Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Wait Kojima should totally make a new Star Tropics game.
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    dota should be a free space, let's be honest
    2wrn580.png
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    what's everybody playing Monaco on?

also where is the Monaco thread?
    ETqXK.png
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten to play monaco at all yet... :(
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Awful things are being said here. Just say no to MOBAs.

I agree, Multiplayer Online Battle Arena is an incredibly vague term and should not be used.

Now, Dota, that's one hell of a game.

I prefer the term "LOMA." Lords Management. You manage a single lord of some sort.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    what's everybody playing Monaco on?

also where is the Monaco thread?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177991/monaco-one-for-all-and-all-for-me/p1

And I'd say PC.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    2482908-bombcast.jpg

Jokes on them the letters in the very top line are all in 'Giant Bombcast' so I win immediately.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    some of you guys have a read hard time figuring out which of -tal's posts are joking and which are on the level, huh

there's no difference.
    I love the positive energy you bring to this thread, langly

will you call me names some time

you are aware that the energy of joking negatively in a persona of seriousness 100% of the time is, in and of itself, negative?

so there's no difference?

Did I call him a name?

langly why are you rambling about negative energy

What else is there, dichotomy?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Ve believe in nussing
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    must be exhausting
    personaqn.png
  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Registered User regular
    Another staff member said goodnight to me and without thinking I said, "be seeing you," and did the little hand over eye gesture from the Prisoner.

I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing to have subconsciously done.
    3DS Friend Code: 5472-6198-4568
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    some of you guys have a read hard time figuring out which of -tal's posts are joking and which are on the level, huh

there's no difference.
    I love the positive energy you bring to this thread, langly

will you call me names some time

you are aware that the energy of joking negatively in a persona of seriousness 100% of the time is, in and of itself, negative?

so there's no difference?

Did I call him a name?

god can't we just SHUT UP about Persona already!?!
    nipplessig.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    We are

living our lives
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    Another staff member said goodnight to me and without thinking I said, "be seeing you," and did the little hand over eye gesture from the Prisoner.

I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing to have subconsciously done.

:3
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    how do we live in a world where manchildren vote Bastion as best soundtrack over Sonic Generations

I know who you are, and you're me
    personaqn.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    So, I'm playing P4A.

The story is getting kinda weird.

But Kanji is still the best.
  • Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    According to Ryan on Twitter, the podcast won't be up until 6PM PST at the earliest.
    Good Looking Fat Guy on
    Fire Emblem: So is it worth promoting my avatar to Grandmaster before I use a second seal towards Mercenary? That rally ability they get at level 15 looks really good.
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    you wouldn't use rally skills on a main combat unit. ignis is a pretty good skill though
    Fire Emblem: So is it worth promoting my avatar to Grandmaster before I use a second seal towards Mercenary? That rally ability they get at level 15 looks really good.
    You at least want ignis because ignis is bonkers

especially if you have the dread fighter DLC
    2wrn580.png
    Hmm, Ignis does look like a good ability, but I use swords and I chose magic as my weak skill. Still worth it?
    how much magic do you have compared to strength
    Hmm, Ignis does look like a good ability, but I use swords and I chose magic as my weak skill. Still worth it?

if you're going to be doing any amount of reclassing you're going to cap pretty much all of the avatar's stats pretty handily

so yes
    2wrn580.png
    Hmm, good to know.

Jars wrote: »
    how much magic do you have compared to strength

8 Magic to 17 Strength.
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    All you guys talking about the greatest videogame songs and nobody mentions Crazy Taxi

Shame on all of you
    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
    edited May 2013
    All you guys talking about the greatest videogame songs and nobody mentions Crazy Taxi

Shame on all of you

you mean the inferior version of Simpsons Road Rage
    Hullis on
    2wrn580.png
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Does somebody go out into the park and pull up the dinosaurs' skirts?Registered User regular
    I don't know what you're talking about
    dfd58e54-76e3-4cca-a87e-8fabd8a8c8eb_zpscb3d0a8b.jpg
    Road Rage was literally Crazy Taxi except set in Springfield
    2wrn580.png
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular

yes, absolutely
    edited May 2013
    Yay, Kellam and Cordelia at S rank

e: This promotion sequence is as great as I was hoping.
    PaperLuigi44 on
    with that little magic you can skip it, go right for merc before promoting otherwise you get an exp penalty
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    kojima should make a sonic game

Speed has changed. It's no longer about loops, springs or spindashing. It's an endless series of canned animations, played by fanboys and children. Speed, and its consumption of rings, has become a well-oiled machine. ID tagged hedgehogs wear ID tagged shoes, use ID tagged power-up boxes. Chaos emeralds inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Robotic control. Running control. Furry control. Zone control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Speed has changed.

SimBen, I am going to kiss you on the mouth for this.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Someone gimme a run down on when/why to use second and master seals
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    Someone gimme a run down on when/why to use second and master seals

Second seal when you hit 20 with a class (or when you're starting to max out a few stats which will be green) master seal once that second sealed class hits 20

That was my general rule

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Simpsons Road Rage was/is wonderful
    the higher level you second seal the slower you level. I always use them right at 10 unless I'm trying to get a specific skill.