Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    Well I guess we're the exception.
    Either way, red light runners are a bane to humanity.
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    i wish we had automated red-light cameras and speed/ noise detectors in my city

i'm totes for cc fucking everywhere too

as good as the boston/ cambridge/ watertown cops were in the bombing/ terrorist thing lately, it generally takes something of that magnitude to get them off their asses. we have a lot of perverse incentives that keeps them from really focusing on their actual jobs.

Because our crime rates are low and general satisfaction levels are high, and because they get double-time for playing angry birds at a construction site but nothing for actually walking a beat or ticketing people who double-park on major streets with their hazards on for a half-hour, and because none of the cambridge cops actually live in cambridge, it's really hard to get them to engage.
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    is this the "lets be angry about something really specific" time of chat again?

because our building closing at 7 instead of 9 every day because the security guard wants to go home is fucking annoying
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

Government is good and can be trusted to play fair and deal in good faith with the public.
    Well this about wraps it up for government

Government seemed like such a good idea at the time too

shame it didn't work out

jBEKRTH.png
    wandering wrote: »

Government is good and can be trusted to play fair and deal in good faith with the public.

shame it didn't work out

we're on the horns of a dilemma

either slavishly cheer on authoritarianism

or

burn everything down

there are no other choices
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Afternoon [chat]!

I am now off for the next 48 hours :D

Mostly because I am tricksy.

So my two cooks come in together about 15 minutes before 4. Meanwhile, I've been working alone all day, did lunch prep, lunch, dinner prep, and was lazily flipping a dozen red peppers on the grill when they walked in. The kitchen was immaculate, fully stocked and ready to rock for them.

We say our hellos, then I point at both of them with my tongs and asked, "Hey, uh, you guys probably don't need me around for dinner tonight, right?"

And here I am. :D

Little do they know I was so "productive" today because I served maybe a dozen tables at lunch. >_>
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

because our building closing at 7 instead of 9 every day because the security guard wants to go home is fucking annoying

I once got my car locked in at a medical building because of this.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong and a cast of thousands Registered User regular
    I once pooped in a toilet that wasn't as clean as I would have liked it to be.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

as good as the boston/ cambridge/ watertown cops were in the bombing/ terrorist thing lately, it generally takes something of that magnitude to get them off their asses. we have a lot of perverse incentives that keeps them from really focusing on their actual jobs.

Because our crime rates are low and general satisfaction levels are high, and because they get double-time for playing angry birds at a construction site but nothing for actually walking a beat or ticketing people who double-park on major streets with their hazards on for a half-hour, and because none of the cambridge cops actually live in cambridge, it's really hard to get them to engage.

They do all right if a black guy tries to break into his own house...
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Gatekeeper of D&D [chat] Toronto, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So no "work" until 4 on Thursday

Except I'll stop in tomorrow 'cause I'm a jerk like that

And apparently I've been assigned the task of terraforming my parents property tomorrow :P

I may take pictures, it should be fun!
  • ShivahnShivahn Registered User regular
    I once pooped in a toilet that wasn't as clean as I would have liked it to be.

And yet you made the problem worse, you selfish bastard.
  • SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    MY GRASS IS STILL WET

I NEED TO FINISH MOWING

F U EARTH

to be fair

TO BE FAIR
    dkmouthsig.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

shame it didn't work out

I hate to say I told you so, but...
    Successful Kickstarter get! Drop by Bare Mettle Entertainment if you'd like to see what we're making.
  • MadCaddyMadCaddy Riksadvokate Registered User regular

I wanted to make a Dormer reference, but that just got me sad and angry.

And I have some actual work to do. Nice chatting ya all. Be good to one another.
    League of Legends: SorryNotRly Steam: MMForYourHealth Hero Academy: MadCaddy
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    So no "work" until 4 on Thursday

Except I'll stop in tomorrow 'cause I'm a jerk like that

And apparently I've been assigned the task of terraforming my parents property tomorrow :P

I may take pictures, it should be fun!

