Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    is there anything else I should buy for my computer while I am on this buying spree

I picked up a stupidly good webcam so the grandparents can see soy in full 1080p

I can't think of anything else except maybe a new better router

Joystick
    drawing tablet
    2nd monitor

I have a xbox plug in thing to play arcade style games

I do not draw stuff

I used to love having 2 monitors but then at work I got a second one for free and gave it back because it was overwhelming

I don't know when this changed but I am ashamed of it
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    alright mofos gonna go mail some stuff to the japanese consulate and then do some science

later

Have fun!
    Lucky bastard.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

I'm telling you, you're missing out!

(Probably, I'm honestly kinda indifferent to this actually)

yes i thought you saw the benefits of retaining the glorious D

Yes, but testicles are their own things! There are actual advantages to losing them, but not enough to overcome the "uhhh that seems... extreme" reaction.

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!
    probably speeds up the feminisation?

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Cons involve emotional attachment, surgery, theoretical loss of fertility (I say theoretical because it assumes I have any fertility to begin with).

Also those pros are all true, plus then I wouldn't have to take so much T-blocker, reducing the effects of that, I'd have even lower T than now, and yeah. It would sped up feminization too, I've heard of people getting it after years of E and then all of a sudden getting more fat redistribution.

did you freeze sperm before you started?

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

In theory, if I go off of the testosterone blocker and the estrogen, I might get it back (probably would at this point)

But that is also assuming I don't shoot myself on day 2.

I am pretty sure that it's too late right now though, because TMI TIME I can barely get anything out now. Ejaculation is for suckers.

dang

that sucks

not tempted just to go for the full v-jay at this point?

Well I mean

To be honest I have always been a little tempted.

But not nearly as much as I'm happy with things as they are now.

So

I kind of just say "nah, not now, probably never, but we'll see what happens"

That describes most of me right now, actually.

Look I'm in the very beginning of this! I'm not even publically living as a girl (unfortunately).

So yeah, we'll see where this goes is pretty accurate but I don't have a particularly strong urge to get that surgery, relative to the urges against it.

not for the first time, i'm glad i don't have to go through all the shit other people have to go through

:P

Also for some people, ladies with penises aren't really a big deal. Or are easier to get over than people think. So I'm not particularly upset since I don't feel held back or anything.

But yeah overall I would not recommend being trans if you can avoid it. Though I've certainly got a special appreciation for a lot of myself now.

early on in my life, i made the decision to be a white cis-gendered heterosexual male from a middle class background

and its working out ok for me

THAT'S RIGHT AMERICA, IT'S A CHOICE

I used the bonus points you get for picking trans for a sweet third tendon in my wrist.

It's.. that may not have been the best decision.

i sometimes think like that too

like a shitty part of my body i don't like is a price i had to pay to get a piece i liked

like there was some pre-me hovering over a char creation screen before my birth weighing up choices

because there are places i wish i could have thrown a few more stat points in there

and other places i'm like, yup, made the right call there

I have a family friend who calls this her "burrito theory of life." Everyone has a burrito they fill with good stuff for their life. But you can't get too much.

Anyway, I obviously did the right thing by picking all positive traits and using humility as a dump stat until it almost overflowed, so now I'm perfect.

you did somewhat fuck up at the gender selction screen, i think you missed the little drop down menu where you can change that
    Casual on
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Tough on mime. Tough on the causes of mime Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I just got fleeced. Curse being clever enough to spot it afterwards. That is the worst clever
    Mojo_Jojo on
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

Yes, but testicles are their own things! There are actual advantages to losing them, but not enough to overcome the "uhhh that seems... extreme" reaction.

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Cons involve emotional attachment, surgery, theoretical loss of fertility (I say theoretical because it assumes I have any fertility to begin with).

Also those pros are all true, plus then I wouldn't have to take so much T-blocker, reducing the effects of that, I'd have even lower T than now, and yeah. It would sped up feminization too, I've heard of people getting it after years of E and then all of a sudden getting more fat redistribution.

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

In theory, if I go off of the testosterone blocker and the estrogen, I might get it back (probably would at this point)

I am pretty sure that it's too late right now though, because TMI TIME I can barely get anything out now. Ejaculation is for suckers.

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

Look I'm in the very beginning of this! I'm not even publically living as a girl (unfortunately).

