Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh but also Cinders, you can make your own! You get an oil as a base and add some other stuff. I have a recipe somewhere, someone in SE++ (Usagi) gave it to me cuz she's boss.

That sounds awesome!

Have you tried it?

I have not. I am the lazy. But it looks awesome and I'm about halfway done with this bottle (which I got like two months ago so this might take a while) so...

You know what, remind me tonight and I'll order everything and tell you how it goes!
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    WHY can't I focus on work? I should be doing that, not posting on here.

Yet here I am.

This is getting to be a problem.
    steam_sig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Went here for Mother's Day. It was pretty good.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Hey technical folks, can you explain something for me?

It seems like my PC struggles to draw 1900x1080 to my large 40" television, where it does that just fine on my 22" desktop monitor. Why is that?

Not an A/V guy, but I'd imagine the primary issue lies with your video card being unhappy with that resolution. Is there any sort of configuration you have access to wrt the video card that might affect this issue?

I can definitely mess with the video res. Also I typo'd that, it should be 1900x1600. Maybe I should come down to the 1600x1200 or even something x 1080 so it's "native" for the monitor?

Yeah, you need to output something that's native for the TV, TVs aren't usually built to downscale very well on their own, which is the problem, it should be out at 1920x1080 on your TV assuming it's a standard 1080p screen.
    Couscous wrote: »
    I'm attached to pretty much every useless body part, even ones that shouldn't be there like random growths.

You might not be attached to the body part, just attached to the default state and terrified of change.

Ask me about that sometime!

(actually it's pretty straightforward and depressing and was the story of my life for years until I started estrogen)
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    OH GOD WHY.

8735905020_581ece12a9.jpg

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS.

Last night, 11th hour scrambling to get my presentation thing done? I dropped my laptop screen first onto a table. Huge crack, the plastic frame from around the screen popped off.

I stood there pulling a D: for a few seconds

Stuck it back in place, it clicked, I waddled off to bed whistling

The moral is apple something

Don't you have an HP laptop?

I think one of the main problems with Apple is they make it so damn hard to tinker with their gadgets. Apparently the screen is replaceable, but it's a touch screen, and one false move will make it not work forever. I really need to bring it to a repair shop.
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Casual wrote: »
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

I'm telling you, you're missing out!

(Probably, I'm honestly kinda indifferent to this actually)

yes i thought you saw the benefits of retaining the glorious D

Yes, but testicles are their own things! There are actual advantages to losing them, but not enough to overcome the "uhhh that seems... extreme" reaction.

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!
    probably speeds up the feminisation?

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Cons involve emotional attachment, surgery, theoretical loss of fertility (I say theoretical because it assumes I have any fertility to begin with).

Also those pros are all true, plus then I wouldn't have to take so much T-blocker, reducing the effects of that, I'd have even lower T than now, and yeah. It would sped up feminization too, I've heard of people getting it after years of E and then all of a sudden getting more fat redistribution.

did you freeze sperm before you started?

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

In theory, if I go off of the testosterone blocker and the estrogen, I might get it back (probably would at this point)

But that is also assuming I don't shoot myself on day 2.

I am pretty sure that it's too late right now though, because TMI TIME I can barely get anything out now. Ejaculation is for suckers.

dang

that sucks

not tempted just to go for the full v-jay at this point?

Well I mean

To be honest I have always been a little tempted.

But not nearly as much as I'm happy with things as they are now.

So

I kind of just say "nah, not now, probably never, but we'll see what happens"

That describes most of me right now, actually.

Look I'm in the very beginning of this! I'm not even publically living as a girl (unfortunately).

So yeah, we'll see where this goes is pretty accurate but I don't have a particularly strong urge to get that surgery, relative to the urges against it.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Holy shit Whole Foods is hiring an IT Director.

I want this job.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    okay cancelled the backordered power supply, bought from amazon with 1 day shipping

ALL PARTS SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW FOR THE DARK RITUAL OF ASSEMBLY
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

It seems like my PC struggles to draw 1900x1080 to my large 40" television, where it does that just fine on my 22" desktop monitor. Why is that?

