Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• VariableVariable Stroke Me Lady Fame Registered User regular
    oh good I still have my old phone. hopefully I can get something new somewhat soon.

ewwwww phone from 2011 EWWWWWW

(but for real thank goodness I thought I was gonna have nothing which becomes an actual hassle, so used to easy communication)
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Dr. Johnson
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser Way out in the water See it swimmin'?Registered User regular
    Oft autocorrect was trying to make a haiku out of my post
    #FreeThan
    #FreeScheck
    #FreeSKFM
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    riemann did you see my win8 thoughts

i like it so far
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    The one ticket I ever got was from a red light camera. My then-girlfriend was in the car, very drunk, and after I stopped for a few red lights she told me she'd throw up if I kept changing speeds. This was at like 3am, I was moving slowly, and there were no other cars (I checked and would've stopped if necessary). Fairly safe, but still illegal. :(
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    The one ticket I ever got was from a red light camera. My then-girlfriend was in the car, very drunk, and after I stopped for a few red lights she told me she'd throw up if I kept changing speeds. This was at like 3am, I was moving slowly, and there were no other cars (I checked and would've stopped if necessary). Fairly safe, but still illegal. :(

A law abiding citizen would have made her walk.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular

If it was from a camera and your state doesn't have very specific enforcement rules, you can just ignore those.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    MadCaddy wrote: »

If it was from a camera and your state doesn't have very specific enforcement rules, you can just ignore those.

This would make you a bad person.
    Almost as bad as Gooey.
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Registered User regular
    No Benefit in Sharply Restricting Salt, Panel Finds

But the new expert committee, commissioned by the Institute of Medicine at the behest of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said there was no rationale for anyone to aim for sodium levels below 2,300 milligrams a day. The group examined new evidence that had emerged since the last such report was issued, in 2005.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/health/panel-finds-no-benefit-in-sharply-restricting-sodium.html?hp&_r=0

thank sweet, salty jesus
    "All models are wrong; some models are useful."
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    omg it's only four pm this is an outrage
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular

accualy is 3pm : (
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular

I wish it was 4 :(
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Abolish the time system.
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Their ideas are old and their ideas are bad. Risk is our business.Registered User regular
    It is the fourth hour in civilization.

You poor, sad western fools.
    Lh96QHG.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    oh... i have something to do, actually...

i should work out some...

Blegh, working out suuuuuuuucks.
  • GonmunGonmun Canada eh!Registered User regular

5pm where I am. :P
    t7zsk1.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    I don't go home until six waaaaaaaaah
    TTODewback wrote: »

This would make you a bad person.
    Almost as bad as Gooey.

Meh, I'll sleep at night. The way municipalities use their ill gotten motorist monies doesn't make me feel bad about helping people who'll put the money to better use game the system. Plus I had to learn that little caveat through experience... :( I had a judge tell me they had no way and throw one out.

Yep. I checked and apparently the law is something like the ticket has to be hand delivered by a Virginia cop. If one appeared at my door and gave me a ticket I'd have to pay it, or if, more likely, I got pulled over for something else and they called me out on it.

I paid it anyway, because it was only $50 and I figured I'd be on the safe side.
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    @madcaddy

fwiw the opposition in singapore bitterly opposed elements of the keynesian and then monetarist moves throughout; it was linked more to cultural than economic issues. the 1985 recession took all involved by surprise. in this case it seems safe to even say that political issues are irrelevant. but this isn't necessary to talk about granger causality, happily.
  • TehSlothTehSloth On that ass like Charmin Registered User regular
    Cool, looks like the problem with my program might be Server 2012...

fml
    Gooey wrote: »

I couldn't care less, it's not like they're destroying a REAL treasure like Angelina Jolie's boobs or anything.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular

I couldn't care less, it's not like they're destroying a REAL treasure like Angelina Jolie's boobs or anything.

good point
    919UOwT.png
    edited May 2013

Yep. I checked and apparently the law is something like the ticket has to be hand delivered by a Virginia cop. If one appeared at my door and gave me a ticket I'd have to pay it, or if, more likely, I got pulled over for something else and they called me out on it.

I paid it anyway, because it was only $50 and I figured I'd be on the safe side.

Yea, it's this mentality that they pray on. It's just another "integrity" tax that people that know the mug game don't deal with. Stuff like that makes my blood boil, since I would've always just paid them, even if I wasn't the one driving, etc.
    MadCaddy on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Registered User regular

This is about equivalent to building a Tesco on Stonehenge, eh?
    camo_sig2.png
    I am torn between gooey and solom on these atrocities.
    History destroyed...boobs destroyed..
    My heart is broken.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    the correctness of some of the things I wrote on that test is definitely up for debate
    And the fact that those red light cameras have increased accident fatality rates, and traffic congestion are the other reasons they make m so angry. Basically, they can be used as a metaphor for all my small government leanings.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    My heart is broken.

Could be worse. Could've been historical boobs.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    You know, Will, I'm sure if you asked Icy nicely he could give you a manual on how Geth works.

The One Quick Trick Tube Doesn't Want You To Know

This already exists :D
    Its in the secret anime subforum.

@IcyLiquid

you know i need to brush up on my hiragana before i can read what you post in there baka
    edited May 2013
    My heart is broken.

Could be worse. Could've been historical boobs.

If they fuck with Cleopatra's boobs, shit is going down.
    riots anarchy world war 5
    TTODewback on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Government is good and can be trusted to play fair and deal in good faith with the public.
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular

This is about equivalent to building a Tesco on Stonehenge, eh?

More like a Tesco parking lot, but yeah.
    steam_sig.png
    ronya wrote: »
    @madcaddy

fwiw the opposition in singapore bitterly opposed elements of the keynesian and then monetarist moves throughout; it was linked more to cultural than economic issues. the 1985 recession took all involved by surprise. in this case it seems safe to even say that political issues are irrelevant. but this isn't necessary to talk about granger causality, happily.

Eh, I don't know enough about either and you're vocation/location are both so Ill take your word for it. ;)

My only point was that you results are in line with what would be expected globally.
    ronya wrote: »
    @madcaddy

Eh, I don't know enough about either and you're vocation/location are both so Ill take your word for it. ;)

My only point was that you results are in line with what would be expected globally.
    And the fact that those red light cameras have increased accident fatality rates, and traffic congestion are the other reasons they make m so angry. Basically, they can be used as a metaphor for all my small government leanings.

It's cut down accidents by....80-something percent here at the affected intersections.
    And hasn't effected traffic at all.
    And I thought I lived in a fail-zone.

It's cut down accidents by....80-something percent here at the affected intersections.
    And hasn't effected traffic at all.
    And I thought I lived in a fail-zone.

Your anecdote aside, the data proves otherwise. I can't pull it up right now, but just google a bit and it'll be at the top. It's why they're being decommissioned in a lot of cities (LA I know for sure)
    They cost more than they expected, had no way to collect the revenues they were supposed to collect without subverting certain laws, and the traffic issues they've occurred are only negative. This isn't hyperbole, this is fact proven with data.
    edited May 2013
    They cost more than they expected, had no way to collect the revenues they were supposed to collect without subverting certain laws, and the traffic issues they've occurred are only negative. This isn't hyperbole, this is fact proven with data.

Wait, are we still talking about Angelina Jolie's boobs? Because I'm not at all surprised they've caused traffic issues.
    Solomaxwell6 on
This discussion has been closed.