Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[League of Legends] : Awakening | Latin America servers on their way

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Huh.

Blue Vayne is really, really awesome.
    Yes, I am still angry
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Nidalee is so ridiculously overpowered in ARAM. And I was the one playing as her. I'm not even GOOD at landing her spears and I got most damage dealt. Plus she can heal. And since your whole team is there to keep you alive in the back lines, you can just pump out AP items all game.
    camo_sig2.png
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    late night league is a nightmare

clear the way, i'm here to miss all of my skillshots, misclick into their team, and say it was lag
    Box Live: TIFunkalicious
    LoL: Nerf Love
    Steam: TIFunk
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Support picks Quinn, insists that it's super great.

"Not banning Hec!" is "supports" reason we lost and blames Caitlyn.

...sigh...

Dude you gotta ban hecarim. He simply can't be stopped!

Wait, no sorry, for some reason I was mistaking not banning someone for a legitimate reason for a loss, ever. My bad.

In related news, if you want to support against hecarim, Janna is a hilarious counter. Slow hecarim is sad hecarim.
    Rend on
    Rend,pc,days.png
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Quinn is one of the worst supports I can imagine. Right up there with ezreal and draven in that they bring absolutely nothing at all unless they get farm.
    SC2EU/US: Frozenzen.437 Steam: Frozenzen
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    late night league is a nightmare

clear the way, i'm here to miss all of my skillshots, misclick into their team, and say it was lag

More than 200 ping is pretty debilitating. You're like back! Stop Lulu! Walk back! And she's just like

you'll see better with your eyes closed.
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Huh.

Oh god, I didn't even think about doing this because only Ezreal has the on hit Q to make it work from long range, but with tumble, you could kite like a madman using blue build on Vayne. I must try this.

• KayKay Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Huh.

Oh god, I didn't even think about doing this because only Ezreal has the on hit Q to make it work from long range, but with tumble, you could kite like a madman using blue build on Vayne. I must try this.
    I was seriously considering this after playing Bluezreal the other day and REALLY DIGGING IT, considering I'd been playing a bunch of top-lane Vayne because we had a tanky jungler and our mid insisted on playing Nautilus all the time.
    Atherton Kess in The Vale of Buried Shadows - AC:22, F:19, R:19, W:20 - Resist Force 10
    Alénthian, the Grace of Corellon in Dragon Slayers - AC:35, F:29, R:30, W:31
    Fairly sure corki could make the blue build work as well once he hits level 6.
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Quinn is one of the worst supports I can imagine. Right up there with ezreal and draven in that they bring absolutely nothing at all unless they get farm.

Free vision, a blind and a pseudo-stun alongside decent poke isn't horrible.

She's basically a weaker version of support Ashe. Certainly nowhere near being one of the worst supports possible.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Registered User regular
    Curious point but unless I'm mis-reading the build couldn't anyone with a spam spell (preferably one that applies on hit) and range work as a blue carry?

Like say... Soraka. :P
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Huh.

Hmm...

If you could catch draven's axes that will constantly refresh his W for gauntlet procs.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    newsig.jpg
    I uh... I don't want Blue Draven to be a thing, nope, not ever.

Dear gods man.
    Burnage wrote: »

Free vision, a blind and a pseudo-stun alongside decent poke isn't horrible.

She's basically a weaker version of support Ashe. Certainly nowhere near being one of the worst supports possible.

I guess she does bring the vision and the ministun. But damage is never really a worthwhile point for a support, as they will fall off massively around level 6 or so. This goes double for quinn, as her ult is extremely reliant on her having items to deal damage.

I still wouldn't *want* a support quinn, or a support ashe for that sake. But then I play mostly lulu/thresh, so my expectation on what a support should be able to do are... rather large!
  • KayKay Registered User regular
    Blue build could work on Quinn, given that her vault is usually instantly followed up with a Harrier-procced auto. Not QUITE an on-hit effect, but hey.