Not an A/V guy, but I'd imagine the primary issue lies with your video card being unhappy with that resolution. Is there any sort of configuration you have access to wrt the video card that might affect this issue?

I can definitely mess with the video res. Also I typo'd that, it should be 1900x1600. Maybe I should come down to the 1600x1200 or even something x 1080 so it's "native" for the monitor?

definitely do that. running at native should help things out a lot, since it won't have to do any software interpolation
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

Yes, but testicles are their own things! There are actual advantages to losing them, but not enough to overcome the "uhhh that seems... extreme" reaction.

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Cons involve emotional attachment, surgery, theoretical loss of fertility (I say theoretical because it assumes I have any fertility to begin with).

Also those pros are all true, plus then I wouldn't have to take so much T-blocker, reducing the effects of that, I'd have even lower T than now, and yeah. It would sped up feminization too, I've heard of people getting it after years of E and then all of a sudden getting more fat redistribution.

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

In theory, if I go off of the testosterone blocker and the estrogen, I might get it back (probably would at this point)

I am pretty sure that it's too late right now though, because TMI TIME I can barely get anything out now. Ejaculation is for suckers.

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

Look I'm in the very beginning of this! I'm not even publically living as a girl (unfortunately).

So yeah, we'll see where this goes is pretty accurate but I don't have a particularly strong urge to get that surgery, relative to the urges against it.

not for the first time, i'm glad i don't have to go through all the shit other people have to go through
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.

I want this job.

do

eet
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    okay cancelled the backordered power supply, bought from amazon with 1 day shipping

make sure to assemble it naked so there is no worries of static discharge!
    while your at get a full body shave just to be safe

Native for LCD monitor shouldn't affect much as far as the TV goes. What kind of system/video card are we running here?

It's pretty rickety... I don't even remember the name of the card. The weird thing is that it runs acceptably well on a small monitor, but jerky as hell on the TV.

Double weird because Netflix is fine on the xbox, and I can stream movies to it just fine with XBMC, but playing youtube is just ass if I maximize.

Hmm.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

There's a method involving large needles.

So y'know, I'll just leave that image there.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

dont come crying to me when you are frantically searching for driver disks and nothing just works
    919UOwT.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    French Dub Facts!

The guy who voiced and acted as Rodrigo Borgia in Asscreed 2, Assbro and the Live Action shorts, Manuel Tadros, is also a dub voice actor in Quebec. (He's bilingual).

He's the one who dubs Machete in the Quebec version.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    A "back ordered power supply" sounds pretty saucy. I bet it throws out a lot of heat as well
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular
    OH GOD WHY.

8735905020_581ece12a9.jpg

WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS.

Last night, 11th hour scrambling to get my presentation thing done? I dropped my laptop screen first onto a table. Huge crack, the plastic frame from around the screen popped off.

I stood there pulling a D: for a few seconds

Stuck it back in place, it clicked, I waddled off to bed whistling

The moral is apple something

Don't you have an HP laptop?

I think one of the main problems with Apple is they make it so damn hard to tinker with their gadgets. Apparently the screen is replaceable, but it's a touch screen, and one false move will make it not work forever. I really need to bring it to a repair shop.

Yeah! I'm saying my fugly laptop is a tank that is not made of glass and is therefore non susceptible to my bumblefuckery
    camo_sig2.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

good luck with it skip!

i have to wait until around may 22 for my machine to come in :(
    TTODewback wrote: »

STOP MESSING WITH MEEEEE

I want this job.

do

eet

You should livestream it -- we'll nitpick help you
    Irond Will wrote: »

good luck with it skip!

oh man

from May 14-May 22 I am going to be lording it over you so hard

OH WILL I AM JUST RUNNING THESE PROGRAMS FROM MY SSD NO BIGGIE

OH WILL I AM JUST PERFORMING A VARIETY OF COMPUTATIONS ON MY VARIOUS CORES, WHATEVER

I want this job.

do

eet

It pays holy shit money too. And the job description has nothing about needing to configure enterprise whatever the fuck or program C++ for no apparent reason. Applying for this bitch right now.

