Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    i also don't show up for flights too early. never missed one.

POLICE
    GET FUCKED
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Off i go to see the film "Do You Even Lift", starring the "Dwayne Jonhson" Rock and Marky Mark.

The-Rock1.jpg

The Rock says, Enjoy yourself

The Rock is Samoan.

No fair.
    network_sig2.png
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Yay the PATH finally showed

Also I just realized I haven't eaten anything since lunch yesterday

I am Hungos

Deebs is your wifey coming too
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    A lady just came in and I asked if she lived at the same address we had on file. She said they do, but are moving soon. "I never know what to tell people because our address is changing so soon."

I almost said "oh me too but with my name" before realizing that I'd have to explain that one.
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I rarely fly and everytime I do I get stressed out because you usually have to be there so many hours ahead of time and have all your credentials in order and I'm always worried about profiling even though I haven't ever really experienced it first hand

I'm just anxious u no

Like half of Penny Arcade has anxiety disorders I swear.

Thanks now I'm anxious I'm not original

/paranoia
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Whoops!

Sylvia Browne's Failed Amanda Berry Prediction Returns To Haunt Her.
    Celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne is doing damage control over a prediction made nearly 10 years ago claiming Ohio kidnapping victim Amanda Berry was dead, but her actions may represent a watershed moment in how Americans view psychics.

"The [Ariel Castro abduction] is a test case for all psychics," said Joe Nickell, editor of Skeptical Inquirer, a magazine that encourages science-based analysis of paranormal and fringe-science claims. "Why didn't one psychic wake up in the middle of the night and know where they were?"

Browne told Louwana Miller, the mother of Amanda Berry, on "The Montel Williams Show" in 2004: "She’s not alive, honey. Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call," The Atlantic Wire reported. Berry was kidnapped 10 years ago and was found alive on Monday.

Yes, asshole 'psychics' aren't always accurate. That's the lesson to be gleaned from this tragic episode.

Like. I get the hate on psychics,I just don't get the outrage some people have over them. There's always gonna be profiteering off victims.

That would be the reason for the outrage.

Yeah, but then it's just semantics, and you can be victim to enabling crazy Scientology arguments with mental heath care..

whut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_psychiatry

Not helping.

Are you suggesting that mental health care is profiteering?

I mean, in the US, it pretty much is, because the healthcare system is fucked, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with psychics.

Read the part about Hubbard, it's pretty similar. I prefer to let individuals decide what they find value in. I'm not pro-psychic by any means, but I couldn't be angry that they're allowed to practice their profession without feeling similar feelings about abortion doctors and money lenders (according to some people.)

o_O

Frauds are Frauds. Frauds who prey on the weak and the desperate are especially odious. People who prey on the weak and the desperate generally are terrible.

And beauty's in the eye of the beholder.. It's easy to get on a pedestal and talk about frauds, but I think it's not nearly as black and white as you're making it out, and I don't see even an attempt at addressing my points.

I'm still not sure what your point is.

To compare nerds feelings about psychics with Scientologists and their hatred of psychiatry, and fundamentalists and their hatred of abortion doctors. I understand the emotions, and aspire for the same degree of civility, but it's just not the norm in this world. While I would never pay for a psychic myself, I would be upset if that option was taken from me.

No-one's arguing that we illegalize them or anything. We just want less acceptance of it.

And I'm arguing against that sort of belligerence. Unless laws are enacted, I just don't see any positive coming from feeling of aggression over inconsequential things. Yes, if your family went bankrupt because your parents wasted all their money paying that palm reader trying to find your baby sister, I feel for you, but is this any different than a family that got talked into too much house/car for them? Or that invested in a negative expected value financial product, that had full disclosures?

One thing I've learned to value as I age is good information/knowledge. I understand wanting to not let liars perpetuate falsehoods, but everyone lies at some point or another. Whether to others or themselves, and I'm just saying that being aggressive towards fully lawful purveyors is a recipe for injustice.

Aggressive? The hell you're on about?

this isn't complicated.

charlatans of all stripes = bad

how do we get less of it? Legally ban it? No. No need, no cause for it.

Less ignorance going around = less charlatans.

I agree, but I think summarizing the previous posts about psychics as anything, but aggressive is disingenuous.

