Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    how much does the bigger screen on the xl damage the look of games

it makes playing the games way better

Something like Luigi's Mansion 2 or Mario 3D Land are so much better on the XL it's crazy
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Risk Legacy is the best version of risk

until your friends start naming continents after ponies

In our Legacy campaign, I managed to entirely lock down Australia. Nobody else could start there, no matter what. So during the draft, I never had to worry about placement order and could focus on other shit, giving me a pretty big boost right out the gate. With bonuses and everything, that continent became a goddang fortress for me.

They really shouldn't have let me do that.
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    okay there's a pretty cheap auction on a full set of the metal gear ray pieces that i'm gonna keep an eye on

on a scale of 1-10 how terrible am i for being mad that it's labeled as the Marines prototype model from the beginning of the game and not one of the Arsenal Gear models from the ending

I am still heavily considering getting this Metal Gear Rex sometime this summer.

I already bought the Square Enix figures of MGS1 Snake and Ninja so I can make a overly expensive diorama of their final scene together in MGS1.

Then I'll weep.
    steam_sig.png
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    I played a version of Risk called Godstorm (at least I think that was the name), based on mythology. One of the perks of the setting was that you could set up temples and bring dead armies back to life.

I was playing this with 2 other people, and one of them definitely had the upperhand. So myself and the other person decided to team up against him, forcing him all the way back to a Northern territory. The problem was, he had a temple set up there.

There were troops everywhere on his one piece of land. We ended up giving up because it was 3 in the morning, meaning to pick it back up when we woke up, but we never did.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Risk Legacy is the best version of risk

until your friends start naming continents after ponies

In our Legacy campaign, I managed to entirely lock down Australia. Nobody else could start there, no matter what. So during the draft, I never had to worry about placement order and could focus on other shit, giving me a pretty big boost right out the gate. With bonuses and everything, that continent became a goddang fortress for me.

They really shouldn't have let me do that.

It took two turns for my players to nuke Australia, making it much much harder to defend.

Then they took the next 23 games slowly turning it into a nuclear wasteland
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    Twin Snakes is the real events of Shadow Moses

MGS1 is the VR simulation that Raiden went through
    personaqn.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    @Langly has been trying to convince me we should get Risk Legacy to play with our group

it sounds like maybe that would be a good idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Tal wrote: »

The story I've heard is that MGS1 is what actually happened, Twin Snakes is the way Otacon would tell it
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    @Langly has been trying to convince me we should get Risk Legacy to play with our group

Half the game is figuring out how to fuck over your friends plans games in advance

So yes, you should
    EtrfZJ9.jpg?1?8021
    I really want to play Twin Snakes again and love for them to port it to 3DS.
    steam_sig.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    so many people go for australia that it's easier to pick up south america and creep into north america, giving you 7 bonus armies with only 3 entrances.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Risk Legacy is amazing.

And I don't even like normal Risk.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
    Mr. G wrote: »

The story I've heard is that MGS1 is what actually happened, Twin Snakes is the way Otacon would tell it

that's what the patriots want you to think

but the voice acting from Twin Snakes is what is used in MGS4

MGS1 has shitty controls because VR simulations are supposed to he harder than real life, it also has shitty graphics because it's not real life
    personaqn.png
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    My wife convinces me to play Risk every now and again and even when I'm actively trying to lose it still takes like four hours.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular

MGS1 has shitty controls because VR simulations are supposed to he harder than real life, it also has shitty graphics because it's not real life

but in mgs4 snake has dreams of MGS1
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    okay there's a pretty cheap auction on a full set of the metal gear ray pieces that i'm gonna keep an eye on

on a scale of 1-10 how terrible am i for being mad that it's labeled as the Marines prototype model from the beginning of the game and not one of the Arsenal Gear models from the ending

I am still heavily considering getting this Metal Gear Rex sometime this summer.

I already bought the Square Enix figures of MGS1 Snake and Ninja so I can make a overly expensive diorama of their final scene together in MGS1.

