Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

WHAT THE [CHAT]

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i had one of those nerve tests for my forearms and hands!

it hurt a lot! i don't know if it was supposed to hurt!

i'm in constant pain anyway though!

fuck bodies!
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Yet another reason why I love my fucking home state.
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Nox+Aeternum.gif
    Damn straight and I'm not giving up any of my crazy ground to some no talent hack.
  • VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    eddy I'm a doctor

have you been eating an apple every day?
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    i got a bunch of weird nerve tests today it felt very strange. i got a bunch of tiny electric shocks that stimulated the nerves and made me jerk my legs ad things around.

the good news is i dont have a catastrophic nerve disease!
    that shit is my specialty
    were you afraid you did?
    does it run in your family?
    are you okay????

no, nothing like that in my family

ive been having ongoing fatigue and muscle weakness and no one can figure out why, the docs are running out of tests

the good news is that every doctor i've been to has ruled out something horrific

too much great sex?
    Casual Eddy needs to refill his potassium reserves stat.
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    I know my next av/sig theme already thanks to moniker.

don't ever change your current one it is too good

dare I say it is - 2 legit 2 quit

One day Sailor Mercury has to retire. She can't keep saving Sailor Moon.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    It's weird, but I always wanted to be like Sailor Mercury (Excelling at everything academically, even art!) but I am closest in personality to Sailor Moon.

Just like in my early 20s, I thought of myself as mostly a Miranda but I was really a (ugh) Carrie.
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm a monster
    there was a frozen snickers bar in our freezer, i didn't place it there, and i ate it. and tomorrow i will walk away and no one will know my crime

3.9 Hitlers
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    the only modern president who worked congress was LBJ

Given the correlation that his legislative success had with congressional majorities, I think there's a good reason to be extremely skeptical of that claim.

If to "work congress" is to "enjoy massive majorities", then yes, he worked the hell out of congress.

herding dixiecrats into line at the height of the CRM was no mean feat

Herding dixiecrats into line to do what, exactly?

Dixiecrats weren't fake Republicans.

They sure as hell weren't party line democrats

Sure. The point is that the parties at the time weren't analogous to the parties of today but with mixed up names. The ideological divides were a bit different. Dixiecrat =/= Republican

I think we're aware of that. The real point is that a great Democratic Party majority in Congress did not guarantee LBJ the kind of party unity and easy bill-passin'-slip-n-slide that we assume majorities mean based on today's rigid practices. Just because Democrats controlled the House and headed every committee didn't mean LBJ didn't have to contend with a critical mass of hostile Senators and Reps, often from his own party

I don't think that's the point because it hasn't been suggested that there wasn't politicking to be done.

Congress during LBJ's presidency didn't pass perfect bills, it passed bills that had to be based on compromise. Given the majorities that were largely aligned behind the notions that drove those bills though, compromise came much more easily than if there wasn't that kind of majority.

"easy bill-passin'-slip-n-slide" and "LBJ didn't have to contend with a critical mass of hostile Senators and Reps" are notions that haven't been brought up here, but I'm glad you saw fit to shout them down before someone thought them into existence.

I'm not sure how you saw shouting in that response, but OK.

Yeah, no, I had typed a thing out but I really don't feel like getting involved in whatever you're working yourself up to
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    This thing is cool. It would also be cool (if not a bit lazy) cosplay.

Ain't no such thang as "cool" cosplay

My recently purchased hair clipper set proves you wrong.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    It's weird, but I always wanted to be like Sailor Mercury (Excelling at everything academically, even art!) but I am closest in personality to Sailor Moon.

Just like in my early 20s, I thought of myself as mostly a Miranda but I was really a (ugh) Carrie.

Whiny brat? no offence
    xXRaP6G.png

do want.

Where the fuck is this and why isn't it being shipped to me right now

http://society6.com/kendrawcandraw/cases

Ahhh

I wish it weren't a hard shell case

otherwise get in mah iphonebellah

Whiny brat? no offence

Lazy and I tend to suck academically.

Also, I eat a lot of food.

I'm not...super whiny or a brat but I don't seem super collected to a lot of people until the going gets tough then everyone is all surprised.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

You know, I guess you do look a bit like a horse, now that you make the comparison
    turtlesig.jpg
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Ugh, these sunglasses look small on my stupid face. Stupid clubmasters
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    This thing is cool. It would also be cool (if not a bit lazy) cosplay.