There's a difference between us just venting feelings and what we actually think.
    xlh6c3.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    As much as air travel annoys me I find it hard to get too worked up about it relative to the shit that some of the people I work with have to go through.
    I rarely fly and everytime I do I get stressed out because you usually have to be there so many hours ahead of time and have all your credentials in order and I'm always worried about profiling even though I haven't ever really experienced it first hand

I'm just anxious u no

/paranoia

Meanwhile the original is all anxious over being the first out of the anxiety closet.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    Fucking shit night so far but only drink from emptying this pub's fridge of stout. I guess that's something at least.
    Whoops!

Celebrity psychic Sylvia Browne is doing damage control over a prediction made nearly 10 years ago claiming Ohio kidnapping victim Amanda Berry was dead, but her actions may represent a watershed moment in how Americans view psychics.

"The [Ariel Castro abduction] is a test case for all psychics," said Joe Nickell, editor of Skeptical Inquirer, a magazine that encourages science-based analysis of paranormal and fringe-science claims. "Why didn't one psychic wake up in the middle of the night and know where they were?"

Browne told Louwana Miller, the mother of Amanda Berry, on "The Montel Williams Show" in 2004: "She’s not alive, honey. Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call," The Atlantic Wire reported. Berry was kidnapped 10 years ago and was found alive on Monday.

Yes, asshole 'psychics' aren't always accurate. That's the lesson to be gleaned from this tragic episode.

Like. I get the hate on psychics,I just don't get the outrage some people have over them. There's always gonna be profiteering off victims.

Yeah, but then it's just semantics, and you can be victim to enabling crazy Scientology arguments with mental heath care..

whut

Not helping.

I mean, in the US, it pretty much is, because the healthcare system is fucked, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with psychics.

Read the part about Hubbard, it's pretty similar. I prefer to let individuals decide what they find value in. I'm not pro-psychic by any means, but I couldn't be angry that they're allowed to practice their profession without feeling similar feelings about abortion doctors and money lenders (according to some people.)

o_O

Frauds are Frauds. Frauds who prey on the weak and the desperate are especially odious. People who prey on the weak and the desperate generally are terrible.

And beauty's in the eye of the beholder.. It's easy to get on a pedestal and talk about frauds, but I think it's not nearly as black and white as you're making it out, and I don't see even an attempt at addressing my points.

To compare nerds feelings about psychics with Scientologists and their hatred of psychiatry, and fundamentalists and their hatred of abortion doctors. I understand the emotions, and aspire for the same degree of civility, but it's just not the norm in this world. While I would never pay for a psychic myself, I would be upset if that option was taken from me.

No-one's arguing that we illegalize them or anything. We just want less acceptance of it.

And I'm arguing against that sort of belligerence. Unless laws are enacted, I just don't see any positive coming from feeling of aggression over inconsequential things. Yes, if your family went bankrupt because your parents wasted all their money paying that palm reader trying to find your baby sister, I feel for you, but is this any different than a family that got talked into too much house/car for them? Or that invested in a negative expected value financial product, that had full disclosures?

One thing I've learned to value as I age is good information/knowledge. I understand wanting to not let liars perpetuate falsehoods, but everyone lies at some point or another. Whether to others or themselves, and I'm just saying that being aggressive towards fully lawful purveyors is a recipe for injustice.

this isn't complicated.

I agree, but I think summarizing the previous posts about psychics as anything, but aggressive is disingenuous.

There's a difference between us just venting feelings and what we actually think.

I wish we could really vent feelings.

Like a spaceship venting coolant. Just, "I'm so angry!"

*vents anger*

The walls are damaged, but the person calms down.
    I've always interpreted the be there X amount of hours beforehand as loose advice

I generally saunter over to the gate five minutes or so before boarding.

I've got better things to do than stand in a line for a plane that's not leaving earlier if I get on earlier. They sell beer at airports, for example.
    xlh6c3.png
    As much as air travel annoys me I find it hard to get too worked up about it relative to the shit that some of the people I work with have to go through.

I'll take "brown" for $300
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I was at the drugstore and they have a rack of magazines below the counter at the pharmacy, and they are always filled up with like fit girls in sports bras or celebrities doing a photoshoot. Today there was a copy of Inked with Jayme Foxx on it (May 2013 google it)

SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER

If they keep this up I'll have to use their bathroom one day.

Brown and named Mohammed.
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I was at the drugstore and they have a rack of magazines below the counter at the pharmacy, and they are always filled up with like fit girls in sports bras or celebrities doing a photoshoot. Today there was a copy of Inked with Jayme Foxx on it (May 2013 google it)

SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER

I went to Amazon the other day to look for sports bras and then realized that any of the models could beat me up pretty badly.

