Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Strip Search - Paint the Line

123457»

• sketchitysketchity Registered User regular
    i don't think monica will have any trouble with the time limit. but, i don't think you can say, as some have, that those hourly comic challenges are any indication of an ability to produce quickly. her work for that was essentially one very small sketchy square per hour with no color or polish. documentary style (or maybe snapshot style) with no time spent on working up a joke, or pacing or even connecting the panels with a narrative. and no time spent on topic mash up, either. if any of that stuff is missing with an elimination comic it will likely lose. except maybe for color.

i suppose it is monica's chipper webcomic self-characterization that makes me think she will be fine time-wise. i get a distinct bubbling-with-ideas vibe.

in the end, regardless of the furrowed judgy brows of the previews, i believe we will get two very good comics.
  • GoslingGosling Team Monica Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    It was one panel, yes. But it was 20-ish panels over the course of one day. That's not much time per panel, especially with whatever other daily concerns are going on. Here, you've only got a couple panels to worry about and zero distractions aside from Mike and Jerry jawing at you. She should have enough time to color.

And you do see in the hourlies several points where Monica strung two or three panels together to make a combined joke. Three panels is plenty here.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, she turns 23 today. So happy birthday and such.
    Gosling on
    I'm trying, through my blog, to break into the journalism industry. Any eyes and ears that pick up on any leads towards that end are greatly appreciated. PM me if you happen to hear anything.
  • miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    this will be hard to watch i wanted them both to win, so this should be interesting, that's interesting her birthday is today
  • emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Regardless of the outcome, I bet Monica shits her pants.
    -mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    That will make for a bizarre Shamehole Confessional if she loses.
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Those 24 hourlies documentary comics confuse me when people call them 24 hour comic day challenges. I thought the 24HCD challenge was to make a 24 page comic in 24 hours. that's what I do, anyway. So, I think an hour per panel is a luxury! You can make a pretty crappy colour panel in under 10 minutea if you're really motoring though.

Having said that, Monica's style is very clean, simple and stylish - and she's drawn a lot of it. I reckon it'll translate well to this format.
    ahdok on
    http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • cwDeicicwDeici Registered User regular
    Where the **** is the next episode? RARGH! I gotta leave the house in an hour!
  • cwDeicicwDeici Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    *smiley* J/K of course, but hope to see it soon
    cwDeici on
  • goldenfalcongoldenfalcon Registered User regular
    Abby was the funnest to watch.
  • OckhamsFollyOckhamsFolly Registered User regular
    Aw, Katie's a sweetheart. She really tried to pump them up instead of making them feel like they were found wanting.