Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Holy shit Whole Foods is hiring an IT Director.

I want this job.

do

eet

It pays holy shit money too. And the job description has nothing about needing to configure enterprise whatever the fuck or program C++ for no apparent reason. Applying for this bitch right now.

OK all you goddamned hippies, help me act like Whole Foods' philosophy is something I agree with.

Dude, their CEO is a Teaper or something
    eokNV.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Welp, I think I just disappointed my girlfriend because there's hardly any friends coming to my birthday party. She's a social butterfly, I'm a grumpy hippo with only 2 good friends who live relatively nearby. Everyone else I ever considered a friend either never talks to me or lives far away. Friends I made in college I have scared off and offended during bouts of depression, I don't know anyone my age in the town I currently live in and I don't like sports much at all. Acquiring new friends is not something I have ever been able to do reliably anyway.

God damn it, internet people, why don't you live in Gouda?

I have long railed against the entire world not being small enough that everyone's a couple hours away.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    is there anything else I should buy for my computer while I am on this buying spree

I picked up a stupidly good webcam so the grandparents can see soy in full 1080p

I can't think of anything else except maybe a new better router

Joystick
    drawing tablet
    2nd monitor
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular

I want this job.

do

eet

It pays holy shit money too. And the job description has nothing about needing to configure enterprise whatever the fuck or program C++ for no apparent reason. Applying for this bitch right now.

OK all you goddamned hippies, help me act like Whole Foods' philosophy is something I agree with.

"I strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to purchase groceries that fit their lifestyle. When people are robbed of choice on something so basic as what they put on their table, the rest of their lives are a little dimmer as a result. Everyone should totally have the chance to buy six dollar bananas. Six dollar bananas are the very essence of freedom.

Im hiring you if I ever need to redo my resume
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    My face palm of the morning driving to get some oj and lemonade before the parents get back.

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=183538473&m=183538452
    Mazzyx on
    falasig.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    I feel I should buy this t-shirt

porridge-m-131-white-parent_1.jpg
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    is there anything else I should buy for my computer while I am on this buying spree

I picked up a stupidly good webcam so the grandparents can see soy in full 1080p

TV Tuner?
    1 Can of Air
    The first three seasons of Melrose Place?
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    Welp, I think I just disappointed my girlfriend because there's hardly any friends coming to my birthday party. She's a social butterfly, I'm a grumpy hippo with only 2 good friends who live relatively nearby. Everyone else I ever considered a friend either never talks to me or lives far away. Friends I made in college I have scared off and offended during bouts of depression, I don't know anyone my age in the town I currently live in and I don't like sports much at all. Acquiring new friends is not something I have ever been able to do reliably anyway.

1. I am sorry you don't have many friends. I know how that feels. It sucks.

2. Boo hoo your poor girlfriend is inconvenienced on YOUR birthday because she doesn't get to talk to a bunch of people on YOUR BIRTHDAY. Sounds selfish to me.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
  • ArchArch Trust me, I'm a scientist Registered User regular

I want this job.

do

eet

I thought the person who ran whole foods was basically you
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

I'm telling you, you're missing out!

(Probably, I'm honestly kinda indifferent to this actually)

yes i thought you saw the benefits of retaining the glorious D

Yes, but testicles are their own things! There are actual advantages to losing them, but not enough to overcome the "uhhh that seems... extreme" reaction.

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!
    probably speeds up the feminisation?

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Cons involve emotional attachment, surgery, theoretical loss of fertility (I say theoretical because it assumes I have any fertility to begin with).

Also those pros are all true, plus then I wouldn't have to take so much T-blocker, reducing the effects of that, I'd have even lower T than now, and yeah. It would sped up feminization too, I've heard of people getting it after years of E and then all of a sudden getting more fat redistribution.

did you freeze sperm before you started?

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

In theory, if I go off of the testosterone blocker and the estrogen, I might get it back (probably would at this point)

But that is also assuming I don't shoot myself on day 2.

I am pretty sure that it's too late right now though, because TMI TIME I can barely get anything out now. Ejaculation is for suckers.

dang

that sucks

not tempted just to go for the full v-jay at this point?

Well I mean

To be honest I have always been a little tempted.

But not nearly as much as I'm happy with things as they are now.

So

I kind of just say "nah, not now, probably never, but we'll see what happens"

That describes most of me right now, actually.

Look I'm in the very beginning of this! I'm not even publically living as a girl (unfortunately).

So yeah, we'll see where this goes is pretty accurate but I don't have a particularly strong urge to get that surgery, relative to the urges against it.

not for the first time, i'm glad i don't have to go through all the shit other people have to go through

:P

Also for some people, ladies with penises aren't really a big deal. Or are easier to get over than people think. So I'm not particularly upset since I don't feel held back or anything.

