Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    why don't they breed an infinite army of future children

Because they could risk a paradox that erases them all from existence

This is medieval times, none of the future people have heard Johnny B. Good yet so it's impossible to repair holes in spacetime
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    why don't they breed an infinite army of future children

So like the end of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure except with fucking.
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    face | zune | last.fm | steam
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    a game where you can only be the best you can be if you get married and have children? that sounds horrifying
    ETqXK.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    a game where you can only be the best you can be if you get married and have children? that sounds horrifying

well not really, any character you take a shine to becomes a god of death with very little effort in all but the single hardest mode
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The only thing dads pass on is one of their skills, right

Also hair color
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I ship vaike and sully

because hero kjelle ownsssssss

just make everyone a hero

hero is the best class. it's right there in the name.
    Jars on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Honestly I wish P4 let you actually ship more.

Actually get party members together with each other instead of keeping them all to yourself.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Rose, shut the hell up about my bedroom and save my game already!Registered User regular
    Wait do dads determine what classes the kids can be?
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Here's the part that I hope nobody ever takes out of context

No, all the mothers in Fire Emblem: Awakening, a video game, have set children that take after them

The fathers are interchangeable and only affect the skills the kids have
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    You guys still talking about Fire Emblem

I am interested in playing the strategy game but have no interest in shipping people
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Didn't think this throughRegistered User regular

both parents contribute their options to that, yeah
    As you're about to learn, the tenacity of a debt collector runs deep as the sea.
    Mr. G wrote: »

No, all the mothers in Fire Emblem: Awakening, a video game, have set children that take after them

I'm pretty sure the kids inherit the class sets from both parents, though.

I am interested in playing the strategy game but have no interest in shipping people

Then good news there's like twelve other fire emblems made for you
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    did crazy time travel eugenics fire emblem take out the no permadeaths option that was in the DS one they never localized
    xutFvZ4.gif
    @Speed Racer This site will answer all your mechanics questions: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/
    did crazy time travel eugenics fire emblem take out the no permadeaths option that was in the DS one they never localized

Awakening has an option to turn off permadeaths.
    well that's good
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular

Are there any DS ones
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular

This is not necessarily true! Dudes can't inherit classes from their moms like Dark Flier.
    2wrn580.png
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    Really all Prison Architect needs is a mode like in dwarf fortress where you can explore a failed prison and see what all is going on inside after the prisoners take over.

Only you are playing as Batman.
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Watching the Iceland Cutting Room Floor video

8->
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? Registered User regular

Yep, all the ladies have a baby ready to go

One in the chamber, basically
    7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • JC of DIJC of DI I thought humans were more evolved than thisRegistered User regular
    I never asked for this.
    CHemsworthSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
    kids have a base set of classes and then whatever they inherit from their father. like owain always has access to myrmidon, cleric, and barbarian. if you marry lissa and frederick then he will also have access to cavalier, wyvern rider and knight classes.
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I miss that general

The best bit was he did the same thing with the axe

THE GODDAMN AXE

launched it like it was a rocket punch. God, those animations were so sweet. Probably wouldn't work with the pair-up system though
    critical animations I miss the most: sage, hero, swordmaster, druid. really everything about druids, sorcerers are waaaay lamer
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    Oh man PA forums have a gif size limit don't they? Blah. Lyn's crit animation is gawdlike.

I wonder if I liked FE7 so much more just because I didn't have any other idea what was out there... but growing my party, no grinding, felt so much more organic... what with the DLC and spotpass teams Awakening feels more like gardening than an epic struggle for the future of zzzzzz
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Golurker Registered User regular

Are there any DS ones
    Shadow Dragon but I heard it kinda sucks.
  • AshcroftAshcroft Gimme dem Yens Registered User regular
    I know I've got the GBA Fire Emblem somewhere, but it's one of those games I don't think I ever actually played.
    yipyip3.png
    it's all part of their master plan to be super evil
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    they found something worse
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have that photo of Jeff looking miserable in the middle of an E3 Press Conference?
    I was wondering when those would go away

MK9 had an online pass, but Injustice didn't
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/15/4335494/ea-discontinues-online-pass-used-game-drm-multiplayer

dunno if it made it to this thread yet but EA is done with online passes

Now all EA games will be Always-Online

Thanks, nerds
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    they found something worse

offline passes
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular
    i am 100% confident this means always online is gonna be a thing

hide your money in the ground refrigerate your apples and stick your hands in a blender it's duck season now motherfuckers