I had the exact opposite of this. I got so used to staying late and coming in on off-days at my last job that I came in and worked on a day that I thought I had to when I was actually supposed to be off. :P
    EriktheVikingGamer on
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    this moist earth
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    meaty lk divekick cr.lk cr.lp s.lp s.mp xx hk upkicks

gotta practice
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    There are some absolute stone cold foxes in the zero vision semi finals this year. Ukraine and Cyprus are insanely hot.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    UPS

where are you
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

I once got my car locked in at a medical building because of this.

classes finish between 5 and 6

that gives us at most two hours in the study room

the library stays open till 11 but you have to pay your fees to use it, which is something I don't do till the last possible minute
    UPS

where are you

They deliver everything but the case.
    dkmouthsig.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular
    I just found a framed autographed picture of Drew Bledsoe outside of my room

sweeeeet

I don't know who the hell Jean is but she has Drew Bledsoe's best wishes
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • ronyaronya hmmm over there!Registered User regular
    todo:

estimate the VAR for the whole period on differences, to see how much lags to include. ideally fewer.

log-likelihood-ratio-test for nonlinearity

log-likelihood-ratio-test for granger causation.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    There are some absolute stone cold foxes in the zero vision semi finals this year. Ukraine and Cyprus are insanely hot.

As long as you're watching it for the perving opportunities, I guess I haven't lost all respect for you...yet.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    noooo it's only 4:37

i wanna go hoooooooooome
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    UPS

where are you

Pfft. Not a problem. Just set it up like this guy/gal.
    computer-wall-mount.jpg
    EriktheVikingGamer on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Pink haired tyrant On my throne of forum faces.Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

sweeeeet

Cancer patient. Her boobs are gone.
    YOU MONSTER
  • BogartBogart Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

As long as you're watching it for the perving opportunities, I guess I haven't lost all respect for you...yet.

Just caught the roundup bit. Haven't seen the show. I probably will watch the final, though. It's always good drunk viewing.

they are, admittedly, a little more proactive around mount auburn/ brattle street with the multimillion dollar homes than they are in my hood.

people talk a lot about how boston is (or was) a racist city because of the busing riots back in the 70s, but i almost never see anything like that in cambridge. most of the crime and disturbance seems to be irish/ italian white townies, and there are loads of wealthy/ established minorities and foreigners. i'd be a little surprised if that cop was at all motivated by racism in shaking gates down.

almost certainly what happened was the cop was being kind of a dick and, like, demanding id and being a tough guy, and gates, being hypersensitive to cop bullshit, escalated the whole thing until he was arrested.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    UPS

where are you

computer-wall-mount.jpg

That's pretty cool. :o

sweeeeet

no you misunderstand

bledsoe really liked his jeans
    I am convinced that attempting to watch the Eurovision is harder than competing in the Eurovision.
    UPS

where are you

computer-wall-mount.jpg

That's pretty cool. :o

If I had a soul, I'd sell it for that set up. (And a job. But that's just being superficial.)
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular

they are, admittedly, a little more proactive around mount auburn/ brattle street with the multimillion dollar homes than they are in my hood.

people talk a lot about how boston is (or was) a racist city because of the busing riots back in the 70s, but i almost never see anything like that in cambridge. most of the crime and disturbance seems to be irish/ italian white townies, and there are loads of wealthy/ established minorities and foreigners. i'd be a little surprised if that cop was at all motivated by racism in shaking gates down.

almost certainly what happened was the cop was being kind of a dick and, like, demanding id and being a tough guy, and gates, being hypersensitive to cop bullshit, escalated the whole thing until he was arrested.

will if where you live is the hood i don't want to be on this planet anymore
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

sweeeeet

no you misunderstand

bledsoe really liked his jeans

Doubleback_NEw.jpg

mm

great jeans
    G2Dcf.jpg
    honestly I have no idea why this picture is in my house

but it will go GREAT in my goofy white guys sports pantheon of autographed Bill Walton and Bryant "Big Country" Reeves 8x11s
    G2Dcf.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    UPS

where are you
    Parcel Service U, where are you?
    I need my package right now
    Parcel Service U, where are you?
    I'm just about to crack now
    jBEKRTH.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    measles outbreak in brooklyn, among ultra orthodox jewish communities, starting with someone in a family who refused vaccinations coming to new york from london

loonies
    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar |
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

will if where you live is the hood i don't want to be on this planet anymore

if will lives in the hood im pretty sure chu lives in the apocalyptic cyber death ghetto of 2048
This discussion has been closed.