Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Shin Megami Tensei is also Pokemon

except instead of evolving them you fuse them to make new pokemon

http://pastebin.com/eNvYNtW0
    looks like there's fusing in the new pokemon

also *shudder*
    social links
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Shen wrote: »
    The older FE heroes can be summoned to your map - you can either defeat them to recruit the lead unit, hire the lead unit with cash (though you won't get any of their items) or buy their sweet loot. You can summon them as many times as you like, some heroes with good swag are Eirika, Micaiah, Celica, Ephraim and Hector.

So wait, if you beat those wifi groups, you recruit the leader and can level them up like any other party member?
    CorporateLogo on
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Yeah but I think they don't pair up with anyone, which is a huge downside.
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

also *shudder*
    social links

Fuck I cannot afford a 3ds

But Pokemon with social links sounds like The Best
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    if those rumors are true there's a pokemon based on Hatsune Miku and a fairy gym leader that's basically an Idol

@interrobang
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »

The combinatorial explosion that would result from that is way too much trouble for free DLC characters.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • ShenShen Registered User regular

They can pair up but don't get any support ranks, so are stuck at base stat bonuses and dual strike/guard chance.
    SimBen wrote: »

The combinatorial explosion that would result from that is way too much trouble for free DLC characters.

Oh, totally, but at first it seems like a way to score some great units easily, when in actuality I never really used them. Had to spend every battle carefully working on my pairings.
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular

also *shudder*
    social links

all this shit and still no flare blitz on flareon
    personaqn.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I picked a good time to stop caring about pokemon
    xutFvZ4.gif
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Every single pokemon game since Silver i have picked up, gotten like 4 gyms in, and then gone 'well thats all the pokemon i need'

so i'm going to try and not spend money on that game
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
    you know when I wrote my ideas for the new pokemon in second grade I didn't get to have it discussed over the internet

kids these days
    personaqn.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    Has there been any more news about Hotline Miami coming to ps3? I saw this a couple of weeks ago, and I am sure we all talked about it, but I haven't seen aything since and I really want to play it.
    The upcoming release of Hotline Miami for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita platforms includes an array of exclusive features for the two consoles, including a lock-on targeting system or a cooperative mode.

Hotline Miami is set to appear this spring for the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita platform, after coming out last year on the PC platform.

The hectic brawler will arrive with quite a few special features on the PlayStation platforms, at least according to developer Abstraction Games, who talked with Gamekult about the title.

Hotline Miami will boast a lock-on targeting system to help deal with specific enemies, as well as a cooperative multiplayer mode.

Thanks also to the Cross-Buy and Cross-Play mechanics, owners of Hotline Miami can play on any platform and with owners of both the PS3 or the PS Vita consoles.

More details about the game, including a release date, should appear in the near future.

I don't know if this laptop can fit much more stuff on it, or I would get it on Steam. I don't have Steam installed, you see.
    I play games on ps3. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Wait what is wrong with social links?

I understand you guys don't like Persona but having some sort of system where you get to know your supporting characters and build friendships with them is rad.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    Also it seems more like pairing up in Fire Emblem?
    2wrn580.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I came here to kill an ancient evil

I'm not here to make friends
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
    SugarDVD has an app on Wii U...

Nintendo...
    personaqn.png
    Has there been any more news about Hotline Miami coming to ps3? I saw this a couple of weeks ago, and I am sure we all talked about it, but I haven't seen aything since and I really want to play it.
    The upcoming release of Hotline Miami for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita platforms includes an array of exclusive features for the two consoles, including a lock-on targeting system or a cooperative mode.

Hotline Miami is set to appear this spring for the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita platform, after coming out last year on the PC platform.

The hectic brawler will arrive with quite a few special features on the PlayStation platforms, at least according to developer Abstraction Games, who talked with Gamekult about the title.

Hotline Miami will boast a lock-on targeting system to help deal with specific enemies, as well as a cooperative multiplayer mode.

Thanks also to the Cross-Buy and Cross-Play mechanics, owners of Hotline Miami can play on any platform and with owners of both the PS3 or the PS Vita consoles.

More details about the game, including a release date, should appear in the near future.

I don't know if this laptop can fit much more stuff on it, or I would get it on Steam. I don't have Steam installed, you see.

um there's already a lockon targeting system in the normal game

i want to know about this co-op, though
    15Tpj.jpeg
    Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 10am EST get ready for Xenoblade 3
    personaqn.png
  • agoajagoaj Registered User regular

um there's already a lockon targeting system in the normal game

i want to know about this co-op, though

Probably means you don't have to get your cursor over them to do the lock on.
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

also *shudder*
    social links

"Huh this is a pretty cool infodump even if it's all rumors, kinda cool to see this much new stuff being added and I thi-
    pastebin wrote:
    >new waifu pokemon
    Three I mentioned in the last thread...Mawile's "pigtailed" evolution that seems like a shout-out to Miku, and the two "Xerneas Subordinates" that are basically elfish woman with leaves covering their body. One of them is also kind of BBW if you're into that.

Fffffff well I hope there's nothing interested past that tidbit
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Registered User regular
    Is it just me or has the GB video player been really slow lately?
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i just go to their youtube version of whatever

it's faster and i can lock it in at 720p

Unfortunately you can't do this with the premium videos :(
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I am watching my friend play Metro Last Light.

Based on how women are portrayed in this game, I'm kind of glad they basically didn't exist in 2033.
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif

also *shudder*
    social links

"Huh this is a pretty cool infodump even if it's all rumors, kinda cool to see this much new stuff being added and I thi-
    pastebin wrote:
    >new waifu pokemon
    Three I mentioned in the last thread...Mawile's "pigtailed" evolution that seems like a shout-out to Miku, and the two "Xerneas Subordinates" that are basically elfish woman with leaves covering their body. One of them is also kind of BBW if you're into that.

Fffffff well I hope there's nothing interested past that tidbit

most waifu Pokemon and most BBW Pokemon are both Snorlax
    how are they portrayed
    personaqn.png
    six arms, immune to radiation, telepathic
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    how are they portrayed

There is one woman in the game who is kind of an interesting character. She's a sniper.

The others are either cabaret girls, strippers or prostitutes.

I'm not even exaggerating.

At one point you can pay one of them to give you a lap dance, which is made even more uncomfortable by the surreal and unnerving breast "physics."
    yoshis_story_sig_zps69d2a63e.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    how are they portrayed

There is one woman in the game who is kind of an interesting character. She's a sniper.

The others are either cabaret girls, strippers or prostitutes.

I'm not even exaggerating.

At one point you can pay one of them to give you a lap dance, which is made even more uncomfortable by the surreal and unnerving breast "physics."

let me tell you how this is good for women because they get to stay back and strip while the men risk their lives on an irradiated battlefield...

altpost let me tell you how this is actually the most natural and realistic role for women in the apocalypse...
    personaqn.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    GB is under attack again.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    What?
    PoQ0cUz.jpg
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    GB is under attack again.

I think I just bumped into you in the Giant Bomb forum.
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Are there not even any female refugees? It's been a while since I played the first Metro, but from what I remember there were plenty (well, "a nonzero amount") of women in the camps.
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Ugh, so it really is daily.

Meanwhile, I think it's been more than a month since Professional Wednesdays, right?
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Yeeeah I'm not a big fan of the DOTA live streams, but the majority seem to enjoy it. I just find it hard to follow, and overall boring to watch.
    SimBen wrote: »
    Ugh, so it really is daily.

Meanwhile, I think it's been more than a month since Professional Wednesdays, right?

Yeah I wonder if they're just done with it. That would be unfortunate.
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular
    I need some meepo today
    2wrn580.png