Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Went to a wedding tonight. It was fun. All the people were super old, because the grooms were in their late 60s, but they went crazy on the dance floor.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    THIS CLUB IS AWFUL.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Get on better planes.

My flight had no delays, had cute girls in pretty dresses, no turbulence, free unlimited booze and Django Unchained and the SNES F-Zero on a personal monitor
    AoTsig_zps8cfd65c2.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Most clubs are awful.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    141e58f0.jpg

JOY
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    By the by, if you get a chance to see the Joy Formidable live in an intimate venue, it's pretty balls awesome.
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
    Euro trash bar across the street is playing an EDM mash up of Summer loving... That DJ should have his License revoked
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I'm playing Actraiser. This game is the best. Actraiser 2 eliminated the city-builder parts, which was stupid. It needed to EXPAND the city builder parts and link it back to the action parts in more ways. Are there any more modern takes on this idea? Like what's the deal with Black and White?

several of the Kairosoft games combine simple city building with other stuff. Like Ninja Village or Epic Astro Story. Though none of them with a sidescrolling game like Actraiser (which was indeed great, that was an excellent birthday present back in the day).
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Deeb yeah those too small

Wrd

Sup

I'm in DC

It's been raining a lot
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |

Wrd

Sup

I'm in DC

It's been raining a lot

Don't worry, it'll be sunny and muggy as fuck tomorrow.

Wrd

Sup

I'm in DC

It's been raining a lot

I bought new ones. they're the new larger squarer clubmeisters.

They a much better fit.
    Enjoy DC. Tell the prez I said holler
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    I'm sending the other ones back to amazon. For the reason I put Other: Fuck yo "one size" bullshit
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Turbulence on planes is like a free carnival ride. Everyone should just not throw up and have fun.

Would have agreed before I saw that afghani video. No everything about flying is pants shutting terror for me

That was a fully-loaded cargo plane with its very heavy cargo not secured properly. It couldn't happen on a passenger jet. Not like that anyway. And it's incredibly unlikely to happen at all. You should be shitting your pants when you cross a street instead. You're way more likely to be murdered by a mode of transportation then.

This is kind of bullshit apparently

When measured on a per-km basis, yes, planes have a far lower accident rate than cars and other land vehicles.

When measured on a per-trip basis, which is by far more relevant for personal risk assessment, planes have a substantially higher chance of death.

Also, the safest vehicular transportation per trip IIRC was bussing.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    The weather overall is p decent tho temp wise
    Just intermittent periods of heavy rain

I been visiting HS friends... One is recently engaged, the other has a ring on the way from Scotland...
    That is weird
    Lots of wedding talk... and they know lots of engaged people or whatnot
    Which is weird to me
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Yeah, it seems kind of weird to me that with retro-fever in full swing, nobody in all this time has thought to copy or improve on the Actraiser formula. Was it just a huge bomb at the time or something?
  • descdesc the '87 stick-up kids Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Should I type up a report on the Montsegur saga so far

or should I wait until Act 2 ends "for real"

I dunno. Hm. There's something to be said for taking care of some writeup duties in chunks rather than one huge blob of writing.

@simonwolf
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Get on better planes.

My flight had no delays, had cute girls in pretty dresses, no turbulence, free unlimited booze and Django Unchained and the SNES F-Zero on a personal monitor

This sounds as good as you can get without first class.
    THIS CLUB IS AWFUL.

add:

animal masks
    poi
    confusing music
    people painting on things which are not meant to be painted upon

remove:

current social identities
    boring habits
    generic modes of "being in a club"
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Should I type up a report on the Montsegur saga so far

or should I wait until Act 2 ends "for real"

I dunno. Hm. There's something to be said for taking care of some writeup duties in chunks rather than one huge blob of writing.

simonwolf

Right, I'm just considering what the current blob is, and it isn't really that big - eight scenes, some of which won't be difficult to convert into less IRC-ish text (though that last scene might be the exception)
    turtlesig.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Desc, life as an art film sounds godawful.
    The weather overall is p decent tho temp wise
    Just intermittent periods of heavy rain

I been visiting HS friends... One is recently engaged, the other has a ring on the way from Scotland...
    That is weird
    Lots of wedding talk... and they know lots of engaged people or whatnot
    Which is weird to me

In about three years you will spend p much every weekend a summer at a friends wedding.

It is known
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
    Organichu wrote: »

chu, just fuck a housewife in the back of an Accord with too many option packages added at the time of purchase already and get it out of your system.
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    By the by, if you get a chance to see the Joy Formidable live in an intimate venue, it's pretty balls awesome.

They're playing the Fox in a month

Welp, that's concert #1 for June booked
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come

chu, just fuck a housewife in the back of an Accord with too many option packages added at the time of purchase already and get it out of your system.

Loaded Accord? What am I, an asst manager at Best Buy?
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    HEY

Would someone without a Great Firewall please PM me the text of this please please please? You will get much gratitude in return!

http://noahpinionblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/will-abe-address-japans-number-one.html

Or even just post it here.
    Loren Michael on
    2ezikn6.jpg
    I'm probably going to return the glasses I got today too, seeing as How they appear to be considerably cheaper on the interbutts.