Then I'll weep.
    that thing is cool as shit but there is no world in which i can justify blowing six hundred dollars on a toy
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 5 will let you input the results of games of Metal Gear Risk and use that as a canon import for your save
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I still really love this TTS launch trailer. It basically goes through the whole game and shows off all the cool new scenes which I guess if it wasn't for the fact this was a remake it would have been a jerk of a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIOXiYW_jc4
    steam_sig.png

Then I'll weep.
    that thing is cool as shit but there is no world in which i can justify blowing six hundred dollars on a toy

and if i was inclined to spend that much money on toy robot replicas i would be spending it on this mother fucker: http://www.amazon.com/Max-Factory-MAX-Gokin-Big/dp/B004KSRI4O
    Balefuego wrote: »

Oh, yeah, it's fucking great

The thrill you get when you tear up a card for the first time is kinda hard to describe, but totally awesome
    WIMBLIN.jpg

but in mgs4 snake has dreams of MGS1

exactly

dreams may resemble reality but they are not accurate to it
    personaqn.png
    Ugh
    WIMBLIN.jpg
    yeah i like mine better

otacon all trying to impress a lady at a bar snake dragged him to
  • existexist Registered User regular
    twin snakes is the silicon knights remake of mgs1 and mgs1 is the ps1 konami original done by hideo kojima i cracked the code
    UmPiq.png
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    this thread has me looking at RISK Factions on steam

hrmmmmm
    2wrn580.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    fuck, you guys i am so close to eveing it again
    2T0N0a3.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    Thankfully nothing will ever happen with Twin Snakes, because it's utter shit. They somehow made it look ugly, with weird character models that look like reanimated corpses, and they ruin every scene by cramming too much bullshit into them, like a 13 year old unironically making a blingee animation.

And that's even before you get into the way the gameplay is completely fucked up by allowing MGS2 controls.
    yipyip3.png
    Twin Snakes is better than MGS1 in basically every respect

It's worse in every possible way. A turd in higher resolution is still just a turd.
    yipyip3.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    you a fool
    UmPiq.png
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Twin Snakes is better than MGS1 in basically every respect

It's worse in every possible way. A turd in higher resolution is still just a turd.

we found it

we found a post that makes a -tal post look credible
    2wrn580.png
  • YaYaYaYa ... ...wanna fight?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    oh shit I forgot to brag

so earlier on, when I was playing Persona 4 Golden, I went and bragged about beating Shadow Yukiko without Red Wall, and everyone said I shouldn't be proud because they nerfed the fight in Golden

well, geese, I did the unnerfed, unadulterated fight on the PS2 this weekend, no Red Wall again...

took her down in one try

sun

glasses
    YaYa on
    I made a web series! watch it here: http://bloodsuckingbooks.com
  • GundiGundi Respected Naturalist of Internet Fauna Registered User regular
    Monaco's multiplayer is incredibly fun.
    Go look at a youtube clip of a Twin Snakes cutscene. They look fucking awful. MGS plays better, it's better voiced, and whilst it's visuals are very dated, it has it's own visual style that still holds up if you played it when it came out. Twin Snakes just looks like a terrible early PS2 game.
    yipyip3.png
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    Twin Snakes is dogshit, it is known
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
    I love all the music in Twin Snakes. Just has that cool early aughts action spy groove to it.

I do heavily agree that it was a stupid way of doing a remake. Updated graphics and sound? Cool. Adding in gameplay mechanics but keeping the exact original level layouts built for the old mechanics? Stupid.

REmake, Zelda OOT 3DS and Halo 1 anni are examples on how far TTS should've have gone.
    steam_sig.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    the only thing I can remember about twin snakes is liquid's hair
    ooty.gif
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I played a version of Risk called Godstorm (at least I think that was the name), based on mythology. One of the perks of the setting was that you could set up temples and bring dead armies back to life.

I was playing this with 2 other people, and one of them definitely had the upperhand. So myself and the other person decided to team up against him, forcing him all the way back to a Northern territory. The problem was, he had a temple set up there.

There were troops everywhere on his one piece of land. We ended up giving up because it was 3 in the morning, meaning to pick it back up when we woke up, but we never did.

Woah, sending this post to M.R.E. @Melding
    I think we've uncovered a new pathway to undeath.
    Virgil_Leads_You on