Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[League of Legends] : Awakening | Latin America servers on their way

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes ~Shake Shake~ MWO:Endgame Registered User regular
    Teams ran trundle in the games yesterday. I'm sure they are allowed, I just doubt anyone is comfortable enough to play them or practiced them as part of a team comp.

Which leads to my soloq complaint. People pick "pro" champs without realizing the pros pick based on their team comp, not just whatever they feel like playing. Arg.

Yup, that's because most of the playerbase is sheep :D

From my experience there aren't many people that think critically about their picks, they would much rather not think about it and just pick what the pros do.
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • CoinageCoinage Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    Watching these Rammus games, I thought Rammus always wanted to buy spirit stone, but they keep buying madred's? I guess the madred's clear would be slightly faster, but I don't see the value, really.

Spirit Stone is only good on people who are already good at clearing the jungle. Tanks like Mao'kai, Nautilus, Shen, and Rammus have absolutely abysmal clear times, and Madred's is infinitely more useful.

Except as they stated during the Dignitas game, Rammus wants health, so Ancient Golem is the better way to go more often then a madreds you aren't going to fully upgrade. Most of the probuilds players are going Golem and Boots 5, forgoing any of the armor bonus until after in the build. This of course assume you aren't getting outright destroyed like TS and Cats are because it's so easy to put him behind.

Madred's costs 400 gold. Spirit Stone costs 400 gold. SS, however, locks you into buying Golem when Tenacity doesn't do anything for Rammus.

No one fully upgrades Madred's, unless you have an AS steroid and you get an early kill.

Watching these Rammus games, I thought Rammus always wanted to buy spirit stone, but they keep buying madred's? I guess the madred's clear would be slightly faster, but I don't see the value, really.
    Spirit Stone is only good on people who are already good at clearing the jungle. Tanks like Mao'kai, Nautilus, Shen, and Rammus have absolutely abysmal clear times, and Madred's is infinitely more useful.
    Calling their clear "abysmal" is a huge overstatement in S3, except maybe for Shen but he wasn't going to buy spirit stone anyway because of the mana regen. And spirit stone turns into ancient golem and gives Rammus some sustain. Madred's just sits there.

You only need sustain on Rammus if you're just flat out spamming all your spells, which you'd only do if you don't have a Madred's. Madreds Rammus walks up to creeps, hits W, and goes to the next camp.

I honestly can't think of a situation where Rammus would run out of mana without either himself or the enemy team being dead.
    Tenacity doesn't do anything for Rammus? Uh...

Also I was talking about the health regen as much as the mana regen since he has no shield or heal.
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Teams ran trundle in the games yesterday. I'm sure they are allowed, I just doubt anyone is comfortable enough to play them or practiced them as part of a team comp.

Which leads to my soloq complaint. People pick "pro" champs without realizing the pros pick based on their team comp, not just whatever they feel like playing. Arg.

Yup, that's because most of the playerbase is sheep :D

From my experience there aren't many people that think critically about their picks, they would much rather not think about it and just pick what the pros do.

We often enough see pros not really thinking about draft too much, there are a fair amount of games people seem to play champs they are good at, instead of a good team.

People in soloqueue are worse at this though!
    SC2EU/US: Frozenzen.437 Steam: Frozenzen
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Cdr, health and regen on an item is pretty nice. I buy it on Nautilus to help with mana issues and such.

Don't really jungle anyone else on that list.
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I was hoping CLG vs AC wouldn't be so...stompy.
    steam_sig.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Tenacity is something you buy on people who need to be moving to be useful (or if the enemy team is just inundated in CC). Rammus' only weakness to CC is that he can be stunned while powerballing, and Tenacity doesn't do anything to stop that; otherwise, he doesn't care if he's stunned while using tremor, taunt, or has spikes up.
    Carnarvon on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I want to meet the designer responsible for Kha'Zix and just jump kick him or her right in the face.

'I KNOW GUYS! WE'LL MAKE A CHAMPION WITH THE BEST SUSTAIN IN THE GAME, AND ATTACH THAT SUSTAIN TO A LONG RANGE ARTILLERY CONE!'

'...I dunno. Maybe if the sustain only procs in melee range?'

