Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• JC of DIJC of DI I thought humans were more evolved than thisRegistered User regular
    Nah for real try verifying the Steam files. That's generally my first step when a game is acting wonky.
    CHemsworthSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Delete pickupthepurse.blob.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Knee break followed by a soccer kick to the face is basically how I take out the first dude in any fight.
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Knee break followed by a soccer kick to the face is basically how I take out the first dude in any fight.

Roundhouse kick(s) or tackle to the ground + punch for me.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Ha ha I actually saw Metal Gear Risk at a game store I frequent.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    question for people that have a 3dsxl: I don't like the dpad on the normal 3ds very much, it's very stiff and it feels like it's not raised up quite enough. How do the dpad and buttons feel on the xl?
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    You can't have Metal Gear Risk. Risk makes sense.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    metal gear makes perfect sense

...according to its own twisted internal logic
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    Finally sat down and committed to beating
    Marie's Dungeon
    in P4 Golden. Wasn't as bad as I expected, and it was quite fitting that I killed the boss using Kaguya.

Also I really kinda want that New Leaf XL.
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    mgs_risk_collector.jpg
    Product Description
    War has changed. Private Military Companies have taken the place of state armies as the world's primary war machines. As the fires of war continue to spread, take command and wage the ultimate battle for supremacy. Hire one of eight legendary bosses to lead your soldiers, including Solid Snake, Raiden and Liquid Ocelot. Coordinate with arms dealers to gain tactical advantages over those who would oppose you. The age of deterrence is now the age of control. He who controls the battlefield, controls history. RISK: Metal Gear Solid Collector's Edition features customized game board, first-ever mobile territory in a RISK game, the Outer Haven game board and game piece (measures 3 long).Over 290 custom game pieces:5 PMC Armies 8 Bosse sOuter Haven Battleship Drebin's Shop CardsTerritory Cards PMC Headquarters Custom Outer Haven Game Board Custom Earth Game Board 7 dice
    someone buy me this

You actually control warring nanomachines in someone's body.
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    a mobile territory is a really cool idea for RISK. good job, Metal Gear.
    ETqXK.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous WALK 3X FASTER New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I saw one of those yesterday.

If I hadn't already spent my game money on Dragons Dogma I might've gotten it.
    achar_zpse53d43a1-1_zps5cd88fc4.jpg
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: WaffleMous#1483
    on a related note it is weirdly hard to find a cool metal gear RAY model/figure

not uh

not that i was looking to buy one

or anything

not uh

or anything

All the figurines I would like to get don't exist, save for the Normandy SR-2 I have. Which is probably good for my budget's sake.
    edited May 2013
    double post
    PaperLuigi44 on
    there's a lot of cool metal gear rexes but mgs2 is probably my favorite all-time game and mgs1... isn't
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    question for people that have a 3dsxl: I don't like the dpad on the normal 3ds very much, it's very stiff and it feels like it's not raised up quite enough. How do the dpad and buttons feel on the xl?

it's noticeably better on the XL
    personaqn.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I have spent way more money on figurines than I'd like to admit.

A collection of PVC statues of all the Straw Hat Pirates ain't cheap.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
    all of the cards have long manifestos written on them about how board games are just how the shadow governments of the world train the next generation to become military tacticians
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    in metal gear risk instead of rolling you dice you play an entire 2nd game of risk to decide the outcome of every single battle

Do you roll dice for that game or are we stuck in a Forever Loop?
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular

not uh

or anything

There are 2 as I recall. There's a Mini one, about 4 inches tall. There are sometimes some on eBay, but usually bundled with other MGS2 figures. However, most of the ones on eBay are knock offs of varying quality. I've also see bronze and silver coloured versions of the same figure, though I only have the coloured one.