I'm just anxious u no

/paranoia

Meanwhile the original is all anxious over being the first out of the anxiety closet.

Honestly I don't know how much of my fucked up personality is the result of a disorder and now much is just environmental

My sister is carefree where I am tense, but she's also the younger one and got to walk on a lot of the groundwork I paved when we were younger

She'd deny that though
    Whoops!

whut

Not helping.

o_O

this isn't complicated.

I wish we could really vent feelings.

Like a spaceship venting coolant. Just, "I'm so angry!"

*vents anger*

The walls are damaged, but the person calms down.

speaking of if I make the spaceship game of my dreams there will be venting coolant and it will be really cool-looking

more space things should have heat as an integral part of it.

If for no other reason than the fact that you can get some spectacular visuals from it.

That annoyed me about mass effect - the codex writers came up with a cooling method that sounded like it was made up for the explicit fact that it would look hells of cool and then it was ignored in the actual visuals. Same with everything about the spaceship visuals, actually.
    xlh6c3.png

I'm just anxious u no

/paranoia

Honestly I don't know how much of my fucked up personality is the result of a disorder and now much is just environmental

My sister is carefree where I am tense, but she's also the younger one and got to walk on a lot of the groundwork I paved when we were younger

She'd deny that though

You have a carefree younger sibling and are now an anxious old husk?

Me too, high five >.>

SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER

I went to Amazon the other day to look for sports bras and then realized that any of the models could beat me up pretty badly.

but enough about your fantasies...
    I'm more carefree than my younger sister.
    xlh6c3.png

Pfff ain't nothin
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I did it! It's all finally over! Now to drink and make my liver hate me.

224205_10151400411743247_123492005_n.jpg

Aww is dat yo mamma

She be proud

I wonder how much of me is disorder and environmental and such but mostly with trans stuff, so it's probably not that related to your stuff Hakks.

No fun either way, though.
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    I've always interpreted the be there X amount of hours beforehand as loose advice

I've got better things to do than stand in a line for a plane that's not leaving earlier if I get on earlier. They sell beer at airports, for example.

You can't saunter over to board if you're still in security waiting to get fondled because you misjudged the line/wait.
    tea-1.jpg
    I want to get a fake beard and a turban and go through security all what's up
    xlh6c3.png
    Going underground now adioos

Pfff ain't nothin

Also bearded and from Birmingham.

It's basically the checklist of stereotypes.

I'm just anxious u no

/paranoia

She'd deny that though

The reason that you are always anxious is because you are always surrounded by boys. And boys are wolves.
    tea-1.jpg

SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER

Oh, my fantasies?

You must have me mixed up with Quid.

Who wants a trans girl to lift him up and carry him home from a bar.

You can't saunter over to board if you're still in security waiting to get fondled because you misjudged the line/wait.

I almost never misjudge the line/wait

and when I did I was rushed to the front of the line so I could reach the plane anyway
    xlh6c3.png
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    Aww is dat yo mamma

She be proud

Yea that's my mamma and I.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
    Someone lifting me up and carrying me home from the bar is a fantasy I have every time it's time to go home. It would be very nice.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER

Ha, is evaluating other people's potential fighting prowess common for you?
    there should be a wheelbarrow service here
    xlh6c3.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular

SHE WAS IN THE SHOWER

Oh, my fantasies?

You must have me mixed up with Quid.

Who wants a trans girl to lift him up and carry him home from a bar.

Hi my name is evilbob. Who are you?
    I want to get a fake beard and a turban and go through security all what's up

I worked with a guy who converted when he got married, so he was a white guy who actually had the beard, and wore the taqiyah and all that.

He had to fly to London twice a week for meetings, and was "randomly selected" for further screening at least once a fortnight.

I almost never misjudge the line/wait

and when I did I was rushed to the front of the line so I could reach the plane anyway

I doubt they'd do that for me at O'Hare.
    tea-1.jpg
    I also fantasize about someone coming into my room, pouring coffee into my mouth with a funnel and then carrying me to the shit I have to do. That would also be very nice.
    xlh6c3.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Someone lifting me up and carrying me home from the bar is a fantasy I have every time it's time to go home. It would be very nice.

140.jpg

Better than a cab ride.
This discussion has been closed.