Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[chat] going one way, people another

• SarksusSarksus TEN FUCKING DOLLARS Registered User regular
    I got taquitos and Mim is giving me the stink eye

bitch doesn't appreciate frozen taquitos
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    @Hamurabi What kinda modem? Model number if possible.

ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone WideBand Cable Modem, Model WBM760A.

Cool. And you're just trying to do your own port-forwarding, and the issue is that your modem is doing NAT when you don't want it to?

Pretty much. AirVideo is giving me "double NAT" errors, which I assume means my modem is acting as a NAT device in addition to my router ...?

It totally is, like DK said. Might be a way to log into that bugger and mess with it, there generally is. I'm looking.

Edit: Huh. So okay, the interwebs are saying it's a bride by default, which would match with my experience having Comcast.

In order of "complex":

Your router should have a "renew internet IP" button or thereabouts. What happens if you hit that?

If you haven't, the factory default settings on your modem MIGHT be happier; there's a button. Note: I don't know what happens if you hit that button.
    dporowski on
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    guys let's all do comics

together
    vspgsp.jpg
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    If she says different she's lying.

also mim tell me about this comicing thing. I am interested.

I'm really into slice-of-life comics but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at other things.

RIGHT NOW THOUGH, My art skill is not up to par with starting a comic, so I am focusing on the basics and going from there. I'll do some crappily drawn comics for practice though. I also need to focus on my writing. I've been told I'm good with dialogue but I want it to be able to write something funny and has a well thought out plot, y'know?

So basically, I'm in "Study" mode. Sarksus got me "Figure Drawing For All It's Worth" as a birthday gift to help me out.

bro i started drawing superhero comics in my spare time and I've been at it for over a year.

hard work and time and the right attitude do wonders

start a comic now because you'll be way more up to practising when you have a fun outlet for it, and you can do life drawing and shit on the side, but if it's just a grind until you're 'good enough' it'll be way harder

i believe in youuu

Oh, okay that's pretty good advice, thank you Cass!

BAD COMICS DRAWN AND WRITTEN BY ME, HERE I COME! 8-)
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    arch! what's up

Not a whole lot! Doing science, getting ready to go to japan

science sucks japan sucks bugs suck

(japan the place. japan the poster is good)

also why are you going to japan

to do more science

rock on!
    so I hung up on her
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons LondresRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    guys let's all do comics

together

Let us begin by writing captions to something someone prepared earlier

erFmkT9.jpg
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Should I watch Strip Search as an aspiring comic-ist?

Y/N

an aspiring whatnow?

I don't know the term for someone who wants to write AND draw comics.

well make sure you don't mention it in rl

i'm pretty sure that shit can still get you kicked out of the military

mim already got kicked out because she was too lesbian.

How lesbian is she?
    She watched "The L Word"
    *gasp*

That doesn't make you lesbian, that just means you have bad taste. Or are a masochist.

I just like to see shows through. Like, parts of me wanted to give up on Twin Peaks because it got SLOW, but then I finished it.

I'm still upset about the end.

I was like this with Angel. Just why, WHY did Wesley have to die?

And why did it get cancelled? Grr...

WHAT THE FUCK, WESLEY DIES?!
    1. WINKY - LOOK AT ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU

Now you!
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/world/europe/germany-accuses-refugee-of-being-somali-pirates-accountant.html?src=recg&_r=0
    The authorities in Germany said Monday that they had arrested a man, identifying him only by the initial “M,” who had acted as the accountant for a band of Somali pirates who hijacked a German oil tanker three years ago.

The man, who “partially confessed,” according to a police statement, is believed to have been responsible for “the bookkeeping, which was the basis for the proportional division of the ransom between the participating pirates.” He faces a potential prison sentence of 5 to 15 years on charges of kidnapping and grievous bodily harm.

don't get any ideas here, torn anus
    Ferrealsies, though, we could do a joint comic and, like, cycle who is making them each update.

