Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat]on Oswalt

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    god dammit you plebes

get some hot italian sausage. brown that in a pot with some garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and diced onion.

dump some crushed and puree'd tomatoes ontop, to suit your preference for chunkyness. also add a can of water (this is going to cook for a while)

add spices. basil, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper, more garlic, a little bit of sugar.

if you have made meatballs (god fucking help you if they were once frozen) you should be putting them in there now.

stir to combine, then turn your stove on low, and walk away, and let it cook for a few hours. check every now and then to make sure it isn't getting too hot.

you and the missus both get home from a long day at work, and you are craving some italian. It is 7pm. you want to be eating by no later than 8. Your recipe fails in this specific circumstance.

Like I said, what you described is noticeably better, but the alternative is not only passable, but can be pretty darn good if you don't buy the cheap stuff.

true, but something you can do is make it when you have time, then freeze some smaller portions in tupperware. it takes foresight (you have to pull it out of the freezer the night before to thaw) but it helps make it a bit more convinent.
    Gooey wrote:
    if you have made meatballs (god fucking help you if they were once frozen) you should be putting them in there now.

WHAT IS IT, GOOEY

YOU CHARLATAN

choco! look over there!

*runs away*

It is kind of like that movie Bloodsport.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I should go out and buy white t-shirts.

I have a few ones that fit me well in a kinda stretchy fabric that basically never get rumpled and aren't too thick and fit really well and are super comfy

and I have cotton t-shirts that are huge and holey

but first of all I should get some button up shirts.
    xlh6c3.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    bowen wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Where should an adult male be looking for casual summer clothes that don't look like total shit, men of this thread that don't dress like total shit
    edit: forgot where i was posting, you can all ignore this

Anything that doesn't involve Crocs.

Just go with jorts and meme shirts.

You can't lose.

#1 Summer Outfit

Hat: 2 tone trucker hat in horrific contrasting colors.
    Shirt: Wife beater (Alt. Open flannel shirt with "wolf" tshirt or meme tshirt underneath it)
    Pants: Short jorts where the pockets hang below the cutoff.
    Feet: Crocs (Alt. Knee-high socks with sandals/flipflops)

TTODewback on
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    ok

real talk

this does not go beyond this thread

my mum used to be a home economics teacher, and with the exception of a few staples, she is a lousy cook

i did not know home cooking could be anything more than passable until i started dating my ex who kicked ass at everything food related

it also goes without saying that i myself cannot cook squat other than a bacon sandwich
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    The questions on this online application, man...
    An employee dropped a box of items while stocking shelves and then kicked the box, breaking other items. Which of the following is the most logical reason that this employee broke additional items?
    • The employee accidentally kicked the box while trying to clean up his mess.
    • The employee was so upset from dropping the box that he just could not help himself.
    • There were only five boxes of merchandise on the floor.
    • The company needs to invest in sturdier boxes.
    network_sig2.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    bonobos is on the pricier end but they do a 20% off your first purchase if you sign up for their newsletter thing

Man, when I hear or read "bonobos" I can only think of the monkeys that fuck all the time.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    DBT7ZRX.jpg

this revolution is going to have shitty t-shirts

xH1WLUH.jpg
    Casual wrote: »
    ok

real talk

my mum used to be a home economics teacher, and with the exception of a few staples, she is a lousy cook

i did not know home cooking could be anything more than passable until i started dating my ex who kicked ass at everything food related

it also goes without saying that i myself cannot cook squat other than a bacon sandwich

@Casual's Mother
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular
    Okay, time to run again - don't [chat] too much while I am gone
    meat.jpg
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    bonobos is on the pricier end but they do a 20% off your first purchase if you sign up for their newsletter thing

Man, when I hear or read "bonobos" I can only think of the monkeys that fuck all the time.

monkeys love bright red shorts and linen shirts, it's true
    919UOwT.png
    ok

real talk

@Casual's Mother

FAK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    R.I.P Sir Check

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    so i passed all my classes and im continuing with honors

which means i gotta keep going to school, i got no excuses

s i g h

what is this shit

you did well at something. wear it.

