Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I have played 5 hours of EVE today

And by "played" I mean "watched several episodes of The Office while EVE ran"
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    hmmm

which episodes
    2T0N0a3.png
    hmmm

which episodes

End of season 3/beginning of season 4
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    thats more of a pvp set of episodes, i'd stick with early season 3 for now
    2T0N0a3.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    15KaJ.jpeg
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :c
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Niddhog is basically Hotline Miami Vs.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »

I'm sorry we only talk about real games in this thread

Games that fucking exist
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    I just unlocked the Leg Break move in Slippy Dags

Leg Break is the light. Leg Break is the light. Leg Break is the light.

Have you heard the good news about throwing a guy over a railing?

Last night I tossed a guy into traffic, then threw another guy at that guy, then threw a guy at those guys.

snasi.gif
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular

Last night I tossed a guy into traffic, then threw another guy at that guy, then threw a guy at those guys.

That was my favorite for a time, but now it's nonstop leg breaks 24/7
    WIMBLIN.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I love how the leg break freaks everyone else you're fighting out for a second.
    camo_sig2.png
    icon-18x18_zps3f731cae.pngBasilius | Monster Hunter Tri: Red - TBUGW8 | TF2 Backpack | Hero Academy - Laitarne
    I think the arm break has a larger AOE in terms of freaking people out, but it may just be that now that I have max face rank Wei is a Batman-esque mythical figure among criminals.
    snasi.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142384889
    Blade Analyzer Pro is the latest consumer software product from Zilla Enterprises' weapons division and is designed to identify and catalog all manner of swords, knives, and other blades of historical significance. Originally developed for private use by Zilla Enterprises founder and renown sword collector Orochi Zilla, Blade Analyzer Pro uses your PC's camera to scan any sword or knife in your collection and cross-reference it with a robust database of blades to analyze and identify any item in your collection. Users can then organize their collection by sword type, period of use, price, and rarity to create a customized online catalog to share with other sword collectors around the world.

Buying this
    sayiamansig_zps3b961859.jpg
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »

I'm sorry we only talk about real games in this thread

Games that fucking exist

For real, which hipster indie bastard is carrying around a copy of Niddhog on a usb drive and not letting everyone play it?
    I'm enjoying EVE Online

I don't know who I am anymore
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm enjoying EVE Online

EVE is a fun video game
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I'm enjoying EVE Online

EVE is a fun video game

some of the time
    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Wait... they made a videogame out of EVE?
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
    "Spreadsheet" is not an accurate word to describe EVE

I think "screensaver" is far better
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    I can understand no co-op in Hotline Miami. That game is so tightly balanced for one person, making it for two while still preserving the experience would be like redesigning every level. It'd probably be a good feature to work on for a sequel though, if there is one.
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I've said it before a number of times but if you never really got into EVE, whip up a trial account and join Red Fed or Blue Republic for what is essentially arena combat

EVE is only boring or a spreadsheet or a screensaver if you let it be
    THESPOOKY on
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
    I can understand no co-op in Hotline Miami. That game is so tightly balanced for one person, making it for two while still preserving the experience would be like redesigning every level. It'd probably be a good feature to work on for a sequel though, if there is one.

Make it counter-op like Perfect Dark.
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    I would really like a lot of the EVE concepts to find their way into a well done single player game.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Blade Analyzer Pro is the latest consumer software product from Zilla Enterprises' weapons division and is designed to identify and catalog all manner of swords, knives, and other blades of historical significance. Originally developed for private use by Zilla Enterprises founder and renown sword collector Orochi Zilla, Blade Analyzer Pro uses your PC's camera to scan any sword or knife in your collection and cross-reference it with a robust database of blades to analyze and identify any item in your collection. Users can then organize their collection by sword type, period of use, price, and rarity to create a customized online catalog to share with other sword collectors around the world.

Buying this

The question this raises is if developers should be allowed to promote non-existent software on Greenlight as part of an ARG (or whatever) for their actual game.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
    august wrote: »

Buying this

The question this raises is if developers should be allowed to promote non-existent software on Greenlight as part of an ARG (or whatever) for their actual game.

I think it's pretty clever and Valve can simply look at when it reaches peak popularity and go "Oh hey, yeah, no...but yeah".

...unless Gabe sees it. Don't tell that fucker you have blade software and then not actually have software for cataloging knives.
    snasi.gif
    I'm enjoying EVE Online

what are you up to/what are your goals/you in a corp?
    2T0N0a3.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous WALK 3X FASTER New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

Buying this

I think it's pretty clever and Valve can simply look at when it reaches peak popularity and go "Oh hey, yeah, no...but yeah".

...unless Gabe sees it. Don't tell that fucker you have blade software and then not actually have software for cataloging knives.
    Been waiting for someone to make this joke.
    achar_zpse53d43a1-1_zps5cd88fc4.jpg
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: WaffleMous#1483
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Guess I'll stream my prison falling apart.
  • Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    Both DadCasts make me want to have a kid and never, ever, have a kid equally while listening to them.
    aqMzB.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Gamertag: Car1gt // Facebook // Twitter
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    Having a kid is the best.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular

The follow-up kick you can use on stunned opponents is incredible. Especially if it triggers Face or the final kill slow-mo.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    there is an upcoming sequel.

15Tpj.jpeg
    The person who gets the highest score with Blad Analyzer Pro actually gets to replace Gabe Newell as head of Valve.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Also, I don't remember the difference in face gained with arm-breaker, but I do remember that it leaves your opponent on the floor as opposed to stunned for a follow-up.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
    I'm enjoying EVE Online

Doing the Industry career missions/Mine some stuff, see some space/Gonna join the Giant Bomb Corp

The follow-up kick you can use on stunned opponents is incredible. Especially if it triggers Face or the final kill slow-mo.

It's also brutal if you run up on that guy while he's holding he knee and dive kick the back of his head.
    snasi.gif
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    Guys help! In PC Sleeping Dogs whenever I finish a mission or cancel a mission the game gets stuck in the loading screen.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
    I'm enjoying EVE Online

Doing the Industry career missions/Mine some stuff, see some space/Gonna join the Giant Bomb Corp

Sounds cool, but word of warning: never just mine. I'd do the marketing and then maybe exploration tutorials for more varied high sec living. Maybe do some work with courier contracts if you want to travel
    2T0N0a3.png