'Pfft. Fine, whatever. Just give him a long range gap closer with a reset and I guess we can call it a compromise.'

Yes, I am still angry
    The Ender wrote: »
    I want to meet the designer responsible for Kha'Zix and just jump kick him or her right in the face.

'I KNOW GUYS! WE'LL MAKE A CHAMPION WITH THE BEST SUSTAIN IN THE GAME, AND ATTACH THAT SUSTAIN TO A LONG RANGE ARTILLERY CONE!'

'...I dunno. Maybe if the sustain only procs in melee range?'

'Pfft. Fine, whatever. Just give him a long range gap closer with a reset and I guess we can call it a compromise.'

I'm guessing you had a game against a Kha'zix that did not go well?
    t7pXRdE.png
    Delphin Twitch Stream: check.php?c=delphinidaes NNID: delphinidaes Oosiks Live! check.php?c=theoosiks
  • CoinageCoinage Registered User regular
    Tenacity is something you buy on people who need to be moving to be useful (or if the enemy team is just inundated in CC). Rammus' only weakness to CC is that he can be stunned while powerballing, and Tenacity doesn't do anything to stop that; otherwise, he doesn't care if he's stunned while using tremor, taunt, or has spikes up.
    I'm just saying, on most of the games on probuilds they bought golem.
    if kha'zix ate a sheep to evolve would he become bahhhh'zix
    You're a monster.
    Well yeah but it will always be that way outside of certain specific team comps. There is money and position on the line so they have to carefully weigh the riskier picks, that being said we still see a pretty varied lineup because the champion balance is pretty well done so there aren't TOO many of those types of champs.

But yeah there will always be those popular safe picks.
    Yeah, it's not as bad as it was in Worlds, but it annoys me that Riot has tried so hard to get people to stop playing Shen in tournaments and they just...won't.
    I just don't think I enjoy reset mechanics. Nor do they engender very good counterplay.

I can see how some people enjoy them, but I just never could.
    You're a monster.
    Well yeah but it will always be that way outside of certain specific team comps. There is money and position on the line so they have to carefully weigh the riskier picks, that being said we still see a pretty varied lineup because the champion balance is pretty well done so there aren't TOO many of those types of champs.

Yeah, it's not as bad as it was in Worlds, but it annoys me that Riot has tried so hard to get people to stop playing Shen in tournaments and they just...won't.

Varega will hate me for this, but until they drop his Ult down so it's not Global and more just long range it will continue to be that way :(

Give it the same range as TF, Pantheon, Nocturne, etc.
    t7pXRdE.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    if kha'zix ate someones dad would he become pa'zix
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I just don't think I enjoy reset mechanics. Nor do they engender very good counterplay.

I can see how some people enjoy them, but I just never could.

Yeah, I could totally see how some people would like them.

Awful people, for instance. Like ones that are drawn to play Durrius or Katarina.
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
  • I needed a name to post.I needed a name to post. Registered User regular
    if kha'zix ate taco bell would he become kha'shitz
    aX9Hboj.jpg
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Who am I kidding, I can't let the crappy Internet stop me from turning fools into squirrels. Dumbass names like "Aatrox the Darkin Blade" ditto.
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    goddamnit.

stop making me laugh at the expense of my totem champion.
    UA1OmVB.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    If Kha'Zix played the trombone he would become Ska'Zix
    Rend,pc,days.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    If Kha'zix wanted to eat a caramel chocolate crunchy candy would be be Kha'twix?
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    If Kha'zix ate Mundo he would GOES WHERE HE PLEASES
    Rius on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    If Kha'zix ate Fizz he would be Fizz'zix.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Team Four Yordles And Their Pet Bear was an amazing success.

dLxfkvq.jpg

(look at time played)
    Raiden333 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    All I wanna do is play ARAM.
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    All I wanna do is play ARAM.

Yeah, every time I log on I'm like "I'll just warm up with an ARAM or two and then play some real games."

I haven't been to summoner's rift in over a week.
    camo_sig2.png
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Actually I was having a really good game against Kha'Zix (because I was Zed, and Zed is also bullshit, but there you go). First blooded him went he went for his dumb lv 3 all-in, killed him twice more and had double his cs at one point.

