Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Jintor wrote: »
    That game has some SWEET loading tips

Feeny in Apollo Justice gains like a bajillion smart points. I can only assume that being controlled by the player makes you stupid

Well he's a total dumbass in the first case of PW3 and you aren't controlling him then, either
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Man

OBVIOUSLY I need to ship Donny x Maribelle so that his simple country ways manage to charm her in spite of her prissy court lifestyle

But they don't complement one another statwise at all

Also who has advice for the second paralogue

I can't get anyone over to Anna fast enough to save her. Sumias the only one that seems like she could possibly make it but she's fragile and there's a ton of archers

Are you playing on Normal? if so, ship whoever the hell you want

ship everything
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »

Finally, someone exposes Kotaku's true problems. http://bit.ly/19hbb9f

These fucking people.

so this is pages late, but I just want to say that the greatest crime of the article is that he uses punctuation outside of his quotation marks
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • SoaLSoaL Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    why is it impressive that they managed to get a generic military shooter made and shipped

I don't think it is a generic military shooter.
    I think the gameplay aspects of it weren't great, but I don't think any part of the the story, whether you actually liked it or not, really qualifies as generic in the video game medium of military shooters.

It is a military shooter that doesn't focus on "fuck ya! War is awesome!", or just a setting to shoot that guy, and decides to actually depict it as a harrowing ordeal and as a video game that is rare and important.

By all accounts I have read they had to shoestring on multiplayer for 2K to fully support shipping it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlBrenhzMZI

this is a good look at it
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Jintor wrote: »
    That game has some SWEET loading tips

Feeny in Apollo Justice gains like a bajillion smart points. I can only assume that being controlled by the player makes you stupid

Well he's a total dumbass in the first case of PW3 and you aren't controlling him then, either

I think that situation can be waived considering the circumstances. Even on the lone circumstance that he was in college.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Man

OBVIOUSLY I need to ship Donny x Maribelle so that his simple country ways manage to charm her in spite of her prissy court lifestyle

I can't get anyone over to Anna fast enough to save her. Sumias the only one that seems like she could possibly make it but she's fragile and there's a ton of archers

I think it's ok if she dies in that particular event. There's another paralogue with her later where you recruit her.

But also the Kellam/Sumia pair up is a good idea.

There's also no need to immediately finish paralogues if they are too tough.
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    do you want to play fire emblem as a shipping simulator or a eugenics simulator
    personaqn.png
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular

what is the difference?
    let me tell you about the rampant incest in past fire emblem games that has weakened everyone's bloodlines
    personaqn.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

what is the difference?

Putting people together because you think they make a cute couple vs. putting people together because they will spawn genetically superior offspring.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I was making a jab at people who do "shipping".

But ok.
    um shipping is based on LOVE it has nothing to do with reproductive potential you would know if you read my raiden x snake fanfic...
    personaqn.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Didn't think this throughRegistered User regular
    Man

You don't need to worry about saving Anna, she'll be ok even if she goes down there (she's playing on casual)

You do want to get to the village, though. If a barbarian (axe-guy) reaches it he'll destroy it. Anna will target them first and the archers last, which is good for you but a little silly on her part. If you can get Sumia and a cavalier (Stahl or Fred, probably) out of the gate fast they should be able to handle the rest- there's only two or three archers I think, so as long as you check range even Sumia should be able to kill an archer in one turn without fear of a counterattack.

Also pair up who you want, stat caps ain't matter much outside of Lunatic.
    As you're about to learn, the tenacity of a debt collector runs deep as the sea.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    um shipping is based on LOVE it has nothing to do with reproductive potential you would know if you read my raiden x snake fanfic...

I thought shipping was based on horny fangirl's ability to see affection where there was none

Which might explain a few things
    look Kojima is a man limited by his era

I'm just continuing the work he couldn't do in 2001

the boning work
    personaqn.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    i'm not even looking at how the offspring work it's just a matter of maribelle gives a bunch of magical bonuses that donny can't do anything with and donny gives a luck bonus and if maribelle's involved in combat then i fucked up
    well it's clear what you need to do here is say that they dated for a while but it didn't work out and then pair them with someone else
    personaqn.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Iceland live show later today!

but premium only :(
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    Woooo Pheonix Wright Dual Destiny this fall in US/EU for 3DS. It will be digital only though.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • ArtreusArtreus Registered User regular
    Just now watching the TNT from last week

What the hell Brad, talking shit about Quake 2
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

He's right though

Even I know that Quake 2 is wildly inferior to Quake 1
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • ArtreusArtreus Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »

He's right though

Even I know that Quake 2 is wildly inferior to Quake 1

Quake 2 was super excellent
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    The best Quake game is Star Trek Elite Force
    2wrn580.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    so does donny eventually become like insanely good or something

because i can't ever level him up at all because the second he's exposed he gets killed
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    He absolutely does.

His stat growth is insane.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ace Attorney 5 is coming out this fall in NA and Europe, but download only
    "Historically it's been tough to attract long term retail support for Ace Attorney titles," the representative said in a statement. "With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney — Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

I don't know how I feel about this.
    Thetheroo on
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Release Edgeworth 2 as digital too!

because i can't ever level him up at all because the second he's exposed he gets killed

not only does he have stupid growths, his intial class has 30 levels to gain stats in instead of 20

you will find he's capped 2-4 stats by level 23
    2wrn580.png
    Lon'qu and Sumia is my favorite combo so far

between the two of them they've got so much luck, skill, and speed that they never get hit and always double-attack and usually crit
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

not only does he have stupid growths, his intial class has 30 levels to gain stats in instead of 20

You don't really want to keep him as a Villager though. Take him to a Mercenary or something when you get his second skill at level 15.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    DrIanMalcolm on
    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
    captaink wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »

You don't really want to keep him as a Villager though. Take him to a Mercenary or something when you get his second skill at level 15.

I tend to get him up around ~23 once he's started capping stats, then reclass him to merc
    2wrn580.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG hence nothing remains except for our regretsRegistered User regular
    eugenics is real life shipping
    2T0N0a3.png
    agoaj wrote: »

I don't like any game I want to play on a Nintendo platform being digital only given the horrendous state of Nintendo's DRM.

There is also no way in hell that Capcom will charge anything less than full price, even though it is digital only.
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »

I don't like any game I want to play on a Nintendo platform being digital only given the horrendous state of Nintendo's DRM.

There is also no way in hell that Capcom will charge anything less than full price, even though it is digital only.

Yes yes, I will pay.
    I mean, so will I, but I can gripe about it.
    why would you expect to pay less just because it's digital only
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    why would you expect to pay less just because it's digital only

production costs for printing would, hypothetically, raise the price
    15Tpj.jpeg