all also eventually die, but so it goes. - Roger Ebert, I Do Not Fear Death
    Seriously tho, tell me about Neverwinter.
    vspgsp.jpg

1. You're terrible

2. I've been talking to you all day like you never left. Holy shit,you're back. Did they finally let you out of the hospital?

3. Just awful.

The hospital?
    vspgsp.jpg
    The combat seems kind of boring considering that combat is pretty much 90 percent of what you will be doing. Then again, that is my complaint for pretty much every MMO I have played.
    edited May 2013
    I don't think anyone established that people on SNAP were overspending on junk food

After all you probably buy less soda on food stamps in a typical family than a lower middle class family that is not on assistance buys

If the problem is "poor people are too fat" it should be dealt with on a general level not on a "oh look we can do anything to the food stamps people because fuck them nobody is gonna stand up for em"
    override367 on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I had to read that 6 times before I got the joke.
    I am ashamed.

I think Echo said it best. Standard MMO but the combat is basically very MOBA-esque. All of your actions can be controlled with buttons radiating off of WASD and your mouse. Twitchy, real time-ish combat.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

I've played it about an hour yesterday after downloading it. I wasn't supposed to start playing as late as I did.

It's got a good basic flow to it as far as combat goes.
  • EddyEddy i ain't afraid of no ghosts Registered User regular
    NAMED AFTER THE FAMED KING NEVER,
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013

Well, it is in a rather cold and inhospitable region north of the sword coast, and used to be warmed by lava flows and hot springs under the city, making it hospitable any time of the year, thus deserving the name Lord Nasher gave it so long ago.

Then when 4th edition happened I guess the volcano kind of erupted and demon hellgates opened and the whole place went to shit or something.

**strokes his luxurious neckbeard**
    syndalis on
    meat.jpg
    Neverwinter should have a MOBA pvp mode

1. You're terrible

3. Just awful.

The hospital?

they locked you up right?

Well that's what I've been telling everyone.

...wait I think I started believing my own lie. Where did you go?
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I don't think anyone established that people on SNAP were overspending on junk food

After all you probably buy less soda on food stamps in a typical family than a lower middle class family that is not on assistance buys

If the problem is "poor people are too fat" it should be dealt with on a general level not on a "oh look we can do anything to the food stamps people because fuck them nobody is gonna stand up for em"

Right now it seems a little of "poor people are fat" and "poor people spend too much money on healthy food".

So

You can't really have it both ways.

Kill the poor and raise VAT.
    Lh96QHG.png
    There is actually a nice USDA article describing why food restrictions are kind of stupid.
    http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/menu/Published/snap/FILES/ProgramOperations/FSPFoodRestrictions.pdf
    Neverwinter should have a MOBA pvp mode

they already have tower capture. If they just turned them into turrets, stuck a jungle in between you'd have moba.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Couscous wrote: »
    There is actually a nice USDA article describing why food restrictions are kind of stupid.
    http://www.fns.usda.gov/ora/menu/Published/snap/FILES/ProgramOperations/FSPFoodRestrictions.pdf

yeah but research is for nerrrrrrrrrrrrds they had this receipt that showed that some people bought lobster with foodstamps on drudgereport WELFARE QUEENS
    kaleedity on
    edited May 2013
    I vastly prefer offering additional food stamp money on specific healthy items

By making it an incentive rather than a penalty it makes retailers more likely to implement any required changes as opposed to simple not accepting SNAP (again, not a concern for a Wal-Mart, but Joe's corner store? it really is, and wisconsin has tens or hundreds of thousands of rural poor people)
    override367 on
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    moba sounds like a snake to me
    919UOwT.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4sqG85FU4

1. You're terrible

3. Just awful.

The hospital?

they locked you up right?

Well that's what I've been telling everyone.

...wait I think I started believing my own lie. Where did you go?

Away.

I just took a break from the forums to go on a spirit journey.

I have ascended and now my journey is complete.
    vspgsp.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti4sqG85FU4

i cant see youtubes anymore :[
    919UOwT.png

this is a good pdf
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I hope Rick Scott doesn't find out I've been using food stamps to buy fresh vegetables, whole wheat bread, brown rice, and beans.

Someone should really come make sure I'm only getting maltomeal cereals, kraft dinner, and wonder bread.

whoa, wait

back the fuck up

why you hatin' on kraft dinner and wonder bread

I think Echo said it best. Standard MMO but the combat is basically very MOBA-esque. All of your actions can be controlled with buttons radiating off of WASD and your mouse. Twitchy, real time-ish combat.

Right, but what is this stuff about making your own dungeons or am I confusing it with something else?

Because basically I want player created content up in here or I OUT.
    vspgsp.jpg
    you know what I think I'm going to go into work early and make an extra $7

wooo
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

You are right; it would fit soundly in the names Razer makes.

Like The Razer Naga, the Razer Orochi, Razer Moba
    meat.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

yeah but research is for nerrrrrrrrrrrrds they had this receipt that showed that some people bought lobster with foodstamps on drudgereport WELFARE QUEENS

Last summer, it was cheaper per pound for my brother to buy lobster then ground beef if he got the lobster from the local fish market. That's because he lives near the coast and the efforts to rebuild the lobster beds have been paying off in spades so there was a glut at the docks.
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    you know what I think I'm going to go into work early and make an extra $7

wooo

please tell me that's not your hourly wage for skilled labor
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
This discussion has been closed.