Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    D&D Chat Thread.

The original Thief games. Are they worth my time? I know nothing about them, aside from like you shoot arrows sometimes.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    [
    Echo wrote: »
    Streamin' some of that CCG the latest comic is about.

is good?

is fun?
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Damn typos. Meant to do -1.

I guess that's good, though, since I'm at work right now.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    okay

the regression suggests that the granger causality flowing from output to money begins changing around 1979q1-1979q2

and the granger causality from money to output begins changing around 1988q4-1989q1

hmmm.

I find this fascinating enough that I'm usually motivated to try to figure out what is going on in the stuff you post.

I would do the same with my present assignments were it not for my sheer terror at the possibility of it turning up in some anti-plagiarism database.

Although I have found some of my previous assignment questions posted on the math help forums.
  • CindersCinders Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d1-0 for how many pants Solo should wear

How pants-normative.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d1-1 for fucks given
    919UOwT.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Geth roll 1d10d20

Geth roll 2d20+1d5
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Snapchat adds pressure to have a life before responding to messages.
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Oh god large bold text scares me.

Hold me

re:RE:RE:RE:fw:RE:FW:RE:FW INSTRUCTIONS BY WILL
    >
    >>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> geth, warn @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot for sassiness
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    That Abby girl can actually draw quite well.

She just chooses not to for her webcomic, I guess.
    network_sig2.png
    dang

that did not work
    Irond Will wrote: »
    dang

that did not work

it did not
    919UOwT.png
    also you said fifth street first you don't even know!

i totally had to look it up

it's been like 15 years since i've been to austin
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    GETH ISN'T YOUR TOOL JUST TO SHAME ME WILL

I AM A FREE SPIRITED WOMAN
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

I did that joke way earlier this morning.
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    dang

that did not work

I would say something, but i love you too much to make fun of you, will.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    OH GOD IT'S TRACKING ME SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    skippy are your parts supposed to show up today?

EVERY PART

THE UPS GUY IS GOING TO THROW HIS BACK OUT

enjoy ur windoesn't

I WINDWILL

because i am such a nice guy i will halp u

8738295553_f33ac0f820_b.jpg

http://bit.ly/12y8o9L
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    You know, Will, I'm sure if you asked Icy nicely he could give you a manual on how Geth works.

The One Quick Trick Tube Doesn't Want You To Know
    Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    OH GOD IT'S TRACKING ME SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP

it's using a small subdermal tag to track you. Grab a knife and remove it, it's that bump behind your ear.
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    wait, does win8 not have a start button in the traditional sense?

i guess i don't care, i can just search for whatever

but that is a strange choice to me
    i guess if you forward around a geth command long enough it loses all its potency

copy of a copy

telomere shortening

etc
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have something to say about this IRS thing, I'll just head over to the Obama thread and-

good lord the screaming

*backs away slowly*

say it here

we'll have a well-reasoned and respectful discussion about it!

I just think it's extremely problematic for the IRS to be focusing energy based on assumed political affiliation of its targets. It's a huge line to cross in terms of honest government and people's belief in the system. It's terrible PR as well to be hassling the very groups that are motivated by big, stupid, inefficient government.

As we get closer to ACA implementation I cannot imagine a reason why any Democrat would support or defend efforts to prove us right when we say government can't be trusted to deal fairly with people and ought to be strangled as much as possible.

If no one gets fired over this I'll have to conclude that the Obama admin is basically corrupted by political desire to win and views me as an enemy or an impediment, rather than a citizen. This is the line for me, and if we cross it without some consequences for those who were involved, I'll no longer be able to trust the administration to deal honestly in any other circumstance.

@ronya @gooey @sarksus and others.

This is an eminently terrible take away from this.

It is just so incredibly wrong and horrible I don't know what else to say. Obama didn't like what happened, they had already been told to stop it once again.

This is not them making YOU an enemy, nor was it stopping any tea party group from getting charitable status under the law.

I just.

Come on, man.

I disagree, and I don't care if Obama didn't like it. I'm sure he's super pissed that this shit came to light!

Heads need to roll or I can't take him seriously at all. If you want your government big and intrusive, and you don't bother to punish it when it does stuff like this, I can only conclude that the behavior will be tolerated again in the future.

I am going to point out that you said that if people don't get fired you will assume Obama thinks of you as an enemy and not a citizen.

Which is different from this new point, which is equally specious. And honestly, while this is stupid, it isn't the kind of fuckup which should require "heads to roll".

Wiretapping the AP might be.

Well I get that the level of fuck-acting you'll tolerate from this administration is far far higher. So ok.