Abdhyius does Mondays, Mim on Wednesdays, Winky on Fridays
    vspgsp.jpg
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Registered User regular
    As you can see I am uncircumcised which adds a little unique flair to my genital experience, although I am happy to retract it should need be.

In conclusion, you should definitely hire me and my reasonably girthy penis *squirt*
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot Registered User regular
    Ferrealsies, though, we could do a joint comic and, like, cycle who is making them each update.

wow i c how it is
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Japan sucks in summer (have you done INSANELY HOT before @Arch?)

But the bugs are amazing. Huge fucking things.

I let the spiders live so they can kill the rest of these fuckers. I must check what predates on cicadas and go but some before summer.
    poshniallo on
    Neal Stephenson wrote:
    It was, of course, nothing more than sexism, the especially virulent type espoused by male techies who sincerely believe that they are too smart to be sexists.
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Barbara Streisand! Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Should I watch Strip Search as an aspiring comic-ist?

Y/N

an aspiring whatnow?

I don't know the term for someone who wants to write AND draw comics.

well make sure you don't mention it in rl

i'm pretty sure that shit can still get you kicked out of the military

mim already got kicked out because she was too lesbian.

How lesbian is she?
    She watched "The L Word"
    *gasp*

That doesn't make you lesbian, that just means you have bad taste. Or are a masochist.

I just like to see shows through. Like, parts of me wanted to give up on Twin Peaks because it got SLOW, but then I finished it.

I'm still upset about the end.

I was like this with Angel. Just why, WHY did Wesley have to die?

And why did it get cancelled? Grr...

WHAT THE FUCK, WESLEY DIES?!

Oh shit! Total sorries for the spoiler. :( But yeah, now that you know, he dies. And he doesn't go out in the best way either. Just, if you like him, be ready for that.
    Youtube channel: SuperVikingGamer
    Current Playthroughs: Neverwinter Closed Beta|Let's Build! Sim City
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i sent an email to a bunch of ppl for a small party or somesuch

someone emailed me back saying can you make a FB invite, i forget things if it's not on FB :| lol

someone is right

i would be weirded out if I got invited to something via email

yeah but tav you're still in college

i'm 3 years out of college

so old

wow i c how it is

Let's make our own webcomic, Cass, and give up on it before they do.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    hey cass

fuk u
    919UOwT.png

wow i c how it is

You have your thing going I didn't know if you wanted to do two things! (Speaking of which, I really need to catch up on reading that)

Cass what day of the week do you want?
    vspgsp.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/world/europe/germany-accuses-refugee-of-being-somali-pirates-accountant.html?src=recg&_r=0
    The authorities in Germany said Monday that they had arrested a man, identifying him only by the initial “M,” who had acted as the accountant for a band of Somali pirates who hijacked a German oil tanker three years ago.

The man, who “partially confessed,” according to a police statement, is believed to have been responsible for “the bookkeeping, which was the basis for the proportional division of the ransom between the participating pirates.” He faces a potential prison sentence of 5 to 15 years on charges of kidnapping and grievous bodily harm.

don't get any ideas here, torn anus

el contador
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck FAK U HODGEHEG Registered User regular
    As you can see I am uncircumcised which adds a little unique flair to my genital experience, although I am happy to retract it should need be.

In conclusion, you should definitely hire me and my reasonably girthy penis *squirt*

and then an outtake reel to show that you're fun loving

hello my name is penis and

--

AS YOU CAN *squirt* oh DAMN IT

--

Hello my name is eddy and *dribble* *pause* *laugh hysterically*

--
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
  • Irond WillIrond Will Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    PantsB wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    man i don't at all begrudge will his dislike of townies. i spent years in an environment where dickheads 'owned' corners and you had to sort of navigate this shitty ghetto hierarchy. i would love to live in a gentrified, comfortable, friendly place away from all the antagonistic poors.

