Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    I take my DVDs/Blu-rays to people's houses to watch movies

I let people borrow them

Why the fuck would I ever pay for a movie that is likely only available on one service, like Amazon or iTunes or Xbox Video or PlayStation video? Even worse if I'm just buying the streaming version of it like that pathetic Ultraviolet shit

Nah, fuck that.

I trade in games because you get a decent enough value out of one and the price of games is inflated enough to where trading in a couple games to knock the price of a $60 game down to $10 is mighty tempting
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    You're a crook, Captain Hook, Judge, won't you throw the book at the pirate!
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom It's a brand new day and the sun is high All the birds are singing that you're gonna dieRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    give me hotline miami on mini cd

You just want Hotline Miami on every available imaginable format

which I want and everybody else should want too

ps: where's Hotline Miami iOS
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Chareth Cutestory Lawyer of the SeaRegistered User regular
    The first console to completely eliminate physical media will either crash and burn

kFuX2gn.jpg

It's okay

I wouldn't expect you to remember

Nobody else does
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    hotline miami coded onto wax cylinders
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    has anyone ported hotline miami to NES yet
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • MrDapperMrDapper Two Sides of A Coin Registered User regular
    Does anyone have that photo of Jeff looking miserable in the middle of an E3 Press Conference?

Are you thinking of this?

1732177-5525770228_83354048cf_z.jpg
    iExidXCdtAXFB.jpg
    I'm waiting for someone to make Hotline Miami in Little Big Planet 2
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    With the way media and video games are moving, I can't see physical video games at a store existing much longer which means that'll in order to get them you'll have to be online. Maybe this next gen will be the final stand for it but no way will the gen after that will they exist.

Maybe they'll have offline mode like Steam has but if you want to keep playing games in the future then you'll need some kind of connection in order to get them.

It gets mentioned every time someone brings this up, but that's pretty silly. Remember, just because you're set up to operate that way doesn't mean everyone else is. A huge segment of the market will continue buying games on physical media for a long time to come, and that includes many people who are capable of going the digital route but just don't for whatever reason. The first console to completely eliminate physical media will either crash and burn, be a niche device, or not exist until at least a few decades from now.

iPhone says hi.

Look, I like physical media and offline mode. I am in the military and there points where I wont have a online connection for a long time but do have the ability to hook up a system or use a laptop. We used to LAN all the time on the boat I was one with Diablo 2 and Battlefield 1942 but you can't do that now with the current versions of the games. Cause thats where its moving to and it sucks but its happening.

If you look at current X360 games and their packaging its almost a joke. A flimsy eco-case with cover, a one page manual that says hey watch them eyes son and the disc. The companies probably can't wait to ditch those things.

Yeah you could put those physical copies on a shelf to be proud of your video game library but you're just fooling yourself that you achieved something.
    steam_sig.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    I take my DVDs/Blu-rays to people's houses to watch movies

I let people borrow them

Why the fuck would I ever pay for a movie that is likely only available on one service, like Amazon or iTunes or Xbox Video or PlayStation video? Even worse if I'm just buying the streaming version of it like that pathetic Ultraviolet shit

Nah, fuck that.

I trade in games because you get a decent enough value out of one and the price of games is inflated enough to where trading in a couple games to knock the price of a $60 game down to $10 is mighty tempting

Yeah and guess what? Those media companies sure as hell don't like you doing that and have been fighting to put a stop to every single thing you mentioned there.

Big Video Game says to you:

"Nah, fuck that shit."
    steam_sig.png
  • interrobanginterrobang we can tear up this rotten world together we'll break and smash and pound it into dustRegistered User regular
    give me video games in capsule form

i'll swallow them and the neurospores that are released will stimulate my brain into producing the audio-visual-tactile equivalent to being in the game
    Yeah but

I have the money so

They can eat balls

Consumers shouldn't prepare themselves to be fucked over. That shit doesn't fly with the film industry and DVD still thrives, and as long as people don't just up and give up on it, that shit won't fly with games either
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Does anyone have that photo of Jeff looking miserable in the middle of an E3 Press Conference?

Are you thinking of this?

1732177-5525770228_83354048cf_z.jpg

Nah, it's a head on shot of Jeff in the audience at some sort of press conference with a thousand yard stare. He claims people were looking too much into the photo and that it was just a bad photo of him, perhaps being tired, but he was in no way "miserable"
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I really wouldn't call the iPhone a 'console'. See that word? Console? Like, the kind of device you hook up to a TV?