So yeah, we'll see where this goes is pretty accurate but I don't have a particularly strong urge to get that surgery, relative to the urges against it.

not for the first time, i'm glad i don't have to go through all the shit other people have to go through

Also for some people, ladies with penises aren't really a big deal. Or are easier to get over than people think. So I'm not particularly upset since I don't feel held back or anything.

But yeah overall I would not recommend being trans if you can avoid it. Though I've certainly got a special appreciation for a lot of myself now.

early on in my life, i made the decision to be a white cis-gendered heterosexual male from a middle class background

I used the bonus points you get for picking trans for a sweet third tendon in my wrist.

like a shitty part of my body i don't like is a price i had to pay to get a piece i liked

like there was some pre-me hovering over a char creation screen before my birth weighing up choices

because there are places i wish i could have thrown a few more stat points in there

I have a family friend who calls this her "burrito theory of life." Everyone has a burrito they fill with good stuff for their life. But you can't get too much.

Anyway, I obviously did the right thing by picking all positive traits and using humility as a dump stat until it almost overflowed, so now I'm perfect.

you did somewhat fuck up at the gender selction screen, i think you missed the little drop down menu where you can change that

Life has a shit UI.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I totally forgot that dude was a libertarian.

I have history with Whole Earth too. Sadly not job history, but hey. I used to hang out on the WELL when it was a BBS. I remember when the first Whole Foods moved off Lamar because the place flooded in the store every year when Shoal Creek overtopped its banks.

I really want this jobbbbbbbbb.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    right

home time was 15 minutes ago!

tally-hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I just got fleeced. Curse being clever enough to spot it afterwards. That is the worst clever

Tell us your tale.

*sits in comfortable chair*
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Half-shaved-sheep.jpg

HO HO HO
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    tumblr_mm5bjfDbG61qdlh1io1_400.gif
    919UOwT.png
    Irond Will wrote: »
    okay cancelled the backordered power supply, bought from amazon with 1 day shipping

ALL PARTS SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW FOR THE DARK RITUAL OF ASSEMBLY

good luck with it skip!

i have to wait until around may 22 for my machine to come in :(

oh man

from May 14-May 22 I am going to be lording it over you so hard

OH WILL I AM JUST RUNNING THESE PROGRAMS FROM MY SSD NO BIGGIE

OH WILL I AM JUST PERFORMING A VARIETY OF COMPUTATIONS ON MY VARIOUS CORES, WHATEVER

HEY WILL I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE DRIVER FOR THIS CARD. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THE Z5493HC1 SEEMS TO DISABLE THE ONBOARD CACHE ON MY MEMORY CARD? SOME GUY ON STACK OVERFLOW GOT IT TO WORK BUT I'VE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS THREE TIMES AND HALF THE SCREEN IS STILL BLACK

ANYWAYS I NEVER REALLY USED THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY SCREEN ON LOL ANYWAYS

you sonofa
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Aldo wrote: »
    Welp, I think I just disappointed my girlfriend because there's hardly any friends coming to my birthday party. She's a social butterfly, I'm a grumpy hippo with only 2 good friends who live relatively nearby. Everyone else I ever considered a friend either never talks to me or lives far away. Friends I made in college I have scared off and offended during bouts of depression, I don't know anyone my age in the town I currently live in and I don't like sports much at all. Acquiring new friends is not something I have ever been able to do reliably anyway.

God damn it, internet people, why don't you live in Gouda?

i have been to gouda! it seemed so pleasant!

i would def come to your birthday! but i don't speak any dutch, so it would probably be kind of awkward.

i'm not sure if i know any tricks for making friends. if its any consolation, you seem like a super-nice guy and i'm kind of surprised that you don't have more. i guess circumstances are what they are.
    Cinders wrote: »
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

Life has a shit UI.

I kinda assumed that it would match the sex to the gender, but apparently there is a glitch or something in the code.
  • AldoAldo Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Welp, I think I just disappointed my girlfriend because there's hardly any friends coming to my birthday party. She's a social butterfly, I'm a grumpy hippo with only 2 good friends who live relatively nearby. Everyone else I ever considered a friend either never talks to me or lives far away. Friends I made in college I have scared off and offended during bouts of depression, I don't know anyone my age in the town I currently live in and I don't like sports much at all. Acquiring new friends is not something I have ever been able to do reliably anyway.

