Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust! [Chat]!

• Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    TehSloth wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    It upsets me that there are people out there that think Jimmy Hendrix's version of Watchtower is superior to Dylan's.

How do these people muddle through life burdened by their inferior opinions?

If by "people" you mean "pretty much everyone who has heard both", then yeah.

Dylan is a god-awful singer and a brilliant songwriter.

It's really a moot point since neither hold a candle to DMB.

o_O

That like, 5 minute part where they just play the same thing over and over again, so good.

makes me want to take my shoes off

jam bands for bros
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    It upsets me that there are people out there that think Jimmy Hendrix's version of Watchtower is superior to Dylan's.

Did you sort out those crazy people who did not appreciate Hook by Blues Traveler?

if i were in the business of sending people to death camps, "do you enjoy the music of blues traveler? would you play it in a public situation?" would be one of the few questions on the form.

You are the wrongest wrong that ever wronged.

i actually hate the spin doctors way worse than i do blues traveler, but i put them in the same bin.

making all the sad faces.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure why because not only have I hated every blues traveler song I've heard, isn't he supposed to be a dick too
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    Yay I hate dmb too

I am among friends
    G2Dcf.jpg
    Ah hah. I dug through my post history. It was surprisingly lucid. The thesis is that "hook by blues traveler was the most perfect ironic pop song ever"

This is indisputable.
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I don't understand the thing where you don't like an artist's music because he's an asshole.

But this is probably a thing I've gotten over because AS A REPUBLICAN COMMA I generally think all artists are some variety of deeply wrong.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular

Did you sort out those crazy people who did not appreciate Hook by Blues Traveler?

if i were in the business of sending people to death camps, "do you enjoy the music of blues traveler? would you play it in a public situation?" would be one of the few questions on the form.

i actually hate the spin doctors way worse than i do blues traveler, but i put them in the same bin.

Is this like a thing where you don't like bands from the northeast or are you so musically broken that you hate the harmonica or something?

This is a problem I think we could correct with surgery.

Isn't it wonderful how music brings a people together?
    FrenchCat2.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Magicka is a ton of fun, mixing magic and getting crazy effects is great.

But it is so fucking buggy. I didn't get very far in the co-op before a progress stopping bug showed up.

My friends and I played 4 player coop for 8 hours, about 6 of which was screaming at progress-stopping bugs.
    dkmouthsig.png

Is this like a thing where you don't like bands from the northeast or are you so musically broken that you hate the harmonica or something?

i like the harmonica a lot, actually. i just don't like that mid-90s fun-time band thing.

don't like the gin blossoms either. or the other ones from that genre/ period, really.

the 90s were a blight upon music
    I don't understand the thing where you don't like an artist's music because he's an asshole.

But this is probably a thing I've gotten over because AS A REPUBLICAN COMMA I generally think all artists are some variety of deeply wrong.

I always figured this was why country music exists.

Because it sure as hell isn't for the artistic merit.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Rewatching Justice League (Unlimited) for the past few weeks made me realize what a tremendous loss McDuffie's death was. :(
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Ah hah. I dug through my post history. It was surprisingly lucid. The thesis is that "hook by blues traveler was the most perfect ironic pop song ever"

This is indisputable.

Best pop song ever in the 90s?! :rotate: next you'll be telling me how hootie and the blowfish got robbed, and their deep cuts were the real deal.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • tapeslingertapeslinger utter Yog-Sothothery mmm, soulsRegistered User regular

the worst part is, no one said they hated nor loved that song

deebaser was too busy celebrating being totally wrong to listen to us
    Hey! You! Go bid on awesome things! http://solidsaints.com
    jayxwolf.com || twit || fb || writing || ravelry || dA || g++
    I think Deebaser might have the most "my teenage years were the best" for music I've met in quite a while.

Don't even get me started on DMB. Although, I like him more now that his star has faded some. Still can't listen to 99% of his musics. Might as well be listening to John Mayer.
  • syndalissyndalis Aballah Can Tah Advancing the Human ConditionRegistered User regular

To love guns n roses is to accept your artists are fuckups IRL and not give a fuck.
    meat.jpg

they're more dumb than wrong.

like, who cares what they think?

why would i think that someone who can sing/ act/ dance/ play an instrument would necessarily be smart about anything else?

i guess if i thought their opinions crossed a certain line of terrible or malicious i'd refuse to support them on principal, even if i liked their music or whatever.

like, even if i liked ted nugent's music i would not want to contribute to his "success"

i like the harmonica a lot, actually. i just don't like that mid-90s fun-time band thing.

don't like the gin blossoms either. or the other ones from that genre/ period, really.

I...

I....

Good God it's worse than we thought.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
    MadCaddy wrote: »

This is indisputable.

Best pop song ever in the 90s?! :rotate: next you'll be telling me how hootie and the blowfish got robbed, and their deep cuts were the real deal.

someone i think it was narwhal posted a video of hootie singing wagon wheel. i guess he's still making music
    Like, I don't hate Hook. When it comes on, if it's been long enough, I'll be like yeah! This fucking song!

