Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• MikeLLMikeLL Collateral Damage Advocate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Jintor wrote: »
    MikeLL is supernormalstep? Okay sweet

Toh and Bryne are on gaf too... I think?

I'm not on Gaf. :\

MikeLL on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    I had more trouble on the Taurus demon than almost any other boss. That is probably because I had forgotten about the lock on though. I eventually beat it by accident when it leaped off the bridge.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    how the hell do you even sign up for neogaf, anyway

i sent in a request like four months ago

They're incredibly strict on who they accept.
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    how the hell do you even sign up for neogaf, anyway

i sent in a request like four months ago

They're incredibly strict on who they accept.
    Apparently not strict enough dohohohoho.
  • SwissLionSwissLion KILLING THROWS Miami, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Did you sign up with a free email address? That's a thing apparently.

University/College Email? All good! Gmail? Go fuck yourself, peasant!
    9IRsl.png
  • ZayZay FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan Please, just call me York.Registered User regular
    I wanted to post one thing in one gaf thread once so I did the sign up stuff then like 8 months later "congratulations you can post!"

and I was like, guys

you gotta do better than this
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    So I'm watching the guys, including Bradley Shoemaker, giving Vinny the backseat gaming treatment. This is some looking glass shit.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    SwissLion wrote: »
    Did you sign up with a free email address? That's a thing apparently.

University/College Email? All good! Gmail? Go fuck yourself, peasant!

The idea that GAF is full of verified college kids says so many things

All of them bleak
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    I had more trouble on the Taurus demon than almost any other boss. That is probably because I had forgotten about the lock on though. I eventually beat it by accident when it leaped off the bridge.

The Goat Demon in Burg is the thing that has me taking a break from Dark Souls right now. I know exactly what I can do, exactly what I should do to easy cheesy beat him. but as soon as I walk through the white mist, i can't adjust my camera fast enough and just get rushed by him and his dogs and then my body never recovers enough to dodge anything. it's gotten annoying
    ETqXK.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »

Okay you just made Fire Emblem sound really complicated mere hours or a day at most before I start playing it.

I'm sorry for being terrible

rest assured you can play the game without worrying about any of this optimization talk. I've just spent months discussing the game in another thread so it's all etched into my brain, pushing out important things like what I learned last semester or how to cook without setting things on fire.

Yeah, while the advice you folks have given is appreciated, I'm assuming a degree of min-maxing has been involved so I'm not too worried about how I play.
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    neogaf: bringing awful video game opinions and classism together since 2006!
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    neogaf: awful since 2006!

FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    neogaf!

wRbeRNg.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    More like NeoGaffe
    o

sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    !

FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    you are the xbox
    Xehalus on
    Xehalus wrote: »
    you are the xbox

scanners.gif
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

wait why does this look so different from vgcw? is this a different version of the game?
    Motherfucker it is 2:30 in the morning
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I got to the taurus. it was the thing that killed me during the afforementioned shut out from the fucking bonfire what the fuck incident

fighting giant shit on cramped battlements has never and will never be fun

that was a boss fight. you can't go back to the bonfire during a boss fight. (well, unless you use magic that warps you back to the last bonfire you were at, but you can't run away from boss fights once you're in their arena)
  • MikeLLMikeLL Collateral Damage Advocate Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    MrDapper wrote: »

wait why does this look so different from vgcw? is this a different version of the game?

dunno, maybe because I used a arena from the game instead of a custom arena like VGCW uses. Only guess I can come up with.

MikeLL on
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Ymir owns. He fucking owns!Registered User regular
    well yeah that'd be it then
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    !

ALERT 99.99
    2wrn580.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Brad's gonna win the Dota 2 tournament and everything is gonna be ok
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    i'll tell you this much the gaf vgcw thread is a lot more active than the one in SE++
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Definitely using "breaking embargo" now
    2wrn580.png
    Sometimes I play Persona 4 while breaking embargo
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I knew that there was going to be an animation of Kellam falling over, I just had to get him to General to see it.
    PaperLuigi44 on
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    Sometimes I play Persona 4 while breaking embargo

Embargo breaking is a time for non-electronic equipment only
    But I mostly play my Vita in my room

I gotta take it somewhere outside the room otherwise I'll feel bummed I bought a portable
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    check neogaf

click topic "should I buy dragon age 2 for $5?"

"no"

"no"

"no"

"no"

"not even if they paid you $5"

"it's not even worth your time"

"no"

hm.
    personaqn.png
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Most of my exposure to neogaf has been through a Twitter account that just quotes the worst posts of neogaf

I feel like I've gotten the full experience
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate Registered User regular
    mgs_risk_collector.jpg
    Product Description
    War has changed. Private Military Companies have taken the place of state armies as the world's primary war machines. As the fires of war continue to spread, take command and wage the ultimate battle for supremacy. Hire one of eight legendary bosses to lead your soldiers, including Solid Snake, Raiden and Liquid Ocelot. Coordinate with arms dealers to gain tactical advantages over those who would oppose you. The age of deterrence is now the age of control. He who controls the battlefield, controls history. RISK: Metal Gear Solid Collector's Edition features customized game board, first-ever mobile territory in a RISK game, the Outer Haven game board and game piece (measures 3 long).Over 290 custom game pieces:5 PMC Armies 8 Bosse sOuter Haven Battleship Drebin's Shop CardsTerritory Cards PMC Headquarters Custom Outer Haven Game Board Custom Earth Game Board 7 dice
    someone buy me this

@Penguin Incarnate has it and keeps trying to get me to play it, but I just don't know.

I just don't know.
    Look into your heart, Pooro. . . Then ignore it and listen to me.
    originalleague222.jpg
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Most of my exposure to neogaf has been through a Twitter account that just quotes the worst posts of neogaf

I want in on this
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

I want in on this

https://twitter.com/NeoGAFShitPosts
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to that South Park game that Obsidian was making? Wasn't that supposed to be out by now?
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that South Park game that Obsidian was making? Wasn't that supposed to be out by now?

THQ stuff caused it to be pushed back to August