Also Urgot, but I'm pretty sure it started on Urgot rather than Ez. Actually, does Urgot's Acid Seeker proc on-hit? I don't remember. I think it doesn't and benefits from spellvamp?
    Atherton Kess in The Vale of Buried Shadows - AC:22, F:19, R:19, W:20 - Resist Force 10
    Alénthian, the Grace of Corellon in Dragon Slayers - AC:35, F:29, R:30, W:31
  • BurnageBurnage Just a harmless flower Registered User regular
    But damage is never really a worthwhile point for a support, as they will fall off massively around level 6 or so.

Counter-point:
    ezpS915.png
    Zyra and Elise are also good examples of supports where damage is a selling point, but they didn't give me the excuse to post keyboard cat Sona
    Yes, I know calling Elise a support is stretching things
    Elise support is a legit thing IMHO. It just isn't so great later on in the game.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Who are the most patient at playing with kinda crappy PA guys? When I played much, I was in silver. That was season 1, so I'm sure I haven't improved. I'd like to get in some time with a team of folks who won't get too ragey at me when I find myself out of position because I'm way out of practice.

Or when my item builds are just stupid.

I can take advice, though.

I'm Darkewolfe in game.
    Darkewolfe on
    Burnage wrote: »
    But damage is never really a worthwhile point for a support, as they will fall off massively around level 6 or so.

Counter-point:
    ezpS915.png
    Zyra and Elise are also good examples of supports where damage is a selling point, but they didn't give me the excuse to post keyboard cat Sona
    Yes, I know calling Elise a support is stretching things

You pretty much just made my point for me. Pre-6 all those people are mainly valued for either their combined cc+damage, or sustain+damage. Post 6 they all become CC+sustain (sona) or CC+utility (zyra, elise). None of them do damage worth mentioning after the early laningphase since they won't get the items they need when building support stuff. The fact that league has scaling on all damage, makes sure skills without items to back them up quickly become useless damagewise at around level 10+ or so, and increasingly weak around level 6 when people usually start picking up items.

Of course, if they get horribly fed they can do damage, but usually they won't. Elise is a fine support, but she is mainly there for the stun, and her extreme mobility, which does let her finish people off at times. And Sona does some sweet poke early on, but she doesn't really do any real damage in midgame or later. Zyra is in the same position, wherein she is mainly used for her CC.
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Registered User regular
    For those of you who didn't see it. This is Aphro starting the snowball of game 2 of the CLG VS Azure Cats game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwO4_ggjtU8

League Of Legends: Wolfmini
    Q98DBY0.png
    WolfMini's LOL Stream check.php?c=wolfmini
    Elise support is a legit thing IMHO. It just isn't so great later on in the game.

Actually it is great in a co-ordinated team late game. Mostly because you transition into a damage threat. If you watch Fnatic nRated play support Elise, he transitions into damage late game. Although this is at a pro level so its different. However elise support does scale into late game, if built correctly.
    Q98DBY0.png
    Oh wow, it has to feel so bad to be caught by something like that in a professional game.

CLG did outplay them completely the entire series though, but that was hell of a start for that game.
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Played some ARAM. One game I got Blitz, he is uhm... pretty ridiculous on ARAM if you can land hooks. I rushed 40% CDR for hooks all day.
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Huh.

Blue Corki is delicious. You can proc all the FF's with your spammable ult, plus then you get an excused to wave clear with your abilities.
    Joe K on
    edited May 2013
    Oh wow, it has to feel so bad to be caught by something like that in a professional game.

CLG did outplay them completely the entire series though, but that was hell of a start for that game.

They did. Aphro's rocket grabs were on target that entire game. Also in fairness to Demunlul, I had NO idea the hook when that far even if you stood at the back of that bush. You will also notice that Demunlol had a huge panic moment and used his rocket jump, but failed the jump because he angled it wrong. He then flashed and failed that because he was exhausted.

Edit: I wanted CLG to win, really the only player that I don't like on CLG is Chauster, but watching the post game interview with Travis he was being humble, which is err not normal for him. They honestly seemed like a different team in the interview like this whole thing had taught them a lesson that their arrogance is not well placed and that they need to change their training and team work up
    Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.png

I'm sure that from a strictly min-max perspective, it's not as good as just building the typical hyper-carry items (Vayne gains nothing from the AP bonus of gauntlet, for example).