Ain't no such thang as "cool" cosplay

lies

nathan-fillion-link-zelda1.jpg

i luv u ntahtan b my boifrand

Note: The cool guy in that picture is the one not playing dress up.

CHECKMATE, COSPLAYERS

He cosplayed himself from a previous show in his new show

he is meta as FAK
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular

Whiny brat? no offence

I'm not...super whiny or a brat but I don't seem super collected to a lot of people until the going gets tough then everyone is all surprised.

Eh, you're okay.
    simonwolf wrote: »

You know, I guess you do look a bit like a horse, now that you make the comparison

there is about to be some toe touching and some head busting up in this thread!
    edited May 2013
    I must have been the only weeaboo child who never watched Sailor Moon

Cardcaptor Sakura 4 evar
    Hakkekage on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular

yawn
    turtlesig.jpg

Cardcaptor Sakura 4 evar

I never watched Cardcaptor Sakura, but I did admire CLAMP and their artwork.
    on a totally unrelated note I was trying to brute force my way though watching Sons of Anarchy because its so good, but that show is way to dark you need to take breaks watching stuff like that.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i got a bunch of weird nerve tests today it felt very strange. i got a bunch of tiny electric shocks that stimulated the nerves and made me jerk my legs ad things around.

the good news is i dont have a catastrophic nerve disease!
    that shit is my specialty
    were you afraid you did?
    does it run in your family?
    are you okay????

no, nothing like that in my family

ive been having ongoing fatigue and muscle weakness and no one can figure out why, the docs are running out of tests

the good news is that every doctor i've been to has ruled out something horrific

Check your blood pressure and salt levels. (though I'm assuming that they already did)

Gitelman's syndrome I think it's called.
    Sarksus wrote: »

Whiny brat? no offence

Eh, you're okay.

T-thanks?
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    Cardcaptor Sakura had insane character design

Cardcaptor Sakura 4 evar

At the time I was but a babe and we didn't have a computer with internet access in the house (we were always technologically behind)

So I guess I signed up for some WB 11 contest on their horrible early 2000s website on a computer in the public library, and Cardcaptor Sakura dress up doll kit arrived at my house some time later with a note CONGRATULATIONS FROM THE WB 11!!

By the point I was a little old for dolls, but it was still neat to win a thing
    Totally remember getting made fun of in grades 4/5 for liking Sailor Moon

there were no fucks given, shit was good
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark Registered User regular
    Ive been reading about Gitmo for the past half hour and getting angry about the whole thing and wife came up to ask me a question and I snapped at her

Im a monster : (
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.

yawn

z8410IK.gif
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    My favourite song. Ms Reno's voice is so powerful

Un peu plus haut, un peu plus loing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjD43FV8ySs
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    on a totally unrelated note I was trying to brute force my way though watching Sons of Anarchy because its so good, but that show is way to dark you need to take breaks watching stuff like that.

Or you could grow a pair and watch all of SoA, Breaking Bad and season 1 of Deadwood in one sitting

Then go murder someone

(s'ok, it's actually legal at that point)
    sigtk.jpg

Cardcaptor Sakura 4 evar

At the time I was but a babe and we didn't have a computer with internet access in the house (we were always technologically behind)

So I guess I signed up for some WB 11 contest on their horrible early 2000s website on a computer in the public library, and Cardcaptor Sakura dress up doll kit arrived at my house some time later with a note CONGRATULATIONS FROM THE WB 11!!

By the point I was a little old for dolls, but it was still neat to win a thing

I don't think I've ever won anything from any official contests.

Man, that would be hella neat.

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    And holy fuck I missed him playing here back in November
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • knitdanknitdan Registered User regular

I kind of wish Kurt Sutter would just run the show instead of write for it as well, because a lot of the really fucked-up parts are bits he insisted on.

Spoiler for season 2, not really related to above
    "Girl From the North Country" is now forever linked in my mind to gang rape.

I used to love the look of the "cards" spirits

Also I remember her friend who would sew her crazy costumes all the time and was probably in unrequited lesbian love with her

Wasn't Sakura's brother gay?
This discussion has been closed.