Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

King of the [Chat]

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    UGH

GOTTA POO

BUT MY CLEANING LADY IS CLEANING THE TOILET

and I hate talking to her
    2ezikn6.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I spell it whoa, when I even use it at all in type.

People can be so anal about spelling sometimes.

So you're spelling it correctly?

This is a case where the word is distorted in such a way that it makes my brain pause slightly. It puts a hitch in the reading process. That's really irritating.

I don't find whoa or it's variant spellings irritating because it's usually used in less serious writing anyways. Some words are more elastic then others in this regard. It's all about the sound it makes in your head and what that sound conveys.

I do the same thing with your even though I know better and I get shit for it around here all the time.
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Your Dark Descent FriendRegistered User regular
    bluh

blurp
    2ItqRJ7.jpgSteam/Origin/PSN: Corehealer / Core's Streamtastical Livestream (Streaming Wildstar Beta later this year).
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what this test is even measuring.

That didn't stop me from writing one memorable undergrad paper

got a B+

so confused

I'm very much in the mood to just fiddle with it until it says what I want it to say, and bet on nobody checking the R code very carefully.

can I still make Reinhart-Rogoff jokes or have we worn that one out?
    no more need for the old empire
    when the indigo children come
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp! I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I am hearing all the right things about Grand Theft Auto V.

I mean, I was going to get it regardless, because the thing that all the GTAs have over every other open-world game is ambiance. Their worlds are places I enjoy for their own sake even when the gameplay and story and controls aren't there. But it sounds like some of those may have seen some improvement?
    Elendil wrote: »
    no one should change their avatars

Let's Positive Avatars!(TM)
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    basically I need to deseasonalize and then detrend it

meh
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I recognize like two of you.

The rest of you are pod people wearing the names of old forum posters.
    UGH

GOTTA POO

BUT MY CLEANING LADY IS CLEANING THE TOILET

and I hate talking to her

For a second I thought this was a Cass post. Then I read cleaning lady.
  • AresProphetAresProphet giggle and the flames grow higher Registered User regular
    Hey now

I went with the trend

The one that you started

(and Corehealer maybe)
    My avatar is an immovable recognition of me. You see it, you think Corehealer. Or dragon thing, as Shivahn would say.

My sig is almost to the point of Narwhal levels of change, though I like my new Photoshop experimenting this time more.
    Hey now

I went with the trend

The one that you started

(and Corehealer maybe)

There are trends I am unaware of?

OH GOD I AM OLD
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I mean, I was going to get it regardless, because the thing that all the GTAs have over every other open-world game is ambiance. Their worlds are places I enjoy for their own sake even when the gameplay and story and controls aren't there. But it sounds like some of those may have seen some improvement?

It sounds like at the very least the controls are better and they have fixed the issue of gameplay/missions not matching that characters personalty by having 3 unique characters

I just wanna listen to the sweet ass radio stations.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »
    EM, gimme a cross street and I will light that place on fire

I sense it might not work out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY
    spool32 on
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I like the promo for next week's strip search.

"I'm not here to make friends.... ffffhahahahaha"
    "It's gonna be dicks on dicks on dicks"
    dkmouthsig.png

I just wanna listen to the sweet ass radio stations.

I really hope the selection is better and more varied then base GTA4
    wait

what are the common misspellings of "whoa"? nothing occurs to me off the top of my head

woah
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular

It sounds like at the very least the controls are better and they have fixed the issue of gameplay/missions not matching that characters personalty by having 3 unique characters
    is sassy hispanic lady an option
    Per3th.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

there is something about the tone of the gta games that i just find grating

like, before gta4, my problem was that the games had a really juvenile sense of humor and were kind of callow

so with 4, they were like

"no man gta is all grown up. we have real people with real problems etc"

so i bought it

still juvenile, but now also kind of miserable too

all growed up
    edited May 2013
    My avatar is an immovable recognition of me. You see it, you think Corehealer. Or dragon thing, as Shivahn would say.

My sig is almost to the point of Narwhal levels of change, though I like my new Photoshop experimenting this time more.