But it is so awesome.

Tumble is basically always off cooldown, but what i found to be more impactful is that Vayne's ult is up so often. In an extended engagement you can use it twice!

You are basically untouchable when your ult is on and you're tumbling away (unless there are pink items around, presumably), and you can just feel the frustration as their assassins try to get on top of you but... just... can't... quite... get... her!
    Yes, I am still angry
    This is my favorite play from the LCS yesterday 'Sonic the hedgehog'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dUFnKQ9gM&feature=player_embedded

Q98DBY0.png
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular

I'm sure that from a strictly min-max perspective, it's not as good as just building the typical hyper-carry items (Vayne gains nothing from the AP bonus of gauntlet, for example).

But it is so awesome.

Tumble is basically always off cooldown, but what i found to be more impactful is that Vayne's ult is up so often. In an extended engagement you can use it twice!

You are basically untouchable when your ult is on and you're tumbling away (unless there are pink items around, presumably), and you can just feel the frustration as their assassins try to get on top of you but... just... can't... quite... get... her!

More E's would probably be key as well to keeping them off you. Add in Youmuu's or something like that and you're going to be a kiting machine
    newsig.jpg
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular

I think Elise scales incredibly well even without a lot of damage items. Her % based damage keeps her relevant throughout the game
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Lissandra is a support btw

Lissandra is a jungler!

Man I am all about the videos today. (the person in the video is not jungling)
    Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.png
  • histronichistronic Registered User regular

I think Elise scales incredibly well even without a lot of damage items. Her % based damage keeps her relevant throughout the game

My biggest problem when I play support spider is that I take all the kills from my ADC.
    PSN: rlinkmanl
    Currently Playing: Battlefield 3 Premium, FFXIII-2
  • histronichistronic Registered User regular
    Hecarim goes on sale tomorrow! I can finally ride the pony!
    PSN: rlinkmanl
    Currently Playing: Battlefield 3 Premium, FFXIII-2
    wazilla wrote: »

But it is so awesome.

More E's would probably be key as well to keeping them off you. Add in Youmuu's or something like that and you're going to be a kiting machine

Probably. I'll be honest, though: I more or less just spam condemn on cooldown, so I rarely notice it's utility as a kiting device. :P
    Yes, I am still angry
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular

But it is so awesome.

Yeah, Vayne with IE/PD and all that is obviously going to do more damage, but blue build is not about damage, it's about being a disgusting kite machine of hell and it's just plain fun to play. As others in the thread have said, Corki and Urgot work really well with the build too, though with Urgot you generally want a Black Cleaver and maybe a Frozen Heart for the tankiness for when you ult. Could still definitely do it though.

Now I'm going to do blue build Vayne, Corki, and Quinn too. I worry it might not be that great on Quinn just because she already kites well with good vault use, but then again, sub 5 second CD on vault means tons of harrier procs, and the sheen combined are going to make them hurt even worse.
  • VizardObserverVizardObserver Registered User regular
    Who's everyone's most satisfying champion to play?
    Rengar and TF for me.
    new TF's cards are hella fun to lock in
    edited May 2013
    So I have this weird feeling of unease today and I couldn't quite place why. It felt as is something was wrong, something was off.

I realized its because hotshotgg not only didn't lose his lane in 2 of the 3 matches against Azure cats, but he actually did well in the game that Rammus camped him, including a 1v1 of jj on Diana. His Shen play during game 3 actually is what caused them to stay in the game. He didn't throw the a game. The world is off balance.

During his shen game I was on vent with @varega and @delphinidaes and he built a phage and a zeal and I said 'what is he building' it had been so long since I had seen a tri-force that I forgot what it built out of.
    Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.png
    Rengar and TF for me.

Leona or Lulu. Either dashing into the middle of a team fucking all their shit up, or standing at the edge of a fight making sure their melee dudes never get to punch anyone ever is soooooo satisfying.

Every time I see a garen on the other team when I play lulu I start giggling like a madman.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Rengar and TF for me.

Katarina, hands down. The sharp dagger noises, the all-in ult, the reset on kills. So good.