OK all you goddamned hippies, help me act like Whole Foods' philosophy is something I agree with.
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

not for the first time, i'm glad i don't have to go through all the shit other people have to go through

:P

Also for some people, ladies with penises aren't really a big deal. Or are easier to get over than people think. So I'm not particularly upset since I don't feel held back or anything.

But yeah overall I would not recommend being trans if you can avoid it. Though I've certainly got a special appreciation for a lot of myself now.
    Gooey wrote: »

dont come crying to me when you are frantically searching for driver disks and nothing just works

I predict much whining and bitching about windows 8 in about a day
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular

yeah

but

when he gets it working he'll be able to play games on it

so theres that
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    dporowski wrote: »
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

There's a method involving large needles.

So y'know, I'll just leave that image there.

Ooohhh

(I doubt it'd work on me by now)
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

Native for LCD monitor shouldn't affect much as far as the TV goes. What kind of system/video card are we running here?

It's pretty rickety... I don't even remember the name of the card. The weird thing is that it runs acceptably well on a small monitor, but jerky as hell on the TV.

Double weird because Netflix is fine on the xbox, and I can stream movies to it just fine with XBMC, but playing youtube is just ass if I maximize.

Hmm.

I'm used to video cards figuring out the native resolution by default, but I've played with very few PC->LCD TV setups. Make sure you've got the native resolution first, then check for driver changes from the video card's website. You're not running any kind of converter, right? Straight HDMI is the way to go.

I have to check because a buddy was using a converter (like, to component, I think? Or from component to HDMI, it doesn't matter) for a lazy reason and changing to straight HDMI fixed all of his problems.
    TehSloth wrote: »

I want this job.

do

eet

livestream it on

what
    Irond Will wrote: »

good luck with it skip!

oh man

from May 14-May 22 I am going to be lording it over you so hard

OH WILL I AM JUST RUNNING THESE PROGRAMS FROM MY SSD NO BIGGIE

OH WILL I AM JUST PERFORMING A VARIETY OF COMPUTATIONS ON MY VARIOUS CORES, WHATEVER

Tell the womens you're naturally hairless.
    All of them will want the D.
    You can open up your own harem
    All because of building your own PC.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Phoenix Wright 5 is coming to the US yay!

Digital release only BOOO!
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Welp, I think I just disappointed my girlfriend because there's hardly any friends coming to my birthday party. She's a social butterfly, I'm a grumpy hippo with only 2 good friends who live relatively nearby. Everyone else I ever considered a friend either never talks to me or lives far away. Friends I made in college I have scared off and offended during bouts of depression, I don't know anyone my age in the town I currently live in and I don't like sports much at all. Acquiring new friends is not something I have ever been able to do reliably anyway.

God damn it, internet people, why don't you live in Gouda?
    GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
    is there anything else I should buy for my computer while I am on this buying spree

I picked up a stupidly good webcam so the grandparents can see soy in full 1080p

I can't think of anything else except maybe a new better router
    TTODewback wrote: »

STOP MESSING WITH MEEEEE

@21stCentury

It's time to pay forward all the grief you got building your rig. :)
    TehSloth wrote: »

I want this job.

do

eet

livestream it on

what

ipad?

yeah

but

when he gets it working he'll be able to play games on it

so theres that

IF he gets it working.

What with drives.

Way better now than when I first built my computer though ><
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

I want this job.

do

eet

It pays holy shit money too. And the job description has nothing about needing to configure enterprise whatever the fuck or program C++ for no apparent reason. Applying for this bitch right now.

OK all you goddamned hippies, help me act like Whole Foods' philosophy is something I agree with.

I think you nailed it.

'Ok all you goddamned hippies, it pays holy shit money and the job description has nothing about needing to configure enterprise whatever the fuck or program C++ for no apparent reason. That's why I'm applying for this bitch right now.'
    steam_sig.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular

I want this job.

do

eet

the ceo is a super libertarian dude and he also called obamacare fascism in an interview on NPR
This discussion has been closed.