Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

I Want To Be Sophia Loren When I Grow Up [fashion/beauty]

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Guys, ignore the messy room, I am a naughty girl haha

but more importantly, do you think @Gatsby will approve of this outfit? New Doc Martens.
    i2TUS5e.jpg

If he doesn't please let us know so that we may beat common sense into him via verbal abuse.
  • VivixenneVivixenne Not Mad... Just DisappointedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    lostwords wrote: »
    Yup air optix are my brand. And I wear them till they rip, basically, to make them last longer. The current ones I have, I've worn for like 3 months, I think?

I ain't your optometrist, but that kind of thing, you will pay for when your eyes get older

I've been told by multiple optometrists that sticking to the monthly/fortnightly schedule isn't just about infection or scratches or things like, but also about how long the lenses hold their integrity and are able to be cleaned as well

which means that you may wear 1 pair for 3 months, but it may slowly degrade and not match your prescription as accurately, which in the short-term is okay but in the long-term (i.e., when you hit your 30s) it will do a number on your eyes, including your vision worsening

it also means you have not-so-nice materials wearing down your cornea and increasing the risk of scratching it - my GP straight-up told me that if you continually over-wear contacts, that you will eventually not be able to wear them at all

so I mean, do what you want if it works, but wearing lenses over their intended dates just to save money is, by all accounts, not worth it in the long run

(also generally fortnightly/monthly contacts refer to roughly 14 wears or 30 wears... so if you wear them for 3 months but only wear them once or twice a week, then you're probably okay, but that could be stretching things a bit)

(and I speak as someone who used to wear my monthlies every day for 6 weeks before changing them for money reasons, which eventually precipitated in me needing to switch now to more expensive - but admittedly better quality - lenses and now wearing -5.25 and -6.00 where I was -1 and -1.5 when I started off)
    Vivixenne on
  • aMutantDreamaMutantDream Registered User new member
    Does anyone here have an inverted triangle/ v shape body??? Now that it's summer and I'm down to my ideal weight, I want to wear some cute sundresses and whatnot, but I'm... having a hard time finding things that flatter my frame. Any recommendations???
  • skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone here have an inverted triangle/ v shape body??? Now that it's summer and I'm down to my ideal weight, I want to wear some cute sundresses and whatnot, but I'm... having a hard time finding things that flatter my frame. Any recommendations???

Yes, I dooooo
    I'm fond of 50s style dresses. Specifically, snug top and flowing bottoms.
    Billowy skirts are nice. I learned from this thread that tucking in tops helps!
    Basically the goal is to balance out the top with the bottom.
    skettios on
  • FearghaillFearghaill TEAM NICKRegistered User regular
    What is it though?
    hawkeyesig.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Got catz in my zone Ca-catz in my zoneRegistered User regular
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    i think it's a heartbeat
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    elijah is totally bangable. he's just really tiny! I'd be the ivan drago to his rocky balboa if you know what I mean

You must... break him?
  • World as MythWorld as Myth Registered User regular
    @usagi you are god-queen of asymmetrical haircuts
    awesome-sig.png
    Blake T wrote: »
    The most difficult part of dating Kate is deciding which of your friends she is going to kill.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    What is it though?

it is a map of an underwater tectonic plate boundary
    xutFvZ4.gif
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i think it's a heartbeat

Pulsar
    twit | make stuff | GW2: Arithmetock.3459 | a list of wishes | a post of wishes | svpply
  • AntimatterAntimatter I remember touch I need something moreRegistered User regular
    it's that portrait of the red skull that we never got to see in the first avenger
    15Tpj.jpeg
    @usagi you are god-queen of asymmetrical haircuts

I'm unabashedly taking advantage of my hair texture loving this style
    twit | make stuff | GW2: Arithmetock.3459 | a list of wishes | a post of wishes | svpply
    Usagi wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i think it's a heartbeat

Pulsar

(i knew, i was being a little shit)
    15Tpj.jpeg
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    thank you all for setting me up to listen to Joy Division

i now know what i'm doing for the night
    ETqXK.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Registered User regular
    I got a haircut today but I am pretty sure the hairdresser heard, "Leave an inch on the top" rather than, "Take an inch off the top."

It's pretty dang short for me, but I think I can... work with it?
  • GatsbyGatsby Last night I had a dream about you In this dream I'm dancing right beside youRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Guys, ignore the messy room, I am a naughty girl haha

but more importantly, do you think @Gatsby will approve of this outfit? New Doc Martens.
    i2TUS5e.jpg

Naughty girl confession, schoolgirl tartan skirt... yeah, I think Gatsby's going to appreciate it just fine.

I would just like to confirm

I did
    daft2.gif
  • tynictynic Registered User, ClubPA regular
    adventures in inept self-grooming: don't use that stupid sticky pink home hot-waxing stuff if you've lost the paraffin wipes that come with it.
    "eh I'm sure something else I have in the house will take it off."

yeah nope. I have had a sticky, flourescent pink bikini line all day. (i wore my least liked underpants).
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad HARD TO SPOT Miami, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    I mean, he looks great in a skirt, he's totally got the calves to pull it off.

Unfortunately, @Gatsby can't fit into my miniskirt. It isn't a matter of trying it on, more a matter of its total destruction. Anyway. Raging yellow fever. And David tennant is the only guy I find attractive in a kilt.
    louiesig_zps64349e4f.png
  • cabsycabsy Registered User regular
    Unsure if serious but I can totally see wearing one piece of that at a time and it looking totally rad. All three at once may be playing with fire
  • godmodegodmode Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Looks like the 80's and early 90's OD'd and threw up all over that outfit.
    godmode on
    sig.jpg
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Looks like the 80's and early 90's OD'd and threw up all over that outfit.

And that's what makes it amazing
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i'm getting pics from the end of college
    like our senior ball and stuff

dang i need to get me some suiting (obv not a tux but, just more suits in general)
    29500_1328859101880_7680217_n.jpg

also, nostalgia, i have it :cry:
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    what
    americans still do Balls in college??

jeeeeeze

dang i need to get me some suiting (obv not a tux but, just more suits in general)

which are you? I don't remember seeing your photo before
    Mysst wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    You want a walking talking personification of confidence giving power to any style?

Hey, @Mysst. Get in here.

Well, I keep thinking about if I want this or not
    4zmKWuf.jpg

Why is this even a question? Doo eeet
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

which are you? I don't remember seeing your photo before

Photographer.
    what a ripoff!
    the indian one with the redbull

i had finals that day, i remember, everyone else was already done with finals except me
    edited May 2013
    Kochikens wrote: »
    what
    americans still do Balls in college??

jeeeeeze
    it's more fun with open bar : o
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    edited May 2013
    well, hello.

wait, fuck, new years res was no cradle-snatching.
    tynic on
    that was from 3 years ago, i omitted that by accident, i meant to say these are showing up in my timehop (which show you pics from your social media this day X years ago)
    oh I figured they were from a while ago cause you said nostalgia. but I'm hella old.