Seriously, if you actually think 'digital distribution only' wouldn't be a disaster for a home console in the next couple decades, you need to get out of your little bubble. I'm not talking about collectors who want to have shelves full of their games. I'm talking about a large section of the market who just aren't that into digital distribution for larger games. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a fairly large portion of the market doesn't even realize it's a thing at this point. We're not talking someone who's tech savy and follows the industry. We're talking about Joe Walmart Consumer.
    TubularLuggage on
    Reminder that someone just had to start a thread here marked "NSF56k" because they are posting images that are a megabyte in size

Truly the world is ready for the fully-digital age
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Heh, fully digital age. I'm ready for biological media.
    We're going to get all of the GTDs, swapping drives in seedy MOBA themed Slurpee joints (Smoba's).
    Big Game Industry is gonna go fully physical, if you know what I mean.
    Virgil_Leads_You on
  • T4CTT4CT i'm pretty specific hi i am mikeRegistered User regular

i definitely connect with more things when i jerk it than i do when i play sim city
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

i definitely connect with more things when i jerk it than i do when i play sim city

EA to make a video game adaptation of Jerkcity.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »

EA to make a video game adaptation of Jerkcity.

If that happened then they would have earned the "worst company in America" awards.
    acblackflag.jpg
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I see Jerkcity being a valve joint.
    A sick drug ya slot in, while big gulping a Slurpee and hallucinating hats.
    HGALHALGAHLGUAH BHRLBURHLGUHLRUBH.
    Virgil_Leads_You on
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Jerkcity is 100% a suda 51 joint, down to the obsession with dicks and also being brilliant
    2wrn580.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    give me

a suda 51/kojima collab
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Antimatter wrote: »
    give me

a suda 51/kojima collab

Well, they are both really anime.
    No More Metal Gears

Shadows of the Boktai

Lollipop Z.O.E.
    also i want kojima to be aware of hotline miami/i'd love to hear his opinion of it

probably doesnt know it exists but man

maaan
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • JintorJintor Registered User regular
    No no no no.

Suda51/Kamiya

Batshit insanity meets batshit insanity but with a good gameplay system
    Shit

I just realized that actual webcomic video game I want is Bad Machinery developed by Telltale.
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    Shit

I just realized that actual webcomic video game I want is Bad Machinery developed by Telltale.

make this shit happen john allison
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    On the podcast, Brad talked about doing an interview with someone that makes Dota items. I guess that didn't happen on the stream? From hearing him talk about it, it sounded a lot like Brad had some misconceptions about how Steam Workshop works.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
  • YaYaYaYa ... ...wanna fight?Registered User regular
    it'll be on the dumptruck
    I made a web series! watch it here: http://bloodsuckingbooks.com
  • PeewiPeewi Enchanted, I'm sure Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    it'll be on the dumptruck

That makes sense.
    3DS code: 3480-2527-9521 Diablo 3: Peewi#1575
    steam_sig.png
    HO

LY

SHIT

(At that Kojima pic)
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Now I want Refn to do his next film in Japan with Kojima as a cameo.
    daft2.gif
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i think we might have moved past this, but how does games with "Always Online Pass" or whatever help new sales of games in consoles?

Like, Always On DRM is is there to stop piracy because that is seen as more of a threat on computers. Online passes and pack in DLC was there in console games because of used game sales.

Requiring an internet connection to get full access to a game doesn't stop me from reselling the game and someone buying it cheaper and getting the full experience if they too have an internet connection.

It's not that I don't think EA will find a new way to dick over consumers in an attempt to spite used sales, but i'm not sure this is the right direction.
    I bet Kojima totally pulls it off too

I have debated getting that jacket in the past

But

I know

I know I can't pull it off
    wRbeRNg.jpg
    Lollipop Z.O.E.

I seem to recall that Lollipop Chainsaw was barely a Suda 51 joint?

Doesn't matter, loved it anyways
    wRbeRNg.jpg
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    It is super weird to have seen the a guy make a llama in a thread on one site I visit, submit it to Valve, get it in DOTA, and see Brad Shoemaker and the Matts comment on the llama.

...but hey, that llama has goggles and a pilot hat so it was bound to gain popularity.
    snasi.gif