But yeah overall I would not recommend being trans if you can avoid it. Though I've certainly got a special appreciation for a lot of myself now.

early on in my life, i made the decision to be a white cis-gendered heterosexual male from a middle class background

and its working out ok for me

THAT'S RIGHT AMERICA, IT'S A CHOICE
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    still believe a second monitor should be a universal human right

you should get all the monitors
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    okay cancelled the backordered power supply, bought from amazon with 1 day shipping

ALL PARTS SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW FOR THE DARK RITUAL OF ASSEMBLY

make sure to assemble it naked so there is no worries of static discharge!
    while your at get a full body shave just to be safe

STOP MESSING WITH MEEEEE

21stCentury

It's time to pay forward all the grief you got building your rig. :)

Nah, man.

That ain't me.

Skippy, I believe in you, if you ever have trouble, don't worry too much, if I can build one and not break anything, you can too.

i would suggest you wear shoes at all times when messing about in your computer to make sure you don't have static problem. Maybe avoid wool clothes?

Also, follow the instructions and if you need help, there's tons of helpful people on the forums, either in [chat] or in the computer build thread over in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern.

I believe in you, bro.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

I want this job.

do

eet

the ceo is a super libertarian dude and he also called obamacare fascism in an interview on NPR

OH YEAH THATS RIGHT

Shit I got this, son. Obamacare bad! Organic localvores with $$$$ good. Also tincture of whatever, essence of imma get paid.

Fuck yes.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

Yes, but testicles are their own things! There are actual advantages to losing them, but not enough to overcome the "uhhh that seems... extreme" reaction.

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Cons involve emotional attachment, surgery, theoretical loss of fertility (I say theoretical because it assumes I have any fertility to begin with).

Also those pros are all true, plus then I wouldn't have to take so much T-blocker, reducing the effects of that, I'd have even lower T than now, and yeah. It would sped up feminization too, I've heard of people getting it after years of E and then all of a sudden getting more fat redistribution.

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

In theory, if I go off of the testosterone blocker and the estrogen, I might get it back (probably would at this point)

I am pretty sure that it's too late right now though, because TMI TIME I can barely get anything out now. Ejaculation is for suckers.

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

Look I'm in the very beginning of this! I'm not even publically living as a girl (unfortunately).

So yeah, we'll see where this goes is pretty accurate but I don't have a particularly strong urge to get that surgery, relative to the urges against it.

not for the first time, i'm glad i don't have to go through all the shit other people have to go through

Also for some people, ladies with penises aren't really a big deal. Or are easier to get over than people think. So I'm not particularly upset since I don't feel held back or anything.

But yeah overall I would not recommend being trans if you can avoid it. Though I've certainly got a special appreciation for a lot of myself now.

early on in my life, i made the decision to be a white cis-gendered heterosexual male from a middle class background

I used the bonus points you get for picking trans for a sweet third tendon in my wrist.

It's.. that may not have been the best decision.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    okay cancelled the backordered power supply, bought from amazon with 1 day shipping

good luck with it skip!

i have to wait until around may 22 for my machine to come in :(

oh man

from May 14-May 22 I am going to be lording it over you so hard

OH WILL I AM JUST RUNNING THESE PROGRAMS FROM MY SSD NO BIGGIE

OH WILL I AM JUST PERFORMING A VARIETY OF COMPUTATIONS ON MY VARIOUS CORES, WHATEVER

HEY WILL I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE DRIVER FOR THIS CARD. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THE Z5493HC1 SEEMS TO DISABLE THE ONBOARD CACHE ON MY MEMORY CARD? SOME GUY ON STACK OVERFLOW GOT IT TO WORK BUT I'VE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS THREE TIMES AND HALF THE SCREEN IS STILL BLACK

ANYWAYS I NEVER REALLY USED THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY SCREEN ON LOL ANYWAYS
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    800px-John_Mackey%2C_of_Whole_Foods_in_2009.jpg

omg this dude looks like a really old toddler
    I love whole foods.

Because cheese man. Fucking cheese.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

If if makes you feel any better, I've got a few friends at work, but otherwise I don't have any friends.

I mean...there are the husbands of my wife's friends we see every few months that I get along with.

But otherwise, nope. You guys are all I've got aside from my family. Hell, my dad was my best man and when one of my other two friends (who I haven't seen since 2008) backed out, one of my wife's friends husbands filled in as my groomsman.