The best one is the Macfarlane one. It's not hard to get but it's a pain in the ass and might be pricey. The parts were all sold separately with the other Macfarlane figures for MGS2 so you have to either get them all (and the Solidus sealed used to go for a bomb) to get Ray, or scrap around eBay looking for the ray parts separately without the other figures. It's tricky to assemble it, but it looks pretty good.
    yipyip3.png
    edited May 2013
    I hope they make a 3DS Lite that is the size of the OG but has the superior form factor of the XL
    -Tal on
    personaqn.png
    how much does the bigger screen on the xl damage the look of games
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Listening to the 2010 E3 bombcast and goddamn is Leigh Alexander a rowdy drunk, haha.
    Ashcroft wrote: »

not uh

or anything

There are 2 as I recall. There's a Mini one, about 4 inches tall. There are sometimes some on eBay, but usually bundled with other MGS2 figures. However, most of the ones on eBay are knock offs of varying quality. I've also see bronze and silver coloured versions of the same figure, though I only have the coloured one.

The best one is the Macfarlane one. It's not hard to get but it's a pain in the ass and might be pricey. The parts were all sold separately with the other Macfarlane figures for MGS2 so you have to either get them all (and the Solidus sealed used to go for a bomb) to get Ray, or scrap around eBay looking for the ray parts separately without the other figures. It's tricky to assemble it, but it looks pretty good.

that would explain why ebay has a bunch of ziplock baggies of loose Metal Gear RAY parts

why can't there just be a pointlessly expensive impractically large RAY for me to stuff on a shelf somewhere
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Speed buy me an XL please.

In exchange, I'll be your best friend and get you all the fruit in New Leaf.
    Emerlmaster999 on
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    I bought that MGS Risk game and immediately got the game going with five people and two of which were Risk vets.

After 3 turns we were so confused trying to use the new rules.

The pieces are really colorful though! And its pretty cool playing the game while looping all the MGS theme songs.
    steam_sig.png
    boooo

oh wait i thought you said it's not noticeably better on the xl

yaaaaay
    I bought that MGS Risk game and immediately got the game going with five people and two of which were Risk vets.

After 3 turns we were so confused trying to use the new rules.

The pieces are really colorful though! And its pretty cool playing the game while looping all the MGS theme songs.

you know i used to be all curmudgeonly about newer variations on risk with like missions and capitol cities and stuff

but then i realized one day that traditional risk isn't actually very fun to play
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    My only experience to Risk is the iOS and XBLA versions. I've been pretty anti-board game most of my life.
    steam_sig.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    My only experience to Risk is the iOS and XBLA versions. I've been pretty anti-board game most of my life.

well if Risk is your idea of a board game no wonder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    okay there's a pretty cheap auction on a full set of the metal gear ray pieces that i'm gonna keep an eye on

on a scale of 1-10 how terrible am i for being mad that it's labeled as the Marines prototype model from the beginning of the game and not one of the Arsenal Gear models from the ending
    how much does the bigger screen on the xl damage the look of games

it scales up just fine

no different that getting a bigger tv, the larger picture is worth it
    personaqn.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    mgs_risk_collector.jpg
    Product Description
    War has changed. Private Military Companies have taken the place of state armies as the world's primary war machines. As the fires of war continue to spread, take command and wage the ultimate battle for supremacy. Hire one of eight legendary bosses to lead your soldiers, including Solid Snake, Raiden and Liquid Ocelot. Coordinate with arms dealers to gain tactical advantages over those who would oppose you. The age of deterrence is now the age of control. He who controls the battlefield, controls history. RISK: Metal Gear Solid Collector's Edition features customized game board, first-ever mobile territory in a RISK game, the Outer Haven game board and game piece (measures 3 long).Over 290 custom game pieces:5 PMC Armies 8 Bosse sOuter Haven Battleship Drebin's Shop CardsTerritory Cards PMC Headquarters Custom Outer Haven Game Board Custom Earth Game Board 7 dice
    someone buy me this

You actually control warring nanomachines in someone's body.

Metal Gear Risk endgame story spoilers:
    but it's all a VR simulation
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig