Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The Brad Muir Thread: Also Starring Giant Bomb

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Yeeeah I'm not a big fan of the DOTA live streams, but the majority seem to enjoy it. I just find it hard to follow, and overall boring to watch.
    SimBen wrote: »
    Ugh, so it really is daily.

Meanwhile, I think it's been more than a month since Professional Wednesdays, right?

Yeah I wonder if they're just done with it. That would be unfortunate.

On the last one, didn't Ryan just say straight up they weren't doing them anymore?
  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts Edward Kenway's yer man. Arg, Swashbuckle, Avast, etc.Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Are there not even any female refugees? It's been a while since I played the first Metro, but from what I remember there were plenty (well, "a nonzero amount") of women in the camps.

I was watching someone on YouTube play it and it seemed like there were female refugees, yeah.

And that thing Tal linked
    It's got to be possible to save her, right? Because the aforementioned video I watched the guy just kept on nonchalantly looting things while it was going on in the background, and it was infuriating
    acblackflag.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

Meanwhile, I think it's been more than a month since Professional Wednesdays, right?

They've said they weren't entirely happy with a weekly show of that format. They said it might be retooled to be more of a monthly thing, or might disappear altogether.
    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien Registered User regular
    I find DOTA hard to get into but if anybody here does like DOTA and has ideas about items I'll listen because I'm way into fat stacks of money.
    snasi.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Apparently nobody liked them and they didn't like doing them

In other news,

Cards Against Humanity has made 12 million dollars to date
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yeeeah I'm not a big fan of the DOTA live streams, but the majority seem to enjoy it. I just find it hard to follow, and overall boring to watch.

On the last one, didn't Ryan just say straight up they weren't doing them anymore?

No, they said they were going to do them more infrequently. But apparently Chris Watters is difficult to get ahold of on a regular basis, so maybe they'll just drop it?
  • -Tal-Tal Truth is elusive It's nowhere to be foundRegistered User regular
    why haven't Fable's boasts been incorporated into more games, especially in the age of achievements
    personaqn.png
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular

No, they said they were going to do them more infrequently. But apparently Chris Watters is difficult to get ahold of on a regular basis, so maybe they'll just drop it?

They said they were gonna start doing it monthly instead of weekly because not enough games are coming out to justify a weekly show. Bunch of things have come out in the past month, enough to put on a show now (Injustice, Pandora's Tower, Soul Hackers, Riptide, Star Trek, Poker Night 2, Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut, Blood Dragon, Zeno Clash II, Mario & DK: Minis on the Move, Dust 514, Last Light).
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Cleaning at Your Mom's HouseRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there weren't enough new releases to do a weekly new releases show, and apparently the show bogged down two websites instead of one, since it had to pull people from Gamespot.
    Mr. G wrote: »

In other news,

Where did you see this?
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    it kind of struck me that while Giantbomb was structured to do weekly live shows with minimal scripting, the Gamespot folks weren't
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

In other news,

I liked them! That's too bad.
    sig.gif Aneurythmia, Javen and thatdude_frombaywatch really smell pretty good and this pie is for them: pie
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    I find DOTA hard to get into but if anybody here does like DOTA and has ideas about items I'll listen because I'm way into fat stacks of money.

let's collabo

because I don't know how to art but also am interested in dat esports money
    FREEZE. Cool your jets. Ice to meet you. Take a chill pill. Stay frosty.
    subzeroice.gif
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    it kind of struck me that while Giantbomb was structured to do weekly live shows with minimal scripting, the Gamespot folks weren't

While that's true, I enjoyed the contributions of the GameSpot folks and I hope they show up on future Giant Bomb streams.
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    has the Arkham Origins teaser trailer been posted in here yet?

it's interesting how the vast majority of promo material thus far is devoted to intricate depiction of the hand to hand combat versus Deathstroke. probably safe to say there's going to be a more robust hand to hand fighting system?
    ETqXK.png

I'm watching the end of the first daily DOTA, there's the Bioforge stream, then another DOTA stream and the 514 quicklook.

I'm kind of glad there's no Wednesday show.
    snasi.gif
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY What killed the dinosaurs? The ice age.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I would be kind of worried if a new studio tried to improve upon easily the best third person melee combat system ever designed

They should just leave that stuff as-is and do something about the bizarre art direction/story writing
    THESPOOKY on
    subzeroice.gif
    Futore wrote: »
    has the Arkham Origins teaser trailer been posted in here yet?

it's interesting how the vast majority of promo material thus far is devoted to intricate depiction of the hand to hand combat versus Deathstroke. probably safe to say there's going to be a more robust hand to hand fighting system?

More robust than what's still the best non-fighting game hand to hand combat system? Like I'm not sure what you'd add that wouldn't alter it completely.
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    I really loved jumping into the middle of a group of thugs in arkham city and knocking them all out with counter attacks

it reminded me of that scene in the protector but not quite as painful to watch
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular

While that's true, I enjoyed the contributions of the GameSpot folks and I hope they show up on future Giant Bomb streams.

Yeah, I don't mean that as a knock against the Gamespot staff. It's just a different format than they normally work in, but I bet they'd be fine given more practice, and I definitely would watch more GB/GS material

Yeah, I don't mean that as a knock against the Gamespot staff. It's just a different format than they normally work in, but I bet they'd be fine given more practice, and I definitely would watch more GB/GS material

Just as long as they keep Slasher far the fuck away
    subzeroice.gif
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

let's collabo

because I don't know how to art but also am interested in dat esports money

We gettin e-sports money
    snasi.gif
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    never said it wasn't amazing! just noting how their promo stuff has put more emphasis on the hand to hand than any of the previous Arkham trailers ever did
    ETqXK.png
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    watching the dust 514 ql

drew 8->
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
    Stardew Valley got Greenlit today. Co-op farming is imminent.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1569781302750532884

also Riot, the riot simulator and four other games.
  • KilroyKilroy Seer of Heart Registered User regular
    in other news, I seem to have spent 6 of the last 18 hours playing dark souls

this game's alright I guess
    Steam brotimes Xbox Live: DigitalGravitas
  • The BetmanThe Betman Are you afraid of God, Booker? No. But I am afraid of you.Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    in other news, I seem to have spent 6 of the last 18 hours playing dark souls

this game's alright I guess

yes yes yes
    78dZ1eI.jpg

D3: TheBetman#1189 Steam XBox Live: The Betman PSN: The Betman 3DS: 1521-2933-5072
    Stardew Valley will be the end of me
    subzeroice.gif
    Well, I think Greenlight being broken is a foregone conclusion at this point
    subzeroice.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq9bKYfyM-o

Well if nothing else I'm liking the small adjustments to the art style.
    snasi.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    oh that isn't a gameplay trailer, nothing it shows means anything

batman is fighting the close combat bad guy in close combat

but yeah slightly less bulked up batman is a good change
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Arkham fighting was great against crowds of henchmen but of they can also make one on one duels against other martial artists satisfying that would be much appreciated.
    iYBQTfcwSi2EW.jpg
  • HullisHullis I'm no more a spy than you are- A doctor.Registered User regular

HOW HAD I NOT HEARD ABOUT THIS
    2wrn580.png
    holy fucking SHIT I NEED THIS GAME
    2wrn580.png
    Hullis wrote: »

It looks so cool!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO1gjnmgKAM
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    oh that isn't a gameplay trailer, nothing it shows means anything

batman is fighting the close combat bad guy in close combat

but yeah slightly less bulked up batman is a good change

Batman not looking like he was stung by hundreds of bees is a great start for Origins
    subzeroice.gif
    captaink wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »

It looks so cool!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO1gjnmgKAM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    2wrn580.png