I was going to say that you have antagonistic richies too but when I think about it, I don't really think you have the low level threat of physical violence in most of the mid or upper $ places I've been

so either that is a perception error on my part

or the more shit you have to lose, the less likely you are to pound a guy's face with a rock because he scuffed your pumas

This is true, but this is Cambridge not Camden.

man east cambridge seriously used to be no-joke shitty. in the 90s some hobos captured a girl, tied her to a chair naked and literally tortured her to death. kendall square, which is an upmarket clean tech hub now, was nothing but a series of abandoned warehouses and brownfields even when i moved there 8 years ago.

it was before my time, and it's gotten a whole lot better, but there's still bits of the "old east cambridge" legacy

Yeah and like 8 years ago two homeless dudes got killed by a pair of white supremacists in Hingham. Anecdotes and all. From 1960-1989 there was an average of a bit under 5 murders in Cambridge, since then its fairly consistently 2 (with 82% convicted). So at its worst (given a population conveniently close to 100K) it was 10% of DC. And its always been above average for income, education and employment

ed
    I mean the South End or Southie or Eastie, sure. Those have been gentrified to all get out. Somerville too. But Cambridge has always been middle to upper middle class

well it's definitely no brockton, lowell or new bedford.

but the point is that east cambridge (and north cambridge) are really significantly different from central cambridge/ harvard and were really kind of shitty. even today, cambridge has worse crime than quincy and more break-ins than lynn or lowell
    Sarksus wrote: »

are they corn or flour.

THAT'S WHY I WAS GIVING YOU THE STINK EYE.
  • MortiousMortious Move to New Zealand Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

are they corn or flour.

Gluten intolerant?
    We could do comics that are illustrations/transcriptions of the hilarious things that are said in chat
    vspgsp.jpg

are they corn or flour.

Corn >: (
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular
    Huh... Apparently Silas Brown is gone.

That makes me sad.
  • HamurabiHamurabi Registered User regular
    @Hamurabi What kinda modem? Model number if possible.

ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone WideBand Cable Modem, Model WBM760A.

Cool. And you're just trying to do your own port-forwarding, and the issue is that your modem is doing NAT when you don't want it to?

Pretty much. AirVideo is giving me "double NAT" errors, which I assume means my modem is acting as a NAT device in addition to my router ...?

It totally is, like DK said. Might be a way to log into that bugger and mess with it, there generally is. I'm looking.

These are the two pages I see in the modem's "Advanced" tab that seem relevant:
    modem_config1.jpg

modem_config2.jpg
    network_sig2.png

That makes me sad.

Where/when did he go :(?
    vspgsp.jpg
    Mortious wrote: »

are they corn or flour.

Gluten intolerant?

No, I just prefer flour taquitos!
  • MazzyxMazzyx Changing the World Order. Registered User regular
    My poor Japanese teacher. My lessons are over ATT's meeting thing for berlitz and she was at her mother in laws house in Atlanta and the web there just couldn't handle it by the end. She lost connection and came back apologizing.

It was super cute but I felt bad since it wasn't her fault.
    falasig.png
  • JeanJean Northern Alberta , CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just watched the new Epic Meal Time episode. I think they're running out of ideas. They're is only so much things you can do with bacon after all, the gimmick is starting to feel old.

It's funny than in every episode, half the user comments are ''Where's Muscle??'' Yeah, more douchebaggery, that's exactly what EMT needs!
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Raiding Relics Everyday Registered User regular

That makes me sad.

I don't know where, but he was last active on April 26th... Maybe gone is the wrong word, but his last posts didn't really hint at anything.

i am a creepy stalker.
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

are they corn or flour.

Gluten intolerant?

No, I just prefer flour taquitos!

god damn what is it like to be so wrong
    919UOwT.png
    I am the worst boozer - it has taken me 4 days to drink this wine
    I like flour tortillas better but I don't mind corn tortillas.
    I need to get back on GW2.

I need to make my sexy butch knight lady again
  • y2jake215y2jake215 oh ok yeah that's cool RAP GAME KiNG TUTRegistered User regular

That makes me sad.

I don't know where, but he was last active on April 26th... Maybe gone is the wrong word, but his last posts didn't really hint at anything.

i am a creepy stalker.

@Silas Brown
    G2Dcf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.