Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    Yes but you can only second seal back into the same class (so tactician second sealed to tactician) once you hit 20, so if you want to stay that class it's all good
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the higher level you second seal the slower you level.
    when you have literally infinite grinding potential this isn't as big a deal

2wrn580.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Didn't think this throughRegistered User regular
    there's no reason to ever wait until level 20 unless you've got every skill you need. It'll just slow down how fast you level up. Which isn't a big hassle in this game, but it's still pointless.

Use a second seal if you want them to pick up abilities from another class (gained at 1 and 10 unless you're looking at dancer, villager or manakete, which learn stuff at 15), use the master seal once you have exhausted what you want from those three options to switch to an advanced class. Skills are gained at levels 5 and 15 for advanced classes, once that's done you can use another second seal to switch between advanced classes.

Any unit can equip a maximum of five skills, so don't go too crazy in the base classes, though.
    As you're about to learn, the tenacity of a debt collector runs deep as the sea.
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    it becomes a big deal when you start getting 8 exp per kill and things slow waaaaaaay down, but that won't happen until you are setting up post game parties or on lunatic
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    This post contains a link to buy the US version of Persona 4 Golden for less than $28. I will be waiting for the UK version myself, in the dumb hope that buying that will encourage them to release the games here in a more timely manner.

http://www.play-asia.com/Persona_4_Golden/paOS-13-71-1ab-49-en-70-4q5j.html
    yipyip3.png
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    there's no reason to ever wait until level 20 unless you've got every skill you need. It'll just slow down how fast you level up. Which isn't a big hassle in this game, but it's still pointless.

Use a second seal if you want them to pick up abilities from another class (gained at 1 and 10 unless you're looking at dancer, villager or manakete, which learn stuff at 15), use the master seal once you have exhausted what you want from those three options to switch to an advanced class. Skills are gained at levels 5 and 15 for advanced classes, once that's done you can use another second seal to switch between advanced classes.

Any unit can equip a maximum of five skills, so don't go too crazy in the base classes, though.

Okay you just made Fire Emblem sound really complicated mere hours or a day at most before I start playing it.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
    all you need to know about second seals is that the amount of exp a character gets is based on their internal level, and second seals reset their class level but not their internal level. so if you have a level 20 unit and second seal them their class level is 1, but their internal level is still 20 and they gain exp like a level 20 unit.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    used a second seal on my main character since she's level 11

scrolled through all the choices i had

had a little mini panic attack and turned the 3ds off
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    used a second seal on my main character since she's level 11

scrolled through all the choices i had

had a little mini panic attack and turned the 3ds off

welcome to fire emblem
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    So long term the only real goal of second sealing is collecting skills, right

So short term I should just go with whatever classes I like/feel I need?

Because if that's the case ALL MYRMIDONS WOOOOOO
    yes only replace myrmidon with mercenary
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    get Astra and Sol and Galeforce on as many people as you can and then marvel at how easy the game is all of a sudden
    those are all second tier skills i'm only on chapter 7
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Registered User regular
    Get the Juggalo 4 Life skill sooner rather than later, it's a huge help
    WIMBLIN.jpg
    i made lon'qu a wyvern rider and i made me a thief and i am saving in a different slot in case i hate this
    although i am incredibly relieved to find out that i'm the only one that can respec as every class
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I need to get back to Fire Emblem

I stopped after Chapter 12, I think?

The mission where shit gets extra real and all those paralogues open up

I think I'm gonna sell a bunch of stuff tomorrow and try and upgrade to an XL
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 And when she knooooows, what she wants, from her ty-y-ype Registered User regular
    Reinforcements getting a free attack is some bullshit though, that's where things started going wrong in Chapter 11 and I reset. Is it non-stop reinforcements unless I occupy the bases?
    8612744388_aee11d1412.jpg
  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    I know the topic of conversation has... lets call it "moved on", but since Denis Dyack is asking for money, I'll just link to this story again. http://kotaku.com/5955223/what-went-wrong-with-silicon-knights-x+men-destiny

Ignore the bit that says "Kotaku".
    steam_sig.png
    occasionallywearsahat.com, my rambly ramblings of ramble
  • YaYaYaYa ... ...wanna fight?Registered User regular
    holy shit, fuck Shadow Kanji on the PS2
    I made a web series! watch it here: http://bloodsuckingbooks.com
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I started a P4G game on Normal for my NG+ run

I just didn't want the game preventing me from getting through the story on my first go-round
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • ArtreusArtreus Registered User regular
    Man. Brad on upf complaining about guys at a pizza place giving him guff for coming in 10 minutes before close.