Maybe he's going down the list of Nixon-related crimes and changing them up a bit, like bad political fanfic.

as a distinct issue, I don't think it'll be possible to have a Nixon today, since tracing anything to the president's inner circle is liable to be highly difficult

and it has to go well above "this was nominally your responsibility" - it has to go to "you gave the order".
    By rights Bush should have been forced from office and thrown in jail for having people tortured - which is just as illegal as Nixon trying to cover up Watergate, and far more immoral
    jBEKRTH.png

yes I think the start menu is gone and it is very upsetting to some people

I will find out later today!
    Henroid wrote: »

youre not my dad

you cant tell me what to do
    919UOwT.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

Way of the future
    Yet that is exactly what i see here.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

correct
    they sped up search alot
    I got to my leave slip pdf is like point oh two seconds.

yes I think the start menu is gone and it is very upsetting to some people

I will find out later today!

it's actually very handsome

if i didn't already have apple/gmail synchronicity going on i might even be tempted to use the charms menu

looks nice
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    geth roll 69d69
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Geth give me the power
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Henroid wrote: »

youre not my dad

you cant tell me what to do

Go to your room. Smoke the entire pack of cigarettes. No supper.
    You know, Will, I'm sure if you asked Icy nicely he could give you a manual on how Geth works.

The One Quick Trick Tube Doesn't Want You To Know

Forum trolls HATE HIM for this one weird trick!
    919UOwT.png
    8738307661_259999cbe7_b.jpg

8738307697_eb38990b9a_b.jpg
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular

It's fine, the Start menu was always terrible. The biggest problem is

OH HI I SEE YOU ARE OPENING A PICTURE LET ME DROP YOUR ENTIRE DESKTOP AWAY PAINT THE SCREEN PURPLE AND FULLSCREEN THAT SHIT FOR YOU WITH NO EASY WAY TO GET BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING

It has this half assed tablet interface that gets all up in your face constantly and it's so fucking poorly designed for use on a keyboard and mouse computer.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • P10P10 Registered User regular
    in the future no one will use KBAM! windows 8 is ahead of its time and revolutionary! tablets are teh future of computing!

*barfs*
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    japan wrote: »
    okay

the regression suggests that the granger causality flowing from output to money begins changing around 1979q1-1979q2

and the granger causality from money to output begins changing around 1988q4-1989q1

hmmm.

I find this fascinating enough that I'm usually motivated to try to figure out what is going on in the stuff you post.

I would do the same with my present assignments were it not for my sheer terror at the possibility of it turning up in some anti-plagiarism database.

Although I have found some of my previous assignment questions posted on the math help forums.

@japan

basically monetary policy changed abruptly in singapore when it neoliberalized in the 1980s, as it did in many other countries. but the pace in singapore was incredibly abrupt - the Economic Committee that had been convened to deal with the problem - chaired by the current PM, in fact - went from hardcore Keynesian to hardcore monetarist in the span of half a year, more or less without consulting the public. There was no extended political struggle that might have made the switch anticipated in some ambiguous fashion.

so the hypothesis is that if I run a complicated regression that is supposed to detect changes in the way causality flows from money to output, I should be able to identify the mid-1980 switch.

it turns out that I am getting a bracket around 1985 instead, which is kinda-sorta plausible for complicated historical reasons I won't go into, but that's all beside the point because the standard errors I am getting on those two timing estimates are HUGE
    ronya on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I played around with Windows 8 yesterday. You can go back to the traditional desktop pretty quickly and it's not so horrible.

But I don't really understand what the purpose of the touch capable, mobile windows display of teh start menu is on a desktop.

Just seems like a waste of time.
    Lh96QHG.png

OH HI I SEE YOU ARE OPENING A PICTURE LET ME DROP YOUR ENTIRE DESKTOP AWAY PAINT THE SCREEN PURPLE AND FULLSCREEN THAT SHIT FOR YOU WITH NO EASY WAY TO GET BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING

It has this half assed tablet interface that gets all up in your face constantly and it's so fucking poorly designed for use on a keyboard and mouse computer.

i guess you can hit the windows key- or windows key plus d?

i dunno

my instinct was to hit 'escape' to leave that weird picture app or the full screen mail app, messaging app etc

but it does not seem like that works, it is a paradigm i haven't really wrapped my head around yet
    I heard win8 boots fast
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

I have UAC disabled so it can't open any metro apps like that picture viewer.
    So I never experience those problems. But I also can't use half of the new useless shit in Metro.
This discussion has been closed.