Does this matter? Nope, because it's Kha'Zix. He starts roaming, and I can't catch him because the long range heal artillery obviously also has to have a slow, so he wanders into lanes and just start kamikaze attacking. He dies a lot, but in LoL you're rewarded for kills and not punished for dying, so it doesn't particularly matter.

By the endgame teamfights I have to say that I was not performing well (I still can't quite get the hang of how to get behind the front line / avoid peel with Zed), but whatever. This isn't a story about me. This is a story about Kha'Zix, the bug, who is obviously OP because his team won a game. D:
    The Ender on
    Yes, I am still angry
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Actually I was having a really good game against Kha'Zix (because I was Zed, and Zed is also bullshit, but there you go). First blooded him went he went for his dumb lv 3 all-in, killed him twice more and had double his cs at one point.

Does this matter? Nope, because it's Kha'Zix. He starts roaming, and I can't catch him because the long range heal artillery obviously also has to have a slow, so he wanders into lanes and just start kamikaze attacking. He dies a lot, but in LoL you're rewarded for kills and not punished for dying, so it doesn't particularly matter.

By the endgame teamfights I have to say that I was not performing well (I still can't quite get the hang of how to get behind the front line / avoid peel with Zed), but whatever. This isn't a story about me. This is a story about Kha'Zix, the bug, who is obviously OP because his team won a game. D:

It's not precisely true you aren't punished for dying.

I lose towers all the time because of it.
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Guys I am back from the bachelor party in new orleans. Crazy shits. Will be playing league again
  • StragintStragint Registered User regular
    How do I build lane Hecarim? I really don't want to jungle.
    Stragint wrote: »
    How do I build lane Hecarim? I really don't want to jungle.

Same way you build jungle Hecarim.

Boots, lizard, visage, locket, whatever. I like iceborn gauntlet but eh.
  • VizardObserverVizardObserver Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    If Kha'zix ate a satanist would he become 66'zix??
    VizardObserver on
  • KogumaKoguma Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Bye Oddone!

JkpII9G.jpg
    Koguma on
    LoL NA: K0G, 2211 rated s2, Diamond in both Solo and 5s, Diamond 4 s3, 800 wins over losses in normal games.
    You can see me here playing stuff: http://www.twitchtv/mynameiskog
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    You're a monster.

Varega will hate me for this, but until they drop his Ult down so it's not Global and more just long range it will continue to be that way :(

Die.
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Support picks Quinn, insists that it's super great.

"Not banning Hec!" is "supports" reason we lost and blames Caitlyn.

...sigh...
    Mr_Sunshine1079.png
  • VizardObserverVizardObserver Registered User regular
    Dropping the range of Shen's ulti would gut top lane Shen because now he has to walk a ways to help mid lane, and he has literally 0 influence on bot.
  • StragintStragint Registered User regular
    Dropping the range of Shen's ulti would gut top lane Shen because now he has to walk a ways to help mid lane, and he has literally 0 influence on bot.

And thus mid lane Shen was born.
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Fed as darius in aram because it was my first time as him and I was the only melee

Team honored me because I wasn't a douche and kept trying

Some games just make me love this game
    Check out my new EP at http://etreraps.bandcamp.com
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

It sounds like you vastly misplayed the mid game and are blaming KZ over it. If you're 3/0 and good CS, you can either wander around and kill people, or if nothing else, farm and push. If KZ leaves you alone in lane with, what, a BF sword at the barest minimum? then push towers. Honestly, some of my favorite Trynd games (different champ, but similar idea) are ones in which my lane opponent abandons the land due to being 0/3 or whatever, and then I just split push the inhib.

Also make sure to dip into their jungle to steal buffs, or hell, solo dragon if their ward coverage is bad. Some shitty assassin going from 0/3 to like 5/8 isn't a big deal if you can punish them for it by taking map objectives and stay ahead yourself. If you just do your thing and take towers / dragon, you're snowballing your entire team via global gold.

Just remember to keep reminding people MIA, and maybe even throw wards for them while stealing jungle buffs.
    You're a monster.

I've said it before on vent, IIRC, but it bears repeating: TF had a global ult before nerf. Shen has only ever had an ult that could target four distinct points on the map, like a less versatile teleport (but easier to pub), but with a shield on it.
    programjunkie on