It really sucks when people do that, especially if you have to make anything super involved that is going to take you forever to get clean again
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I make it a rule to never go to any food joint in their last 30 minutes of business
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • ArtreusArtreus Registered User regular
    Though not as bad as the people tugging on the doors and trying to get you to open them after you close
  • David_TDavid_T Registered User regular
    I make it a rule only to go when they're open for business.
    steam_sig.png
    occasionallywearsahat.com, my rambly ramblings of ramble
    Okay my plan was to wrap up Infinite and then jump right into Fire Emblem

well step one is complete

but now I just want to watch the spoilercast, read every single thing everywhere ever, stare at the stars and contemplate existence for 17 hours
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
    YaYa wrote: »

that was the hardest fight in all of p4
  • YaYaYaYa ... ...wanna fight?Registered User regular

I would love to know how you did it

I'm on the last day, too, so I can't just go buy a bunch of items
    I made a web series! watch it here: http://bloodsuckingbooks.com
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Artreus wrote: »
    Man. Brad on upf complaining about guys at a pizza place giving him guff for coming in 10 minutes before close.

It really sucks when people do that, especially if you have to make anything super involved that is going to take you forever to get clean again

this is pretty funny because I can remember a recent bombcast where ryan (or jeff?) talks about having to go to a place right before closing and feeling like an asshole for doing it because you never want to be that guy.

The worst is when you work at a place that I am imagining he's talking about, where you're just providing the food and not the service, so you're not getting tipped or anything. So it pushes back your close time and your cleanup, and you don't get paid for it. So you work for free. It's pretty great.
    Langly on
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    let me tell you my bioshock infinite opinions
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    let me tell you my bioshock infinite opinions

we're full
  • The Geebs That Is A PonyThe Geebs That Is A Pony Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    if I drive by a store and they're closing in like, under an hour, I won't go in
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 6/2005 - 3/20/2013Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Caved and plunked down the 200 on a Red XL. I decided against the Poptart since I wanted to mess with the XL before New Leaf is out (Fire Emblem looks soooooo goooooood) and already have $40+ in eShop funds for it.

Also that damn raccoon doesn't deserve any more of my money. He's already getting a hojillion dollars outta me.
    Emerlmaster999 on
    w1KIYUJ.jpg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    sometimes, if I see an store that's closing in a little while, I imagine all the wacky hijinks the employees might be having in the absence of customers

then I go in

I think I was using a phoenix persona, but all 3 of them can be hit by electric if you have mazio or something. the big things were to kill the guy on the left first, and use guard when kanji uses power charge or else swiftstrike is going to one shot at least one person.
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular

Yosuke should know Dekaja by then. it nullifies stat bonuses on foes. keep using that when the enemies buff up. take out the guy who attacks you first, then the guy who heals/buffs, then take out shadow kanji
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
    Huh the spoilercast is long

I'm not gonna start Fire Emblem tonight.
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    serious dark souls question: does this game ever become fun to play?

I totally get that there's a satisfaction in beating something difficult, but the actual gameplay is boring as shit

I've tried playing a knight, hunter, and pyromancer and none of them are any fun
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • CenoCeno Chumble spuzz. Registered User regular
    @SimBen Rev3 has a good spoiled games video feature on Infinite that has Jeff and Adam Sessler. Split into two parts, each about 30 minutes.
    steam_sig.png
    GFWL: Genesius Prime / PSN: Genesius_Prime / Origin: genesiusprime / 3DS: 4871-3718-5715