I'm sooooooooooooo sick of school.

everyone is sick of school

if everyone wasn't sick of school we would all be super phds and dropping chalk on the regular

Yeah I guess I've just been going since 2009 and I still need sooo many credits

I'm going to be going to school part time for years at this rate
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    An employee dropped a box of items while stocking shelves and then kicked the box, breaking other items. Which of the following is the most logical reason that this employee broke additional items?
    • The employee was so upset from dropping the box that he just could not help himself.

What is this?
    A: The employee is a frustrated douchebag that kicked the box.
    Do I win?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    slides are shitty comms tools
    Deebaser wrote: »

What is this?
    Do I win?

could be a trap

they're trying to gauge what your most likley responce would be
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    OKAY I HAVE ONE WEEKEND TO WRITE 5000 WURDS
    I hate stupid questions like that on applications. Is it for a job that at least pays decent?
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

What is this?
    Do I win?

could be a trap

It's a trap. They want you to assume good faith mistake rather than assume people are assholes right off the bat.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    ZNvpGKP.jpg
    Farmer Shu Mansheng prepares to take off with his homemade ultralight aircraft in Wuhan, Hubei province, on May 10, 2010.
    2JFXNlw.jpg
    Shu Mansheng takes off in his aircraft, in Wuhan, on May 10, 2010. The 4.5-meter-long (15ft) ultralight, powered by two motor engines, took Shu eight months to build and cost him 5,000 yuan (733 USD), local media reported.
    2Mcbdhu.jpg
    Shu Mansheng's ultralight aircraft crashes after taking off in Wuhan, on May 10, 2010.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    OKAY I HAVE ONE WEEKEND TO WRITE 5000 WURDS

that is a lot
    which should actually be really easy, all things considered, I have no end of literature to discuss and cite and lots of juicy data to talk about. i'm positive i'll be scrambling to clip words by Saturday evening

I shall be AAAAAAAHHHHing in chat a lot if the, um, data analysis part doesn't gimme the results I want though
    I hate stupid questions like that on applications. Is it for a job that at least pays decent?

they're asking questions about shelf stacking

what do you think?
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    DBT7ZRX.jpg

this revolution is going to have shitty t-shirts

The Pillsbury revolution will be the most delicious of the revolutions.
    dkmouthsig.png

What is this?
    Do I win?

could be a trap

But...I worked stock. I've worked with others in stock. If you told me a dude dropped a box then kicked it, I wouldn't think "Oh. That must have been an accident" I would think it's a rage tantrum from some 20 year old making a nickel above minimum wage.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    oh no

i have a reputation as the 'idea person' in my company now

oh no
    I hope Shu Mansheng is okay! emot-ohdear.png
    Get to it Ronya. BARK BARK
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Riker is not human.
    oh no

oh no

Dread Muse Arbuthnot
    spool32 wrote: »

What is this?
    Do I win?

could be a trap

It's a trap. They want you to assume good faith mistake rather than assume people are assholes right off the bat.

i hate the fact i actually figured this out

it means im starting to think like them
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    oh no

oh no

Now you can put that on your resume and get big bucks in the startup scene
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

What is this?
    Do I win?

could be a trap

Yeah it's a personality test.

It seems like he dropped the box because he was a douchebutt and tried to carry too much at once, and didn't realize what had happened and kicked the others by mistake. But the other answers aren't there, like
    • Pissed at his supervisor for not giving him time off work that he needs to see his mom at the hospital
    • Is actually going to steal the ones that didn't break and write the whole box off as a loss
    • Doesn't give a fuck because he's paid federal minimum wage to put boxes from truck to shelf

Of course they don't want to hear those answers, though.
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Riker is not human.

Somewhere there is a planet full of Rikers.
    oh no

oh no

A "Good" idea person?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Cinders wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Riker is not human.

Somewhere there is a planet full of Rikers.

Just beards attached to hosts.

I can't be the only one who saw this emoticon as a buck-toothed racist asian caricature.
    dkmouthsig.png
    oH7fREV.jpg
    Women wearing nylon masks walk toward the shore during a visit to a beach in Qingdao, Shandong province, on July 6, 2012. The mask, which was invented by a Chinese woman about seven years ago, is used to block the sun's rays. The mask is now under mass production and is on sale at local swimwear stores.

These masks are creepy looking.

I can't be the only one who saw this emoticon as a buck-toothed racist asian caricature.

you are
    R.I.P Sir Check

??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    Why do these ladies want to look like mexican wrestlers at the beach?
    dkmouthsig.png
This discussion has been closed.