1. I am sorry you don't have many friends. I know how that feels. It sucks.

2. Boo hoo your poor girlfriend is inconvenienced on YOUR birthday because she doesn't get to talk to a bunch of people on YOUR BIRTHDAY. Sounds selfish to me.
    I think she's more concerned that the birthday won't be fun for anyone, because it won't be much of a party without a bunch of friends there.
    zagdrob wrote: »

If if makes you feel any better, I've got a few friends at work, but otherwise I don't have any friends.

I mean...there are the husbands of my wife's friends we see every few months that I get along with.

But otherwise, nope. You guys are all I've got aside from my family. Hell, my dad was my best man and when one of my other two friends (who I haven't seen since 2008) backed out, one of my wife's friends husbands filled in as my groomsman.

So don't despair. If your girlfriend is social, just absorb her social circle. It's a hell of a lot easier, because you have the benefits but don't really have any obligations yourself.

This is almost too much like I Love You, Man. :P

Well, I'm glad that I have some people outside of the interbutts and family who I can call friends, but it's depressing as hell to know that your girlfriend expects everyone to have an active social life.

GW2 tag: Aldo.6019
    Free MMO Überlist
    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
    Bye Casual!
    is there anything else I should buy for my computer while I am on this buying spree

I picked up a stupidly good webcam so the grandparents can see soy in full 1080p

Joystick
    drawing tablet
    2nd monitor

I do not draw stuff

I used to love having 2 monitors but then at work I got a second one for free and gave it back because it was overwhelming

Yeah, this is a thing you should probably be embarrassed about.

Do you like Magicka and would you like to play later after you get your machine built?
    \
    Are you going to dual boot Win8 / Mac?
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    okay cancelled the backordered power supply, bought from amazon with 1 day shipping

good luck with it skip!

oh man

OH WILL I AM JUST PERFORMING A VARIETY OF COMPUTATIONS ON MY VARIOUS CORES, WHATEVER

HEY WILL I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE DRIVER FOR THIS CARD. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THE Z5493HC1 SEEMS TO DISABLE THE ONBOARD CACHE ON MY MEMORY CARD? SOME GUY ON STACK OVERFLOW GOT IT TO WORK BUT I'VE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS THREE TIMES AND HALF THE SCREEN IS STILL BLACK

you sonofa

Don't worry so much.

Just remember, at first, you will try to boot up your computer and it won't work.

it's normal.

No one's first computer boots up at the first try.
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    uhhh, lights do not affect electricity bills significantly, even old non-cfl bulbs. It's negligible. Power draw is from appliances.

A few pages back because chat took off, but, SPOKEN LIKE SOMEONE WITH 3 LIGHTS IN THEIR HOUSE.
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Holy shit Whole Foods is hiring an IT Director.

I want this job.

do

eet

You should livestream it -- we'll nitpick help you

livestream it on

what

ipad?

I kinda like this idea

can you do a multi party facetime?

I thought there was an app for streaming to justin.tv

not sure though

hmm this sounds like more and more work on my part

:i
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Later folks.

Time to go to therapy.
    Holy shit Whole Foods is hiring an IT Director.

I want this job.

do

eet

You should livestream it -- we'll nitpick help you

livestream it on

what

ipad?

I kinda like this idea

can you do a multi party facetime?

I thought there was an app for streaming to justin.tv

not sure though

hmm this sounds like more and more work on my part

:i

There's a ustream app, and you can group chat on skype for the ipad but you'll need to plug that shit in because it eats batteries like whoa.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    uhhh, lights do not affect electricity bills significantly, even old non-cfl bulbs. It's negligible. Power draw is from appliances.

A few pages back because chat took off, but, SPOKEN LIKE SOMEONE WITH 3 LIGHTS IN THEIR HOUSE.

you're a light in my life
    919UOwT.png
    Later folks.

Time to go to therapy.

See you!
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i went to visit friends in DC

one of em is like a signals intel officer in the marines and has a buncha people under his command
    my other friend's fiancee writes speeches for obama

made me feel like a bum, all these smartypants

also, lol, the fiancee's brother works for rapgenius
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • japanjapan Registered User regular

My brother in law has a smart meter in his house now, and the electricity company gave him a little wireless tablet thing with an LCD display that shows how much power you're using at that very moment, and the instantaneous electricity price.

