Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Oh man I'm so far behind on Bombasts, just now starting the 4/16 one
  • dwareydwarey Registered User regular
    I wish I was behind. I've gotten so used to listening to Bombcasts while I game that I'm now going through ones from years ago just so it's somewhat fresh.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Retro Bombcasts rule anyway
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    how can you listen to old bomb casts?

The would not seem as relevant.
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    I imagine it might be interesting to hear their discussion of news from the past.

I know that when I archive binged Penny Arcade, that was a draw for the older comics. Seeing their reaction to things in the industry that I hadn't seen their reaction to before.
    acblackflag.jpg
    Maybe it's just because I've been following this kinda stuff in one form or another for so long but it mostly always just seemed same shit different day to me.

Except for the shift in tone in the discussion of minority representation in games.
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    hotline miami is pretty fun

but my mmb is wonky so it makes aiming harder than it probably should be : (
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 The Neal Deal Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

The stuff I listen to the bombcast for is not the stuff that gets less relevant a year later, such as freaky hummingbird masks and knife vs. bat debates.
    Stop making me wanna play it. :(
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I don't listen to podcasts for relevance, I listen to them for entertainment

And retro anything is entertaining. Examples include old Bombcasts, I Love Lucy reruns, classic MST3K, and the Space Jam website.
    Sweeney Tom on
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

The stuff I listen to the bombcast for is not the stuff that gets less relevant a year later, such as freaky hummingbird masks and knife vs. bat debates.

you have a good point.
    I'm just too damn old to dig through what 5 years of old 3 hour long podcasts.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it is really interesting to listen to them talk about project natal.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    it is really interesting to listen to them talk about project natal.

Man, I haven't even thought about that stuff in ages now.

I like to think it was that period that finally convinced Microsoft that Molyneux was out of his goddamn mind.
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • dwareydwarey Registered User regular
    I love any time that they try to make predictions about something and they're either completely right or completely wrong. I was just listening to stuff in early 2011 where they're talking about being ready to end this console cycle and the next consoles have to be out by 2013.

Also, it's always weird to hear them talk in-depth about a game that has been lost in time. Things always seem so important when they're new. With the exception of a handful of games, you're never going to be as passionate about a game as you are when it's just come out and you're playing it for the first time.

Conversely, almost all of the games they talk about in retro bombcasts are ones that I already have some kind of opinion about, even if that opinion is apathy.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I first learned about the Bombcast a couple weeks before I went on vacation to Minnesota.

Before I left for the flight, I downloaded a bunch of their older episodes so I had something to listen to on the flight. They were still really entertaining, even if some of the stuff wasn't exactly timely.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    dwarey wrote: »
    I love any time that they try to make predictions about something and they're either completely right or completely wrong. I was just listening to stuff in early 2011 where they're talking about being ready to end this console cycle and the next consoles have to be out by 2013.

Jeff said recently on Twitter that if you spend enough time talking into a microphone, eventually some of your predictions come true.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg

Jeff said recently on Twitter that if you spend enough time talking into a microphone, eventually some of your predictions come true.

It's pretty much what Michael Pachter's relying on.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

It's pretty much what Michael Pachter's relying on.

And makes a healthy living off of

I just made myself sad
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    isn't Pachter's job something else and he just shows up on gametrailers for fun
    personaqn.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    isn't Pachter's job something else and he just shows up on gametrailers for fun

He's a video game, social media, and electronics analyst.
    camo_sig2.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    oh god i just realized

there's not going to be any more dave fortress is there
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    oh god i just realized

there's not going to be any more dave fortress is there

As you know he said he's not going to be a stranger to the office and there's even a Neverwinter QL in the works. You should ask him on Twitter to be sure, though.
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    There not being any more Dave Fortress is unlikely to be because Dave no longer works at Giant Bomb and more to do with it being Dwarf Fortress.
    aqMzB.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Gamertag: Car1gt // Facebook // Twitter
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    I think giving Dave more free time only increases the chances of Dave Fortress.
    snasi.gif
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    I'm just too damn old to dig through what 5 years of old 3 hour long podcasts.

Why not try the This Year Collection? Impeccably curated for all your archive needs

Please also be trying GFW Radio, The Hotspot, and the original Idle Thumbs podcast.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, This Year is a really smart idea

All the This Year Bombcasts have just been a joy to listen to
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
    edited May 2013
    Fire Emblem update: Sully is awesome. I like a lot of characters so far, but from a personality standpoint she's my favourite.
    PaperLuigi44 on
    edited May 2013
    Fire Emblem update: Sully is awesome. I like a lot of characters so far, but from a personality standpoint she's my favourite.

That is why I had Chrom Marry her.

NOTE: Paladin Sully is a killing machine.
    Uriel on
    Yes, Paladin, that was the class I was thinking of promoting her to (since Frederick is a Great Knight I believe). I am very certain I'm pairing Chrom with my avatar, though.
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142384889
    Blade Analyzer Pro is the latest consumer software product from Zilla Enterprises' weapons division and is designed to identify and catalog all manner of swords, knives, and other blades of historical significance. Originally developed for private use by Zilla Enterprises founder and renown sword collector Orochi Zilla, Blade Analyzer Pro uses your PC's camera to scan any sword or knife in your collection and cross-reference it with a robust database of blades to analyze and identify any item in your collection. Users can then organize their collection by sword type, period of use, price, and rarity to create a customized online catalog to share with other sword collectors around the world.

Zilla is the villain from Shadow Warrior.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I haven't finished watching it, but I made a few (huge) gifs from Unprofessional Friday. One is Drew's and Patrick's reaction to the RC car game crashing, and the other is Patrick making silly faces at the camera after moving to the couch so Jeff can use the PC. Spoilered because they're 5mb and I'm too tired now to go through and remove frames to make them smaller. Pardon the photobucket, but I'm tired, they're huge, and it actually allowed me to upload them.
    Cormac on
    CormacSignature.jpg
    Steam: Gridlynk SWTOR: Cento/Darson
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Look
    HKShip%202013-05-12%2001-09-34-55.jpg
    I just killed a vampire with a buzzsaw

is it just me or does every single voice actor in Nightmare at North Point have their own different pronunciation for "jiang shi"
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I wish Jeff Green could be a permanent guest on the bombcast.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Level 5 has lost all my goodwill toward them

They may have made Dark Cloud 1 and 2, but that was a decade ago

If they make Dark Cloud 3 they are solid for another twenty years or so

Play Jeanne D'arc

Whoa, that's a Level-5 joint? I'd pick it up but it never came out in PAL territories, and flipping to my US PSN account is such a pain now that I have PS+
    edited May 2013
    Ceno wrote: »

I really hope we get more Dadcasts. Next time with Gary.
    Jintor on
    I AM A PROPHET
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Jintor wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »

I really hope we get more Dadcasts. Next time with Gary.

Well speak of the goddamned devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdGVSCmzWY

YESSSSSS
    2wrn580.png
    New Dadcast = best Mother's Day