I am a monster
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    GGuNlEx.jpg?1
    turtlesig.jpg
    HEY

Would someone without a Great Firewall please PM me the text of this please please please? You will get much gratitude in return!

http://noahpinionblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/will-abe-address-japans-number-one.html

Or even just post it here.
    First Abe surprised me by actually following through with his monetary policy promises; he appointed Haruhiko Kuroda to the BOJ, and together they are embarking on the most ambitious attempt at "reflation" ever tried by a central bank. It remains to be seen if this will actually work, of course; Japan remains mired in deflation even after the announcement, casting further doubt on the effectiveness of the "expectations channel" of monetary policy. But Abe is trying, and that is the important thing.

Now, Abe is talking about an issue that I think is far more important than monetary policy - and one which I had even less hope that he would address. I'm referring to the status of women in the Japanese economy.

One of the essential things that differentiates Japan's economy from ours is that in Japan, women still form an economic underclass. Japan's labor market has an infamous "two-tiered" structure, in which there are two kinds of workers: "Real workers" and "contract workers". The former have (theoretically) lifetime employment guarantees, guaranteed yearly raises, bonuses, and full benefits, with the possibility of promotion to top management. The latter have low, stagnant salaries, few benefits, few guarantees, and little if any possibility of promotion. The former are mostly men. The latter are mostly women.

Not only is this a tremendous waste of talent, it discourages women from entering the workforce. For this reason, most Japanese mothers quit work when they have kids, and working Japanese women tend to have few kids. In addition to holding down Japan's GDP, this is often cited as one cause of Japan's low fertility rate.

Many of Japan's peculiarities seem less peculiar once you know this fact. For example, Japan's unemployment rate is famously low. But Japan's labor force participation rate is even lower than ours. Women make up much of the difference (teenagers and early forced retirees make up the rest).

Anyway, it has long been known that women's exclusion from the Japanese corporate system is one of the main things holding back Japan. In addition to boosting U.S. total GDP by getting more people into the formal workforce, women's increased economic equality has thought to have boosted American productivity by quite a lot. Japan has received no such boost. Pretty much everyone knows that Japan needs to make women more equal; everyone from Aung San Suu Kyi to the U.S. Embassy to the IMF harps on the point. A thousand articles have been written on the topic, but not much has changed.

Why has not much changed? Japan's protected economy, heavily subsidized "zombie" companies, and weak corporate governance insulate it from the Beckerian free market forces that probably helped advance gender equality in the U.S. in the 80s and 90s. In the absence of such market pressures, the most proven route to gender equality is the Swedish/French route, in which the government basically just tells companies "Thou shalt hire and promote women." This method has proven successful in those highly regulated, somewhat protected European countries.

However, Japan's politics has long been dominated not by France/Sweden-type social democrats, but by arch-conservatives. These arch-conservatives made their home in the long-reigning Liberal Democratic Party, which ruled uninterrupted for 55 years and squelched most efforts at social reform. Nobusuke Kishi, the founder of the LDP and its most important leader, was Shinzo Abe's grandfather.

During Abe's first term, he appeared entirely uninterested in addressing the problems of women's equality. His foreign minister and right-hand man was the late Shoichi Nakagawa, who once said:
    "Women have their proper place: they should be womanly...They have their own abilities and these should be fully exercised, for example in flower arranging, sewing, or cooking. It's not a matter of good or bad, but we need to accept reality that men and women are genetically different."
    So you can see why I have been skeptical about Abe's commitment to women's equality.

However, Abe may surprise me again. According to all reports, Abe is contemplating a big push to put more women in corporate boardrooms:

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe moved Friday to compel corporate Japan to promote more women to executive roles, asking business leaders to set a target of at least one female executive per company...
    “Women are Japan’s most underused resource,” [Abe] said...
    More details are expected in June, when the government is to unveil a “national growth strategy” of deregulation measures and other structural changes designed to make the economy more dynamic.
    Just by saying this, Abe has surprised me, actually. But given his party's strongly sexist traditions, it is far too soon to declare a revolution. As he did with monetary policy, Abe must convince me with dramatic, unprecedented, massive action...and more importantly, he must convince Japan itself.

But if he does...then Abe will have outdone even his predecessor and patron, Junichiro Koizumi...and maybe even his own grandfather as well.
    EM, gimme a cross street and I will light that place on fire
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

I dunno chu

are you

now fly to california for Priceless and let's float in the river and talk to snooty girls who are on drugs
    Drug-on tacos are way more fun than the other kind.

I dunno chu

are you

...whoa
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Yeah, it seems kind of weird to me that with retro-fever in full swing, nobody in all this time has thought to copy or improve on the Actraiser formula. Was it just a huge bomb at the time or something?

No way to know really, Dont think there were much in the way of sales numbers then and nintendo doesnt release Virtual Console numbers.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular

I dunno chu

are you

now fly to california for Priceless and let's float in the river and talk to snooty girls who are on drugs

The Price is Right.

Unless your chu and poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Thanx!
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

No way to know really, Dont think there were much in the way of sales numbers then and nintendo doesnt release Virtual Console numbers.

It was quite a popular title at the time.
    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson

I dunno chu

are you

...whoa
    It's gotten to the point where a person correctly spelling "whoa" makes me sigh in relief

Thank you, chu

Thank you
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    I say this as someone who takes them regularly: this guy is better than benzos for relaxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo-fIy8wZjc
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come

I dunno chu

are you

...whoa

I'm tired

If you loved me, we would cuddle

*accusing glare*
This discussion has been closed.