He is driving his wife up the wall by running around turning things on and off an pointing out how much it causes the power consumption to go up or down.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »

If if makes you feel any better, I've got a few friends at work, but otherwise I don't have any friends.

I mean...there are the husbands of my wife's friends we see every few months that I get along with.

But otherwise, nope. You guys are all I've got aside from my family. Hell, my dad was my best man and when one of my other two friends (who I haven't seen since 2008) backed out, one of my wife's friends husbands filled in as my groomsman.

So don't despair. If your girlfriend is social, just absorb her social circle. It's a hell of a lot easier, because you have the benefits but don't really have any obligations yourself.

This is almost too much like I Love You, Man. :P

Well, I'm glad that I have some people outside of the interbutts and family who I can call friends, but it's depressing as hell to know that your girlfriend expects everyone to have an active social life.

My wife thought that movie was hilarious, and she doesn't even like Jason Segel.

There were a few parts that hit a little close to home though. :)

Ah well, it's really not bad.

steam_sig.png

i have been to gouda! it seemed so pleasant!

i would def come to your birthday! but i don't speak any dutch, so it would probably be kind of awkward.

i'm not sure if i know any tricks for making friends. if its any consolation, you seem like a super-nice guy and i'm kind of surprised that you don't have more. i guess circumstances are what they are.

it is hard to make friends when you are older

you have to put yourself in situations with other people who are looking to friend up, is what I've found

go to meetup and see if there are groups doing cool shit, then go do shit with strangers until they become friends

or join a sports team

basically you have to do stuff to meet people when you are a grown up
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod

good luck with it skip!

oh man

you sonofa

i will have to go through some of the same shit, since i'm going to try to get win 8 running on a partition on my mac

theoretically, apple has already curated and supplied the right drivers for the hardware to be used by win 8 but we'll see
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Later folks.

Time to go to therapy.

See you!

Unless it works, then we'll see the new and improved Cinders!
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Skips, dual monitors is so gooooood.

At the very least, you can pull up LoL guides on your other monitor to refer to during games.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

My brother in law has a smart meter in his house now, and the electricity company gave him a little wireless tablet thing with an LCD display that shows how much power you're using at that very moment, and the instantaneous electricity price.

He is driving his wife up the wall by running around turning things on and off an pointing out how much it causes the power consumption to go up or down.

That's amazing.
    relatedly, I read travel/moving stuff more often then most I suppose

and it's a fairly common refrain that [x city] is tough for new comers to make friends in

like seattle has the freeze, or minnesota is standoffish or whatever

and I think it's just because unless you move a lot, you're used to having the same group of friends and haven't had to make friends as a grownup maybe in a long time

and it can be hard, and also it's easier to make friends with other transplants because they're eager for friends too unlike people who have established circles and have been friends with the same people since school

so basically I don't think cities deserve these reps, I think people just need to learn how to make friends as adults : )
    Later folks.

Time to go to therapy.

See you!

Unless it works, then we'll see the new and improved Cinders!

Ok, yes!

See you, or Cyborg Cinders with No Issues and Sexy Implants!
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Ok, I need to get a cup of coffee and buckle down until 4:30. I'm sure I can buckle down and focus for three and a half hours after fucking off the first five.
    steam_sig.png

Joystick
    drawing tablet
    2nd monitor

I do not draw stuff

Yeah, this is a thing you should probably be embarrassed about.

Do you like Magicka and would you like to play later after you get your machine built?
    \
    Are you going to dual boot Win8 / Mac?

what is magicka

and mac? I am building a pc

you can't just install os x willy nilly
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »

If you wish to save your sisters sanity, those things are battery operated. And they run through it remarkably quickly.

We never used it once it ran out.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    i don't know how to make friends as an adult

i'm trying the 'barnacle approach'
    edited May 2013

and it's a fairly common refrain that [x city] is tough for new comers to make friends in

and I think it's just because unless you move a lot, you're used to having the same group of friends and haven't had to make friends as a grownup maybe in a long time

and it can be hard, and also it's easier to make friends with other transplants because they're eager for friends too unlike people who have established circles and have been friends with the same people since school

so basically I don't think cities deserve these reps, I think people just need to learn how to make friends as adults : )

Making friends is haaaard

Plus thanks to the internet, all the friends I make are in like LA or Tennessee or Canada or Japan

Tragic!
    Shivahn on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

i'm scared of doing that

nyc forever
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
This discussion has been closed.