Because the hooooooooooook briiiings you baaaayyyyyyaaaahhhhuuuuuuhhhhuuuhhhhuuuuuuhhhhk :whistle:

I think If I heard it more than a few times in a month, I'd maybe drive my car through a daycare though
    dkmouthsig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I think Deebaser might have the most "my teenage years were the best" for music I've met in quite a while.

Don't even get me started on DMB. Although, I like him more now that his star has faded some. Still can't listen to 99% of his musics. Might as well be listening to John Mayer.
    i love john mayer

he's not nearly as good as james blunt tho
    Per3th.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I think Dylan himself said Hendrix's version of the song is better...
    Haphazard on

Yea, I had to get over that when I was a teenager and met Joey Ramone and Jello Biafra at their shows. O_o
    The Vandals (with Warren), MadCaddies and Reel Big Fish are all awesome individuals, though.
  • cptruggedcptrugged Buster Machine 3Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Rewatching Justice League (Unlimited) for the past few weeks made me realize what a tremendous loss McDuffie's death was. :(

I just started re-watching Justice League myself. It's easy to understand why so many people get peeved over bad DC live action movies when the same characters were used so effectively in an amazing animated series / movies.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular

why would i think that someone who can sing/ act/ dance/ play an instrument would necessarily be smart about anything else?

i guess if i thought their opinions crossed a certain line of terrible or malicious i'd refuse to support them on principal, even if i liked their music or whatever.

like, even if i liked ted nugent's music i would not want to contribute to his "success"

Yeah, just actually went to a concert about a week ago and it was Ted Nugent/ Styx/ REO Speedwagon.

Fortunately in that order so we could all skip the Nuge.

Check my username...
    Check my location...
    HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM??
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

Pop music/Industry music. Some if my favorite bands ever came out of the 90s. Weezer jumps out as the mainstream example.
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular

But this is probably a thing I've gotten over because AS A REPUBLICAN COMMA I generally think all artists are some variety of deeply wrong. every politician I support is an asshole

Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!

the worst part is, no one said they hated nor loved that song

deebaser was too busy celebrating being totally wrong to listen to us

How the hell did that even come up?
    They were playing Bee Trav, weren't they?
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM

Yeah, just actually went to a concert about a week ago and it was Ted Nugent/ Styx/ REO Speedwagon.

Fortunately in that order so we could all skip the Nuge.

You missed his insightful quips about politics?
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    its not like you need much of a reason to drive your car through a daycare, DK. What was it you said that one time about crotch droplings?
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek
    The Aquabats were awesome.. I don't know how I feel about their kids show now, and I haven't liked their music in a long time.. I loved their first two albums, though.

Alice Cooper has a great quote about this:
    If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    just finished the 39 episodes of JL/U yesterday

my workIM status message for the last few days has been "The plastic tips at the end of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister. "
    Like, I don't hate Hook. When it comes on, if it's been long enough, I'll be like yeah! This fucking song!

Because the hooooooooooook briiiings you baaaayyyyyyaaaahhhhuuuuuuhhhhuuuhhhhuuuuuuhhhhk :whistle:

I think If I heard it more than a few times in a month, I'd maybe drive my car through a daycare though

It's an ironic pop song!

It's supposed to make you feel like you might hurt yourself if you heard it all the time, even as it's so damned catchy that you will probably remember it for the rest of your life.
  • LudiousLudious Registered User regular
    I love how Nugent insists we live in some totalitarian regime whilst saying things that are as close to threatening a politician's life as you can get without actually doing it. If his assertion were correct he'd already be silenced.
    Google Talk: ludious83 My Blog: The Caustic Geek

This is indisputable.

someone i think it was narwhal posted a video of hootie singing wagon wheel. i guess he's still making music

Yea, but he's going by like, his real name now, right? I've heard weird stories about him barning on to try and get a second shot at fame, ala Vanilla Ice.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't listen to any music i did when i was a kid

there's no place in my collection for dead weight
    Per3th.jpg
  • tapeslingertapeslinger utter Yog-Sothothery mmm, soulsRegistered User regular

This is indisputable.

how is it possible that the only god damn Key and Peele sketch not on Youtube is the Hootie one
    Hey! You! Go bid on awesome things! http://solidsaints.com
    jayxwolf.com || twit || fb || writing || ravelry || dA || g++
  • ChanusChanus Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I love how Nugent insists we live in some totalitarian regime whilst saying things that are as close to threatening a politician's life as you can get without actually doing it. If his assertion were correct he'd already be silenced.

Critical Thinking isn't one of Uncle Ted's class abilities.
    Feck, shite, feck, shite, feck, shite, arse!
    Chanus take my quote out of your signature anyway. It's out of context and makes people think I'm afraid or hate vaginas!
This discussion has been closed.