Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    I should have gone to bed an hour ago

instead, internet
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Desc, life as an art film sounds godawful.

chu, just fuck a housewife in the back of an Accord with too many option packages added at the time of purchase already and get it out of your system.

Loaded Accord? What am I, an asst manager at Best Buy?

I dunno chu

are you

...whoa

I'm tired

If you loved me, we would cuddle

*accusing glare*

*holds chalk tenuously*
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Desc, life as an art film sounds godawful.

chu, just fuck a housewife in the back of an Accord with too many option packages added at the time of purchase already and get it out of your system.

Loaded Accord? What am I, an asst manager at Best Buy?

I dunno chu

are you

...whoa
    It's gotten to the point where a person correctly spelling "whoa" makes me sigh in relief
    woah

that bad?
    Per3th.jpg
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I really feel like I could have written club descriptions for Steffon and it would have been a perfect job for me
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    wait

what are the common misspellings of "whoa"? nothing occurs to me off the top of my head
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Oh, @RiemannLives

Thanks for the link earlier, but I actually listened to that podblast a few days ago - it, and the Cathar-centric game I've running with desc, Ell and Shiv made me realise that I would actually like to learn more about the roots of the Gnostic religions
    turtlesig.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    hwao

Elendil went back in time
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    "woe"? "whoe"?

those seem like the most likely candidates but I do not recall ever having encountered them
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    woah
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Oh, @RiemannLives

Thanks for the link earlier, but I actually listened to that podblast a few days ago - it, and the Cathar-centric game I've running with desc, Ell and Shiv made me realise that I would actually like to learn more about the roots of the Gnostic religions

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Wisdom-Guide-Western-Traditions/dp/0835608441

I liked this a lot
    edited May 2013
    or, if you're of Vietnamese lineage, hwoa

edit: goddamnit beaten to the joke and it was made better
    AresProphet on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLePtVyvCCs

SPOILER ALERT
    flash doesn't hit that

what the f flash

she wants the d

i expect this shit from batman, not you
    Per3th.jpg
    woah

ugh

my mind must have just erased any memory of having seen this

it's awful and misshapen
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    "woe"? "whoe"?

those seem like the most likely candidates but I do not recall ever having encountered them

By far the most common, in this very forum even, is "woah"

Or, god help them, "whoah"
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Oh, @RiemannLives

Expect to read a lot of apostles and early prominent Christians put words/meanings in Christ and each other's mouths (not too different from some stuff that goes on today) and go in directions as far ranging as pseudo Buddhism and spiritualist animism.

That 1st century CE was a doozy.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
    Elendil wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT
    flash doesn't hit that

what the f flash

she wants the d

in the comics he does eventually

they even have a kid and stuff
    "woe"? "whoe"?

By far the most common, in this very forum even, is "woah"

Or, god help them, "whoah"

hnnngh
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    Oh, @RiemannLives

http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Wisdom-Guide-Western-Traditions/dp/0835608441

I liked this a lot

I'll add it to my wishlist - I've current got the Gnostic Gospels and The Other God coming my way, which will keep me occupied for a while, hopefully
    turtlesig.jpg
    woah

ugh

my mind must have just erased any memory of having seen this

it's awful and misshapen

It is a really hideous and pernicious misspelling

Bad onomatopoeic spellings tend to stick in people's minds
    Elendil wrote: »

SPOILER ALERT
    flash doesn't hit that

what the f flash

she wants the d

in the comics he does eventually

they even have a kid and stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kzaYlywHc-A
    I spell it whoa, when I even use it at all in type.

People can be so anal about spelling sometimes.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    neverwinter keeps making my computer overheat

basically, the fans seem to run slower when i boot into windows. must be some driver thing

i could run in low resolution to keep the heat down

but fuck that.

who wants to run in low resolution?
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    LM tests of nonlinearity in GDP
     LM statistic[Test 1] =  13.63794
      p-value =  0.008544943
     LM statistic[Test 2] =  38.04904
      p-value =  7.372841e-06
     LM statistic[Test 3] =  41.44357
      p-value =  4.130159e-05

LM tests of nonlinearity in money
     LM statistic[Test 1] =  12.58522
      p-value =  0.01349077
     LM statistic[Test 2] =  13.43805
      p-value =  0.0976401
     LM statistic[Test 3] =  27.08259
      p-value = 0.007518373

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

basically, the fans seem to run slower when i boot into windows. must be some driver thing

but fuck that.

I assume you are on a Macbook?
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Turbulence on planes is like a free carnival ride. Everyone should just not throw up and have fun.

Would have agreed before I saw that afghani video. No everything about flying is pants shutting terror for me

That was a fully-loaded cargo plane with its very heavy cargo not secured properly. It couldn't happen on a passenger jet. Not like that anyway. And it's incredibly unlikely to happen at all. You should be shitting your pants when you cross a street instead. You're way more likely to be murdered by a mode of transportation then.

This is kind of bullshit apparently

When measured on a per-km basis, yes, planes have a far lower accident rate than cars and other land vehicles.

When measured on a per-trip basis, which is by far more relevant for personal risk assessment, planes have a substantially higher chance of death.

Also, the safest vehicular transportation per trip IIRC was bussing.

It's really not possible to compare the odds because there's no apples-to-apples metric way to break it down. The risk factors are simply too different. An airplane that takes off and lands successfully is unlikely to have something happen midflight. A car is the opposite, the middle of the drive is the part most likely to kill someone. So if you go by trips, the plane is at a disadvantage, if you go person-miles, the car is at a disadvantage. Also, the aircraft death figures also include rich people losing control of their little Cessna while out for a joy ride.

Maybe it's not as much of a clear cut statistical slam dunk as I implied but I don't buy that it's bullshit.

I don't know how you'd normalize the values, but in the last 8 years in the united states, 0 people have died in commercial flight accidents and approximately 32,000 pedestrians were struck and killed by automobiles.
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
    The book I'm reading is making me feel like an excellent stealth game would be a co-op situation with one player (or more) doing a slow, methodical, technical Splinter Cell style infiltration of a facility, while another player is playing the technician who has a top down view and is hacking cameras, misdirecting guards with falsified comm chatter, opening doors, shutting down or altering security systems, monitoring patrols, dropping weapons or supplies in from a drone, locating objectives, etc.

That would be so badass.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    i got high with my brothers last night

and also my mom
    wouldn't running in low resolution be faster than running in high resolution

wait wait

lower the universe's resolution

travel at light speed

increase resolution

i just invented ftl travel
    Per3th.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Blerg
    Robos A Go Go on
    edited May 2013
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I spell it whoa, when I even use it at all in type.

People can be so anal about spelling sometimes.

So you're spelling it correctly?

This is a case where the word is distorted in such a way that it makes my brain pause slightly. It puts a hitch in the reading process. That's really irritating.
    Evil Multifarious on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    So ducked mbgg

aren't we all.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    I'm not really sure what this test is even measuring.
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Cass your av changed I don't even know who you are anymore.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

but fuck that.

old imac

i have a new one in the mail

should fix my problem
    ronya wrote: »

That didn't stop me from writing one memorable undergrad paper

got a B+

so confused
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

but fuck that.

old imac

i have a new one in the mail

should fix my problem

Yeah I was going to suggest downloading a tool to manually control your fans but that wouldnt work.
    ronya wrote: »

That didn't stop me from writing one memorable undergrad paper

got a B+

so confused

I'm very much in the mood to just fiddle with it until it says what I want it to say, and bet on nobody checking the R code very carefully.
This discussion has been closed.