Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    start menu sux
    Sarksus on
  • HenroidHenroid Baba Booey to y'all Tyler, TX (where hope comes to die!)Registered User regular
    Why does dolan say gooby pls?
    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit." - @Ludious
    Unmotivate - Updated May 17th - "Let's Complain About Nintendo"
    The PA Forumer 'Lets Play' Archive - Updated March 25th, 2013
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    I should do all that on New Zealand data, too, actually, and I would probably have done if I could track down all the required time-series data
    Henroid wrote: »

He's saying, Gooby, please, I would not deceive you, please do not think of me that way, I am your friend, trust me Gooby.
    and then he reveals he just fed your wife to you
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I heard win8 boots fast

i heard that too

it is why i decided to do windows on a boot camp partition rather than emulated

well, part of why

i have read that cold startup on the new macs is like 12 seconds

that is a whole lot faster than what i have now

we'll see!
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I heard win8 boots fast

It does, and the desktop skin is very pretty. When done up right, it rivals OS X, which is looking very mid-aughts with its glossy globes and linen patterns.
    Donkey Kong on
    dkmouthsig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

He's saying, Gooby, please, I would not deceive you, please do not think of me that way, I am your friend, trust me Gooby.

stabstabstabstabstabstab
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    (I wanted both to be near 1985-1986, for theory reasons)

Them being at those points correlate with opposition wins in elections, that goes with those quandaries.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
    My new gaming computer boots in about 15 seconds, maybe a little less. And it doesn't chug at startup, doing whatever the fuck Windows 98/XP/Vista/7 thought was so goddamned important it couldn't wait.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    I also thought this week's How I Met Your Mother was very good.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I heard win8 boots fast

i heard that too

well, part of why

we'll see!

I'm guessing that's on an SSD?
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • HonkHonk Registered User regular
    Holy crap OJ.

OJbigger_zpsc5720fe9.jpg

"If I gained weight"
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    win 8 takes longer to boot than vista if you have a dual boot setup

on my ssd it takes around 45 seconds
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular
    Republicans just probably got the ball rolling on Voodoo economics before Reagan was able to take the chair. Pits not like he was extraordinarily involved in policy making.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    the new bsod is much cuter

800px-BSoD_in_Windows_8.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity bad biscuits make the baker broke bro Registered User regular
    my windows 7 box boots in like 12s
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    (I wanted both to be near 1985-1986, for theory reasons)

Them being at those points correlate with opposition wins in elections, that goes with those quandaries.

not US data, dude

I am copying the approach from a paper that did US data, though, and he landed straight on 1978 with a good p-value. that is, right on Volcker.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    aioli done!

I think it came out okay.
    xlh6c3.png
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular
    I like windows 8. The Metro screen doesn't phase me, I can just press the win key and get back to desktop. When I want to launch an app, I just press the win key and start typing what I want. I like windows 8 because it's pretty easy to get around to the things I want to do, more so than win7. I like the win8 file explorer ribbon, how it has folder/media/etc options included so I don't have to go through drop down menus to get those options. I like the integrated dual monitor support, rather than having to use a standalone application solely to do this on windows 7. I actually think their mail app is decent, letting me keep all 6-7 email accounts in one spot.

I really only use the metro app interface to quick launch things I already don't have on my task bar and keep my desktop clear of icons. That and to just get a quick glance at the weather, news, and see if I have any email; and when I'm done I just press the windows key and voila, back to desktop and whatever I need to be doing.

It also boots up in like 10 seconds for me.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    ai1oek21TbamJKUwpodNyeYGQBCbnntH2ryCO2SO2fw?size=1280x960

His Dad's away, so he's busy planning the kegger.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

OMG

My mom hooked up a windows 8 machine today. I have not heard from since.

EVIL ROBOT ALERT.
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    they changed the blue screen of death?!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    Boot time has not bothered me since I stopped using my mom's shitty gateway with Win98 on it.

I think it's like ten or fifteen seconds with my Win7 laptop right now?

I do look forward to the next windows, when they'll have everything ironed out with the metro screen thing.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Windows 7 boots fast if you have a SSD :P

What happened that 8 became the thing today?
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I like windows 8. The Metro screen doesn't phase me, I can just press the win key and get back to desktop. When I want to launch an app, I just press the win key and start typing what I want. I like windows 8 because it's pretty easy to get around to the things I want to do, more so than win7. I like the win8 file explorer ribbon, how it has folder/media/etc options included so I don't have to go through drop down menus to get those options. I like the integrated dual monitor support, rather than having to use a standalone application solely to do this on windows 7. I actually think their mail app is decent, letting me keep all 6-7 email accounts in one spot.

I really only use the metro app interface to quick launch things I already don't have on my task bar and keep my desktop clear of icons. That and to just get a quick glance at the weather, news, and see if I have any email; and when I'm done I just press the windows key and voila, back to desktop and whatever I need to be doing.

can you make the default mail tile work with non-microsoft addresses?
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I heard win8 boots fast

i heard that too

well, part of why

we'll see!

I'm guessing that's on an SSD?

i think so?

i ordered a fusion drive, which is an integrated SSD front-end with a big spinner back-end
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    What does DynDNS.org do and why does my router have a specific settings page just for it?
    network_sig2.png
    I heard win8 boots fast

It does, and the desktop skin is very pretty. When done up right, it rivals OS X, which is looking very mid-aughts with its glossy globes and linen patterns.

if you don't like the new tiles and stuff you can just turn it off, right?
    I've just realized I have no clue how to do the hypothesis test that this author does. Not on MLE results. Hmm.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    so full
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The aioli is not as perfect as I would like it.

But fuck it, I don't really know what to do to get it better

it is very good considering I've made mayonnaise-like things thrice

but the annoying thing is that the first time was perfect, and since I have not been able to replicate that.
    xlh6c3.png
    I heard win8 boots fast

Not easily. Microsoft is p intent on cramming them down your throat.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Not as far as I could see.
    Torak - Elcor Vanguard
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    What does DynDNS.org do and why does my router have a specific settings page just for it?

Dynamic DNS. It lets you assign a URL to a dynamic IP address. Good for home web servers or if you want to connect to your PC over the Internet.
  • EvigilantEvigilant Registered User regular

I have my gmail(s), hotmail, yahoo, school, and army emails all on that default mail tile.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Google+ Profile Origin: 13Evigilant Steam: Evigilant
    I heard win8 boots fast

Not easily. Microsoft is p intent on cramming them down your throat.

hmm
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    [size]hey guys

if you guys want to get after each other re: the irs thing

or the bengazi thing

or whatever else

we have a process for this!

make a thread.
    [/size]

I

yes, I sync with gmail.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to jailbreak my iPhone while Im at the house this evening so I can use it to tether at my apartment until I get internet there. Also I have a surprise I will share later.
This discussion has been closed.