So don't despair. If your girlfriend is social, just absorb her social circle. It's a hell of a lot easier, because you have the benefits but don't really have any obligations yourself.
    steam_sig.png
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    no wonder Alton Brown likes whole foods so much, they probably go to the same "kill the poor" rallies
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

I want this job.

do

eet

what is their philosophy? high-quality goods at appropriately high prices?
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

I want this job.

do

eet

hmm

I mean, you cook, you care about quality ingredients

do you care about sustainable farming practices that are good for the environment

do you care about supporting local farms

it seems an easy thing?
    The CEO of whole foods doesn't believe that climate change is a big deal

I like that this is a sentence I can type that is 100% true
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    i'm so creeped out by Old Baby
  • AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

good luck with it skip!

i have to wait until around may 22 for my machine to come in :(

oh man

from May 14-May 22 I am going to be lording it over you so hard

OH WILL I AM JUST RUNNING THESE PROGRAMS FROM MY SSD NO BIGGIE

OH WILL I AM JUST PERFORMING A VARIETY OF COMPUTATIONS ON MY VARIOUS CORES, WHATEVER

HEY WILL I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE DRIVER FOR THIS CARD. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THE Z5493HC1 SEEMS TO DISABLE THE ONBOARD CACHE ON MY MEMORY CARD? SOME GUY ON STACK OVERFLOW GOT IT TO WORK BUT I'VE GONE THROUGH THE PROCESS THREE TIMES AND HALF THE SCREEN IS STILL BLACK

ANYWAYS I NEVER REALLY USED THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY SCREEN ON LOL ANYWAYS
    O SHIT I'M ON BLUE TEAM WHERE IS MY CHARACTER NVIDIA? YOU STOLE MY ELO

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phoney God's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • CasualCasual IT'S CRIME TIME MOTHAFUCKAS WE OUTRegistered User regular
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

I used the bonus points you get for picking trans for a sweet third tendon in my wrist.

i sometimes think like that too

like a shitty part of my body i don't like is a price i had to pay to get a piece i liked

like there was some pre-me hovering over a char creation screen before my birth weighing up choices

because there are places i wish i could have thrown a few more stat points in there

and other places i'm like, yup, made the right call there
    R.I.P Sir Check
    i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    ??/02/2009 - 19/04/2013
    He lives on as cheezburger grease in our hearts.
    Ludious wrote: »
    no wonder Alton Brown likes whole foods so much, they probably go to the same "kill the poor" rallies

alton brown is a southern evangelist christian i read

i like his show though
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular

Joystick
    drawing tablet
    2nd monitor

I second 2nd monitor. Get one of those dirt cheap 27" Korean 1440
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

There's a method involving large needles.

So y'know, I'll just leave that image there.

Ooohhh

(I doubt it'd work on me by now)

Wouldn't work on me either.

They'd HIDE, they would.
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 Registered User regular
    800px-John_Mackey%2C_of_Whole_Foods_in_2009.jpg

omg this dude looks like a really old toddler

I'm getting Stellan Skarsgard.

StellanSkarsgard.jpg
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

alton brown is a southern evangelist christian i read

i like his show though

I don't remember who originally told me that he's a southern evangelist christian.

Completely ruined it for me.

ignorance is bliss. :(
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    I want some baked gouda.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

I want this job.

do

eet

You should livestream it -- we'll nitpick help you

livestream it on

what

ipad?

I kinda like this idea

can you do a multi party facetime?
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

dang

that sucks

Well I mean

So

i sometimes think like that too

like a shitty part of my body i don't like is a price i had to pay to get a piece i liked

like there was some pre-me hovering over a char creation screen before my birth weighing up choices

because there are places i wish i could have thrown a few more stat points in there

and other places i'm like, yup, made the right call there

I have a family friend who calls this her "burrito theory of life." Everyone has a burrito they fill with good stuff for their life. But you can't get too much.

Anyway, I obviously did the right thing by picking all positive traits and using humility as a dump stat until it almost overflowed, so now I'm perfect.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

I want this job.

do

eet

You should livestream it -- we'll nitpick help you

livestream it on

what

ipad?

I kinda like this idea

can you do a multi party facetime?

I thought there was an app for streaming to justin.tv

not sure though
    shhhhhh it's ok boys

she can't get you

i won't let her get you

*pets*

pros of losing them

no nut cancer
    panties fit better!

Cons

D:
    D:
    D:

Nope!

hrm

=/

is it too late?

Yep!

I mean

There's a method involving large needles.

So y'know, I'll just leave that image there.

Ooohhh

(I doubt it'd work on me by now)

Wouldn't work on me either.

They'd HIDE, they would.

Like a turtle!
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    The CEO of whole foods doesn't believe that climate change is a big deal

I like that this is a sentence I can type that is 100% true

Hey, it mainly fucks over the poor. Who cares about them, MIRITE?
This discussion has been closed.