I think it would probably be better with less my little pony fan art. Or more. You're at the least optimal level is what I'm saying.
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

all growed up
    is

is that not how it's supposed to work
    Per3th.jpg
    Irond Will wrote: »

there is something about the tone of the gta games that i just find grating

like, before gta4, my problem was that the games had a really juvenile sense of humor and were kind of callow

so with 4, they were like

"no man gta is all grown up. we have real people with real problems etc"

so i bought it

all growed up

Maybe this time it'll turn out to be a case of Goldilocks finding just the right bed and just the right porridge. Not too hot, not too cold.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    One thing I absolutely love in games is having multiple characters you can play as and switch perspectives

Like I remember some obscure JRPG on the SNES had three different dudes you could switch between and their own respective groups and I thought that was really cool

That kind of thing alone has me really excited for GTA V
    CDIOl.png

I think it would probably be better with less my little pony fan art. Or more. You're at the least optimal level is what I'm saying.

But I don't want just ponies. I also don't want none. I am at an impasse.

Eventually I'll just start making my own rather then stitching shit together from the Internet.
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    That was a good one. And quick! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
    2ezikn6.jpg
    edited May 2013

I have been using this avatar on various forums since like 2005. It's the same everywhere, across all platforms.

The only time I don't use it is if I'm mafia in a phalla. Then I'll use this:
    MKXhmEr.jpg

It's the title page to a reprint (scanned from the original and rebound by the Cambridge Free Press) of a 19th century dictionary of London thieves' cant.
    spool32 on
    One thing I absolutely love in games is having multiple characters you can play as and switch perspectives

Like I remember some obscure JRPG on the SNES had three different dudes you could switch between and their own respective groups and I thought that was really cool

Arkham City
    The only issue Im worried about with GTA5 is its going to be kind of ugly because its so ambitious. Im hoping for PC or Next Gen port asap

Eventually I'll just start making my own rather then stitching shit together from the Internet.

Come on, go full pony. I found you a new one. I know it's good because it came with a big disclaimer stating "ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THIS PIC ARE OVER 18" in several languages.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

acknowledge the constancy of my avatar! :x
    sig.gif
    Consistency is the watchword.
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Arkham City

I thought it was pretty okay, but optimally I like each character having a lot of stuff going on

A Song of Ice and Fire was rad when I first read through it because I was just like "Ohhhhh shit this is so cool!"
    CDIOl.png

Come on, go full pony. I found you a new one. I know it's good because it came with a big disclaimer stating "ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THIS PIC ARE OVER 18" in several languages.

I sort of want to show this sentence to a couple of random people and see what their reactions are

would be a fantastic psychology experiment

I am not that kind of otherkin, Mr Kong.
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    My dream game is an open world action game with red faction style destructible terrain wherein you create clones and customise them for each mission, and losing a clone is very expensive but not a fail state, and you can have multiple clones lying around but only have your character jacked into one at a time. So you can body-hop as it is tactically required but take the risk of leaving a body defenceless
    Shivahn wrote: »

acknowledge the constancy of my avatar! :x

There are three types of people basically

Those that never/rarely change their avatars

Those that change them fairly frequently

Those that change them every time you hit f5.

Group 1 for life.
    By the way, that book of thieves' cant is amazing. I used it in my DMing, and eventually I could write long paragraphs using so much obscure jargon that you needed the dictionary to follow what I was saying.
    The only issue Im worried about with GTA5 is its going to be kind of ugly because its so ambitious. Im hoping for PC or Next Gen port asap

It's not coming to PC? At least not initially?

Sad face.
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    The book I'm reading is making me feel like an excellent stealth game would be a co-op situation with one player (or more) doing a slow, methodical, technical Splinter Cell style infiltration of a facility, while another player is playing the technician who has a top down view and is hacking cameras, misdirecting guards with falsified comm chatter, opening doors, shutting down or altering security systems, monitoring patrols, dropping weapons or supplies in from a drone, locating objectives, etc.

That would be so badass.

and then a third player shoots everybody and shouts WE OUT
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.